JGR's Patch Pack

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: JGR's Patch Pack

Post by JGR »

alluke wrote: 06 Aug 2019 18:09 Compiling this on MacOS is a pain, do I really need to install 6 gigabytes of Xcode I don't need, to run single 17 mb application? :roll:
Apple go out of their way to prevent developing for their platforms without buying into their hardware. I don't own any Apple hardware, nor do I intend to acquire any, and therefore I cannot produce binaries for Apple platforms.
Other users may well choose to build on and for Apple platforms and upload the resulting binaries.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
andythenorth
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by andythenorth »

JGR wrote: 06 Aug 2019 20:08Other users may well choose to build on and for Apple platforms and upload the resulting binaries.
He could just get clang and all the deps out of the ports tree (homebrew or macports). But that would be effort compared to complaining about a 6GB download and hoping someone else solves his problem :twisted:

Also, it would be about 2.5GB from the ports tree :twisted:
Lw25
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Lw25 »

I came across different bug in different save (I can provide save on dm if needed). Even thought route is clear train do not want to enter the tunnel with signaling in it. Whole route is clear. There is nothing in the tunnel. Both 31.3 and 31.2 have that. I do not have that in my previous game.
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

Lw25 wrote: 07 Aug 2019 16:35 I came across different bug in different save (I can provide save on dm if needed). Even thought route is clear train do not want to enter the tunnel with signaling in it. Whole route is clear. There is nothing in the tunnel. Both 31.3 and 31.2 have that. I do not have that in my previous game.
A savegame which demonstrates the issue would be useful, thanks.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
Lw25
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Lw25 »

JGR wrote: 07 Aug 2019 16:51
Lw25 wrote: 07 Aug 2019 16:35 I came across different bug in different save (I can provide save on dm if needed). Even thought route is clear train do not want to enter the tunnel with signaling in it. Whole route is clear. There is nothing in the tunnel. Both 31.3 and 31.2 have that. I do not have that in my previous game.
A savegame which demonstrates the issue would be useful, thanks.
Save send by dm :wink:
BW89
Engineer
Engineer

Post by BW89 »

I noticed that trolleys overtake eachother in 0.32 RC1
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

BW89 wrote: 10 Aug 2019 18:46 I noticed that trolleys overtake eachother in 0.32 RC1
In v0.31.0 a setting was added (default on) to allow articulated road vehicles to overtake other road vehicles.
The setting can be switched off to get back the old behaviour.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
Auge
Director
Director

Post by Auge »

Hello
JGR wrote: 18 Aug 2019 16:12
BW89 wrote: 10 Aug 2019 18:46 I noticed that trolleys overtake eachother in 0.32 RC1
In v0.31.0 a setting was added (default on) to allow articulated road vehicles to overtake other road vehicles.
The setting can be switched off to get back the old behaviour.
Is it possible to restrict overtaking in general or for vehicle classes/groups in the vehicle set? Trams are not able to overtake even they are not articulated and game wise they are "only" street vehicles. The overtaking restriction gets handled somewhere. Question is, is it handled in the game code or in the vehicle set?

Tschö, Auge
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

Auge wrote: 19 Aug 2019 09:20 Hello

Is it possible to restrict overtaking in general or for vehicle classes/groups in the vehicle set? Trams are not able to overtake even they are not articulated and game wise they are "only" street vehicles. The overtaking restriction gets handled somewhere. Question is, is it handled in the game code or in the vehicle set?

Tschö, Auge
It's handled in the game code. Trams may not overtake under any circumstances. Non-tram road vehicles are all handled the same way and there isn't any NewGRF control of the overtaking behaviour.
In principle NewGRF properties could be added for this but I would doubt that such a feature would see much/any use.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
Auge
Director
Director

Post by Auge »

Hello
JGR wrote: 19 Aug 2019 17:47
Auge wrote: 19 Aug 2019 09:20 Is [restricting overtaking] handled in the game code or in the vehicle set?
It's handled in the game code. Trams may not overtake under any circumstances. Non-tram road vehicles are all handled the same way and there isn't any NewGRF control of the overtaking behaviour.
With NRT we have now the "special" case of non-rail-dependent road vehicles (trolleys) that can not overtake (in reality).
JGR wrote: 19 Aug 2019 17:47 In principle NewGRF properties could be added for this but I would doubt that such a feature would see much/any use.
I can not estimate the incidence of such features use. It is only relevant for trolleys (until someone "invents" a further case) and ((currently) hardcoded in the game) for trams so its use would be restricted for these vehicle classes. Or we live with this being unrealistic because it's not the end of the world.

Tschö, Auge
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

Auge wrote: 20 Aug 2019 09:29With NRT we have now the "special" case of non-rail-dependent road vehicles (trolleys) that can not overtake (in reality).
Being pedantic, trolley buses can and do overtake other (usually stationary) non-trolley road vehicles.
Auge wrote: 20 Aug 2019 09:29I can not estimate the incidence of such features use. It is only relevant for trolleys (until someone "invents" a further case) and ((currently) hardcoded in the game) for trams so its use would be restricted for these vehicle classes. Or we live with this being unrealistic because it's not the end of the world.

Tschö, Auge
If a NewGRF author was actively keen to implement this feature in their GRF to run on this patchpack then I could look into it, but I don't really want to implement such features speculatively.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
Auge
Director
Director

Post by Auge »

Hello
JGR wrote: 20 Aug 2019 10:33 If a NewGRF author was actively keen to implement this feature [(enabling or disabling overtaking)] in their GRF to run on this patchpack then I could look into it, but I don't really want to implement such features speculatively.
You are right, if it is only an issue in the patchpack it would be a much to high effort to solve it as an isolated application. I expect this to be also an issue in OpenTTD itself. If it is, it should be solved there if the developers think it is worth the effort. At the end it's – as said before – not the end of the world to have sprites in a game that behaves different from the real world.

Tschö, Auge
deco
Engineer
Engineer

Post by deco »

Hi, i new user in here ..
i play openTTD on android using JGR patch apk. at latest version 0.25.2.81 apk still use your patch v0.25.2

i try to patch with your latest pack version 0.31.3 windows x64 / x32 but the game has force close if open it.

how i can play with your latest pack on my android. i test some newgrf can read on game but the grf cant click it, the picture has blacked blurry. maybe need your latest patch.

sorry if my english so bad. thanks if you want reply and give solution of using latest version ..
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

deco wrote: 22 Aug 2019 00:20 how i can play with your latest pack on my android.
The Android port is not maintained by JGR, but by another developer, Pelya. You might want to privately message him to see if he will provide support/help, or just wait for him to compile and release a new version.
deco
Engineer
Engineer

Post by deco »

kamnet wrote: 22 Aug 2019 03:32
The Android port is not maintained by JGR, but by another developer, Pelya. You might want to privately message him to see if he will provide support/help, or just wait for him to compile and release a new version.
i try to pm him or post into android port
AkipTsaqif
Engineer
Engineer

Post by AkipTsaqif »

Does the 0.32 rc2 has the same changelog as 0.31.4?
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

AkipTsaqif wrote: 24 Aug 2019 13:55 Does the 0.32 rc2 has the same changelog as 0.31.4?
See here: https://github.com/JGRennison/OpenTTD-p ... angelog.md
The changes in 0.31.4 are included.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
AkipTsaqif
Engineer
Engineer

Post by AkipTsaqif »

JGR wrote: 24 Aug 2019 15:13 See here: https://github.com/JGRennison/OpenTTD-p ... angelog.md
Alright thanks.

Anyway, whenever I use some building sets, only the first 4 of them were spawned in the cities, the rest doesn't appear at all. Is this a default behavior in the game code?
Tsylatac
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Tsylatac »

AkipTsaqif wrote: 25 Aug 2019 12:45 Anyway, whenever I use some building sets, only the first 4 of them were spawned in the cities, the rest doesn't appear at all. Is this a default behavior in the game code?
Probably, if they're large sets. It caps around I think 256 unique houses, in the order the newgrfs are listed (and ones that aren't valid for the current year do count toward that limit). If you open up the scenario editor and play with the Place Houses tool you can get a better feel for it, since it won't even list the newgrfs that weren't loaded and the last one will be cut short. (But in case it's a bug, maybe try loading the same sets in the same order in vanilla openttd?)

Lifting this limit is the biggest improvement I wanna see at this point, but idk how feasible that is :P
Last edited by Tsylatac on 25 Aug 2019 16:16, edited 1 time in total.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

AkipTsaqif wrote: 25 Aug 2019 12:45
JGR wrote: 24 Aug 2019 15:13 See here: https://github.com/JGRennison/OpenTTD-p ... angelog.md
Alright thanks.

Anyway, whenever I use some building sets, only the first 4 of them were spawned in the cities, the rest doesn't appear at all. Is this a default behavior in the game code?
What sets did you use, which climate did you use, and what year did you launch the game?

Return to “OpenTTD Development”