JGR's Patch Pack

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: JGR's Patch Pack

Post by JGR »

Argus wrote: 11 Sep 2019 11:35 Crashing while starting
Crashlog http://leteckaposta.cz/932839200
Thanks for this report.
Your crashlog suggests that your fonts and/or language files are incorrect.
You seem to be running 0.31.5 out of a directory named openttd-custom-jgrpp-0.16.0-MINGW-win32.
A likely cause of failure is that you are using outdated language files.
Can you ensure that the language and other files match the executable. If you are not sure, download the release and extract all the files in it into a new directory.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

I guess I reported early, the second time the crash did not repeat.
I always rewrite all files when unpacking ....
Tintinfan
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Tintinfan »

Good Evening,

Been a while since I've posted here. Got a bit of a desync nightmare going on, thought I would leave the save and the logs (never noticed we had this much debugging info!). Can always point the direction of NewGRFs too if needed...
Attachments
allesgut.sav
(4.17 MiB) Downloaded 101 times
desync_log_txtfile.txt
(101.48 KiB) Downloaded 66 times
desync-server-20190908T193808Z.sav
(3.99 MiB) Downloaded 64 times
Regards,

Tinny/Tintinfan. :)
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

Tintinfan wrote: 12 Sep 2019 20:29 Good Evening,

Been a while since I've posted here. Got a bit of a desync nightmare going on, thought I would leave the save and the logs (never noticed we had this much debugging info!). Can always point the direction of NewGRFs too if needed...
Thanks for reporting this, I'll take a look into it soon.

I've added various logging and other mechanisms to aid in resolving desync issues, as they have been a bit of a problem recently.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
Tintinfan
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Tintinfan »

JGR wrote: 13 Sep 2019 19:07
Tintinfan wrote: 12 Sep 2019 20:29 Good Evening,

Thanks for reporting this, I'll take a look into it soon.

I've added various logging and other mechanisms to aid in resolving desync issues, as they have been a bit of a problem recently.
Aha, that sounds like a great addition! Thank you for your continued work on the patchpack. I've noticed that I put the wrong save/log in, I also had a screenshot from the server console...
Attachments
desync_log_txtfile2.txt
(83.41 KiB) Downloaded 88 times
desync-server-20190912T221113Z.sav
(4.16 MiB) Downloaded 103 times
Regards,

JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

Tintinfan wrote: 13 Sep 2019 21:31 Aha, that sounds like a great addition! Thank you for your continued work on the patchpack. I've noticed that I put the wrong save/log in, I also had a screenshot from the server console...
It appears that the messages about vehicle cache mismatches are from instances of the Kaimuki Articulated Electric Tram from the Mop Generic NRT Vehicle 0.6.5 NewGRF.
Without reading the NewGRF source it looks like incorrect use of callback 36/prop 22.
I'd suggest not using that particular vehicle model/GRF for now.

The order destination refcount mismatch messages appear to be false positives, so I wouldn't worry about those.

The infrastructure total mismatches reported in your earlier log should also now be fixed. Until the next rc release, try to refrain from using the road/tram convert tool on road/tram depots.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

Tintinfan wrote: 13 Sep 2019 21:31 Aha, that sounds like a great addition! Thank you for your continued work on the patchpack. I've noticed that I put the wrong save/log in, I also had a screenshot from the server console...
I've added another rc release which should improve the situation (except for the Kaimuki Articulated Electric Tram issue which still looks like a faulty GRF).
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
Tintinfan
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Tintinfan »

JGR wrote: 18 Sep 2019 01:12
I've added another rc release which should improve the situation (except for the Kaimuki Articulated Electric Tram issue which still looks like a faulty GRF).
Many thanks for that and your continued hard work! No doubt we will be back with more bugs for you to (s)quash. :D
Regards,

eshield
Engineer
Engineer

Post by eshield »

Hello, JGR.

Most of my cities looks like this:
Untitled.png
(489.23 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Is there any way to set city density to the max so city could use all available slots? Or maybe it is a bug?

Thanks for your efforts, mate. Best pp ever. Hope to see ATC someday.
Ask, and it shall be given you.
Seek, and ye shall find.
Knock, and it shall open unto you.
Diesel Power
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Diesel Power »

Had a crash today. I'm using the first NRT release.
I'm using the Street Traffic ai with Genric Cars. I unintentionally had infrastructure sharing turned on and only realised when the cars were stopping at my bus stops and causing havoc with the cargo dist. of the passengers with their implicit orders. I tried to switch off the sharing but couldn't due to the fact that a competitor was using my stations. I reloaded Street Traffic to remove all the orders (there was 1000 cars!). Before the new ai started, I unchecked the infrastructure sharing tab in the settings and this is when the game crashed. I'll upload the crash log and save when I next get my laptop online.
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

Bug in RC nrt jgr patchpack: In some windows you can see only half a row from the text
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

eshield wrote: 19 Sep 2019 09:00 Hello, JGR.

Most of my cities looks like this:
Untitled.png
Is there any way to set city density to the max so city could use all available slots? Or maybe it is a bug?

Thanks for your efforts, mate. Best pp ever. Hope to see ATC someday.
It may be worth trying a different town road layout and/or housing set. If you can provide a savegame I'll take a look.
Diesel Power wrote: 19 Sep 2019 21:43 Had a crash today. I'm using the first NRT release.
I'm using the Street Traffic ai with Genric Cars. I unintentionally had infrastructure sharing turned on and only realised when the cars were stopping at my bus stops and causing havoc with the cargo dist. of the passengers with their implicit orders. I tried to switch off the sharing but couldn't due to the fact that a competitor was using my stations. I reloaded Street Traffic to remove all the orders (there was 1000 cars!). Before the new ai started, I unchecked the infrastructure sharing tab in the settings and this is when the game crashed. I'll upload the crash log and save when I next get my laptop online.
Implicit orders are best avoided in general, especially with any form of cargo distribution. There is a setting "Only allow non-stop orders" to disable their creation, I'd suggest switching that on.
Even then, AIs like Street Traffic are unlikely to be able to usefully interact with an existing cargo network.
The crash log and sae would be useful when you can get online.
Argus wrote: 20 Sep 2019 15:19 Bug in RC nrt jgr patchpack: In some windows you can see only half a row from the text
Can you clarify what this means? Text looks fine here. A screenshot of the issue may be helpful.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

I'll put a screen here after the weekend. The problem is related to set utf fonts, not default font.
This is my openttd.cfg - http://leteckaposta.cz/246373508 - I use them because I play the scenarios with Cyrillic town names ....
Diesel Power
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Diesel Power »

JGR wrote: 20 Sep 2019 18:18 Implicit orders are best avoided in general, especially with any form of cargo distribution. There is a setting "Only allow non-stop orders" to disable their creation, I'd suggest switching that on.
Even then, AIs like Street Traffic are unlikely to be able to usefully interact with an existing cargo network.
The crash log and sae would be useful when you can get online.
I didn't want the cars stopping at my stops. I just have them to simulate the general public. I didn't realise sharing was on and that the cars would even stop as they are all controlled by the Street Traffic AI and just drive around with no orders. I always build a public road network using an idle AI at the start of a game so there's public road and public cars. I've seen a patch somewhere that builds an inter city road network at the map creation. This would make my life much easier if this were added to the pack. I'll see if I can find a link (found it here viewtopic.php?f=33&t=77024/). Thanks for your continued work on this pack, it enhances the game massively. And from a fellow East Anglian no less!
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by romazoon »

Hi JGR
First let me thank you once more for your very high quality and continuous work on this patchpack.

Now we found some new way to crash our game, well to be more precise, the server doesn t crash; it seems only to crash the client doing some actions.

- upgrading a road tile where there is a station (for me it happened at westerdijskhorns west, but other player reported me that it happened to them too with other stations)

and

- adding Noordschans docks as an order to an existing train (it happened with train named 648/01 from flying hollanders)

Here is the last crash.sav and the crash.dmp , it erased the one i had for the road upgrading so that one concern the "added order", but if you need the other crash files then i guess it would not be too hard to produce one new, just ask if you need)

Edit : some player from our server also report that there is maybe a towngrowth bug caused by custombridgeheads, if they are customized the growth doesn t cross the bridge (no building appearing on the other side like they would normally do. player is testing it a bit more though, he s not 100% sure yet).
There seems also to have a bug with some missing tram wire on every bridges
Attachments
crash.sav
(4.92 MiB) Downloaded 60 times
crash.dmp
(19.56 MiB) Downloaded 41 times
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

romazoon wrote: 21 Sep 2019 09:29 Hi JGR
First let me thank you once more for your very high quality and continuous work on this patchpack.
Thank you :)
romazoon wrote: 21 Sep 2019 09:29upgrading a road tile where there is a station (for me it happened at westerdijskhorns west, but other player reported me that it happened to them too with other stations)
It seems that I did the fix for road depot road type conversion incorrectly. I will do a fix for the fix.
Edit: Fixed.
romazoon wrote: 21 Sep 2019 09:29adding Noordschans docks as an order to an existing train (it happened with train named 648/01 from flying hollanders)
I've reproduced this in trunk, this bug was added recently, I will fix it and submit a bug report upstream.
The bug is that the order window assumes that the tile directly under the station sign is also a station tile, and in your case it's a NewGRF object instead.
romazoon wrote: 21 Sep 2019 09:29 Edit : some player from our server also report that there is maybe a towngrowth bug caused by custombridgeheads, if they are customized the growth doesn t cross the bridge (no building appearing on the other side like they would normally do. player is testing it a bit more though, he s not 100% sure yet).
I'll investigate this.
romazoon wrote: 21 Sep 2019 09:29 There seems also to have a bug with some missing tram wire on every bridges
I've reproduced this, I will look into a fix shortly.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

JGR wrote: 21 Sep 2019 10:34
romazoon wrote: 21 Sep 2019 09:29 Edit : some player from our server also report that there is maybe a towngrowth bug caused by custombridgeheads, if they are customized the growth doesn t cross the bridge (no building appearing on the other side like they would normally do. player is testing it a bit more though, he s not 100% sure yet).
I'll investigate this.
It seems towns won't build houses on roads connected only with a custom bridgehead on the far end of the bridge. The near end is unaffected. This is 0.32 rc4.

On the other hand it's nice to have a way of blocking towns from growing along your farm tracks :D
growthbug.PNG
growthbug.PNG (236.96 KiB) Viewed 4396 times
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Diesel Power wrote: 20 Sep 2019 23:05 I didn't want the cars stopping at my stops. I just have them to simulate the general public.
Check the NewGRF for your cars, see if you can change the parameters so that they carry 0 passengers.
Diesel Power
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Diesel Power »

kamnet wrote: 21 Sep 2019 18:04Check the NewGRF for your cars, see if you can change the parameters so that they carry 0 passengers.
That was my first idea. It's Generic Cars by Zephris. There aren't any parameters to play with unfortunately.
I plan on writing my own GRF based on Generic Cars but much bigger. Just got to get my head around the code.
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

Diesel Power wrote: 21 Sep 2019 18:31
kamnet wrote: 21 Sep 2019 18:04Check the NewGRF for your cars, see if you can change the parameters so that they carry 0 passengers.
That was my first idea. It's Generic Cars by Zephris. There aren't any parameters to play with unfortunately.
I plan on writing my own GRF based on Generic Cars but much bigger. Just got to get my head around the code.
Vehicles which cannot carry any cargo also cannot make any income. If AIs like Street Traffic can only build such vehicles they are not likely to last long unless they are manually subsidised by other players or the server admin.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github

Return to “OpenTTD Development”