JGR's Patch Pack

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: JGR's Patch Pack

Post by JGR »

tlpwka wrote:Got a weird error while building signals:
Hi, thanks for reporting this issue.

What are you dragging signals over? It is covered by the error dialog in the screenshot.
Is there a bridge or tunnel involved?
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
tlpwka
Engineer
Engineer

Post by tlpwka »

JGR wrote:
tlpwka wrote:Got a weird error while building signals:
Hi, thanks for reporting this issue.

What are you dragging signals over? It is covered by the error dialog in the screenshot.
Is there a bridge or tunnel involved?
Hello
Here below 2 cases:
Both pass trough a small tunel.

Link for save files (incl newgrf):
https://www.dropbox.com/s/w92c5swjpx9ch ... e.zip?dl=0
Attachments
sig1.png
(1022.23 KiB) Not downloaded yet
sig2.png
(1.81 MiB) Not downloaded yet
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

tlpwka wrote: Hello
Here below 2 cases:
Both pass trough a small tunel.

Link for save files (incl newgrf):
https://www.dropbox.com/s/w92c5swjpx9ch ... e.zip?dl=0
Thanks, this is fixed now and will be in the next release.

In the meantime the issue can be avoided by not dragging signals over both ends of the same bridge or tunnel.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
SkullKrixzz
Engineer
Engineer

Post by SkullKrixzz »

im not normal one who posts in forums and such, more so just quick reads if needed kinda thing, but is this pack still being "built upon" like if i suggest something could it possibly be added ? since reading through what is in this pack there are a few things i did not see that i myself like and think it could make the pack (in my opinion) even better. im using right now "yet another patch pack" and there are a few in that list i like quite A LOT.
1: road speed limits, and 2 random road construction. they are mostly for "realism i suppose. aswell there is 1 from "hardpack patch" that i find more useful than just pleasing to the eye and its "mossy tracks". thats about all i'd like to say. perhaps the creator could take a look?
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

SkullKrixzz wrote:1: road speed limits
This is something that has been asked for a few times, I'm planning to look into it at some point.
SkullKrixzz wrote:2 random road construction
This looks quite interesting, and seems an easy pick to merge, may give this one a try.
SkullKrixzz wrote:mossy tracks
I'm not really sold on this one TBH, graphically it looks a bit dodgy to me and has some odd corner cases, and it uses up map bits which could be more usefully allocated to other things.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

A small but nice addition would be the implementation of TTDPatch-style lock behaviour (i.e. stopping ships and then lifting/lowering them):

viewtopic.php?p=1060457&sid=e4758d7f882 ... 6#p1060457
viewtopic.php?p=1060942&sid=e4758d7f882 ... 6#p1060942 (GIF)

Peter Nelson already had a patch for this some time ago:

viewtopic.php?p=1061124&sid=e4758d7f882 ... 6#p1061124 (petern video)
http://fuzzle.org/~petern/ottd/locks3.diff (petern patch)

regards
Michael
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

michael blunck wrote:A small but nice addition would be the implementation of TTDPatch-style lock behaviour (i.e. stopping ships and then lifting/lowering them):

viewtopic.php?p=1060457&sid=e4758d7f882 ... 6#p1060457
viewtopic.php?p=1060942&sid=e4758d7f882 ... 6#p1060942 (GIF)

Peter Nelson already had a patch for this some time ago:

viewtopic.php?p=1061124&sid=e4758d7f882 ... 6#p1061124 (petern video)
http://fuzzle.org/~petern/ottd/locks3.diff (petern patch)

regards
Michael
I'll take a look, thanks for the suggestion.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

That would look hype with new lock graphics, ignore what Andy said LOL ;)
SimYouLater
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by SimYouLater »

SimYouLater wrote:Would you be able to add Traffic Lights in the near future? Sorry if this has been asked before.
Sorry if I'm being a pain, but you never even responded with a "no"? I'll try reading through the topic to see if this was already suggested, but you could at least acknowledge it.
Licenses for my work...
You automatically have my permission to re-license graphics or code by me if needed for use in any project that is not GPL v2, on the condition that if you release any derivatives of my graphics they're automatically considered as ALSO GPL v2 (code may remain unreleased, but please do provide it) and carry this provision in GPL v2 uses.
Please ask someone in-the-know to be sure that the graphics are done by me. Especially TTD-Scale, long story.
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

SimYouLater wrote:
SimYouLater wrote:Would you be able to add Traffic Lights in the near future? Sorry if this has been asked before.
Sorry if I'm being a pain, but you never even responded with a "no"? I'll try reading through the topic to see if this was already suggested, but you could at least acknowledge it.
I have a long list of things to keep track of here and elsewhere, occasionally things get overlooked.
I'm not overly enthused about traffic lights, but I'm not averse to adding them at some point if the implementation is not too troublesome.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
SimYouLater
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by SimYouLater »

JGR wrote:
SimYouLater wrote:
I have a long list of things to keep track of here and elsewhere, occasionally things get overlooked.
I'm not overly enthused about traffic lights, but I'm not averse to adding them at some point if the implementation is not too troublesome.
Alright then. Thanks for considering it.
Licenses for my work...
You automatically have my permission to re-license graphics or code by me if needed for use in any project that is not GPL v2, on the condition that if you release any derivatives of my graphics they're automatically considered as ALSO GPL v2 (code may remain unreleased, but please do provide it) and carry this provision in GPL v2 uses.
Please ask someone in-the-know to be sure that the graphics are done by me. Especially TTD-Scale, long story.
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

selli69 wrote:...
Your patch covers most of the wishes I have to the game, but it misses only ONE thing: Cargo Type Orders / Partial loading-unloading. There is an existing patch, but i am not able to integrate, my knowledge in programming and compiling isnt as good as needed for this task. The patch is viewtopic.php?f=33&t=62692
SkullKrixzz wrote:2 random road construction?
einsteinyh wrote:Please could you add these patches in a future release? :oops: (I know It can be hard, but it costs nothing to dream) :roll:
Tunnel End http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=72639
These are merged with some changes/issues fixed, and will be in the next release.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
SimYouLater
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by SimYouLater »

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=75226

Does the above seem worth implementing?
Licenses for my work...
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

SimYouLater wrote:viewtopic.php?f=33&t=75226

I'm not convinced TBH. The YAPF ship pathfinder performs very badly compared to the other YAPF pathfinders, and removing the range limit would make the problem worse.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
SimYouLater
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by SimYouLater »

JGR wrote:
SimYouLater wrote:viewtopic.php?f=33&t=75226

I'm not convinced TBH. The YAPF ship pathfinder performs very badly compared to the other YAPF pathfinders, and removing the range limit would make the problem worse.
Fair enough. I didn't realize that it wasn't properly solving the problem.

Maybe the Chunnel patch? Sorry if I'm being pushy, I just want to see if there's anything I could suggest to add which won't be more trouble than it's worth. :)
Licenses for my work...
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

SimYouLater wrote:Fair enough. I didn't realize that it wasn't properly solving the problem.

Maybe the Chunnel patch? Sorry if I'm being pushy, I just want to see if there's anything I could suggest to add which won't be more trouble than it's worth. :)
This has been asked for before. In the past when I've had a look there were bugs/issues which I wasn't keen on.
I may take another look at some point though.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Several Road vehicles stuck on same spot

Post by Pilot »

Hi Guys, I've got a little bit of an issue with my Game. I'm running it using JGRs Patch Pack, so I'm wondering if that's the problem, but I'm hoping you guys have a simple fix for it.

I have several road vehicles that are on the same spot in a tile, at the entrance to a bus station, with sometimes as many as 4 buses/cars sat in the same spot. These are all inside each other, and don't seem to be able to move. I've attempted to force them to turn around, I've tried forced them to go to the depot, but don't get any movement, so this a little strange to me. I've also attempted to remove the Bus stations, but the game sees them as occupied, as the vehicles that are waiting overlap. Hopefully the attached Screenshots will show what I mean.
Highways Agency, 28th Jun 2083.png
Highways Agency, 28th Jun 2083.png (37.32 KiB) Viewed 2483 times
Highways Agency, 28th Jun 2083#1.png
Highways Agency, 28th Jun 2083#1.png (32.02 KiB) Viewed 2483 times
Highways Agency, 28th Jun 2083#2.png
Highways Agency, 28th Jun 2083#2.png (22.17 KiB) Viewed 2483 times
These are the only 3 examples I've found so far, all from the same game.
SimYouLater
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by SimYouLater »

JGR wrote:
SimYouLater wrote:Fair enough. I didn't realize that it wasn't properly solving the problem.

This has been asked for before. In the past when I've had a look there were bugs/issues which I wasn't keen on.
I may take another look at some point though.
Alright, well I'm out of suggestions. Thanks for considering them, and keep chugging away!
Licenses for my work...
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Nice work. Finally got around to installing it and having a good play with it.

A do find a few things trigger slow downs though. If you have a train that has a lot of destinations, opening its window will slow down. If you have a train that has endless repeats / implicit orders due to a routing error, it can make fixing them quite a horrendous task due to the FPS drop when you open up the train vehicle window.
Not sure you can do anything about this, unless you can make a train exempt from displaying the info that seems to drain the cycles if the train has > X orders? It's whenever the game loads the station info.
The attached screenshot hopefully makes it clear what I mean. This is one of those times where it has managed to amass a load of implicits due to an error in routing (I assume). at time this was taken, FPS was roughly 2-3 per second (ouch)
Attachments
TTRANS, 5453-01-08.png
(407.06 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

Redirect Left wrote:Nice work. Finally got around to installing it and having a good play with it.

A do find a few things trigger slow downs though. If you have a train that has a lot of destinations, opening its window will slow down. If you have a train that has endless repeats / implicit orders due to a routing error, it can make fixing them quite a horrendous task due to the FPS drop when you open up the train vehicle window.
Not sure you can do anything about this, unless you can make a train exempt from displaying the info that seems to drain the cycles if the train has > X orders? It's whenever the game loads the station info.
The attached screenshot hopefully makes it clear what I mean. This is one of those times where it has managed to amass a load of implicits due to an error in routing (I assume). at time this was taken, FPS was roughly 2-3 per second (ouch)
I never use implicit orders so hadn't encountered this issue. Probably the simplest solution would be to just not display route markers/lines for implicit orders.

More generally if using implicit orders results in excessively long order lists like that it suggests that something is wrong with the mechanism for implicit orders. I'm not sure what to do about that though.

In the meantime, if you can send/upload a savegame which has the train in question I'll see if something can be done about the performance issue.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github

Return to “OpenTTD Development”