JGR's Patch Pack

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: JGR's Patch Pack

Post by JGR »

eshield wrote:Sadly, 0.24.x is unstable and renders further game play impossible. 0.23 does not have such issue.

Crash report:
I'll look into it shortly. A savegame or crash save would also be useful.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
eshield
Engineer
Engineer

Post by eshield »

JGR wrote:I'll look into it shortly. A savegame or crash save would also be useful.
Sure. Context: Train named ATT-001 (Number 117 of Ako (AKO) > Passengers (ATT) group).

There are some troubles cases with it:
Case #1: Do nothing. Just wait until train reaches Ako Woods train station on 13th Oct at 12:16 (1st issue).
Case #2: Send train to depot (will be heading to Hirataka Train Depot) and wait till train arrives (2nd issue).

I think this somehow relates to Template Replacement. One was active while I were changing it.

Yet another unrelated (3rd) issue: Long vehicles are not drawn in Template Editor.
Attachments
U-TIC Organization, Oct 7th, 2121.sav
(1.36 MiB) Downloaded 34 times
eGRVTS2.grf
evgtrs2 r202
(8.11 MiB) Downloaded 32 times
Ask, and it shall be given you.
Seek, and ye shall find.
Knock, and it shall open unto you.
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

eshield wrote:
JGR wrote:I'll look into it shortly. A savegame or crash save would also be useful.
Sure. Context: Train named ATT-001 (Number 117 of Ako (AKO) > Passengers (ATT) group).

There are some troubles cases with it:
Case #1: Do nothing. Just wait until train reaches Ako Woods train station on 13th Oct at 12:16 (1st issue).
Case #2: Send train to depot (will be heading to Hirataka Train Depot) and wait till train arrives (2nd issue).

I think this somehow relates to Template Replacement. One was active while I were changing it.

Yet another unrelated (3rd) issue: Long vehicles are not drawn in Template Editor.
Thanks.

Unfortunately it looks like the bug occurred before you saved that savegame, as the inconsistency is already present in the file.
This makes tracking it down a bit more difficult.

The 3rd issue is fixed, I will push that shortly.
The template replacement GUI looks pretty bad in general when using the Big GUI GRF (as from your GRF list). I look into that as well.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
nurabsal
Engineer
Engineer

Post by nurabsal »

Hey JGR, some time ago i asked about possibility to implement snow in temperate patch into patchpack, but i dont see it in the changelong. Have you looked onto it yet? Is it even possible to implement it to you patchpack? Thanks
Gwyd
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Gwyd »

This functionality it's better achieved through OpenGFX+ landscape. But I'm not 100% sure if it allows that.
Snail
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Snail »

Hi there,

I seem to remember that, in TTDPatch, we had canal locks: wherever a canal had a slope, you could actually see ships stop, gradually get raised/lowered to the new level, and then continue their voyage.
I think Peter did a patch for that, whose effects are visible in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=32&t=63856 (it's close to the end of the first page).

Looks like a neat feature. Any chance it could be included in this patchpack?
The French Narrow Gauge Train Set is now released! Get it here
Dou
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Dou »

Ok now i tried it three times to get help for compiling on mac to play this patchpack too. Thank you for nothing. Bye. This community sucks.
andythenorth
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by andythenorth »

Dou wrote:Ok now i tried it three times to get help for compiling on mac to play this patchpack too. Thank you for nothing. Bye. This community sucks.
Wow. What sucks is your entitled attitude. I and other people maintain the Mac OS X compilation instructions for no pay, no reward. Did you try them?
https://wiki.openttd.org/Compiling_on_Mac_OS_X
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Dou wrote:Ok now i tried it three times to get help for compiling on mac to play this patchpack too. Thank you for nothing. Bye. This community sucks.
This is not true. You have made a total of five posts here. Two of them, in December and in March, you asked if there was a MacOS binary.

You asked once, back in December, for help with learning how to compile it yourself. Andythenorth pointed you to the github source code to download. You said that it gave you a bunch of errors and you were giving up. You didn't post what those errors were or ask for any further help.

If you want to rage quit the community, that's fine, but it's because of your lack of actions and attitude. So, thanks for contributing nothing. We won't miss you!
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

You didn't really try to get help. You simply tried to compile a Mac version and said "ok too much errors i give up" without even trying to get help from andy for example (who compiled the Mac OSX binaries).
Snail
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Snail »

Huh? I had the same exact issue, and JGR was very helpful to me... I even managed to make it work :roll:
The French Narrow Gauge Train Set is now released! Get it here
eshield
Engineer
Engineer

Post by eshield »

JGR
Thanks for your efforts!

By the way, forgot to mention, save I've provided you with contains yet another issue: "Autorenew old vehicles" doesn't work in some cases. There are a lot of road vehicles which aren't not renewed. "Replace vehicles" doesn't work for such road vehicles to.
Seek, and ye shall find.
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

eshield wrote:JGR
Thanks for your efforts!

By the way, forgot to mention, save I've provided you with contains yet another issue: "Autorenew old vehicles" doesn't work in some cases. There are a lot of road vehicles which aren't not renewed. "Replace vehicles" doesn't work for such road vehicles to.
Autorenew fails with a message in the news log: "vehicle can't go to all stations".
You can't replace a non-articulated vehicle with an articulated one if it is ordered to go to a drive-in road stop.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
eshield
Engineer
Engineer

Post by eshield »

JGR wrote:Autorenew fails with a message in the news log: "vehicle can't go to all stations".
I'm not sure I understand that. How stations relates to autorenew? It would be much appreciated if you translate this message into simple human language for me.
JGR wrote:You can't replace a non-articulated vehicle with an articulated one if it is ordered to go to a drive-in road stop.
Hmm, okay, example:
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (182.97 KiB) Viewed 523 times
I want to replace Locus Galahad Articulated with Box Trailer with Eldin Verso Special Articulated with Box Trailer. Both are articulated. No drive-in stations. I don't use them at all. Only drive-thru. Why fails? GRF issue?

Are there any workarounds for issues above?

p.s: Please, forgive me with my stupid questions.
Seek, and ye shall find.
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

eshield wrote:No drive-in stations. I don't use them at all.
What about Kimitsu Coal Mine (in)?
eshield wrote:I want to replace Locus Galahad Articulated with Box Trailer with Eldin Verso Special Articulated with Box Trailer. Both are articulated. No drive-in stations. I don't use them at all. Only drive-thru. Why fails? GRF issue?
Autorenew fails because the cargoes of the head and tail parts of the existing vehicles don't match.
Newly built vehicles autoreplace just fine.
I notice that you changed which version of eGRVTS that you're using part way through.

I'm not going to try and dig into the NewGRF, but you can raise it with the GRF author if you want.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
eshield
Engineer
Engineer

Post by eshield »

JGR wrote:What about Kimitsu Coal Mine (in)?
Oh, right, maybe there are few drive-in station. Totally forgot about few drive-ins :oops:
JGR wrote:Autorenew fails because the cargoes of the head and tail parts of the existing vehicles don't match.
Newly built vehicles autoreplace just fine.

I notice that you changed which version of eGRVTS that you're using part way through.
I'm not going to try and dig into the NewGRF, but you can raise it with the GRF author if you want.
Like I thought it' in eGRVTS issue. Like in xUSSR with EMUs. Thanks for answers!
Seek, and ye shall find.
eshield
Engineer
Engineer

Post by eshield »

andythenorth wrote:Autorenew fails if articulated vehicles have non-matching cargos in their articulated parts.

This is a known limitation, not likely to be fixed in core ottd. ;)
Yeah, seems like so :)
Seek, and ye shall find.
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

andythenorth wrote:Autorenew fails if articulated vehicles have non-matching cargos in their articulated parts.

This is a known limitation, not likely to be fixed in core ottd. ;)
He can actually replace the Locus Galahad with the Eldin Verso Special, they can carry the same cargoes. Or it's about another RV ?
ringostorm
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ringostorm »

How do you install this? I have windows 7 and when I download and extract the files its just the base game with no sound. I cant find a installation guide anywhere.

Return to “OpenTTD Development”