JGR's Patch Pack

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

HackaLittleBit
Director
Director

Re: JGR's Patch Pack

Post by HackaLittleBit »

Fair enough.
I will include it in my patch.

Regards
HackaLittleBit
Director
Director

Post by HackaLittleBit »

JGR wrote: Also after doing a bit of testing, it seems slightly odd that plopping a single canal tile down is enough to trigger chunnel creation
Below patch fixes that.
Chunnels should only be allowed to pass sea!
That was always my intention in the first place.
Attachments
chunnel only passing sea.patch
(1.52 KiB) Downloaded 45 times
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

HackaLittleBit wrote:
JGR wrote: Also after doing a bit of testing, it seems slightly odd that plopping a single canal tile down is enough to trigger chunnel creation
Below patch fixes that.
Chunnels should only be allowed to pass sea!
That was always my intention in the first place.
Thanks, I've merged this, and merged the chunnel branch into the main jgrpp branch.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
3iff
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by 3iff »

Just to confirm the recent problems I reported all seem to have been fixed now. Thanks for your continued work on this patch pack.
Thokeren
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Thokeren »

Maybe I missed something but, how can I make the days longer? Is it possible? I have the time with minutes, etc but the days are advancing so fast for me. Any way to slow it? I tried all options but nothing :-/
mak
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by mak »

Assuming using JGR's patch from opening screen... settings...accounting...day length factor
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

The addition of the custom bridgehead patch is much appreciated, naturally I got carried away and managed to break it. :P

It seems building roads across a tram only bridge causes issues: the tram flew off the bridge and kept going in a straight line and the bridge was not removable because the game thought the tram was still on there. When I tried to reproduce the problem, the whole game froze.
Attachments
bridgebug.PNG
bridgebug.PNG (107.99 KiB) Viewed 2341 times
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

Emperor Jake wrote:The addition of the custom bridgehead patch is much appreciated, naturally I got carried away and managed to break it. :P

It seems building roads across a tram only bridge causes issues: the tram flew off the bridge and kept going in a straight line and the bridge was not removable because the game thought the tram was still on there. When I tried to reproduce the problem, the whole game froze.
Thanks for reporting this issue.
I can't seem to reproduce it with a similar bridge configuration though. Would you be able to upload a savegame, and let me know what version and platform you're running?
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

I figured out how to reproduce it, it has nothing to do with trams and it only works in that exact landscape configuration. You have to have a rear facing (it doesn't work with all angles, but I didn't test them all) double diagonal slope with a bridgehead on it, then drag a road perpendicularly on it so that it creates a step in the road. Any vehicles entering the near side will turn around, and vehicles entering the far side will continue in a straight line until the end of the map, then the game crashes.
Here's a savegame, I'm using jgrpp 0.17.2 on Windows 10 64-bit. Thanks for your quick response on the issue :)
Attachments
bridgebug2.PNG
bridgebug2.PNG (119.53 KiB) Viewed 2301 times
Sonninghall Transport, 1945-01-15.sav
(197.27 KiB) Downloaded 36 times
supermop
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by supermop »

Emperor Jake wrote:I figured out how to reproduce it, it has nothing to do with trams and it only works in that exact landscape configuration. You have to have a rear facing (it doesn't work with all angles, but I didn't test them all) double diagonal slope with a bridgehead on it, then drag a road perpendicularly on it so that it creates a step in the road. Any vehicles entering the near side will turn around, and vehicles entering the far side will continue in a straight line until the end of the map, then the game crashes.
Here's a savegame, I'm using jgrpp 0.17.2 on Windows 10 64-bit. Thanks for your quick response on the issue :)
I have to say, I am a fan of launching buses and trams off the map from bridge heads
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

Emperor Jake wrote:I figured out how to reproduce it, it has nothing to do with trams and it only works in that exact landscape configuration. You have to have a rear facing (it doesn't work with all angles, but I didn't test them all) double diagonal slope with a bridgehead on it, then drag a road perpendicularly on it so that it creates a step in the road. Any vehicles entering the near side will turn around, and vehicles entering the far side will continue in a straight line until the end of the map, then the game crashes.
Thanks for diagnosing this, I've reproduced it and implemented fixes, they'll be in the next release.
The existing custom bridge heads code basically doesn't handle steep slopes at all, not sure how that managed to slip past :/.
The surface height of a custom bridge head was always assumed to be one level above the lowest corner of the tile, but this is not correct in the case of a steep slope.
The slope checking code was also incorrect because of the the lack of handling of steep slopes. You would ordinarily not be permitted to build a road piece which points off a cliff, as in the screenshot.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
vazoun51
Engineer
Engineer

Post by vazoun51 »

I have gathered a short list of minor improvements which may be included in one of next releases.

1. Ctrl+click on centering button of the vehicle should open a new viewport. It fails to do so. (main version bug, not related to patchpack)
2. Trams just doing U-turn on the end of the tracks can't be send to depot. They can't find it. It's annoying when you want to send to depot the whole group. (main version bug, not related to patchpack)
3. Settings option "Enable funding of new buildings" is not saved along the savegame. It's in its default state (off) everytime you load new game instead. (main version bug, not related to patchpack)
4. Template replacement: old data (power, traction effort etc.) are shown in the new template window for locomotives which were refurbished. Use my savegame: Template Replacement -> New -> New Template Vehicle -> select NS 700 -> OK
5. Measuring tool: measuring of height above the sea level doesn't work well (assuming the difference of one level is 50 m).
6. Plans: Toggling button for making plan visible is not working well. You need to hit just its left edge to make it work. It's just graphical glitch though.
7. Plans: Hide all button could be toggling between show all and hide all to make all plans visible at once. Now you need to make every plan visible in particular.
8. May I ask some feature which makes plans visible on the map? It's impossible to find it especially on the large map. Maybe ctrl+click on the plan could center the view on it.
9. Some vehicles are refittable to various capacities of one cargo (Olympic Log Tug ship in my game for example). Could it be taken into account when setting automatical replacement?

Thank you JGR for your effort again.
Attachments
Dick Armstrong's Vehicles, 21-11-1905.sav
(8 MiB) Downloaded 36 times
HackaLittleBit
Director
Director

Post by HackaLittleBit »

vazoun51 wrote: 1. Ctrl+click on centering button of the vehicle should open a new viewport. It fails to do so. (main version bug, not related to patchpack)
No that is standard behavior.
Check "Follow vehicle"
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Path based signals at the end of tunnels are static, and whilst they allow travel to flow through as normal when safe to do so, the signal does not momentarily turn green then back to red, it just stays on red.
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

vazoun51 wrote: 4. Template replacement: old data (power, traction effort etc.) are shown in the new template window for locomotives which were refurbished. Use my savegame: Template Replacement -> New -> New Template Vehicle -> select NS 700 -> OK
5. Measuring tool: measuring of height above the sea level doesn't work well (assuming the difference of one level is 50 m).
6. Plans: Toggling button for making plan visible is not working well. You need to hit just its left edge to make it work. It's just graphical glitch though.
7. Plans: Hide all button could be toggling between show all and hide all to make all plans visible at once. Now you need to make every plan visible in particular.
8. May I ask some feature which makes plans visible on the map? It's impossible to find it especially on the large map. Maybe ctrl+click on the plan could center the view on it.
These are fixed now (along with other graphical fixes to the plans window) and will be in the next release, thanks for letting me know about them.
vazoun51 wrote: 3. Settings option "Enable funding of new buildings" is not saved along the savegame. It's in its default state (off) everytime you load new game instead. (main version bug, not related to patchpack)
I can't reproduce this, the default value is on, and save/loading the setting seems to work fine here.
vazoun51 wrote: 2. Trams just doing U-turn on the end of the tracks can't be send to depot. They can't find it. It's annoying when you want to send to depot the whole group. (main version bug, not related to patchpack)
Redirect Left wrote:Path based signals at the end of tunnels are static, and whilst they allow travel to flow through as normal when safe to do so, the signal does not momentarily turn green then back to red, it just stays on red.
I will investigate these a bit later on.
vazoun51 wrote:9. Some vehicles are refittable to various capacities of one cargo (Olympic Log Tug ship in my game for example). Could it be taken into account when setting automatical replacement?
Not sure I understand what you are asking for here?
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
vazoun51
Engineer
Engineer

Post by vazoun51 »

HackaLittleBit wrote:
vazoun51 wrote: 1. Ctrl+click on centering button of the vehicle should open a new viewport. It fails to do so. (main version bug, not related to patchpack)
No that is standard behavior.
Check "Follow vehicle"
Well, you are right. Then there is a wrong context help with the centering button of the vehicle when saying ctrl+click will open a new viewport. At least in my language mutation.
vazoun51
Engineer
Engineer

Post by vazoun51 »

JGR wrote:
vazoun51 wrote:9. Some vehicles are refittable to various capacities of one cargo (Olympic Log Tug ship in my game for example). Could it be taken into account when setting automatical replacement?
Not sure I understand what you are asking for here?
Olympic Log Tug is a ship which can be refited to three different capacities of one cargo (80 t, 240 t, 400 t of wood). When you want an old vehicle to be automatically replaced by this one, you can't choose the capacity of the ship. Always the first one is selected. I am not sure if there are any other vehicles like that (in another GRFs) but if it is just one of the kind it probably doesn't worth the effort.
oberhümer
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by oberhümer »

It appears that infrastructure maintenance costs are not scaled by the day length factor in this patch pack, which obviously makes slow-paced play unreasonably easy. Could you fix this?
--- Licenses: GNU LGPL, version 2 or newer, code and graphics. CC-By-SA, graphics, alternatively. If you're using any, I'd like to hear about it --- Call them "track types" ---
--- Mostly inactive developer for: NuTracks - Central European Train Set --- Running/compiling for: Linux (x86) - Android - Windows (32/64 bit) ---

--- Need a file packer? 7-Zip --- BOINC - use your computing power to benefit science --- Block trackers, not ads --- Unix in dispersible pellets, the formula for the future. ---
vazoun51
Engineer
Engineer

Post by vazoun51 »

JGR wrote:
vazoun51 wrote: 3. Settings option "Enable funding of new buildings" is not saved along the savegame. It's in its default state (off) everytime you load new game instead. (main version bug, not related to patchpack)
I can't reproduce this, the default value is on, and save/loading the setting seems to work fine here.
The default value is on when you enter the settings from the main menu. But whenever I enter it from the game it is always off. No matter savegame I chose or how I set it before.

Sorry for spaming the forum. I had to merge it in one post.

Return to “OpenTTD Development”