What Happend to Jenkins?

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

RvP93
Engineer
Engineer

What Happend to Jenkins?

Post by RvP93 »

Hi Guys and Girls,

I'm tying to access the jenkins.openttdcoop.org/job/worldairlinersset/ site to get going on coding the World Airlines Set.
But when I try to access it I get a 502 Bad Gateway error. Am I doeng something wrong or am I doing something wrong?

Cheers,
Rens
Image Image
keoz
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Re: What Happend to Jenkins?

Post by keoz »

RvP93 wrote:Hi Guys and Girls,

I'm tying to access the jenkins.openttdcoop.org/job/worldairlinersset/ site to get going on coding the World Airlines Set.
But when I try to access it I get a 502 Bad Gateway error. Am I doeng something wrong or am I doing something wrong?

Cheers,
Rens
There is a problem on openttdcoop repositories. It's already been reported. All you can do is wait.
Patch - Let's timetable depot waiting time with the Wait in depot patch.
GameScript - Searching a new way to make your cities growing ? Try the Renewed City Growth GameScript.
My screenshots thread.
RvP93
Engineer
Engineer

Post by RvP93 »

keoz wrote:There is a problem on openttdcoop repositories. It's already been reported. All you can do is wait.
Thanks! Really appreciated!

Cheers,
Rens
Image Image
George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by George »

Hello.
I have a problem with https://jenkins.openttdcoop.org/
I get error:
504 Gateway Time-out
nginx/1.13.12
Image Image Image Image
George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by George »

Looks like the server became 256 times weaker ...
Attachments
2020-05-10 21-06-51 xussrset - Trains from Russia График времени сборки [Jenkins] - Google Chrome.png
2020-05-10 21-06-51 xussrset - Trains from Russia График времени сборки [Jenkins] - Google Chrome.png (31.81 KiB) Viewed 9852 times
Image Image Image Image
RvP93
Engineer
Engineer

Post by RvP93 »

Yeah same issue here. If it connects and if Jenkins works it's very slow...
Image Image
andythenorth
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by andythenorth »

I asked planetmaker about this:
12:20PM @planetmaker andythenorth, yes... I feel struggling to keep it properly running and maintained. It's better to move on. It's ... no-one properly taking care of... I'm still missing time. Was much more fun when it was a group of people

I don't mind at all to have the server running. But I don't have time to maintain all services
I've moved all my coop repos to GitHub, but as of now there is no standard equivalent to Jenkins.

GitHub Actions delivers the same kind of build function, and is used to build OpenTTD, OpenGFX and nml, but nobody has figured out a way to use it for community newgrfs yet.

I also wanted to say thanks to planetmaker, frosch, spike, yexo, ammler, alberth etc who contributed to running coop infra for about 10 years :)
RvP93
Engineer
Engineer

Post by RvP93 »

HI All,

Is the "openttdcoop" closed for good?

Seems jenkins.openttdcoop.org, bundles.openttdcoop.org & dev.openttdcoop.org are all not working since a week or 3.

Cheers
Rens
Image Image
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

It's been down before and it's come back. But it clearly lacks maintenance and nobody uses it anymore, however I hope it can be archived because it would be a shame to lose all those old source files.
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

I am happy to provide some kind of archive if necessary. Repositories can be converted to Git and uploaded to GitHub too. If the wiki needs a new home, likewise I can help.
frosch
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by frosch »

In case someone is in need:
I have backups of all repositories from June 2020. So basically everything except a few revisions from the 2 authors who were insane enough to still use DevZone in 2020.

Originally I wanted to upload everything to GitHub. But it turned out that some repositories vastly exceed the limits for GitHub public repositories. In particual for some of the repositories I am most interested in.
* YETI: 5.4 GB
* NUTS: 3.4 GB (available at https://github.com/V453000/NUTS anyway)
* OpenGFX+Trains 32bpp fork: 3.0 + 2.1 GB
* zbase: 1.4 GB
* BRIX: 1.1 GB (available at https://github.com/V453000/BRIX anyway)
* Everything else is smaller.

I don'T have the Wiki/Blog though.
⢇⡸⢸⠢⡇⡇⢎⡁⢎⡱⢸⡱⢸⣭⠀⢸⢜⢸⢸⣀⢸⣀⢸⣭⢸⡱⠀⢰⠭⡆⣫⠰⣉⢸⢸⠀⢰⠭⡆⡯⡆⢹⠁⠀⢐⠰⡁
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

It looks like gitlab.com has a limit of 10GB per repository, which should be sufficient for these - might be worth considering.

If you haven't already, then assuming these have been converted from Mercurial, running:

git gc --aggressive

can also make quite a difference. When I did this on some of our converted work repositories, they shrunk from several gigabytes down to 1GB or less.
Taschi
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Taschi »

I have done a bit of googling and was unable to find any statement on a definite repository size limit on Github. The best I could find is that they "strongly recommend" staying below 5GB (which all but one of the listed projects do) and that they might reach out via e-mail to projects that are too expensive for Github's hardware.
eshield
Engineer
Engineer

Post by eshield »

Is openttdcoop.org dead 4ever? None of its resources work. Domain names doesn't resolve to anything. I tried to find any announcements about that incident with no luck. Maybe somebody having good news?
Ask, and it shall be given you.
Seek, and ye shall find.
Knock, and it shall open unto you.

Return to “OpenTTD Development”