JGR's Patch Pack

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

RoninMastaFX
Engineer
Engineer

Re: JGR's Patch Pack

Post by RoninMastaFX »

JGR wrote:There have been a few bugs fixed since then which could plausibly cause memory writes to the wrong location (including to some random point in the map array, at some very low probability).
As the bad tiles are (almost) numerically sequential and the contents of the tiles makes no sense at all, this is my current hypothesis on the cause.
Yeah I'm thinking the same thing myself, I recall 0.22.2 was a tad glitchy, but I didn't think it was severe, mild at best, well now I question that. :lol:
JGR wrote:Your savegame crashes on load, so the tile blanking would either need to happen moderately early on in the load code, or the crashes need to be mitigated enough that the game loads.
Either way you would need to make suitable edits to the code, compile, load, save, and then remove any temporary changes to the code.
In the case of this savegame, I added some checks to a few places in the viewport code so that I could look at/around the bad tiles, and then added the tile blanking to an unrelated action that was convenient to trigger manually.
Fascinating & very intriguing!

And much thanks for the fixing! I'll continue my work on it, and who knows, an MP server for the scenario is in the works (using your patchpack), so if y'all want to see the final version and found a company in it, just look for the "Kaylorne Island - Voxren Province" server in the future! This scenario is designed for MP usage, and as y'all can tell I made (in several cities) company lots vacant for MP usage, so when someone joins the server and wants to found a company, they have certain cities have allocated measures, but cities that I haven't even touched, I can't hog the whole map :lol:

Take care for now, and again thanks JGR for the fix! You're awesome (as is your patchpack - can't live without it (vanilla doesn't cut it for me any longer LOL!)) And now, back to work on the scenario.. :mrgreen: :bow:

P.S. The English/German hybrid "reason" or the scenario is a special topic for me; it's dedicated to my late friend who was born in Germany, who died 10 years ago (at age 19, shortly before his 20th...actually in about 50 hours it would've been his 30th birthday (July 19, 1988)), he taught me a lot about German (and European) culture, so having an English/German hybrid with a touch of French here and there (I am a French-Canadian after all!), is a fascinating tribute to him, and I knew he'd love it too, he was also a TT fan (we met in Grade 1 but we were friends right until the end).
RoninMastaFX
Engineer
Engineer

Post by RoninMastaFX »

Hi JGR! :)

I have another request of you, albeit not game-breaking as the last one was! :lol: So, I was wondering quite simply, as my scenario is 99.5% complete (not fixing up the old AI roads completely before release on the server), I have many roads done whilst in-game, and I just realized last night that I cold rename the save file with a .scn extension and load it in the Scenario Editor...awesome, good! So I did my fixes in there that saved my hide on and for a lot of things and I was able to de-n00bify the trees and reset the grass terrain with more rough spots more randomized (and in the process unintentionally created 2 meadows, but I'm not going there LOL!) But anyhow, while in the Scenario Editor, I noticed that indeed I could reset all company owned items, and that would indeed reset both canal & road ownership back to public (and remove company ownership of the roads and canals that I had built in-game), but that would rid of all my company stuff, perhaps even the companies itself (wasn't too sure)...not what I wanted tbh, all I want is road and canal ownership of all roads, canals and their bridges reset to public w/o any company ownership...everything else left intact regarding company ownership (from what I gather, after that the cities and towns would assume control over the roads within their vicinity, but I didn't dig too deep into the details whilst researching the topic of ownership). If you could do that, I would humbly much appreciate it! And once that is done, I can finish off several other things and the scenario server will launch on around August 1st!
VoxrenMP-RC2pre.sav
Scenario
(6.69 MiB) Downloaded 99 times
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

MagicBuzz wrote:Hello,

Thank you very much for this fantastic and complete patch pack.

As I played for a long time with the "standard" version of OTTD, I like the ability to tell in the timetable how much time the vehicle should stay in station.

This allow to keep waiting a few days in stations with low rating and low cargo supply, in order to get back a better rating and more cargo.

But the standard timetable (and separation) are unusable as soon as you renew some vehicles with newer (adn faster) : you must adjust each step manually and it's very hard to get it working again (especially in the earky ages when new vehicles appears every few years).

Then I was so happy to get back the automated timetable and separation patch from your pack.
But there is just a small bad thing : with automated timetable I can't specify how much time the vehicles should stay in station.

Even if deactivate the automated timetable to fix it, as soon as I enable it again, all the times are lost.

Like in the standard feature "CTRL + Autofill" I would love to see the automated timetable featrue keeping the times in stations.

Do you think it's possible ?
ino wrote:Was wanting this too. In my usage, it would be middle ground between full auto-sep and fully timetable+scheduled dispatch. Like make passenger train stays in terminal a little bit longer (more realistic - esp. if you have two-track terminus over a subway-like service). Even with scheduled dispatch -- allow you to set waiting time for the returning service while still have automated timetable, etc.

Personally, it's just a 'nice to have' feature for me.
I've added an implementation of this to the wip-timetable-wait-lock branch on github.
It seems to work correctly, though I am have reservations about UI issues. The timetable window is already quite complicated with the number of buttons/modes/etc.
I'd be interested to see what you make of it.
RoninMastaFX wrote:Hi JGR! :)

I have another request of you, albeit not game-breaking as the last one was! :lol: So, I was wondering quite simply, as my scenario is 99.5% complete (not fixing up the old AI roads completely before release on the server), I have many roads done whilst in-game, and I just realized last night that I cold rename the save file with a .scn extension and load it in the Scenario Editor...awesome, good! So I did my fixes in there that saved my hide on and for a lot of things and I was able to de-n00bify the trees and reset the grass terrain with more rough spots more randomized (and in the process unintentionally created 2 meadows, but I'm not going there LOL!) But anyhow, while in the Scenario Editor, I noticed that indeed I could reset all company owned items, and that would indeed reset both canal & road ownership back to public (and remove company ownership of the roads and canals that I had built in-game), but that would rid of all my company stuff, perhaps even the companies itself (wasn't too sure)...not what I wanted tbh, all I want is road and canal ownership of all roads, canals and their bridges reset to public w/o any company ownership...everything else left intact regarding company ownership (from what I gather, after that the cities and towns would assume control over the roads within their vicinity, but I didn't dig too deep into the details whilst researching the topic of ownership). If you could do that, I would humbly much appreciate it! And once that is done, I can finish off several other things and the scenario server will launch on around August 1st!
VoxrenMP-RC2pre.sav
I'm not aware of a convenient way to do this at the moment.
I can see about looking into the area when time permits though.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
RoninMastaFX
Engineer
Engineer

Post by RoninMastaFX »

JGR wrote:I'm not aware of a convenient way to do this at the moment.
I can see about looking into the area when time permits though.
Appreciated bud! :) No rush, I had to delay the launch of the server until August 15th (something came up on my end anyhow for 2 weeks from July 30-Aug 13), so I can (and will) wait. :)

BTW, I have a new version of my scenario, and I will be taking a break from OpenTTD for some time now, until mid August so I won't be editing on-the-side any longer! :oops:

Thanks JGR, and if you're unable to remove company ownership from canals and roads, no problem. :)

EDIT 1: Escrow build has been finalized, which is a minor edit from RC2, but the towns and cities are effectively finished!
EDIT 2: Pre-Final is released! Literally the build before the final (v1.00). and because of that, I won't be updating the build in this post anymore (seriously!), as the final version will be released soon on it's own server!
Attachments
VoxrenMP-PreFinal.sav
The scenario is finished and ready for prime-time, but ownership of the roads and canals are still owned by my company, needs to be reset to N/A and then it will be final!
(6.81 MiB) Downloaded 79 times
Last edited by RoninMastaFX on 23 Jul 2018 07:05, edited 5 times in total.
TrainLover
Engineer
Engineer

Post by TrainLover »

What would be broken if you added the realistic shunting patch into this PatchPack?
Developer of North American Passenger Liveries: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=87228
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

TrainLover wrote:What would be broken if you added the realistic shunting patch into this PatchPack?
I am keeping an eye on this patch, however it is not finished and not in a state where I would be inclined to consider looking into the feasibility of merging it.

If I were to merge it, I would not do so in a way that broke existing functionality.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
MagicBuzz
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MagicBuzz »

JGR wrote: I've added an implementation of this to the wip-timetable-wait-lock branch on github.
It seems to work correctly, though I am have reservations about UI issues. The timetable window is already quite complicated with the number of buttons/modes/etc.
I'd be interested to see what you make of it.
Hello,

Thank JGR for trying to implement my suggestion :)

You didn't provide a link to an updated compiled version (Win64 is possible) and I can't compile your repo with my computer with Visual Studio 2017 (on Windows 10).

I was able to compile (with some efforts thought) the trunk and my own patch, but not your solution.

May you could tell me what's wrong ?
I think I miss some includes path or libraries but I can't face out which ones.

Here is the output of the compilation window :

Code: Select all

1>------ Début de la génération : Projet : version, Configuration : Debug Win32 ------
2>------ Génération ignorée : Projet : generate, Configuration : Debug Win32 ------
2>Projet non sélectionné dans le cadre d'une génération pour cette configuration de solution 
3>------ Début de la génération : Projet : settings, Configuration : Debug Win32 ------
1>Microsoft (R) Windows Script Host Version 5.812
1>Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. Tous droits réservés.
1>
4>------ Début de la génération : Projet : openttd, Configuration : Release x64 ------
4>train_cmd.cpp
4>e:\ottd.sources\jgr\src\train_cmd.cpp(186): error C3861: 'scope_dumper' : identificateur introuvable
4>e:\ottd.sources\jgr\src\train_cmd.cpp(187): error C2228: la partie gauche de '.VehicleInfo' doit avoir un class/struct/union
4>e:\ottd.sources\jgr\src\train_cmd.cpp(187): note: le type est 'unknown-type'
4>e:\ottd.sources\jgr\src\train_cmd.cpp(2555): warning C4267: 'return' : conversion de 'size_t' en 'int', perte possible de données
4>Génération du projet "openttd_vs141.vcxproj" terminée -- ÉCHEC.
========== Génération : 2 a réussi, 1 a échoué, 3 mis à jour, 1 a été ignoré ==========
Here are my INCLUDE and LIBRARY paths :

Include :

E:\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\VC\Tools\MSVC\14.14.26428\include
E:\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\VC\Tools\MSVC\14.14.26428\atlmfc\include
E:\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\VC\Auxiliary\VS\include
C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Include\10.0.10240.0\ucrt
E:\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\VC\Auxiliary\VS\UnitTest\include
E:\Windows Kits\8.1\Include\um
E:\Windows Kits\8.1\Include\shared
E:\Windows Kits\8.1\Include\winrt
C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\NETFXSDK\4.6.1\Include\um
E:\OTTD.Essentials\shared\include
C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\
C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Include\10.0.17134.0\ucrt
Library :

E:\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\VC\Tools\MSVC\14.14.26428\lib\x64
E:\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\VC\Tools\MSVC\14.14.26428\atlmfc\lib\x64
E:\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\VC\Auxiliary\VS\lib\x64
C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\lib\10.0.10240.0\ucrt\x64
E:\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\VC\Auxiliary\VS\UnitTest\lib
E:\Windows Kits\8.1\lib\winv6.3\um\x64
C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\NETFXSDK\4.6.1\Lib\um\x64
E:\OTTD.Essentials\win64\library
E:\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\VC\Tools\MSVC\14.14.26428\lib\x64
E:\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\VC\Tools\MSVC\14.14.26428\atlmfc\lib\x64
E:\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\VC\Auxiliary\VS\lib\x64
C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\lib\10.0.10240.0\ucrt\x64
E:\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\VC\Auxiliary\VS\UnitTest\lib
E:\Windows Kits\8.1\lib\winv6.3\um\x64
C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\NETFXSDK\4.6.1\Lib\um\x64
E:\OTTD.Essentials\win64\library
C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Lib\10.0.17134.0\ucrt\x64
Auge
Director
Director

Post by Auge »

Hello
MagicBuzz wrote: I was able to compile (with some efforts thought) the trunk and my own patch, but not your solution.

May you could tell me what's wrong ?
I would expect this causing your problem.
JGR wrote: I've added an implementation of this to the wip-timetable-wait-lock branch on github.
JGR added his implementation to the development branch for this feature "wip-timetable-wait-lock" (I read the "wip" as "work in progress") but not to the mainbranch "jgrpp" which one compiles by default. You should be able to checkout the branch to compile it but I would expect you to get OpenTTD with this additional feature only.

Tschö, Auge
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

The branch is based on the jgrpp branch.

As you are the first person to try compiling with MSVC in a long while, you've encountered a bug where the handling of legacy compilers/missing features is not correct.
I will update the branch later today which should address the issue.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

MagicBuzz wrote:I was able to compile (with some efforts thought) the trunk and my own patch, but not your solution.
Try it again now, I've updated the branch. If it still doesn't work I can see into PMing you a binary or the like.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
MagicBuzz
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MagicBuzz »

Hello JGR,

It's quite better, but I still have some issues about C++ syntax :

1>------ Début de la génération : Projet : version, Configuration : Debug Win32 ------
2>------ Génération ignorée : Projet : generate, Configuration : Debug Win32 ------
2>Projet non sélectionné dans le cadre d'une génération pour cette configuration de solution 
3>------ Début de la génération : Projet : settings, Configuration : Debug Win32 ------
1>Microsoft (R) Windows Script Host Version 5.812
1>Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. Tous droits réservés.
1>
4>------ Début de la génération : Projet : openttd, Configuration : Release x64 ------
4>crashlog.cpp
4>scope_info.cpp
4>e:\ottd.sources\jgr\src\scope_info.h(70): error C4430: spécificateur de type manquant - int est pris en compte par défaut. Remarque : C++ ne prend pas en charge int par défaut (compilation du fichier source ..\src\scope_info.cpp)
4>e:\ottd.sources\jgr\src\scope_info.h(70): error C2143: erreur de syntaxe : absence de ',' avant '*' (compilation du fichier source ..\src\scope_info.cpp)
4>e:\ottd.sources\jgr\src\scope_info.h(71): error C4430: spécificateur de type manquant - int est pris en compte par défaut. Remarque : C++ ne prend pas en charge int par défaut (compilation du fichier source ..\src\scope_info.cpp)
4>e:\ottd.sources\jgr\src\scope_info.h(71): error C2143: erreur de syntaxe : absence de ',' avant '*' (compilation du fichier source ..\src\scope_info.cpp)
4>e:\ottd.sources\jgr\src\scope_info.h(71): error C4430: spécificateur de type manquant - int est pris en compte par défaut. Remarque : C++ ne prend pas en charge int par défaut (compilation du fichier source ..\src\crashlog.cpp)
4>e:\ottd.sources\jgr\src\scope_info.h(71): error C2143: erreur de syntaxe : absence de ',' avant '*' (compilation du fichier source ..\src\crashlog.cpp)
4>e:\ottd.sources\jgr\src\scope_info.cpp(58): error C2511: 'const char *scope_dumper::VehicleInfo(const Vehicle *)' : impossible de trouver la fonction membre surchargée dans 'scope_dumper'
4>e:\ottd.sources\jgr\src\scope_info.h(68): note: voir la déclaration de 'scope_dumper'
4>e:\ottd.sources\jgr\src\scope_info.cpp(59): error C2671: 'scope_dumper::VehicleInfo' : les fonctions membres static n'ont pas de pointeurs 'this'
4>e:\ottd.sources\jgr\src\scope_info.cpp(59): error C2227: la partie gauche de '->buffer' doit pointer vers un type class/struct/union/générique
4>e:\ottd.sources\jgr\src\scope_info.cpp(60): error C2671: 'scope_dumper::VehicleInfo' : les fonctions membres static n'ont pas de pointeurs 'this'
4>e:\ottd.sources\jgr\src\scope_info.cpp(60): error C2227: la partie gauche de '->buffer' doit pointer vers un type class/struct/union/générique
4>e:\ottd.sources\jgr\src\scope_info.cpp(68): error C2671: 'scope_dumper::VehicleInfo' : les fonctions membres static n'ont pas de pointeurs 'this'
4>e:\ottd.sources\jgr\src\scope_info.cpp(68): error C2227: la partie gauche de '->buffer' doit pointer vers un type class/struct/union/générique
4>e:\ottd.sources\jgr\src\scope_info.cpp(78): error C2671: 'scope_dumper::VehicleInfo' : les fonctions membres static n'ont pas de pointeurs 'this'
4>e:\ottd.sources\jgr\src\scope_info.cpp(78): error C2227: la partie gauche de '->buffer' doit pointer vers un type class/struct/union/générique
4>e:\ottd.sources\jgr\src\scope_info.cpp(90): error C2671: 'scope_dumper::VehicleInfo' : les fonctions membres static n'ont pas de pointeurs 'this'
4>e:\ottd.sources\jgr\src\scope_info.cpp(90): error C2227: la partie gauche de '->buffer' doit pointer vers un type class/struct/union/générique
4>e:\ottd.sources\jgr\src\scope_info.cpp(94): error C2511: 'const char *scope_dumper::StationInfo(const BaseStation *)' : impossible de trouver la fonction membre surchargée dans 'scope_dumper'
4>e:\ottd.sources\jgr\src\scope_info.h(68): note: voir la déclaration de 'scope_dumper'
4>e:\ottd.sources\jgr\src\scope_info.cpp(95): error C2671: 'scope_dumper::StationInfo' : les fonctions membres static n'ont pas de pointeurs 'this'
4>e:\ottd.sources\jgr\src\scope_info.cpp(95): error C2227: la partie gauche de '->buffer' doit pointer vers un type class/struct/union/générique
4>e:\ottd.sources\jgr\src\scope_info.cpp(96): error C2671: 'scope_dumper::StationInfo' : les fonctions membres static n'ont pas de pointeurs 'this'
4>e:\ottd.sources\jgr\src\scope_info.cpp(96): error C2227: la partie gauche de '->buffer' doit pointer vers un type class/struct/union/générique
4>e:\ottd.sources\jgr\src\scope_info.cpp(117): error C2671: 'scope_dumper::StationInfo' : les fonctions membres static n'ont pas de pointeurs 'this'
4>e:\ottd.sources\jgr\src\scope_info.cpp(117): error C2227: la partie gauche de '->buffer' doit pointer vers un type class/struct/union/générique
4>Génération du projet "openttd_vs141.vcxproj" terminée -- ÉCHEC.
========== Génération : 2 a réussi, 1 a échoué, 3 mis à jour, 1 a été ignoré ==========
Sorry for the french messages.

Here is a quick translation :
Error C4430: Missing type specifier-int is taken into account by default. Note: C++ does not support default int (compiling the source file.. srcscope_info.cpp)

Error C2143: syntax error: No ', ' before ' * ' (compiling the source file.. srcscope_info.cpp)

Error C2511: ' const char * scope_dumper:: VehicleInfo (const Vehicle *) ': Unable to find overloaded member function in ' Scope_dumper '
=> This one is certainly due to the previous errors

Error C2671: ' Scope_dumper:: VehicleInfo ': Static member functions do not have ' this ' pointers

Error C2227: The left side of '-> buffer ' must point to a class/struct/union/generic type
ISA
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ISA »

JGR wrote:
ISA wrote:Hey!
JGR maybe You may have a idea... As in some point with PB 25.0 I started to get OpenTTD "not responding" Windows message and game closes (return to Windows). Problem was that if I was trying to build road tunnel. I upgraded to latest version and the problem is still there. I didn't got any reports (crash and so on) from OpenTTD itself, only my save game is available. I still try to investigate, but to You have any hints to give?
~ISA
Edit1: Mislooked before. Got one file from crash
Edit2: And now after many tries I got OpenTTD fatal error and report
[+] Spoiler
*** OpenTTD Crash Report ***
Thanks for the bug report.
Most of the GRFs in your savegame aren't available on bananas, would you be able to send/upload these?
The crashlog implies a memory corruption and/or text rendering issue.
JGR as I understand You don't be able to upgrade the 25.2 until the bug is fixed in trunk? Just interested as I have put my games "on hold" due the issue.
hehe
Engineer
Engineer

Post by hehe »

Hi JGR

I'm trying to compile your recent release on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS.

sudo apt-get install build-essential pkg-config libsdl1.2-dev subversion patch zlib1g-dev liblzo2-dev liblzma-dev libfontconfig-dev libicu-dev 
wget https://github.com/JGRennison/OpenTTD-patches/archive/jgrpp-0.25.2.tar.gz 
tar -xzvf jgrpp-0.25.2.tar.gz 
cd OpenTTD-patches-jgrpp-0.25.2 
./configure 
make 
sudo make install 
If i run the make install command, then I get the followin error:
install: target ‘///usr/local/share/games/openttd/data’ is not a directory

make[1]: Entering directory `/home/ubuntu/OpenTTD-patches-jgrpp-0.25.1/objs/lang'
make[1]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/ubuntu/OpenTTD-patches-jgrpp-0.25.1/objs/lang'
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/ubuntu/OpenTTD-patches-jgrpp-0.25.1/objs/setting'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/ubuntu/OpenTTD-patches-jgrpp-0.25.1/objs/setting'
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/ubuntu/OpenTTD-patches-jgrpp-0.25.1/objs/extra_grf'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/ubuntu/OpenTTD-patches-jgrpp-0.25.1/objs/extra_grf'
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/ubuntu/OpenTTD-patches-jgrpp-0.25.1/objs/release'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/ubuntu/OpenTTD-patches-jgrpp-0.25.1/objs/release'
[BUNDLE] Constructing bundle
[INSTALL] Installing OpenTTD
install: target ‘///usr/local/share/games/openttd/data’ is not a directory
make: *** [install] Error 1
Is this a bug or is my compiling sequence wrong?
Many thanks for your advice.
TrueSatan
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by TrueSatan »

Hmm if you untar the archive it should not be
tar -xzvf jgrpp-0.25.2.tar.gz
cd OpenTTD-patches-jgrpp-0.25.2

but cd jgrpp-0.25.2
use autocomplete with tab to enter the right subdirectory.

Maybe its that

Cheers
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

MagicBuzz wrote:Hello JGR,

It's quite better, but I still have some issues about C++ syntax :
I had another go at fixing this.
If not I will make a binary when I am home this evening.
ISA wrote:JGR as I understand You don't be able to upgrade the 25.2 until the bug is fixed in trunk? Just interested as I have put my games "on hold" due the issue.
I've already submitted a fix upstream and it has been merged.
I will do another release soonish.
hehe wrote:Hi JGR

I'm trying to compile your recent release on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS.

Is this a bug or is my compiling sequence wrong?
Many thanks for your advice.
It looks like it builds fine, but the install step is unsuccessful.
I can't say that I've ever tried to install it for all users using make install, it should run just fine out of the build directory.
I will look into it.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

hehe wrote: install: target ‘///usr/local/share/games/openttd/data’ is not a directory
does this work with unpatched openttd? it seems rather unlikely that a patchpack would make changes in this area.
hehe
Engineer
Engineer

Post by hehe »

Eddi wrote:
hehe wrote: install: target ‘///usr/local/share/games/openttd/data’ is not a directory
does this work with unpatched openttd? it seems rather unlikely that a patchpack would make changes in this area.
I've tested the same procedure with version 1.8.0 and it works perfect. The game ist being installed in /usr/local/share/games/openttd.

For JGR's release version, as you can see I haven't changed anything. The games tries to install in that directory.

@TrueSatan
I've have tested it and I get the same error
hehe
Engineer
Engineer

Post by hehe »

JGR wrote: It looks like it builds fine, but the install step is unsuccessful.
I can't say that I've ever tried to install it for all users using make install, it should run just fine out of the build directory.
I will look into it.
running from the bin directory works so far but it can't be installed
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

Eddi wrote:does this work with unpatched openttd? it seems rather unlikely that a patchpack would make changes in this area.
hehe wrote:running from the bin directory works so far but it can't be installed
I added a directory to the build and bundle for the included GRFs (programmable signals graphics, tile highlights, etc.), however I forgot to add the associated equivalent of mkdir to the make install target.
This will be fixed shortly.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

uhm, don't those belong in the same place as openttd.grf would normally also be installed?

Return to “OpenTTD Development”