JGR's Patch Pack

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

b1tm4rx1st
Engineer
Engineer

Re: JGR's Patch Pack

Post by b1tm4rx1st »

openbu.org wrote:Settings,House_zones
BTW,IMO,The mayor(in-game) love House_zones,But,I dislike.
Exactly that setting does not show up. Even if i put it to expert settings...
b1tm4rx1st
Engineer
Engineer

Post by b1tm4rx1st »

b1tm4rx1st wrote:
openbu.org wrote:Settings,House_zones
BTW,IMO,The mayor(in-game) love House_zones,But,I dislike.
Exactly that setting does not show up. Even if i put it to expert settings...

indeed it would be nice there is a more recent version of custom house in JGRPP
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

b1tm4rx1st wrote: indeed it would be nice there is a more recent version of custom house in JGRPP
There was a version of this patchpack released which used a newer version of the house-placing patch (labelled v4), however this had at least one severe bug without a known fix in it, and so it was later reverted to the original version (labelled v2).
There doesn't seem to be any activity on fixing it and I'm not really interested in sinking any more time into debugging it.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
adf88
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by adf88 »

JGR wrote:a newer version of the house-placing patch (labelled v4), however this had at least one severe bug without a known fix in it
That's curious. Can you enlighten me?
:] don't worry, be happy and checkout my patches
tlpwka
Engineer
Engineer

Post by tlpwka »

JGR wrote:Hello,
Having a quick look at it, the NYC-MIA trains haven't started their timetables yet, presumably as the timetable mode was recently changed.
The NYC-CHG train is running late. As it left on time and there are no waypoints or other timetable points en route it can't predict how late it will arrive though.
In general having both enabled is what you want. You may want to disable one but not the other if you're doing semi-manual or clock-face timetabling or have some other form of advanced setup.
You'll most likely want to disable both if you are using full-load orders or any form of conditional orders.
[/quote]
Hello,
The solution with intermediate station work perfectly.
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

adf88 wrote:
JGR wrote:a newer version of the house-placing patch (labelled v4), however this had at least one severe bug without a known fix in it
That's curious. Can you enlighten me?
The changes to the house NewGRF code break multiplayer, as the values output are no longer consistent between different players. I can't remember now exactly which function/NewGRF properties were being inconsistent.
As this happened even when house picking was not enabled and no players picked/placed houses, fixing the issue was urgent. It wasn't clear where the nondeterminism was arising, and what the correct behaviour/functionality for the changed house NewGRF code was supposed to be.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
Davie_UCF
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Davie_UCF »

I'm back trying to figure out timetables.

Could I have some guidance?

Say I have four trains on a route which all share orders and I want them half hourly. The timetable should equal 60minutes there and back again... is that correct?

Also is there any settings for day length and amount of ticks in a day that is best for timetables? I mean so they always sync up.
East of England/East Anglia scenario/map released!! http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?p=205440#205440
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

Davie_UCF wrote:I'm back trying to figure out timetables.

Say I have four trains on a route which all share orders and I want them half hourly. The timetable should equal 60minutes there and back again... is that correct?

Also is there any settings for day length and amount of ticks in a day that is best for timetables? I mean so they always sync up.
Half-hourly with four trains would mean having a timetable 120 minutes long.

The number of ticks per day is fixed at 74 (effectively multiplied by the day length factor). If you're timetabling in days, you'll want your number of ticks per minute to fit into that.
However, if you want clock-face timetables, you're probably better off timetabling in minutes, in which case the day length and ticks per day don't really matter.
You'll probably want to enable "show leftover ticks in timetable" in the settings.
If you are using timetable auto-fill, you may want to adjust the rounding value in the company settings so that it is a convenient multiple or factor of your number of ticks per minute.

You'll need to turn off timetable automation and tweak the timetable manually to make it the right length.
If you set the start dates yourself to a half hourly interval by use of control-click on the start-date button you can turn off auto-separation as well.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
Davie_UCF
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Davie_UCF »

JGR wrote:
Davie_UCF wrote:I'm back trying to figure out timetables.

Half-hourly with four trains would mean having a timetable 120 minutes long.

The number of ticks per day is fixed at 74 (effectively multiplied by the day length factor). If you're timetabling in days, you'll want your number of ticks per minute to fit into that.
However, if you want clock-face timetables, you're probably better off timetabling in minutes, in which case the day length and ticks per day don't really matter.
You'll probably want to enable "show leftover ticks in timetable" in the settings.
If you are using timetable auto-fill, you may want to adjust the rounding value in the company settings so that it is a convenient multiple or factor of your number of ticks per minute.

You'll need to turn off timetable automation and tweak the timetable manually to make it the right length.
If you set the start dates yourself to a half hourly interval by use of control-click on the start-date button you can turn off auto-separation as well.
Thanks.

What use is showing the leftover ticks? Could you give an example of how day length alters the ticks and subsequent timetables? I remember having that problem I posted about earlier in the year regarding the timetable's going wrong over time. There's no way of making it so the amount of ticks and time in a day is the same so it doesn't go out of sync?
Starting to find timetables more stress than they should be! I just want the departure boards to have set times for certain trains but feels like a mountain to climb to achieve that!
East of England/East Anglia scenario/map released!! http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?p=205440#205440
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

Davie_UCF wrote:What use is showing the leftover ticks?
This is so that you know whether your timetable is the exact length you want, and not the length plus a bit extra.
Davie_UCF wrote:Could you give an example of how day length alters the ticks and subsequent timetables? I remember having that problem I posted about earlier in the year regarding the timetable's going wrong over time. There's no way of making it so the amount of ticks and time in a day is the same so it doesn't go out of sync?
The day length setting has no direct effect on timetabling, other than unit conversions if you use days as your timetabling units.
If you want to use clock-face timetabling, you should use minutes as your timetabling units. You can then set the number of ticks per minute.
The number of effective ticks per day is fixed at 74 times the day length factor.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Any chance of getting a toggle for hiding trains (or other vehicle types) that are in depot when you are looking at the all units panel? I frequently look at my units ordered by lowest income last year, i often save trains in depot for later use rather than selling them off, so often i have to scroll through a load of zero performing units because they're in a depot so its entirely expected behaviour for them. Any chance of a 'hide vehicles at depot' toggle?
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

Redirect Left wrote:Any chance of getting a toggle for hiding trains (or other vehicle types) that are in depot when you are looking at the all units panel? I frequently look at my units ordered by lowest income last year, i often save trains in depot for later use rather than selling them off, so often i have to scroll through a load of zero performing units because they're in a depot so its entirely expected behaviour for them. Any chance of a 'hide vehicles at depot' toggle?
I'm kind of reluctant to redefine "all units" to only show a subset of units, but I'm not opposed in principle to some way of hiding vehicles currently in depots.
I can put it on the list of things to look into, but it may take a while to get round to it.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

I was more thinking of, at the bottom of the window there are "Available Trains" "Manage List" - Would it be possible to put it on a dropdown option as part of Manage List? "Hide Inactive Vehicles" (in that definition, 'inactive' would be parked in depot). Seems like the most logical place to put such an option. If its there, it wouldn't obstruct anything else, and no confusion over it.
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
SimYouLater
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by SimYouLater »

About the "More NewGRFs" patch. I've discovered, with extensive help from GarryG, that loading too many NewGRFs can cause vehicle names to disappear, as well as railtypes and NewObjects to become named "(undefined string)". You might want to include a warning about that in place of the "too many NewGRFs" error message.
Licenses for my work...
You automatically have my permission to re-license graphics or code by me if needed for use in any project that is not GPL v2, on the condition that if you release any derivatives of my graphics they're automatically considered as ALSO GPL v2 (code may remain unreleased, but please do provide it) and carry this provision in GPL v2 uses.
Please ask someone in-the-know to be sure that the graphics are done by me. Especially TTD-Scale, long story.
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

SimYouLater wrote:About the "More NewGRFs" patch. I've discovered, with extensive help from GarryG, that loading too many NewGRFs can cause vehicle names to disappear, as well as railtypes and NewObjects to become named "(undefined string)". You might want to include a warning about that in place of the "too many NewGRFs" error message.
Thanks for letting me know about this issue.

Looking at the code, the number of string IDs available to NewGRFs is limited to a total of 6144. This would be relatively non-trivial to significantly increase.
I'll see about looking into showing a warning when this happens.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
EG0611
Engineer
Engineer

Post by EG0611 »

The best patch I have ever seen.

This patch must be combined with OpenTTD's itself.
SirXavius
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by SirXavius »

Love this patch, too, but I was wondering about one of the features....

There is a 'Plan' window but I can't tell what this is for. The features list on the first page of this thread doesn't mention it. Is this for single player, or is it a WIP?
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

SirXavius wrote:Love this patch, too, but I was wondering about one of the features....

There is a 'Plan' window but I can't tell what this is for. The features list on the first page of this thread doesn't mention it. Is this for single player, or is it a WIP?
It's part of the enhanced viewports patch, you can use it to draw plans on the map in single or multi player.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

I've found a little glitch with signals on bridges.
If there is a crash on a bridge, the red signals will not clear after the train has been removed. You can force them back to green by ordering a train to ignore signals and power through the reds, after that has cleared it, the signals go back to green as normal and remaining in working order afterwards.

the two differing lines indicate the (approximate) location of the two trains. They collided head on, on the bridge after a bad SPAD order, human error, woo!. Arrows indicate the direction of each train.

Note the signal color on the bridge in the first image compared to the latter, after a train had SPAD'd its way across and then reset signals.
Attachments
after_crash.png
After the crash (although after OpenTTD removed wrecks)
(601.74 KiB) Not downloaded yet
signal_reset.png
after a train had been forced through reds - resetted and working normally signals.
(338.1 KiB) Not downloaded yet
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

Redirect Left wrote:I've found a little glitch with signals on bridges.
If there is a crash on a bridge, the red signals will not clear after the train has been removed. You can force them back to green by ordering a train to ignore signals and power through the reds, after that has cleared it, the signals go back to green as normal and remaining in working order afterwards.

the two differing lines indicate the (approximate) location of the two trains. They collided head on, on the bridge after a bad SPAD order, human error, woo!. Arrows indicate the direction of each train.

Note the signal color on the bridge in the first image compared to the latter, after a train had SPAD'd its way across and then reset signals.
Thanks for letting me know about this, I'll take a look.

Best be more careful with the SPAD button next time :P
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github

Return to “OpenTTD Development”