JGR's Patch Pack

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: JGR's Patch Pack

Post by JGR »

SimYouLater wrote:JGR, is there still any chance of large depots being added?
When time permits I will look into the feasibility of it.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
ino
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by ino »

A little feature request, if you don't mind. From Joker's patch pack thread:
KeldorKatarn wrote:### v1.25.0 (2018-05-05)
* Make it possible to stop road vehicles from slowing down in curves, so players are not punished for building "diagonal" roads while true diagonal roads don't exist.
Snail
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Snail »

I'm trying to compile JGR's patchpack on my computer (running macOS Sierra 10.12.26), but it seems it doesn't agree with my GCC compiler.

I downloaded the source from the website, then placed it in a folder and ran "./configure". The exact syntax I had to use was "./configure --without-lzma", otherwise it wouldn't work.

During configuration, I get a complaint that my GCC is "too old", because it's detected as 4.2.1 (the default compiler for OSX), while JGR requires 4.7 .
However, as you can see from the screenshot, my default compiler is indeed... 4.9.4 ! I got this information by typing "gcc --version".
ottdjgr20180507.png
(142.42 KiB) Not downloaded yet
I managed to make 4.9.4 as my default, instead of 4.2.1, by editing the path and creating a "gcc" alias that points to "gcc-4.9". I did the same with g++, c++, and cpp.
I get this error using both "tcsh" and "bash' as shells.

However, it looks like this is not enough. Does anyone have any ideas about how to solve this issue? Or any alternative ways to get this run on a Mac?

Thanks in advance
The French Narrow Gauge Train Set is now released! Get it here
ino
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by ino »

Snail wrote: I managed to make 4.9.4 as my default, instead of 4.2.1, by editing the path and creating a "gcc" alias that points to "gcc-4.9". I did the same with g++, c++, and cpp.
That might be a problem. Try ../configure CC=gcc-4.9 CXX=g++-4.9 --without-lzma

Not sure though.
andythenorth
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by andythenorth »

Snail wrote:I'm trying to compile JGR's patchpack on my computer (running macOS Sierra 10.12.26), but it seems it doesn't agree with my GCC compiler.
Any reason you can't just use clang? ;)

I can compile JGR PP on 10.12.6 with simple './configure' and 'make'. Clang comes from XCode (mine is 9.2), and I have the OpenTTD library deps installed via Homebrew.
Snail
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Snail »

ino wrote:That might be a problem. Try ../configure CC=gcc-4.9 CXX=g++-4.9 --without-lzma

Not sure though.
Thanks!
If I do that, it tells me it's "unable to determine cpu time (pointer width)".

Using "./configure CC=gcc-4.9 --without-lzma" however, made "configure" work.
However, now I get an error when I'm "making" it:

Code: Select all

In file included from /roba/ottdjgr/src/video/cocoa/event.mm:18:0:
/roba/ottdjgr/src/video/cocoa/../../stdafx.h:348:1: warning: identifier 'static_assert' is a keyword in C++11 [-Wc++0x-compat]
 assert_compile(sizeof(uint64) == 8);
 ^
In file included from /roba/ottdjgr/src/video/cocoa/fullscreen.mm:18:0:
/roba/ottdjgr/src/video/cocoa/../../stdafx.h:348:1: warning: identifier 'static_assert' is a keyword in C++11 [-Wc++0x-compat]
 ^
In file included from /roba/ottdjgr/src/os/macosx/macos.mm:12:0:
/roba/ottdjgr/src/os/macosx/../../stdafx.h:348:1: warning: identifier 'static_assert' is a keyword in C++11 [-Wc++0x-compat]
 ^
In file included from /roba/ottdjgr/src/video/cocoa/cocoa_v.mm:20:0:
 ^
In file included from /usr/local/Cellar/gcc@4.9/4.9.4_1/include/c++/4.9.4/type_traits:35:0,
                 from /roba/ottdjgr/src/os/macosx/../../core/bitmath_func.hpp:15,
                 from /roba/ottdjgr/src/os/macosx/macos.mm:13:
/usr/local/Cellar/gcc@4.9/4.9.4_1/include/c++/4.9.4/bits/c++0x_warning.h:32:2: error: #error This file requires compiler and library support for the ISO C++ 2011 standard. This support is currently experimental, and must be enabled with the -std=c++11 or -std=gnu++11 compiler options.
 #error This file requires compiler and library support for the \
  ^
In file included from /usr/include/Availability.h:190:0,
                 from /usr/include/stdlib.h:61,
                 from /usr/include/assert.h:44,
                 from /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreFoundation.framework/Headers/CoreFoundation.h:18,
                 from /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Headers/CoreServices.h:19,
                 from /roba/ottdjgr/src/video/cocoa/../../os/macosx/osx_stdafx.h:87,
                 from /roba/ottdjgr/src/video/cocoa/../../stdafx.h:16,
                 from /roba/ottdjgr/src/video/cocoa/fullscreen.mm:18:
/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreFoundation.framework/Headers/CFDateFormatter.h:53:34: error: expected '}' before '__attribute__'
     kCFISO8601DateFormatWithYear API_AVAILABLE(macosx(10.12), ios(10.0), watchos(3.0), tvos(10.0)) = (1UL << 0),
                                  ^
/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreFoundation.framework/Headers/CFDateFormatter.h:53:34: error: 'introduced' was not declared in this scope
     kCFISO8601DateFormatWithYear API_AVAILABLE(macosx(10.12), ios(10.0), watchos(3.0), tvos(10.0)) = (1UL << 0),
                                  ^
/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreFoundation.framework/Headers/CFDateFormatter.h:53:34: error: 'introduced' was not declared in this scope
                                  ^
                                  ^
                                  ^
In file included from /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreFoundation.framework/Headers/CoreFoundation.h:53:0,
                 from /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Headers/CoreServices.h:19,
/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreFoundation.framework/Headers/CFDateFormatter.h:53:100: error: expected unqualified-id before '=' token
                                                                                                    ^
                 from /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreFoundation.framework/Headers/CoreFoundation.h:18,
/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreFoundation.framework/Headers/CFDateFormatter.h:80:126: error: 'introduced' was not declared in this scope
 CFDateFormatterRef CFDateFormatterCreateISO8601Formatter(CFAllocatorRef allocator, CFISO8601DateFormatOptions formatOptions) API_AVAILABLE(macosx(10.12), ios(10.0), watchos(3.0), tvos(10.0));
                                                                                                                              ^
/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreFoundation.framework/Headers/CFDateFormatter.h:80:126: error: 'introduced' was not declared in this scope
 CFDateFormatterRef CFDateFormatterCreateISO8601Formatter(CFAllocatorRef allocator, CFISO8601DateFormatOptions formatOptions) API_AVAILABLE(macosx(10.12), ios(10.0), watchos(3.0), tvos(10.0));
                                                                                                                              ^
                                                                                                                              ^
                                                                                                                              ^
In file included from /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreFoundation.framework/Headers/CoreFoundation.h:43:0,
/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreFoundation.framework/Headers/CFDateFormatter.h:183:1: error: expected declaration before '}' token
 CF_EXTERN_C_END
 ^
make[1]: *** [video/cocoa/fullscreen.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
                 from /roba/ottdjgr/src/video/cocoa/event.mm:18:
/System/Library/Frameworks/Foundation.framework/Headers/NSURLError.h:107:35: error: too many decimal points in number
     NSURLErrorFileOutsideSafeArea API_AVAILABLE(macosx(10.12.4), ios(10.3), watchos(3.2), tvos(10.2)) = -1104,
                                   ^
                 from /roba/ottdjgr/src/video/cocoa/cocoa_v.mm:20:
/System/Library/Frameworks/Foundation.framework/Headers/NSURLError.h:107:35: error: too many decimal points in number
     NSURLErrorFileOutsideSafeArea API_AVAILABLE(macosx(10.12.4), ios(10.3), watchos(3.2), tvos(10.2)) = -1104,
                                   ^
                 from /roba/ottdjgr/src/os/macosx/../../os/macosx/osx_stdafx.h:87,
                 from /roba/ottdjgr/src/os/macosx/../../stdafx.h:16,
                 from /roba/ottdjgr/src/os/macosx/macos.mm:12:
                                   ^
/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreFoundation.framework/Headers/CFDateFormatter.h:53:34: error: expected '}' before '__attribute__'
                                  ^
                                  ^
                                  ^
                                  ^
                                  ^
In file included from /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreFoundation.framework/Headers/CoreFoundation.h:53:0,
/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreFoundation.framework/Headers/CFDateFormatter.h:53:100: error: expected unqualified-id before '=' token
                                                                                                    ^
                                                                                                                              ^
                                                                                                                              ^
                                                                                                                              ^
                                                                                                                              ^
In file included from /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreFoundation.framework/Headers/CoreFoundation.h:43:0,
/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreFoundation.framework/Headers/CFDateFormatter.h:183:1: error: expected declaration before '}' token
 CF_EXTERN_C_END
 ^
make[1]: *** [os/macosx/macos.o] Error 1
In file included from /usr/local/Cellar/gcc@4.9/4.9.4_1/include/c++/4.9.4/type_traits:35:0,
                 from /roba/ottdjgr/src/video/cocoa/../../blitter/../core/bitmath_func.hpp:15,
                 from /roba/ottdjgr/src/video/cocoa/../../blitter/../string_func.h:31,
                 from /roba/ottdjgr/src/video/cocoa/../../blitter/factory.hpp:17,
                 from /roba/ottdjgr/src/video/cocoa/cocoa_v.mm:33:
/usr/local/Cellar/gcc@4.9/4.9.4_1/include/c++/4.9.4/bits/c++0x_warning.h:32:2: error: #error This file requires compiler and library support for the ISO C++ 2011 standard. This support is currently experimental, and must be enabled with the -std=c++11 or -std=gnu++11 compiler options.
  ^
                 from /roba/ottdjgr/src/video/cocoa/../../blitter/../core/bitmath_func.hpp:15,
                 from /roba/ottdjgr/src/video/cocoa/../../blitter/../string_func.h:31,
                 from /roba/ottdjgr/src/video/cocoa/../../blitter/factory.hpp:17,
                 from /roba/ottdjgr/src/video/cocoa/event.mm:33:
  ^
                                  ^
                                  ^
                                  ^
                                  ^
                                  ^
                                                                                                    ^
                                                                                                                              ^
                                                                                                                              ^
                                                                                                                              ^
                                                                                                                              ^
 CF_EXTERN_C_END
 ^
make[1]: *** [video/cocoa/event.o] Error 1
                                  ^
                                  ^
                                  ^
                                  ^
                                  ^
                                                                                                    ^
                                                                                                                              ^
                                                                                                                              ^
                                                                                                                              ^
                                                                                                                              ^
 CF_EXTERN_C_END
 ^
make[1]: *** [video/cocoa/cocoa_v.o] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 1
(sorry, it's really a lot of text!)

I can see this error message seems to suggest me to use the "-std=c++11 or -std=gnu++11 compiler options". I don't know if it's related, but the text coming out when I was "configuring" included the following:

"using CXXFLAGS...  -std=gnu++11 "
Any ideas how to get past this? Should I use yet another version of GCC?
ino
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by ino »

Yep, add CXXFLAGS="--std=gnu++11" to configure or make
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

Snail wrote:
ino wrote:That might be a problem. Try ../configure CC=gcc-4.9 CXX=g++-4.9 --without-lzma

Not sure though.
Thanks!
If I do that, it tells me it's "unable to determine cpu time (pointer width)".

Using "./configure CC=gcc-4.9 --without-lzma" however, made "configure" work.
However, now I get an error when I'm "making" it:
You probably need to set both CC and CXX instead of just CC.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Alberth »

ino wrote:Try ../configure CC=gcc-4.9 CXX=g++-4.9 --without-lzma

Not sure though.
Standard place for environment overrides in Unices is before the actual command, ie

CC=gcc-4.9 CXX=g++-4.9 ./configure --without-lzma
Being a retired OpenTTD developer does not mean I know what I am doing.
Tintinfan
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Tintinfan »

Good Evening,

Great work as always. :D Upgraded the server to the latest version and we set out to try the new freight loading features, only to have the server implode. Log in spoiler and save attached.

[+] Spoiler

*** OpenTTD Crash Report ***

-=-=- As you loaded an emergency savegame no crash information would ordinarily be generated. -=-=-

Crash at: Mon May  7 19:54:52 2018
In game date: 1978-08-03 (8, 4)

Crash reason:
 Signal:  Segmentation fault (11)
          si_code: 1
          Fault address: 0x68
          Instruction address: 0x930c38

Within context:
     0: CallVehicleTicks: veh: 3981: (Train 37, c:4, st:FE, vs:D, t:1AB10D)

OpenTTD version:
 Version:    jgrpp-0.24.0 (0)
 NewGRF ver: 19000000
 Bits:       64
 Endian:     little
 Dedicated:  no
 Build date: May  7 2018 18:03:54
 Configure:  ./configure 

Stacktrace:
 [00]           0x7c0c8f ./openttd                                CrashLogUnix::LogStacktrace(char*, char const*) const + 0x9f
 [01]           0x67ba40 ./openttd                                CrashLog::FillCrashLog(char*, char const*) const + 0x120
 [02]           0x67bd2f ./openttd                                CrashLog::MakeCrashLog() const + 0x7f
 [03]           0x7c0991 ./openttd                                + 0x3c0991
 [04]     0x7f9cff102330 /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpthread.so.0    + 0x10330
 [05]           0x930c38 ./openttd                                Train::GetCurrentMaxSpeed() const + 0x178
 [06]           0x930e03 ./openttd                                Train::UpdateSpeed() + 0x23
 [07]           0x9314ce ./openttd                                + 0x5314ce
 [08]           0x9321b3 ./openttd                                Train::Tick() + 0x43
 [09]           0x94a0d1 ./openttd                                CallVehicleTicks() + 0x1d1
 [10]           0x7ae50a ./openttd                                StateGameLoop() + 0x21a
 [11]           0x73e5ce ./openttd                                NetworkGameLoop() + 0xde
 [12]           0x7ae643 ./openttd                                GameLoop() + 0xa3
 [13]           0x95f1f9 ./openttd                                VideoDriver_Dedicated::MainLoop() + 0x139
 [14]           0x7ac1f8 ./openttd                                openttd_main(int, char**) + 0x1538
 [15]     0x7f9cfcc69f45 /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6          __libc_start_main + 0xf5
 [16]           0x5c298e ./openttd                                + 0x1c298e

Registers:
 rax:              0x1 rbx:                0 rcx:                0 rdx:              0xa
 rsi:                0 rdi:        0x3193500 rbp:           0xffff rsp:   0x7fffbf8263c0
 r8:           0x1dc04 r9:            0x2196 r10:          0x1dbde r11:              0x2
 r12:                0 r13:        0x3193500 r14:             0x10 r15:                0
 rip:         0x930c38 eflags:  0x10246

Operating system:
 Name:     Linux
 Release:  3.13.0-37-generic
 Version:  #64-Ubuntu SMP Mon Sep 22 21:28:38 UTC 2014
 Machine:  x86_64
 Compiler: GCC 4.8.4 "4.8.4"

Distro version:
Distributor ID:	Ubuntu
Description:	Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS
Release:	14.04
Codename:	trusty

Configuration:
 Blitter:      null
 Graphics set: OpenGFX (5580)
 Language:     /root/openttd/JGRlatest/OpenTTD-patches/bin/lang/english_US.lng
 Music driver: null
 Music set:    NoMusic (0)
 Network:      server
 Sound driver: null
 Sound set:    NoSound (2)
 Video driver: dedicated

Fonts:
 Small:  sprite
 Medium: sprite
 Large:  sprite
 Mono:   sprite

AI Configuration (local: 255) (current: 16):
  0: Human
  1: Human
  2: Human
  3: Human
  4: Human
  5: Human
  6: Human
 GS: Renewed City Growth FIRS3 (v7)

Libraries:
 FontConfig: 2.11.0
 FreeType:   2.5.2
 ICU i18n:   52.1
 ICU lx:     52.1
 LZMA:       5.1.0alpha
 LZO:        2.06
 PNG:        1.2.50
 SDL:        1.2.15
 Zlib:       1.2.8

---- gamelog start ----
Tick 0: new game started
Revision text changed to jgrpp-0.23.0, savegame version 196, not modified, _openttd_newgrf_version = 0x18006d40
New game mode: 2 landscape: 1
Added NewGRF: GRF ID F1250007, checksum 2372231A8E4D77CC38C1A18E5D3A75FE, filename: firs_industry_replacement_set_3-3.0.8/firs.grf (md5sum matches)
Added NewGRF: GRF ID 43415261, checksum 808FD3F3D2863F86DD18B18AA6C4E990, filename: NARoadsw_2.grf (md5sum matches)
Added NewGRF: GRF ID 4F472B34, checksum 136D889FDAEAA3491F8320248A04425C, filename: opengfx_landscape-1.1.2/ogfx-landscape.grf (md5sum matches)
Added NewGRF: GRF ID 554B5201, checksum 0D9C15FF1DC9AA50702780A730D9C650, filename: uk_roadset.1.1/ukroadsetw.grf (md5sum matches)
Added NewGRF: GRF ID 4A430002, checksum 93EAC5F5396584B92D4C5F0AAAF3F6C5, filename: industrial_stations_renewal-1.0.2/indstatr.grf (md5sum matches)
Added NewGRF: GRF ID 4D560000, checksum A420B01EE556C4C8EC7E8A59E4CC05DB, filename: ikarus_set-6beta/testfilew.grf (md5sum matches)
Added NewGRF: GRF ID 41501202, checksum B13DD8FB0D7C34CACAC2FE68BD137BB9, filename: heqs_heavy_equipment_set-1.5.2/heqs.grf (md5sum matches)
Added NewGRF: GRF ID 58534453, checksum 2E100BCA91DB8371CD9D57DBEC3AB0C8, filename: dutch_stations_set-1.0.0alpha/dutchstatw.grf (md5sum matches)
Added NewGRF: GRF ID 504A0110, checksum E8244C5278CB2408A818854DC11F8940, filename: dutch_station_addition_set-0.8/dstatadd_v0_8.grf (md5sum matches)
Added NewGRF: GRF ID 504A0112, checksum 80D0B8699A417CC03CD06BC74E8796D0, filename: dutch_station_addition_part_2-0.4/dstatadd_part2_v0_4.grf (md5sum matches)
Added NewGRF: GRF ID 504A0113, checksum 0B65D0779D65427BC135FC624278FEA3, filename: dutch_station_addition_part_3-001/dstatadd_part3_v001.grf (md5sum matches)
Added NewGRF: GRF ID 504A0013, checksum E2FB4F9E66207F8016B7303323FDD00C, filename: isrdwestyle_objects-1.0/isrdwe_objects_v1_0.grf (md5sum matches)
Added NewGRF: GRF ID 44573452, checksum 48CF5FC0DEB895136F337A7E563FC66D, filename: dwestationtiles_industrial_ter-v0.7/dwe_stat_r.grf (md5sum matches)
Added NewGRF: GRF ID 44578619, checksum B30A5E35634A59D2BDD9C2389CEDBF2C, filename: dwestationtiles__fences-v1.2/fences.grf (md5sum matches)
Added NewGRF: GRF ID 6D620C00, checksum E1DB74D22EF54328944DC767C4F8594F, filename: marico.grf (md5sum matches)
Added NewGRF: GRF ID FBFB0501, checksum 60082E7DF1D3976274AB86843C3E07B2, filename: dutch_road_furniture-0.7.1/dutchroadfurniture.grf (md5sum matches)
Added NewGRF: GRF ID 414E0201, checksum 0DA3A80B986BC3C17C20CA4CE9CA26AA, filename: fish_2-2.0.3/fish.grf (md5sum matches)
Added NewGRF: GRF ID 24252C2C, checksum 4B9D9B1DF2B0C34FABC9AAC8554F9427, filename: hungarian_truck_set-3l/hts.grf (md5sum matches)
Added NewGRF: GRF ID 504A4641, checksum 457DE3A141B99D6BE258981C993B6761, filename: fake_airport_objects-0.1/fakeairportobjects_v0_1.grf (md5sum matches)
Added NewGRF: GRF ID 444E0800, checksum 334F8C4697455569073434DB107F864A, filename: vast_objects-0.3.0/vastobjects.grf (md5sum matches)
Added NewGRF: GRF ID 7D244C0E, checksum BC419F2B1EA283EA0D663BB849318209, filename: huntram_1.1b.grf (md5sum matches)
Added NewGRF: GRF ID 524B0301, checksum BB7BBE4FF23B349D17ED0A682503680C, filename: lightrailtramtracks-0.2/tramtrkw.grf (md5sum matches)
Added NewGRF: GRF ID 43485053, checksum 107210078AB4C22C7D83BA65ED9AF16F, filename: chips_station_set-1.8.0/chips.grf (md5sum matches)
Added NewGRF: GRF ID 4D430207, checksum 8602C9039D1F4E68FDBFF966360C11AE, filename: polroad-44/polroad.grf (md5sum matches)
Added NewGRF: GRF ID 304FE908, checksum F7BCFC491F02F1EDC2D47B28EE2E91D8, filename: city_hqs-rb/chq01.grf (md5sum matches)
Added NewGRF: GRF ID 0100403A, checksum 672F6BEE2570A5820049B6154AC756F1, filename: city_objects-b08.1.5/co08.1.5.grf (md5sum matches)
Added NewGRF: GRF ID 504A0107, checksum 92B822D319E71F920908801AD5751D26, filename: beach_objects-1.2/beach_v1_2.grf (md5sum matches)
Added NewGRF: GRF ID 504A5457, checksum D795341420C564012E262FAB630018C5, filename: town_walls_objects-0.1/townwalls_v0_1.grf (md5sum matches)
Added NewGRF: GRF ID 444C4F53, checksum 39F25FC87E91F7C4E45D9CC11F0FB52B, filename: dutch_landmark_objects_set-0.2/dlos.grf (md5sum matches)
Added NewGRF: GRF ID 48570101, checksum 60EE47680819FD7645E06E63E4DA559B, filename: tars_mountain_lifts-v0.3/tars_mountain_liftsv0.3.grf (md5sum matches)
Added NewGRF: GRF ID 4D4D9910, checksum 3CD3F4D0D98DDC0DB08E9AD74B88A9E2, filename: the_lighthouse_set-1.2/the_lighthouse_set_v1.2.grf (md5sum matches)
Added NewGRF: GRF ID 47474701, checksum D414DB7242E7E3F2E67DD7A1776E41E1, filename: aus_stations_part_1_version_2-4/auzstations_part1_v004.grf (md5sum matches)
Added NewGRF: GRF ID 47474702, checksum 962BF48BA369F1E752E19B30626F4F83, filename: aus_stations_part_2_version_2-4/auzstations_part2_v004.grf (md5sum matches)
Added NewGRF: GRF ID 47474703, checksum 7B30AF38119C615E1C3A5EAB30D16834, filename: auz_stations_part_3_version_1-3/auzstations_part3_v003.grf (md5sum matches)
Added NewGRF: GRF ID 47474704, checksum 16741F762D5AD626B6F0062F7E948BB8, filename: auz_stations_part_4_version_1-3/auzstations_part4_v003.grf (md5sum matches)
Added NewGRF: GRF ID 47474705, checksum D34D9F4963348A3B21828F938144046E, filename: auzfreightstations-7/auzfreightstations_v007.grf (md5sum matches)
Added NewGRF: GRF ID 50430901, checksum C3AE624A4F431B28FCB52CDB7F7867FA, filename: chips_custom_docks-1.0/chips_docks.grf (md5sum matches)
Added NewGRF: GRF ID 4D470305, checksum 2E96B9AB2BEA686BFF94961AD433A701, filename: basecosts-5.0/basecosts.grf (md5sum matches)
Added NewGRF: GRF ID 52577801, checksum 20B5D8122F2B4AD74ADDA30E44BA8233, filename: opengfx_biggui-2.0.0/ogfx-biggui.grf (md5sum matches)
Added NewGRF: GRF ID 4A4B0501, checksum 018B81283FF5710BFC102AA1FD823787, filename: total_bridge_renewal_set_ukrs-1.0.0/total_bridges.grf (md5sum matches)
Added NewGRF: GRF ID 4D435800, checksum CAD6BCCC884CB3C0A3752596FD619F1D, filename: ukrs2__community_bugfixes-1.05/ukrs2.grf (md5sum matches)
Added NewGRF: GRF ID 4D435801, checksum BCFA6E79B0A570AB804C79F9066A7C7C, filename: ukrs2_addon__community_bugfixes-gobi/ukrs2-addon.grf (md5sum matches)
Added NewGRF: GRF ID 42525416, checksum 4E54BD38BD52E6849AC44DAF85100D74, filename: brtrains-0.5.5.4/brtrains.grf (md5sum matches)
Added NewGRF: GRF ID 554B0008, checksum AFA45C6C4E0A82615316336537E35F80, filename: uk8-0.10/uk8.grf (md5sum matches)
Added NewGRF: GRF ID 4A4B2510, checksum E9A5782D66E2BFCE598AAD8B0EF014EA, filename: brstations-0.0.6/brstations.grf (md5sum matches)
Added NewGRF: GRF ID 4252534F, checksum 25DE8BE3403FF6DB2C98B99B58880486, filename: brobjects-0.0.1/brobjects.grf (md5sum matches)
Added NewGRF: GRF ID 4D4C0100, checksum 1E2A243600434194FB100E72E507D5EF, filename: dutch_catenary-1/dutchcatenary.grf (md5sum matches)
Added NewGRF: GRF ID 47473839, checksum E45A4629CCB533AB9F96108346C58F90, filename: auz_water_and_landscape_objects-4/auzwaterandlandscapeobjects.grf (md5sum matches)
Added NewGRF: GRF ID 47473334, checksum 9765BAA9E745A6CA109551F9CB2F0631, filename: auz_road_and_town_objects-5/auzroadandtownobjects.grf (md5sum matches)
Added NewGRF: GRF ID 47473637, checksum B92937CF339BEA2B70991E0838402D28, filename: auz_farms_and_fences_obects-4/auzfarmandfencesobjects.grf (md5sum matches)
Added NewGRF: GRF ID 47474045, checksum 01EB7E914F4BB56D84872A94FC824B99, filename: auzfake_rails_and_trains_objects-5/auzfakerailsandtrainsobjects.grf (md5sum matches)
Added NewGRF: GRF ID 44442303, checksum 90300B85C4DE1DD192691827B054522D, filename: uk_railway_set_tracks-2.0/pb_trax.grf (md5sum matches)
Added NewGRF: GRF ID 444A5401, checksum 7A049A8029D3AAD33AA231BD2E48D80B, filename: nutracks.grf (md5sum matches)
Added NewGRF: GRF ID 19060801, checksum 6CFC6328D999C140851BFE6514BA277A, filename: bigger_depots.0.3/bigdepot.grf (md5sum matches)
Added NewGRF: GRF ID 44442411, checksum BE3D8201BDE0ABB92F8D9696D93524CC, filename: tai_uk_houses-0.3/tai_uk.grf (md5sum matches)
Added NewGRF: GRF ID 4E4C4853, checksum 1787E1E0E308EB5C4E1A8EFC4A059D71, filename: dutch_terraced_houses-0.3b/nlhs.grf (md5sum matches)
Added NewGRF: GRF ID 72777473, checksum EBEAB33B398DE7F2921F853C496F6F91, filename: uk_town_set-2.2/ukts_2.2.grf (md5sum matches)
Added NewGRF: GRF ID 474A0003, checksum DD20F6752D8C41FBF7A80A9161065C1B, filename: tai_uk_houses_early_mod-modified1gamma1/tai_uk_earlymod.grf (md5sum matches)
Tick 1280: GRF config changed
GRF order changed: 4D470305 moved 19 places downGRF ID 4D470305, filename: basecosts-5.0/basecosts.grf (md5sum matches)
Removed NewGRF: GRF ID 52577801, filename: opengfx_biggui-2.0.0/ogfx-biggui.grf (md5sum matches)
Added NewGRF: GRF ID 4D470305, checksum 2E96B9AB2BEA686BFF94961AD433A701, filename: basecosts-5.0/basecosts.grf (md5sum matches). Gamelog inconsistency: GrfID was already added!
GRF parameter changed: GRF ID 4F472B34, filename: opengfx_landscape-1.1.2/ogfx-landscape.grf (md5sum matches)
GRF parameter changed: GRF ID F1250007, filename: firs_industry_replacement_set_3-3.0.8/firs.grf (md5sum matches)
Tick 1280: game loaded
New game mode: 1 landscape: 1
Tick 11866: game loaded
Revision text changed to jgrpp-0.24.0, savegame version 198, not modified, _openttd_newgrf_version = 0x19000000
Tick 20054: emergency savegame
Tick 20054: emergency savegame
---- gamelog end ----

Recent news messages:

Command Log:
 Showing most recent 14 of 14 commands
   0 | 1978-08-03,  8,   3 | -m----- |        0 x       0, p1: 0x00000010, p2: 0x00000000, cc: 255, lc: 255, cmd: 0x0000013E (CmdPause)
   1 | 1978-08-03,  8,   3 | -ms---- |        0 x       0, p1: 0x00000010, p2: 0x00000000, cc: 255, lc: 255, cmd: 0x0000003E (CmdPause)
   2 | 1978-08-03,  8,   3 | -m----- |        0 x       0, p1: 0x00000004, p2: 0x00000000, cc: 255, lc: 255, cmd: 0x0000013E (CmdPause)
   3 | 1978-08-03,  8,   3 | -ms---- |        0 x       0, p1: 0x00000004, p2: 0x00000000, cc: 255, lc: 255, cmd: 0x0000003E (CmdPause)
   4 | 1978-08-03,  8,   3 | -m----- |        0 x       0, p1: 0x00000004, p2: 0x00000001, cc: 255, lc: 255, cmd: 0x0000013E (CmdPause)
   5 | 1978-08-03,  8,   3 | -ms---- |        0 x       0, p1: 0x00000004, p2: 0x00000001, cc: 255, lc: 255, cmd: 0x0000003E (CmdPause)
   6 | 1978-08-03,  8,   3 | -m----- |        0 x       0, p1: 0x00000020, p2: 0x00000000, cc: 255, lc: 255, cmd: 0x0000013E (CmdPause)
   7 | 1978-08-03,  8,   3 | -m----- |        0 x       0, p1: 0x0000008D, p2: 0x00000000, cc: 255, lc: 255, cmd: 0x00000168 (CmdChangeSetting)
   8 | 1978-08-03,  8,   3 | -m----- |        0 x       0, p1: 0x000000A3, p2: 0x00000002, cc: 255, lc: 255, cmd: 0x00000168 (CmdChangeSetting)
   9 | 1978-08-03,  8,   3 | -m----- |        0 x       0, p1: 0x00000020, p2: 0x00000001, cc: 255, lc: 255, cmd: 0x0000013E (CmdPause)
  10 | 1978-08-03,  8,   3 | -m----- |        0 x       0, p1: 0x00000010, p2: 0x00000001, cc: 255, lc: 255, cmd: 0x0000013E (CmdPause)
  11 | 1978-08-03,  8,   3 | -m----- |        0 x       0, p1: 0x00000002, p2: 0x00000000, cc: 255, lc: 255, cmd: 0x0000013E (CmdPause)
  12 | 1978-08-03,  8,   3 | -ms---- |        0 x       0, p1: 0x00000010, p2: 0x00000001, cc: 255, lc: 255, cmd: 0x0000003E (CmdPause)
  13 | 1978-08-03,  8,   3 | -ms---- |        0 x       0, p1: 0x00000002, p2: 0x00000000, cc: 255, lc: 255, cmd: 0x0000003E (CmdPause)

*** End of OpenTTD Crash Report ***
Attachments
crash.sav
(3.33 MiB) Downloaded 45 times
Regards,

Tinny/Tintinfan. :)
ino
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by ino »

Alberth wrote:
ino wrote:Try ../configure CC=gcc-4.9 CXX=g++-4.9 --without-lzma

Not sure though.
Standard place for environment overrides in Unices is before the actual command, ie

From what I understand, for configure and make it is preferred to be passed as parameter instead of environment variable. But both works.
Snail
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Snail »

Thanks for your suggestions, guys!
Alberth wrote:Standard place for environment overrides in Unices is before the actual command, ie

This seems to work in "bash", but not in "tcsh".
JGR wrote:You probably need to set both CC and CXX instead of just CC.
OK, so here's what I tried:

./configure CC=gcc-4.9 CXX=g++-4.9 --without-lzma --cpu-type=64
I had to specify the CPU type, to make it work. With this, "configure" works fine. However, when I then run the following:

make CXXFLAGS="--std=gnu++11" -j 4
the compiler exits almost immediately, with this error message:
[+] Spoiler

make[1]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
[SRC] DEP CHECK (all files)
[SRC] Compiling 3rdparty/md5/md5.cpp
[SRC] Compiling 3rdparty/squirrel/sqstdlib/sqstdaux.cpp
[SRC] Compiling 3rdparty/squirrel/sqstdlib/sqstdmath.cpp
[SRC] Compiling 3rdparty/squirrel/squirrel/sqapi.cpp
                 from /roba/ottdjgr/src/3rdparty/squirrel/sqstdlib/../../../os/macosx/osx_stdafx.h:87,
                 from /roba/ottdjgr/src/3rdparty/squirrel/sqstdlib/../../../stdafx.h:16,
                 from /roba/ottdjgr/src/3rdparty/squirrel/sqstdlib/sqstdmath.cpp:3:
                                  ^
                                  ^
                                  ^
                                  ^
                                  ^
                 from /roba/ottdjgr/src/3rdparty/squirrel/sqstdlib/../../../os/macosx/osx_stdafx.h:87,
                                                                                                    ^
                                                                                                                              ^
                                                                                                                              ^
                                                                                                                              ^
                                                                                                                              ^
 CF_EXTERN_C_END
 ^
                 from /roba/ottdjgr/src/3rdparty/squirrel/sqstdlib/sqstdaux.cpp:3:
                                  ^
                                  ^
                                  ^
                                  ^
                                  ^
                                                                                                    ^
                                                                                                                              ^
                                                                                                                              ^
                                                                                                                              ^
                                                                                                                              ^
 CF_EXTERN_C_END
 ^
                 from /roba/ottdjgr/src/3rdparty/md5/../../os/macosx/osx_stdafx.h:87,
                 from /roba/ottdjgr/src/3rdparty/md5/../../stdafx.h:16,
                 from /roba/ottdjgr/src/3rdparty/md5/md5.cpp:59:
                                  ^
                                  ^
                                  ^
                                  ^
                                  ^
                                                                                                    ^
                                                                                                                              ^
                                                                                                                              ^
                                                                                                                              ^
                                                                                                                              ^
 CF_EXTERN_C_END
 ^
make[1]: *** [3rdparty/squirrel/sqstdlib/sqstdaux.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [3rdparty/squirrel/sqstdlib/sqstdmath.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [3rdparty/md5/md5.o] Error 1
                 from /roba/ottdjgr/src/3rdparty/squirrel/squirrel/../../../os/macosx/osx_stdafx.h:87,
                 from /roba/ottdjgr/src/3rdparty/squirrel/squirrel/../../../stdafx.h:16,
                 from /roba/ottdjgr/src/3rdparty/squirrel/squirrel/sqapi.cpp:5:
                                  ^
                                  ^
                                  ^
                                  ^
                                  ^
                 from /roba/ottdjgr/src/3rdparty/squirrel/squirrel/../../../os/macosx/osx_stdafx.h:87,
                                                                                                    ^
                                                                                                                              ^
                                                                                                                              ^
                                                                                                                              ^
                                                                                                                              ^
 CF_EXTERN_C_END
 ^
make[1]: *** [3rdparty/squirrel/squirrel/sqapi.o] Error 1
If, instead, I don't specify "CXX=g++-4.9" in the "./configure", the compiler goes on and finds an error at the same place I had written before ("This file requires compiler and library support for the ISO C++ 2011 standard. This support is currently experimental, and must be enabled with the -std=c++11 or -std=gnu++11 compiler options.")

I tried to run "make" with different syntaxes, such as:

make CXXFLAGS="--std=gnu++11" bundle -j 4
make CXXFLAGS="-std=gnu++11" bundle -j 4
make CXXFLAGS="--std=c++11" bundle -j 4
make CXXFLAGS="-std=c++11" bundle -j 4
but they all failed with the same error.

Even embedding the CXXFLAGS in the configure such as:

./configure CC=gcc-4.9 CXXFLAGS="--std=gnu++11" --without-lzma
and then running "make" ends up in the same error.

I then decided to give gcc8 (instead of gcc4.9) a try:

./configure CC=gcc-8 CXX=g++-8 --without-lzma
make CXXFLAGS="--std=gnu++11" -j 4
Funnily enough, this one displays different warnings, and fails mentioning a different error:
[+] Spoiler

[SRC] Compiling music/extmidi.cpp
In file included from /roba/ottdjgr/src/music.cpp:16:
/roba/ottdjgr/src/base_media_func.h: In instantiation of 'bool BaseSet<T, Tnum_files, Tsearch_in_tars>::FillSetDetails(IniFile*, const char*, const char*, bool) [with T = MusicSet; long unsigned int Tnum_files = 31; bool Tsearch_in_tars = false]':
/roba/ottdjgr/src/music.cpp:65:105:   required from here
/roba/ottdjgr/src/base_media_func.h:43:8: warning: 'void* memset(void*, int, size_t)' clearing an object of type 'struct BaseSet<MusicSet, 31, false>' with no trivial copy-assignment; use assignment or value-initialization instead [-Wclass-memaccess]
  memset(this, 0, sizeof(*this));
  ~~~~~~^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In file included from /roba/ottdjgr/src/base_media_func.h:15,
                 from /roba/ottdjgr/src/music.cpp:16:
/roba/ottdjgr/src/base_media_base.h:48:8: note: 'struct BaseSet<MusicSet, 31, false>' declared here
 struct BaseSet {
        ^~~~~~~
[SRC] Compiling music/midifile.cpp
[SRC] Compiling music/null_m.cpp
In file included from /System/Library/Frameworks/AudioToolbox.framework/Headers/AudioUnit.h:16,
                 from /System/Library/Frameworks/AudioUnit.framework/Headers/AudioUnit.h:1,
                 from /roba/ottdjgr/src/music/cocoa_m.cpp:26:
/System/Library/Frameworks/AudioToolbox.framework/Headers/AudioComponent.h:510:39: error: expected ')' before '' token
                                 void (^inCompletionHandler)(AudioComponentInstance __nullable, OSStatus))
                                      ~^
                                       )
/System/Library/Frameworks/AudioToolbox.framework/Headers/AudioComponent.h:510:39: error: expected ')' before '' token
                                       ^
                                       )
/System/Library/Frameworks/AudioToolbox.framework/Headers/AudioComponent.h:508:26: note: to match this '('
 AudioComponentInstantiate(      AudioComponent                      inComponent,
                          ^
/System/Library/Frameworks/AudioToolbox.framework/Headers/AudioComponent.h:510:39: error: expected initializer before '^' token
                                       ^
In file included from /System/Library/Frameworks/AudioToolbox.framework/Headers/AudioServices.h:21,
                 from /System/Library/Frameworks/AudioToolbox.framework/Headers/AudioToolbox.h:26,
                 from /roba/ottdjgr/src/music/cocoa_m.cpp:27:
/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreAudio.framework/Headers/AudioHardware.h:162:2: error: expected unqualified-id before '^' token
 (^AudioObjectPropertyListenerBlock)(    UInt32                              inNumberAddresses,
  ^
/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreAudio.framework/Headers/AudioHardware.h:162:2: error: expected ')' before '^' token
 (^AudioObjectPropertyListenerBlock)(    UInt32                              inNumberAddresses,
 ~^
  )
In file included from /System/Library/Frameworks/AudioToolbox.framework/Headers/AudioServices.h:21,
                 from /System/Library/Frameworks/AudioToolbox.framework/Headers/AudioToolbox.h:26,
/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreAudio.framework/Headers/AudioHardware.h:400:41: error: 'AudioObjectPropertyListenerBlock' has not been declared
                                         AudioObjectPropertyListenerBlock    inListener)             __OSX_AVAILABLE_STARTING(__MAC_10_7, __IPHONE_7_0);
                                         ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreAudio.framework/Headers/AudioHardware.h:421:41: error: 'AudioObjectPropertyListenerBlock' has not been declared
                                         AudioObjectPropertyListenerBlock    inListener)             __OSX_AVAILABLE_STARTING(__MAC_10_7, __IPHONE_7_0);
                                         ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreAudio.framework/Headers/AudioHardware.h:804:2: error: expected unqualified-id before '^' token
 (^AudioDeviceIOBlock)(  const AudioTimeStamp*   inNow,
  ^
/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreAudio.framework/Headers/AudioHardware.h:804:2: error: expected ')' before '^' token
 (^AudioDeviceIOBlock)(  const AudioTimeStamp*   inNow,
 ~^
  )
/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreAudio.framework/Headers/AudioHardware.h:1343:37: error: 'AudioDeviceIOBlock' has not been declared
                                     AudioDeviceIOBlock                          inIOBlock)                              __OSX_AVAILABLE_STARTING(__MAC_10_7, __IPHONE_7_0);
                                     ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In file included from /System/Library/Frameworks/AudioToolbox.framework/Headers/AudioToolbox.h:26,
/System/Library/Frameworks/AudioToolbox.framework/Headers/AudioServices.h:198:51: error: expected ')' before '^' token
                                             void (^__nullable inCompletionBlock)(void))
                                                  ~^
                                                   )
/System/Library/Frameworks/AudioToolbox.framework/Headers/AudioServices.h:198:51: error: expected ')' before '^' token
                                                   ^
                                                   )
/System/Library/Frameworks/AudioToolbox.framework/Headers/AudioServices.h:197:42: note: to match this '('
 AudioServicesPlayAlertSoundWithCompletion(  SystemSoundID inSystemSoundID,
                                          ^
/System/Library/Frameworks/AudioToolbox.framework/Headers/AudioServices.h:198:51: error: expected initializer before '^' token
                                                   ^
/System/Library/Frameworks/AudioToolbox.framework/Headers/AudioServices.h:214:55: error: expected ')' before '^' token
                                                      ~^
                                                       )
/System/Library/Frameworks/AudioToolbox.framework/Headers/AudioServices.h:214:55: error: expected ')' before '^' token
                                                       ^
                                                       )
/System/Library/Frameworks/AudioToolbox.framework/Headers/AudioServices.h:213:43: note: to match this '('
 AudioServicesPlaySystemSoundWithCompletion(     SystemSoundID inSystemSoundID,
                                           ^
/System/Library/Frameworks/AudioToolbox.framework/Headers/AudioServices.h:214:55: error: expected initializer before '^' token
                                                       ^
In file included from /System/Library/Frameworks/AudioToolbox.framework/Headers/MusicPlayer.h:44,
                 from /System/Library/Frameworks/AudioToolbox.framework/Headers/AudioToolbox.h:32,
/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreMIDI.framework/Headers/MIDIServices.h:300:2: error: expected unqualified-id before '^' token
 (^MIDINotifyBlock)(const MIDINotification *message);
  ^
/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreMIDI.framework/Headers/MIDIServices.h:300:2: error: expected ')' before '^' token
 (^MIDINotifyBlock)(const MIDINotification *message);
 ~^
  )
/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreMIDI.framework/Headers/MIDIServices.h:343:2: error: expected unqualified-id before '^' token
 (^MIDIReadBlock)(const MIDIPacketList *pktlist, void * __nullable srcConnRefCon);
  ^
/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreMIDI.framework/Headers/MIDIServices.h:343:2: error: expected ')' before '^' token
 (^MIDIReadBlock)(const MIDIPacketList *pktlist, void * __nullable srcConnRefCon);
 ~^
  )
In file included from /System/Library/Frameworks/AudioToolbox.framework/Headers/MusicPlayer.h:44,
                 from /System/Library/Frameworks/AudioToolbox.framework/Headers/AudioToolbox.h:32,
/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreMIDI.framework/Headers/MIDIServices.h:1154:6: error: 'MIDINotifyBlock' has not been declared
      MIDINotifyBlock __nullable notifyBlock )   __OSX_AVAILABLE_STARTING(__MAC_10_11, __IPHONE_9_0);
      ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreMIDI.framework/Headers/MIDIServices.h:1240:9: error: 'MIDIReadBlock' has not been declared
         MIDIReadBlock readBlock ) __OSX_AVAILABLE_STARTING(__MAC_10_11, __IPHONE_9_0);
         ^~~~~~~~~~~~~
/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreMIDI.framework/Headers/MIDIServices.h:1643:9: error: 'MIDIReadBlock' has not been declared
         MIDIReadBlock   readBlock ) __OSX_AVAILABLE_STARTING(__MAC_10_11, __IPHONE_9_0);
         ^~~~~~~~~~~~~
make[1]: *** [music/cocoa_m.o] Error 1
It seems to me it really depends on the version of gcc I'm running. Which one is required to successfully compile this patchpack?
Otherwise, any further suggestions about what I might be doing wrong? I tested all this both in tcsh and bash, and got the same results... :?
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

Tintinfan wrote:Good Evening,

Great work as always. :D Upgraded the server to the latest version and we set out to try the new freight loading features, only to have the server implode. Log in spoiler and save attached.
It looks like the handling of the attached refit order is the problem.
If you remove those it works correctly in the current release (in any case the two refit orders are the wrong way round, such that the train is always mostly empty).
I've committed a fix which will be in the next release.
In the meantime, you can avoid the crash on load by loading whilst paused, using the skip button to advance the train to the next order, and then removing the refit orders.
For reference its "Great Eastern Railways" train 37.
Snail wrote:It seems to me it really depends on the version of gcc I'm running. Which one is required to successfully compile this patchpack?
Otherwise, any further suggestions about what I might be doing wrong? I tested all this both in tcsh and bash, and got the same results... :?
I can't test or debug Apple-specific issues, so do not know which if any version will work.
There are several OSX-specific changes in trunk/upstream which I've merged. I have assumed that these are all correct and reasonable as I don't really have any way of determining otherwise.
Can you build the upstream trunk master (i.e. https://github.com/OpenTTD/OpenTTD ) successfully?
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

On OSX I'd suggest just using clang, that should be the default anyway.

The errors suggest that the OSX system headers use non-standard syntax supported by clang.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
Snail
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Snail »

JGR wrote:On OSX I'd suggest just using clang, that should be the default anyway.

The errors suggest that the OSX system headers use non-standard syntax supported by clang.
Thanks. My default was gcc4.2.1, which is not supported by your patchpack (it required gcc4.6 or newer).

What syntax should I use, for "configure" and "make", to switch to clang instead?
ino
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by ino »

Snail wrote:
JGR wrote:On OSX I'd suggest just using clang, that should be the default anyway.

Thanks. My default was gcc4.2.1, which is not supported by your patchpack (it required gcc4.6 or newer).

What syntax should I use, for "configure" and "make", to switch to clang instead?
On OSX, clang is standard compiler, not GCC. It also appears that the header/library file you have for your system is for clang, and not GCC, so no matter what version of GCC you use, it won't succeed. By default the system should use clang, so reverse whatever you did to install GCC?

I don't know how to switch to clang as I don't know how you install GCC 4.2.1 in the first place. And I am not using OSX either.
Snail
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Snail »

ino wrote: On OSX, clang is standard compiler, not GCC. It also appears that the header/library file you have for your system is for clang, and not GCC, so no matter what version of GCC you use, it won't succeed. By default the system should use clang, so reverse whatever you did to install GCC?

I don't know how to switch to clang as I don't know how you install GCC 4.2.1 in the first place. And I am not using OSX either.
Well, the first time I tried to compile this, I did the same way as I'd do for plain OTTD, just using "configure" and "make" without specifying anything. This usually works for trunk. However, when applied to this patch pack, "make" failed, telling me I was using gcc4.2.1 while the patch pack required gcc4.6 .

I remember reading somewhere that Xcode still uses gcc4.2.1 as default, so this is consistent with what I found.

This is why I had to change compiler in the first place.
I can retry it later today and post the same message I got (I'm not at my computer right now).

I'm not sure what I was using by default, so if there's any way to specify I want to use clang onstage of gcc, I'd be happy to know it so that I can test that too.
andythenorth
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by andythenorth »

Snail wrote:so if there's any way to specify I want to use clang onstage of gcc, I'd be happy to know it so that I can test that too.
Step 1: what do you get from this? :)

clang --version
Tintinfan
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Tintinfan »

JGR wrote:
Tintinfan wrote:Good Evening,

It looks like the handling of the attached refit order is the problem.
If you remove those it works correctly in the current release (in any case the two refit orders are the wrong way round, such that the train is always mostly empty).
I've committed a fix which will be in the next release.
In the meantime, you can avoid the crash on load by loading whilst paused, using the skip button to advance the train to the next order, and then removing the refit orders.
For reference its "Great Eastern Railways" train 37.
Many thanks for your quick reply and soultion! It's all good now and we'll look forward to the fix, thanks again for all your hard work.
Regards,

Tinny/Tintinfan. :)
Snail
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Snail »

andythenorth wrote:
Snail wrote:so if there's any way to specify I want to use clang onstage of gcc, I'd be happy to know it so that I can test that too.
Step 1: what do you get from this? :)

clang --version
I get the following:

Apple LLVM version 9.0.0 (clang-900.0.39.2)
Target: x86_64-apple-darwin16.7.0
Thread model: posix
InstalledDir: /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin
But if I try to run the following:

./configure CC=clang CXXFLAGS="--std=gnu++11" --without-lzma
the configurator tells me GCC is too old...
[+] Spoiler

checking awk... awk
detecting OS... OSX
checking build system type... x86_64-apple-darwin16.7.0
checking host system type... x86_64-apple-darwin16.7.0
checking universal build... no
checking build cc... clang
checking host cc... clang
checking build c++... clang++
checking host c++... clang++
checking strip... disabled
checking builtin depend... yes
checking makedepend... disabled
detecting cpu-type... 64 bits
detecting SSE... found
checking static... no
checking unicode... no
using debug level... no
using desync debug level... no
using link time optimization... no
checking OSX sysroot... no (use system default)
checking Allegro... OSX, skipping
checking SDL... OSX, skipping
checking COCOA... found
checking whether to enable the Quartz window subdriver... yes
checking Quickdraw window subdriver... disabled (64 bits)
checking GDI video driver... not Windows, skipping
checking dedicated... not selected
checking console application... not Windows, skipping
checking network... found
checking squirrel... found
checking translator... no
checking assert... enabled
checking zlib... found
checking liblzma... disabled
WARNING: lzma was not detected or disabled
WARNING: OpenTTD doesn't require lzma, but it does mean that many features
WARNING: (like loading most savegames/scenarios and joining most servers)
WARNING: will be disabled.
WARNING: We strongly suggest you to install liblzma.
configure: error: no liblzma detected
checking lzo2... found
checking libxdg-basedir... not found
checking libpng... found
checking freetype2... found
checking libfontconfig... OSX, skipping
checking icu-lx... found
checking icu-i18n... found
checking libtimidity... not found
checking direct-music... not Windows, skipping
checking sort... sort
suppress language errors... no
checking stripping... skipped
checking distcc... no (only used when forced)
checking ccache... no (only used when forced)
checking grfcodec... not found
checking nforenum... not found
detecting ppc970 (G5)... no
checking revision... source release version
checking iconv... found
checking if iconv has non-const inbuf... yes
checking whether to link to iconv... yes
personal home directory... Documents/OpenTTD
shared data directory... /Library/Application\ Support/OpenTTD
installation directory... /
icon theme directory... none
manual page directory... share/man/man6
menu item directory... none
configure: error: GCC version is too old: 4.2.1, minumum: 4.7
This is the same error message I got the first time I tried to compile the patch. That's what led me to try and use gcc 4.9 to begin with.

:cry:

-EDIT- I just successfully compiled plain OTTD again... simply using "./configure CC=clang CXX=clang++" and "make bundle -j 4" as commands. Which makes me even more puzzled :cry: :cry:

Return to “OpenTTD Development”