JGR's Patch Pack

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

jfs
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: JGR's Patch Pack

Post by jfs »

Eddi wrote: 19 Jun 2021 19:30 i'm pretty sure this feature was already in TT original (1994), before even TTD
Yeah it has always been like that.

For why the roads upgrade, it's a side effect of the commercial buildings part of the "fund new buildings" town action. For the town to build new large commercial buildings, it needs to have an inner town zone, so one of the things the action does is temporarily expand the effective town radius, so the town has an inner zone that will allow those buildings to be built. This has the side effect of changing the visual style of the town roads, since the sidewalk style depends on town zone the road happens to be in.
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

JGR wrote: 19 Jun 2021 13:32
This is probably because the eGRVTS2 GRF seems to have been changed a few times. It appears that there are two different WIP versions of eGRVTS2 referenced, one of which has been missing on some load/saves.
Probably some discrepancy between the two resulted in the issue with road vehicle 7. The rear part is in the depot but the leading horse decided to wander off elsewhere.
I understand, it will be best to delete the game, further changing the graphics could cause even more confusion. I'll start a new one.
gebik
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by gebik »

JGR wrote: 15 Aug 2015 12:53
MLG wrote: 18 Jun 2021 18:59 Hi, JGR, I have a two small questions:
  • Which conditions are required for a sprite to be replaced with a "?" ? It happened for me in a newspaper pop-up about a first boat at a another company's dock and when I noticed it, I have clicked on it, and the "?" was replaced back by boat, maybe because I have looked at that place? I wasn't able to reproduce it later.
I have been observing this for a while and I will summarise my observations:
  • This happens at 100% with a "Marstain Freighter" (I hope it's correctly spelled, don't remember it clearly) from Squid ate FISH. It might be possible with other ships. FISH is also present.
  • This happens only when the ship first arrives at station and pop-up shows when player is not looking there and client side of game haven't seen the ship yet. (this means it must be done in MP)
  • It can probably happen only once per colour scheme.
  • When player moves to the ship, it changes to normal ship image.
Are you an eye candy player? Check out Invisible engine set! viewtopic.php?f=67&t=88934
You can write to me in English, or Czech. Můžete mi psát česky nebo anglicky.

Formerly known as MLG.
gebik
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by gebik »

MLG wrote: 20 Jun 2021 18:39 have been observing this for a while and I will summarise my observations:
  • This happens at 100% with a "Marstain Freighter" (I hope it's correctly spelled, don't remember it clearly) from Squid ate FISH. It might be possible with other ships. FISH is also present.
  • This happens only when the ship first arrives at station and pop-up shows when player is not looking there and client side of game haven't seen the ship yet. (this means it must be done in MP)
  • It can probably happen only once per colour scheme.
  • When player moves to the ship, it changes to normal ship image.
I have finally been able to reproduce it and have opened an issue at JGRpp's GitHub. Make note that this needs more investigating. Link: https://github.com/JGRennison/OpenTTD-p ... issues/289
Are you an eye candy player? Check out Invisible engine set! viewtopic.php?f=67&t=88934

Formerly known as MLG.
einsteinyh
Engineer
Engineer

Post by einsteinyh »

I've been looking to public roads' branch on Github, and I really like the progress I've seen :mrgreen: . May I suggest a feature for a future release? :roll: Implement a toggle to use the serpentine roads or more straight ones, I like to create intercity highways to use with fast vehicles, and having some straight(er) roads frome the beginning would be useful to that task.
I write it here, as I don't know suggesting it on the branch history directly was apropiate.
Thanks for your work, I really apreciate it. :bow:
tabytac
Engineer
Engineer

Post by tabytac »

Wow those changes in v0.42.0 look amazing! Thanks for all of the work you have put into this patch pack over the years!
gebik
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by gebik »

Fix incorrect infrastructure accounting when moving a signalled tunnel/bridge to another company with a different signal spacing setting, causing multiplayer desyncs.
Does it mean that it is possible to move an infrastructure to another company? EDIT: No, it is probably not possible there.
Last edited by gebik on 04 Jul 2021 16:50, edited 1 time in total.

Formerly known as MLG.
gebik
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by gebik »

Hi, JGR,
is it normal that public roads don't show up in large area view? Town owned roads are showing up as black-ish, so maybe those roads could share same colour. Unless anything changed my settings, it should be that company ownership map version.

Also it would be definitely worth it to consider a minimum speed limit for a bridge if there is a faster one possible. I saw in one of testing and tweaking games a wooden bridge on a what-could-be-called-a-major-road. I would vote for a user setting for this job.

And a wish for ability to buy other companies in MP when everybody in that company agrees to sell it, and then merge that companies and players build together. Maybe also ability to buy infrastructure from other player company too, this would be only from a player company to prevent AI crashes.
EDIT to avoid bumping: In addiction to public roads, I got an idea of selecting NewGRFs from active NewGRF list, game would then put their road (tram not) RVs in game as randomly roaming traffic. It would put x (x is user setting) RVs per town, they would use player roads even with infrastructure sharing off, would not use stops and not break down or break down and use company depots to repair for same amount of money as it would be player vehicle, which will companies earn from them. Italics would be a on/off switch. There is an AI for similar thing, however it is broken by NRT...
Attachments
close view.png
proof of roads existence
(625.31 KiB) Not downloaded yet
far away view.png
no roads?
(559.42 KiB) Not downloaded yet
wooden bridge.png
what?
(184.46 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Formerly known as MLG.
Lt_Joker
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Lt_Joker »

The public road feature was kind of meant to create a very minimal road network, not a highspeed one. So the use of slow road types and bridges is kind of intentional. Otherwise what's left to improve for the player :P That would kind of turn it into a cheat because you save infrastruture cost ;) The gameplay should still be that you improve the existing stuff.
gebik
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by gebik »

Lt_Joker wrote: 04 Jul 2021 17:01 The public road feature was kind of meant to create a very minimal road network, not a highspeed one. So the use of slow road types and bridges is kind of intentional. Otherwise what's left to improve for the player :P That would kind of turn it into a cheat because you save infrastruture cost ;) The gameplay should still be that you improve the existing stuff.
Thanks for clarification!

Formerly known as MLG.
Taschi
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Taschi »

The juxtaposition of an asphalt road with pristine lane markings on a wooden bridge still looks kind of odd, even with that (very reasonable) gameplay justification.
´
gebik
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by gebik »

Hi,
I have another bug report: With 2CC trains (maybe also other NewGRF trains too) everything including locomotives seems in new purchase menu to have capacity of 1 passenger. Reality is with correct capacities, however that makes buying some new trains quite harder. :) Default trains have this problem not.
I now also see that I forgot to change language to English, so look for "kapacita: 1 cestující", which means "capacity: 1 passenger" it is 5th line of loco/wagon details.
Attachments
strange capacity.png
Is this a bug?
(128.65 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Formerly known as MLG.
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

The bug has been there for a long time, it's a 2cc set bug, not a patchpack bug.
Edit: I'm sorry, I thought it was the same bug as the Multiple Unit Wagon. In the Vanilla version, this is correct.
gebik
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by gebik »

It was also correct in 0.41.2...
It somehow puts different capacities with different train sets.
Timberwolf's UK train set:
Timberwolf.png
(203.15 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Here it was in vanilla subtropic and it seems to put there wood instead of passengers.
V4 Train set:
V4.png
(284.7 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Vanilla temperate...

Formerly known as MLG.
mak
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by mak »

Sorry to report an assertion fail (line 128) and a crash
crash-20210705T075722Z.sav
(1009.8 KiB) Downloaded 54 times
In add file the log file is not available, although when I look for it elsewhere it is is ????
gebik
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by gebik »

mak wrote: 05 Jul 2021 08:28 Sorry to report an assertion fail (line 128) and a crash

In add file the log file is not available, although when I look for it elsewhere it is is ????
What did you do there? I have downloaded save to try to generate a log file... Do you have last autosave before crash, so we can reproduce it?

Formerly known as MLG.
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

mak wrote: 05 Jul 2021 08:28 Sorry to report an assertion fail (line 128) and a crash

I've extracted the log from the savegame. The crash is caused by the new train purchase window.
MLG wrote: 05 Jul 2021 06:15 It was also correct in 0.41.2...
It somehow puts different capacities with different train sets.
Timberwolf's UK train set:
Timberwolf.png
Here it was in vanilla subtropic and it seems to put there wood instead of passengers.
V4 Train set:
V4.png
Vanilla temperate...
For now I'd recommend switching to the standard window in the settings.
The setting is "Separate locomotives and wagons in train purchase window".
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
gebik
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by gebik »

HI, JGR,
have you missed this my post?
MLG wrote: 04 Jul 2021 16:11 Hi, JGR,
is it normal that public roads don't show up in large area view? Town owned roads are showing up as black-ish, so maybe those roads could share same colour. Unless anything changed my settings, it should be that company ownership map version.
This would be really nice for planning.
Also it would be definitely worth it to consider a minimum speed limit for a bridge if there is a faster one possible. I saw in one of testing and tweaking games a wooden bridge on a what-could-be-called-a-major-road. I would vote for a user setting for this job.
This probably not, since Joker explained it.
And a wish for ability to buy other companies in MP when everybody in that company agrees to sell it, and then merge that companies and players build together. Maybe also ability to buy infrastructure from other player company too, this would be only from a player company to prevent AI crashes.
This would be good for those friendly or cooperative games.
EDIT to avoid bumping: In addiction to public roads, I got an idea of selecting NewGRFs from active NewGRF list, game would then put their road (tram not) RVs in game as randomly roaming traffic. It would put x (x is user setting) RVs per town, they would use player roads even with infrastructure sharing off, would not use stops and not break down or break down and use company depots to repair for same amount of money as it would be player vehicle, which will companies earn from them. Italics would be a on/off switch. There is an AI for similar thing, however it is broken by NRT...
Neutral traffic would be nice add-on to public roads... If this would be implemented, road priorities and maybe traffic lights would be good too.

Formerly known as MLG.
mak
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by mak »

JGR wrote: 05 Jul 2021 09:56

I've extracted the log from the savegame. The crash is caused by the new train purchase window.
MLG wrote: 05 Jul 2021 06:15
Thank you it works
gebik
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by gebik »

mak wrote: 05 Jul 2021 13:29
Hi, it seems you made a mistake using citations. Here is correctly made post, just copy this instead of your post in edit mode:

Code: Select all

[quote=JGR post_id=1246657 time=1625479015 user_id=7919]
[quote=mak post_id=1246654 time=1625473682 user_id=95015]
Sorry to report an assertion fail (line 128) and a crash

[/quote]

[/quote]

[b]Thank you it works[/b]
EDIT: Small tip for you: if you use the button "preview", which is next to "submit" button, it generates your post without actually posting it. This is useful for checking your post if you format it.
Last edited by gebik on 05 Jul 2021 13:41, edited 1 time in total.

Formerly known as MLG.

Return to “OpenTTD Development”