JGR's Patch Pack

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: JGR's Patch Pack

Post by Wahazar »

fridaemon wrote: 25 May 2021 16:17 I don't know where's the problem, but sometimes when my trains go to the depot, it costs incredible much.
Doy you have 'pay for repairing vehicles' setting on?
Formerly known as: McZapkie
Projects: Reproducible Map Generation patch, NewGRFs: Manpower industries, PolTrams, Polroad, 600mm narrow gauge, wired, ECS industry extension, V4 CEE train set, HotHut.
Another favorite games: freeciv longturn, OHOL/2HOL.
fridaemon
Director
Director

Post by fridaemon »

McZapkie wrote: 25 May 2021 16:51
Yes, I have. And I know that's the reason, but I don't understand this huge price. Not sure if it was in previous releases.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Beach Objects * Shopping Centres * Skyscrapers * Garage Entrances
Modular Warehouses * Trucks & Buses Parking Lots * Bus Depots * Bus Terminals
Road Waypoints * Road Stops * Eyecandy Objects * Building Set

Winner of the Screenshot of 09/20, 11/20, 02/21, 06/21, 07/21, 05/22 and 06/22.:twisted:
fridaemon
Director
Director

Post by fridaemon »

Repairing cost: approximately 381 000 000, price for new train - approximately 1 300 000 000. It's not 1/100.

Winner of the Screenshot of 09/20, 11/20, 02/21, 06/21, 07/21, 05/22 and 06/22.:twisted:
gebik
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by gebik »

Hi all,
does anybody know if some of those two JGRpp assymetric cargodist settings is better for a pax/mail networks than basic assymetric cargodist setting?

Thanks in advance
MLG
Are you an eye candy player? Check out Invisible engine set! viewtopic.php?f=67&t=88934
You can write to me in English, or Czech. Můžete mi psát česky nebo anglicky.

Formerly known as MLG.
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

@fridaemon, You pay for each breakdown, maybe there were few breakdowns before train enter workshop?
You need to force train to visit depot always (either explicit order or depot on path) , not when it need to be repaired.

BTW, payment for repairs is very nice feature, I'm using it to remove abandoned companies, instead of these rude autoclean settings ;)

@MLG I'm using symmetric passenger cagodist but with 75% amount of returning cargo (to ensure that some cargo will be assigned to small cities or manpowered industry).
gebik
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by gebik »

McZapkie wrote: 25 May 2021 18:42 @MLG I'm using symmetric passenger cagodist but with 75% amount of returning cargo (to ensure that some cargo will be assigned to small cities or manpowered industry).
Thanks for tip, will try it.
Are you an eye candy player? Check out Invisible engine set! viewtopic.php?f=67&t=88934

Formerly known as MLG.
fridaemon
Director
Director

Post by fridaemon »

McZapkie wrote: 25 May 2021 18:42 @fridaemon, You pay for each breakdown, maybe there were few breakdowns before train enter workshop?
You need to force train to visit depot always (either explicit order or depot on path) , not when it need to be repaired.

BTW, payment for repairs is very nice feature, I'm using it to remove abandoned companies, instead of these rude autoclean settings ;)
I have service for trains - 1 per 150 days. And day length factor 13. Now I chanched cost of repair vehicles to value 1/255. I can afford it, but I don't like it :D

Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

fridaemon wrote: 26 May 2021 06:28 I have service for trains - 1 per 150 days. And day length factor 13.
I never trust service period - it may divert trains to the wrong routes, forcing frequent service (more frequent than service period) is much more reliable.
Beside this, 150 days and day length 13 means very long period of trains going without maintenance (reliability is not scaled by daylength) - I bet they will get nearly 0% reliability before visiting depot, so they will start to collect breakdowns easily.
Frequent scheduled service (at least one visit for each turn) is not only more reliable for line service (no diverting, no timetable delays) but also help to keep high reliability.
In case of passenger trains, optimal way is to place depot at the end of terminal station, with one-directional platforms for incoming and outcoming trains (with no-load orders for incoming trains, so they will be serviced empty).
Formerly known as: McZapkie
Projects: Reproducible Map Generation patch, NewGRFs: Manpower industries, PolTrams, Polroad, 600mm narrow gauge, wired, ECS industry extension, V4 CEE train set, HotHut.
Another favorite games: freeciv longturn, OHOL/2HOL.
txnca
Engineer
Engineer

Post by txnca »

Hello,

This is the first time I've had the game crash on me so not sure exactly what to upload here or even exactly what happened. I managed to do the emergency save and I have the crash log.
I was in the process of adding a station to help with congestion when it crashed. I believe that the crash was cause by a train trying to make a 90 degree turn which I have forbidden in the settings. Reason for that belief is that the game crashed when the train hit that turn. I am most likely wrong in that assumption but that is what I believe.
Attachments
crash-20210528T160111Z.png
You can see the where I am working on the changes and the train which I believe caused the crash.
(438.29 KiB) Not downloaded yet
crash-20210528T160111Z.sav
(767.59 KiB) Downloaded 57 times
crash-20210528T160111Z.txt
Log file. Wouldn't let me upload as .log though.
(56.59 KiB) Downloaded 56 times
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

txnca wrote: 28 May 2021 16:37 Hello,

This is the first time I've had the game crash on me so not sure exactly what to upload here or even exactly what happened. I managed to do the emergency save and I have the crash log.
I was in the process of adding a station to help with congestion when it crashed. I believe that the crash was cause by a train trying to make a 90 degree turn which I have forbidden in the settings. Reason for that belief is that the game crashed when the train hit that turn. I am most likely wrong in that assumption but that is what I believe.
Thanks for reporting this, this is fixed and will be in the next release.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
gebik
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by gebik »

Hi,
JGR, I think I might have found some bug:
I have autoreplaced some trams. When I wanted to stop replacing of them because they were all replaced, I clicked that button, and nothing visible happened.
Steps to reproduce:
  1. Open attached savegame.
    naše hra 2.sav
    (305.66 KiB) Downloaded 53 times
    I was playing in multiplayer as non-dedicated server host. All custom content is on BaNaNaS.
  2. Join into company 1 "Dráhy n. p."
  3. Look into autoreplacing of RV group "ungrouped road vehicles",
  4. Try to stop replacing of "Type B (Vienna)" or the other swiss tram model, which is in same state.
  5. Observe.
I can confirm that this does not happen for buses in the same game, since I have succesfully finished their autoreplacing.
Thanks!

EDIT: Also your first post seems to not promote the newest version, but the one before it.

Formerly known as MLG.
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

try checking whether you set autoreplace for a group, or all vehicles
Taschi
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Taschi »

Eddi wrote: 05 Jun 2021 19:06 try checking whether you set autoreplace for a group, or all vehicles
Yeah, that's a trap I keep falling into and which could probably be communicated better in the autoreplace window.
gebik
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by gebik »

Eddi wrote: 05 Jun 2021 19:06 try checking whether you set autoreplace for a group, or all vehicles
Yeah, that is probably it! I will try it out tomorrow. And I agree that the game could throw a message in these cases.

Formerly known as MLG.
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

MLG wrote: 05 Jun 2021 18:38 Hi,
JGR, I think I might have found some bug:
I have autoreplaced some trams. When I wanted to stop replacing of them because they were all replaced, I clicked that button, and nothing visible happened.
Steps to reproduce:
  1. Open attached savegame. naše hra 2.sav I was playing in multiplayer as non-dedicated server host. All custom content is on BaNaNaS.
  2. Join into company 1 "Dráhy n. p."
  3. Look into autoreplacing of RV group "ungrouped road vehicles",
  4. Try to stop replacing of "Type B (Vienna)" or the other swiss tram model, which is in same state.
  5. Observe.
I can confirm that this does not happen for buses in the same game, since I have succesfully finished their autoreplacing.
Thanks!
The autoreplace is defined on the all vehicles group, not the ungrouped vehicles group, so needs to be stopped from there.
I agree that this could be improved, at the moment this is the same as upstream.
I'll take a look into this in due course.
MLG wrote: 05 Jun 2021 18:38 EDIT: Also your first post seems to not promote the newest version, but the one before it.
Thanks, this should be fixed now.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
gebik
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by gebik »

I have checked it, and yes, it was in all vehicles group.
It confused me, since I usually autoreplace from my own created group or from ungrouped vehicles.
So, not a bug. :)

Formerly known as MLG.
Master Trams
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Master Trams »

This is an feature I wish was in the game (one of many, actually), which involves the purchase of infrastructure in multiplayer games from other companies. Basically, what already happens in multiplayer is that if a company is about to go bankrupt, other companies will get a message asking if they want to purchase the bankrupt company for £1... Also, since track sharing is a thing, I reckon this could work. Basically, there's this button you press which works in a very similar fashion to the buy land button, except it "purchases" all the infrastructure within the highlighted area. In a multiplayer game, this would then prompt a message to appear on the relevant company's screen, asking whether they consent to this sale or not. Simple yes or no answer. If it's on a singleplayer game (such that you've imported a multiplayer map into singleplayer), then it won't bother asking the other company, it will just make the purchase immediately.
I love distracting myself from my day job by doing my day job thanks to OpenTTD JGR!
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

Master Trams wrote: 09 Jun 2021 19:24 This is an feature I wish was in the game (one of many, actually), which involves the purchase of infrastructure in multiplayer games from other companies.
Great idea. Purchasing someone shared station to rebuild it and selling back is much more convenient than explaining
"could you add 2 platforms to your station where I placed sign and make some room for additional depo and waypoint"
gebik
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by gebik »

Master Trams wrote: 09 Jun 2021 19:24
This is really good idea! If there was also implemented ability to buy a other players' company in multiplayer, if all players in it agree, then it would be a nice for those games, where are more companies, but they are cooperating or not tring to compete for every piece of industry.
Such a game, when there are multiple companies, which are separate and in certain year the richest buys others and players are cooperaing together after it, will be then possible.
Or another concept, where one player only buys infrastructure and maintains it, would be also an interesting game.

Formerly known as MLG.
gebik
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by gebik »

Hi, JGR,
the situation I will be describing is there for quite a long time, at least since 34.0 ish time.
Problem is, that the server host's setting for default CC seem to be broken in non-dedicated MP while in far zoomed map with company ownership until another player joins into game and creates a new company.
This shows to me in the way, that in far zoom map if there is only one company in MP the CC of ownership seems to be random, just as it will be with that setting turned off.
CC bug.png
CC bug.png (18.66 KiB) Viewed 1564 times
Can this be understood?
BTW, I have not changed this setting for a long time and this is new game, where I haven't even named my company nor changed my CC.

MLG

Formerly known as MLG.

Return to “OpenTTD Development”