JGR's Patch Pack

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Taschi
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Re: JGR's Patch Pack

Post by Taschi »

I think Gravelpit wants to know how to allow fast trains to oveetake slower trains at stations with sidings.
mak
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by mak »

Hi
First things first, JGR :bow:
I have downloaded JGRPP43 and the GRF Multi Aspect Signals but at the moment, all I am seeing is red and green, no yellow
I attach two save games Experiments to see if I could make it work, just the PP and the signal GRF
No luck.

Now I realise it may be me, as thick as two short planks and I am willing to be told I'm an idiot
experimental signal.sav
(597.02 KiB) Downloaded 64 times
experimental signal 2.sav
(563.09 KiB) Downloaded 58 times
Any help will be gratefully received
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

mak wrote: 12 Sep 2021 14:29 Hi
First things first, JGR :bow:
I have downloaded JGRPP43 and the GRF Multi Aspect Signals but at the moment, all I am seeing is red and green, no yellow
I attach two save games Experiments to see if I could make it work, just the PP and the signal GRF
No luck.

Now I realise it may be me, as thick as two short planks and I am willing to be told I'm an idiot
experimental signal.sav
experimental signal 2.sav

Any help will be gratefully received
Your savegames look fine here, can you post a screenshot of what is not working?
Screenshot_2021-09-12_15-37-00.png
Screenshot_2021-09-12_15-37-00.png (93.31 KiB) Viewed 864 times
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
mak
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by mak »

That was quick Thank you
Would you beleive it just downloaded saved game and the yellows are working but cannot see any green :oops:
Ludhall Transport, 1952-03-07.png
(5.05 MiB) Not downloaded yet
EDIT: Just reloadeed again now seeing green as well, sorry to waste your time.
Last edited by mak on 12 Sep 2021 14:57, edited 1 time in total.
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

mak wrote: 12 Sep 2021 14:47 That was quick Thank you
Would you beleive it just downloaded saved game and the yellows are working but cannot see any green :oops:
Ludhall Transport, 1952-03-07.png
You can see them in your second test save.
If you try with faster trains which reserve further ahead, or with block signals, you'll also see them.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
mak
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by mak »

please see my edit after I downloaded the second save :oops: :oops: :oops:
mak
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by mak »

Sorry to come back but it seems at the start of a new game the signals do not work (no yellow) but saving the game and re-opening they work.
Have tried with the GRF at the begining of the list of GRF and at the end. Have many other GRF loaded, removed Timberwolfs Track GRF to get them to work as they will not work with it, to be expected.
Getting long reserve two/three signals ahead are green on start of new game
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

mak wrote: 12 Sep 2021 16:14 Sorry to come back but it seems at the start of a new game the signals do not work (no yellow) but saving the game and re-opening they work.
Have tried with the GRF at the begining of the list of GRF and at the end. Have many other GRF loaded, removed Timberwolfs Track GRF to get them to work as they will not work with it, to be expected.
Getting long reserve two/three signals ahead are green on start of new game
Not sure how that bug managed to slip through :(.
I've pushed a fix which will be in the next release.
You can also turn realistic braking off and on again, or reload NewGRFs, to activate it.
Thanks for investigating.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
gebik
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by gebik »

JGR wrote: 12 Sep 2021 14:37 Your savegames look fine here, can you post a screenshot of what is not working?
How do you get the yellow on signals? :shock:

I also noticed, that the "Where I cannot build" highlights also own signs, even when they are meant for future building.
Also, thanks for ability to force allow throught signal and stop other company trains on your tracks, but if it was also possible to reverse those trains and send them to depots, it would be even better. Most of problem situations with sharing trains were gridlocks, which needed reversing and sending to depots... :)
Thans for all your work on the JGRpp. :bow:
Are you an eye candy player? Check out Invisible engine set! viewtopic.php?f=67&t=88934
You can write to me in English, or Czech. Můžete mi psát česky nebo anglicky.

Formerly known as MLG.
mak
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by mak »

How do you get the yellow on signals? :shock:
Download NewGRF in game: Multi aspect signals will only work with JGRPP 43 check previous posts about slight problem
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

JGR wrote: 02 Sep 2021 00:03
Redirect Left wrote: 19 Aug 2021 04:04 May I request a feature, s'il vous plaît?

Would it be possible to add to the list of stations, to order list of stations by '# of trains calling at' or similar?

In case there are any doubts, I am referring to this box;

I generally play my games for years at a time (like real life years, my current dates back from Jun, 2019) as time goes by, I alter trains, delete routes, change routes etc. Sometimes this causes stations to lose a lot of trains over a large amount of time, but sometimes it is a semi-rural station so sorting by waiting cargo isn't that accurate of a measure at a quick glance to find those sorts of stations, same for rating quite often.
This is implemented now, it'll be in the next release.
Thank you so much for taking a suggestion seriously, I've checked and it appears to work well. Great work as always!
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
gebik
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by gebik »

mak wrote: 12 Sep 2021 19:13 Download NewGRF in game: Multi aspect signals will only work with JGRPP 43 check previous posts about slight problem
I have now 0.42.2, and would not upgrade it until end of my current game, so it does not break. The signals will have to wait. Thx for info, did not notice new version.
Are you an eye candy player? Check out Invisible engine set! viewtopic.php?f=67&t=88934
You can write to me in English, or Czech. Můžete mi psát česky nebo anglicky.

Formerly known as MLG.
SparkyMarkyR33
Engineer
Engineer

Post by SparkyMarkyR33 »

Hi JGR

I just love the work you're doing with this! I love the new Multi Aspect Signals too.
Is there an issue with the 'Show restricted electric signals using default graphics' option? as my signals stay blue with the option off.
Signals.jpg
(967.69 KiB) Not downloaded yet
I'm using the Signals newGRF, so it may just be the norm now.
Once again great work you're doing
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

SparkyMarkyR33 wrote: 13 Sep 2021 20:18 Hi JGR

I just love the work you're doing with this! I love the new Multi Aspect Signals too.
Is there an issue with the 'Show restricted electric signals using default graphics' option? as my signals stay blue with the option off.
Signals.jpg
I'm using the Signals newGRF, so it may just be the norm now.
Once again great work you're doing
The multi-aspect signals GRF also provides graphics for restricted signals.
The setting is really about what to do with normal signal GRFs which don't have graphics for restricted signals, sorry, probably the setting could be worded more clearly.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
SparkyMarkyR33
Engineer
Engineer

Post by SparkyMarkyR33 »

I understand how this is useful, however would it be possible to have an option added in the NewGRF to disable that feature? Since there is an option in the zoning toggles to highlight restricted signals clearly and just because I like to see the normal white post signals when following trains or passing time. :D

Don't worry if that would be too much to ask for, as I know you've been trying to implement requests lately. :bow:
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

Is there any howto make multi-aspects signals in nml?
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

McZapkie wrote: 22 Sep 2021 10:27 Is there any howto make multi-aspects signals in nml?
It's towards the end of the page here.
SparkyMarkyR33 wrote: 13 Sep 2021 21:27 I understand how this is useful, however would it be possible to have an option added in the NewGRF to disable that feature? Since there is an option in the zoning toggles to highlight restricted signals clearly and just because I like to see the normal white post signals when following trains or passing time. :D

Don't worry if that would be too much to ask for, as I know you've been trying to implement requests lately. :bow:
I'll take a look at this when I get a chance, shouldn't be too hard to add.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

So it is possible to use extended_feature_test to check if multiaspect signals are available, and fallback to standard 0/1 if not, to allow newgrf to work with vanilla openttd?
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

McZapkie wrote: 22 Sep 2021 12:31 So it is possible to use extended_feature_test to check if multiaspect signals are available, and fallback to standard 0/1 if not, to allow newgrf to work with vanilla openttd?
Yes, essentially.

More specifically, the thing that you need to check for is the global custom signal sprites using switches feature, not multi-aspect signals per se. See the example towards the end of the document.
The multi-aspect signals feature is by nature passively backwards compatible to standard 2 aspect signals.
You don't need to use extended_feature_test at all if you're doing multi aspect signals with per-railtypes signals (FEAT_RAILTYPES) for instance.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

JGR wrote: 22 Sep 2021 12:51 You don't need to use extended_feature_test at all if you're doing multi aspect signals with per-railtypes signals (FEAT_RAILTYPES) for instance.
Yes, exactly what I want to do. I worried that such newgrf will be limited for JGRPP only.

BTW, how to enable these multiaspect signals? I tried with realistic brake on, and with speed adaptation on/off, traditional/new settings checked, but always green/red only displayed.

Return to “OpenTTD Development”