JGR's Patch Pack

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: JGR's Patch Pack

Post by JGR »

McZapkie wrote:I found source of the problem: it is working exactly as you have described in singleplayer mode, but when I'm connected to my server, pull down list is not being refreshed, as I had described above.
Thanks for investigating this, I'll look into fixing it.
McZapkie wrote:Another bug: I cannot define template with electric locomotives. Then I press OK, it is vanishing.
If I would edit existing steam/diesel template and put electric locomotive, it is also vanishing.
You might have to change the rail/vehicle type you're looking at using the drop/down in the middle, at the bottom of the window.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

McZapkie wrote:I found source of the problem: it is working exactly as you have described in singleplayer mode, but when I'm connected to my server, pull down list is not being refreshed, as I had described above.
This and some related issues with the GUI for per-cargo load/unload types should be fixed now, and will be in the next release.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
3iff
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by 3iff »

Thanks for the no-stop fix. I'll test it later today.

---

JGR 0.16.0

Sorry about this, another bug found.

A multiplayer game was required (but it'll load as a 'normal' game). If two different companies build stations back to back that join rails then it's possible that the two touching platforms will contain trains. If the trains are the exact size for the platforms then they will touch and BOOM!

See enclosed savegame, unpause it and just watch.

This does NOT happen with trunk 27505 (the latest version I have to hand).

I found this by accident when 2 AI companies had train crashes for no obvious reason (it should be impossible)!

3iff
Attachments
Crash Testing, 2nd Jan 1960.sav
(24.3 KiB) Downloaded 80 times
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

JGR wrote:
McZapkie wrote:Then I press OK, it is vanishing.
If I would edit existing steam/diesel template and put electric locomotive, it is also vanishing.
You might have to change the rail/vehicle type you're looking at using the drop/down in the middle, at the bottom of the window.
Ach, here they all are, thank you.
BTW, I found that price calculating for EMU's is wrong (few times biger than real), fortunately it is only graphical glitch, real payment is as usual.
Formerly known as: McZapkie
Projects: Reproducible Map Generation patch, NewGRFs: Manpower industries, PolTrams, Polroad, 600mm narrow gauge, wired, ECS industry extension, V4 CEE train set, HotHut.
Another favorite games: freeciv longturn, OHOL/2HOL.
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

3iff wrote:Thanks for the no-stop fix. I'll test it later today.

---

JGR 0.16.0

Sorry about this, another bug found.

A multiplayer game was required (but it'll load as a 'normal' game). If two different companies build stations back to back that join rails then it's possible that the two touching platforms will contain trains. If the trains are the exact size for the platforms then they will touch and BOOM!

See enclosed savegame, unpause it and just watch.

This does NOT happen with trunk 27505 (the latest version I have to hand).

I found this by accident when 2 AI companies had train crashes for no obvious reason (it should be impossible)!

3iff
Thanks for raising this, I've added a fix which will be in the next release.

It is possible to get trains which can't travel on each others tracks to crash in similar circumstances in trunk, if they're owned by the same company (e.g. rail and maglev), however in trunk this is handled as a single signal block so that this problem doesn't arise unless you use the ignore signal button.
McZapkie wrote:BTW, I found that price calculating for EMU's is wrong (few times biger than real), fortunately it is only graphical glitch, real payment is as usual.
This is also fixed now.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
vazoun51
Engineer
Engineer

Post by vazoun51 »

When replacing old vehicle with a new one, year profit and lifetime profit of the new vehicle is not 0 but that of the old one (lifetime profit equals year profit). That does not make much sense to me. Especially when replacing takes place at the end of the year you can see just few days old vehicle with profit in millions. Moreover there are some bad calculations related to profit of new vehicles replacing an overaged ones. Ship in the savegame is new vehicle replacing more than one hundred years old one...
Attachments
Armstrong & Co., 06-03-2378.sav
(7.98 MiB) Downloaded 80 times
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

Tsylatac wrote:Discovered a bug with auto-separation and/or auto-timetabling. If these have already created a timetable for a vehicle, then you turn them off, it will immediately show the timetable cleared but the vehicle will continue waiting (have to manually skip to the next order).

Happens to me basically every time I set up a new freight line, as I have these settings on by default for this game and forget to turn them off, then wonder why my ships are still sitting there trying to load past 100% :lol:
I've made some changes which should sort this out which will be in the next release.
vazoun51 wrote:When replacing old vehicle with a new one, year profit and lifetime profit of the new vehicle is not 0 but that of the old one (lifetime profit equals year profit). That does not make much sense to me. Especially when replacing takes place at the end of the year you can see just few days old vehicle with profit in millions. Moreover there are some bad calculations related to profit of new vehicles replacing an overaged ones. Ship in the savegame is new vehicle replacing more than one hundred years old one...
I'll take a look at this soon, thanks for the bug report.

Edit: re-arranged quotes.
Last edited by JGR on 28 Jan 2017 09:04, edited 1 time in total.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
Lollipop
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Lollipop »

Tsylatac wrote:Discovered a bug with auto-separation and/or auto-timetabling. If these have already created a timetable for a vehicle, then you turn them off, it will immediately show the timetable cleared but the vehicle will continue waiting (have to manually skip to the next order).

Happens to me basically every time I set up a new freight line, as I have these settings on by default for this game and forget to turn them off, then wonder why my ships are still sitting there trying to load past 100% :lol:
I think, this is either related to or the same issue: once you turn off auto-separation, there's no way to disable the early/late counters except going through *each* vehicle and hit the 'reset late counter' button. Ctrl + 'Clear time' alone wont work. I also think, this is a vanilla thing, there's no way to reset those counters except hitting said button.

The result is your coal trains blocking platforms cause they think they're 168 days too early....

How difficult is a Ctrl + 'Reset late counter'? Resets early/late counters for all shared vehicles...
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

Lollipop wrote:I think, this is either related to or the same issue: once you turn off auto-separation, there's no way to disable the early/late counters except going through *each* vehicle and hit the 'reset late counter' button. Ctrl + 'Clear time' alone wont work. I also think, this is a vanilla thing, there's no way to reset those counters except hitting said button.

The result is your coal trains blocking platforms cause they think they're 168 days too early....

How difficult is a Ctrl + 'Reset late counter'? Resets early/late counters for all shared vehicles...
This should be already fixed and not need any further work.
The quotes in the previous comment were in the wrong order.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
LocArny
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by LocArny »

Hi,

Thanks for the great patch pack, can't imagine playing without a pack like this.

Two small questions / requests:

1/ I switched over from the Spring Patchpack recently, this pack allows very long vehicle names. I regularly change my vehicle names from "Road Vehicle 4" to the name of the origin or destination but currently this often does not fit in the text box. Is it possible to increase the number of characters allowed in the text boxes?

2/ There used to be a feature in FIRS allowing Always 100% or Improved station ratings. This allowed me to effectively service remote areas on the map, even with reduced passenger demand (daylength / decrease of town pax generation turned on). Currently I can't seem to be able to find such a feature, could anyone point me to this or could you include this in the options menu, if possible?

Thanks a lot :)
Lollipop
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Lollipop »

LocArny wrote: 2/ There used to be a feature in FIRS allowing Always 100% or Improved station ratings. This allowed me to effectively service remote areas on the map, even with reduced passenger demand (daylength / decrease of town pax generation turned on). Currently I can't seem to be able to find such a feature, could anyone point me to this or could you include this in the options menu, if possible?
http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=74856 might be what you're looking for
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

vazoun51 wrote:When replacing old vehicle with a new one, year profit and lifetime profit of the new vehicle is not 0 but that of the old one (lifetime profit equals year profit). That does not make much sense to me. Especially when replacing takes place at the end of the year you can see just few days old vehicle with profit in millions. Moreover there are some bad calculations related to profit of new vehicles replacing an overaged ones. Ship in the savegame is new vehicle replacing more than one hundred years old one...
The trunk behaviour is for current year profit and last year profit to be carried over when renewing a vehicle. I don't see a need to change that.
I agree that the renewal value for lifetime profit is suboptimal though. For consistency lifetime profit should be either carried over, or it should be reset to 0.
The latter of the two seems more useful, so I'll see about adjusting it that way.
Edit: That's done now, it'll be in the next release.
LocArny wrote:1/ I switched over from the Spring Patchpack recently, this pack allows very long vehicle names. I regularly change my vehicle names from "Road Vehicle 4" to the name of the origin or destination but currently this often does not fit in the text box. Is it possible to increase the number of characters allowed in the text boxes?
I've increased the limit. This'll be in the next release.
LocArny wrote:2/ There used to be a feature in FIRS allowing Always 100% or Improved station ratings. This allowed me to effectively service remote areas on the map, even with reduced passenger demand (daylength / decrease of town pax generation turned on). Currently I can't seem to be able to find such a feature, could anyone point me to this or could you include this in the options menu, if possible?
This has been asked a few times and I am not especially keen on it. Such a feature if it were added ought to go in the cheats menu really.

Edit:
McZapkie wrote:1. signals on bridges/tunnels doesn't count into infrastructure maintenance costs.
This is implemented now, and will be in the next release.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Alberth »

JGR wrote:
LocArny wrote:2/ There used to be a feature in FIRS allowing Always 100% or Improved station ratings. This allowed me to effectively service remote areas on the map, even with reduced passenger demand (daylength / decrease of town pax generation turned on). Currently I can't seem to be able to find such a feature, could anyone point me to this or could you include this in the options menu, if possible?
This has been asked a few times and I am not especially keen on it. Such a feature if it were added ought to go in the cheats menu really.
As far as I know, there exist NewGRFs for station rating fixing (for some value of fix).
Being a retired OpenTTD developer does not mean I know what I am doing.
LocArny
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by LocArny »

Lollipop wrote:
LocArny wrote: 2/ There used to be a feature in FIRS allowing Always 100% or Improved station ratings. This allowed me to effectively service remote areas on the map, even with reduced passenger demand (daylength / decrease of town pax generation turned on). Currently I can't seem to be able to find such a feature, could anyone point me to this or could you include this in the options menu, if possible?
http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=74856 might be what you're looking for
Thanks, this is indeed what I'm looking for - only it seems this caters for everything apart from passengers while I'd love to have a setting like this only for passengers.
JGR wrote:
LocArny wrote:1/ I switched over from the Spring Patchpack recently, this pack allows very long vehicle names. I regularly change my vehicle names from "Road Vehicle 4" to the name of the origin or destination but currently this often does not fit in the text box. Is it possible to increase the number of characters allowed in the text boxes?
I've increased the limit. This'll be in the next release.
1/ Thank you for the quick service!

2/ Understood, thank you for the answer.
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

There is a small flaw related with template replacement patch.
It always require to have full amount of money to replace, even if 'use vehicles in depot option is activated and all needed vehicles are waiting in depot.
Is it possible to change this behavior and check only real amount of money needed for replace in given depot?
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

McZapkie wrote:There is a small flaw related with template replacement patch.
It always require to have full amount of money to replace, even if 'use vehicles in depot option is activated and all needed vehicles are waiting in depot.
Is it possible to change this behavior and check only real amount of money needed for replace in given depot?
This is largely due to limitations of the implementation.
There isn't currently a way to dry-run a template replacement operation, or to undo a partially complete operation if it turns out that there wasn't enough money or there was some other issue.
For that reason the the choice of whether to start a replacement operation is somewhat more conservative that it could otherwise be.
This is something that I may look at the feasibility of adjusting at some time in the future though.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
Lollipop
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Lollipop »

McZapkie wrote:There is a small flaw related with template replacement patch.
There's a workaround, useful in the early game. Set 'Auto Renew' to off and 'Auto Renew minimum money needed' to 0. It works for vehicles in the depot, of course you still need the money to buy new stuff.
vazoun51
Engineer
Engineer

Post by vazoun51 »

I found another bug.
Game crashes in the attempt to order ships by lenght. (crash.log in crash.zip)
Attachments
crash.dmp
(4.78 MiB) Downloaded 62 times
crash.png
(99.03 KiB) Not downloaded yet
crash.zip
(6.31 KiB) Downloaded 68 times
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

vazoun51 wrote:I found another bug.
Game crashes in the attempt to order ships by lenght. (crash.log in crash.zip)
Thanks for the bug report. This is now fixed and will be in the next release.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

Peter,

since your great patch had meanwhile developed into a common replacement for trunk, are you thinking about to not only add existing patches but also about adding some of those often requested features which had/will never made/make it into trunk?

I´m not talking about "large" features like "real" push-pull operation for trains or multiple cargo for ships, but about "smaller" ones like

- allow to built stations on different adjoining levels (see pic)
- disallow to built stations for certain track types (via CB13/var42, resp CB var10 or 18)
stations_flat-land-required.png
stations_flat-land-required.png (39.4 KiB) Viewed 2631 times
Both features won´t need any changes in nfo/grf specs/docs.

regards
Michael

Return to “OpenTTD Development”