MMNL Ready2Play MP PatchPacks; Request here! [08-10-2013]

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Guvnor
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Precompiled patch packs, request stuff here! [25-09-2013

Post by Guvnor »

Here's the save file (created in V2). In addition to "Rogvatn South ES Pick" my other really problematic station is metal station "Romsby North." Seems there are always trains in some stuck loading state there as well.

I found a setting under "Cargo Distribution" named "Distribution mode for other cargo classes." Perhaps that is the relevant setting here. I will experiment.

Guvnor
Attachments
Romsby Transport, 21st Sep 2049.sav
(853.27 KiB) Downloaded 66 times
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Switch the view from showing what's currently waiting to what's going to be produced, and then click on the cargo and keep expanding it until you see the distribution breakdown per station. It's very likely that the game is wanting you to shift cargo to other destinations that have higher demand, and the station you want to send it to has very little demand.
Guvnor
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Guvnor »

kamnet wrote:Switch the view from showing what's currently waiting to what's going to be produced, and then click on the cargo and keep expanding it until you see the distribution breakdown per station. It's very likely that the game is wanting you to shift cargo to other destinations that have higher demand, and the station you want to send it to has very little demand.
I tried switching the view and it displays nothing. I agree that the game wants to send these engineering supplies to specific stations (via CargoDist) but I guess the problem in this case is that the player should be able to send engineering and farm supplies to wherever he or she wishes and not have CargoDist meddle with demand for those specific cargoes.

On another front, it seems that switching "Distribution mode for other cargo classes" to manual, effectively turning it off, fixes this problem.
MasterMeNL
Engineer
Engineer

Post by MasterMeNL »

Guvnor wrote:I tried switching the view and it displays nothing. I agree that the game wants to send these engineering supplies to specific stations (via CargoDist) but I guess the problem in this case is that the player should be able to send engineering and farm supplies to wherever he or she wishes and not have CargoDist meddle with demand for those specific cargoes.

On another front, it seems that switching "Distribution mode for other cargo classes" to manual, effectively turning it off, fixes this problem
Well in real life factories have contracts to who they want to deliver supplies. You're the transport company and your order is transport X to Y, not transport X to whatever.

The only thing it's missing right now is that amount of cargo produced should be low if you've only connected it to 1 other factory. Every cargo on the map should have it's own destination imo and if the destination isn't reachable it just won't really spawn in the first place. Of course it wouldn't be like 3 tons of coal to every power plant of the map but it would really be cool to have central coal HUBs and stuff like that. :mrgreen:

Regards,

Melvin.
TinyMusic
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by TinyMusic »

MasterMeNL wrote:Of course it wouldn't be like 3 tons of coal to every power plant of the map but it would really be cool to have central coal HUBs and stuff like that.
Then just use one power plant instead and destroy the rest.
Formerly known as UseYourIllusion.
Java Scenario Found Here - Version 2 out
[tweɪ̂ pû tɕʰì wɔ̀ mǐlɤ lû tɕʰìŋ nì pɑ́ŋmɑ̌ŋ]
YNM
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: MMNL Ready2Play MP PatchPacks; Request here! [29-09-2013

Post by YNM »

Could I request a patchpack here ?

- Latest nightlies
- Bridge build over stations, etc. restriction removed (I'm not so sure which part of the base code - could you find / ask somebody about it ?)
- Chunnel patch
- ATC patch
- Extra heightlevels and/or larger maps patch (whichever one you've previously used)
YNM = yoursNotMine - Don't get it ?
「ヨーッスノットマイン」もと申します。
TinyMusic
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by TinyMusic »

YNM wrote:Could I request a patchpack here ?

- Latest nightlies
Done - as of this post - r25800
YNM wrote:- Bridge build over stations, etc. restriction removed (I'm not so sure which part of the base code - could you find / ask somebody about it ?)
bridge_gui.cpp maybe? It shows a message that bridges can't be build after certain conditions. I might be wrong, because I'm not a programmer.
YNM wrote:- Chunnel patch
Done - r-25768 MMNL Custom Series 1 V1
YNM wrote:- ATC patch
Done - r25768 MMNL Custom Series 1 V3
YNM wrote:- Extra heightlevels and/or larger maps patch (whichever one you've previously used)
Done - r25800 MMNL Custom Series 1 V7, but extra heightlevel patch didn't work well.
Formerly known as UseYourIllusion.
Java Scenario Found Here - Version 2 out
[tweɪ̂ pû tɕʰì wɔ̀ mǐlɤ lû tɕʰìŋ nì pɑ́ŋmɑ̌ŋ]
YNM
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by YNM »

I understand that, but what I mean is a single, compiled OpenTTD which contains them. I requested because the latest V7 doesn't works well, often crashed at loading saves from other recent, lower trunk.

EDIT : seems like the files which contains them is this one instead. it's fairly long, i haven't checked all of it
「ヨーッスノットマイン」もと申します。
MiSpA51
Engineer
Engineer

Post by MiSpA51 »

I'm playing V7 and it is working quite well. :)
MasterMeNL
Engineer
Engineer

Post by MasterMeNL »

YNM wrote:I understand that, but what I mean is a single, compiled OpenTTD which contains them. I requested because the latest V7 doesn't works well, often crashed at loading saves from other recent, lower trunk.

EDIT : seems like the files which contains them is this one instead. it's fairly long, i haven't checked all of it
Of course a patched game with More Height Levels and ATC will crash when you load a save game which doesn't have those patches.
In fact, with a lot of patches you're usually bound to have a map on that patchpack and you can't change anything. When you want to use other patches you can just start another map or spend hours and hours of programming if you're a very skilled programmer (aka: not me :mrgreen: ).
Also, please report problems instead of not telling me and requesting a new pack.

I have no problems with V7 whatshowever except for the crash with ATC enabled with signals on bridges and tunnels while a path signal checks them. ATC can be disabled in-game or you can just place a block signal before a tunnel so that the path signal doesn't check it directly.

About the bridges over stations: I've wanted that for quite a while now and apparently there is some patch hidden away somewhere which I can't find anywhere.
I'll check it out myself later, maybe I can make it work myself.

You also expect departure boards in MMNL Custom Series 1 V8 if I can get it working, I wanted it to be in MMNL Custom Series 1 V7 too but I failed with "only" 2 errors.

UseYourIllusion :mrgreen:

Regards,

Melvin.
Supercheese
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Supercheese »

Petern posted a patch for bridges-over-stations on IRC a while ago, I believe it is: http://fuzzle.org/~petern/ottd/stbr3.diff
Eyecandy Road Vehicles | Fake Subways | Supercheese's NewObjects

"Fashions and cultures change, but steam trains shall always be majestic."
-Professor Hershel Layton
YNM
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by YNM »

MasterMeNL wrote: Of course a patched game with More Height Levels and ATC will crash when you load a save game which doesn't have those patches.
In fact, with a lot of patches you're usually bound to have a map on that patchpack and you can't change anything. When you want to use other patches you can just start another map or spend hours and hours of programming if you're a very skilled programmer (aka: not me :mrgreen: ).
Also, please report problems instead of not telling me and requesting a new pack.

I have no problems with V7 whatshowever except for the crash with ATC enabled with signals on bridges and tunnels while a path signal checks them. ATC can be disabled in-game or you can just place a block signal before a tunnel so that the path signal doesn't check it directly.

About the bridges over stations: I've wanted that for quite a while now and apparently there is some patch hidden away somewhere which I can't find anywhere.
I'll check it out myself later, maybe I can make it work myself.
Thanks for the info :o
If there's any other reason why I want only those patch, for me it seems like they're fairly useful, while the rest aren't quite as useful for me.

Anyway, I still wanted the bridge-over-station patch - could you make a build with them ?
「ヨーッスノットマイン」もと申します。
MasterMeNL
Engineer
Engineer

Post by MasterMeNL »

Well MMNL Custom Series 1 V7 has everything you want (except for bridges over stations) and the patches that you don't want you can simply not use.
I compiled a version with the bridges over stations that Supercheese linked (thanks a lot for that ;) ) but it only works with the default station and a low section of it.

Now I understand that it is this way to prevent graphical glitches but it means that it's not usable with ISR or any other nice-looking stations added with NewGRFs.

I'm going to edit it so that you can always place bridges over stations.
The player can either not care about the glitch or fix it by changing the station tile to one with lower height.

I may upload MMNL Custom Series 1 V8 today if I get it done in time, otherwise tomorrow I guess.

Regards,

Melvin.
Supercheese
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Supercheese »

MasterMeNL wrote:I'm going to edit it so that you can always place bridges over stations.
The player can either not care about the glitch or fix it by changing the station tile to one with lower height.
If you do, I'd be very interested in the .diff :).
Eyecandy Road Vehicles | Fake Subways | Supercheese's NewObjects

"Fashions and cultures change, but steam trains shall always be majestic."
-Professor Hershel Layton
YNM
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by YNM »

MasterMeNL wrote:I compiled a version with the bridges over stations that Supercheese linked (thanks a lot for that ;) ) but it only works with the default station and a low section of it.

Now I understand that it is this way to prevent graphical glitches but it means that it's not usable with ISR or any other nice-looking stations added with NewGRFs.

I'm going to edit it so that you can always place bridges over stations.
I remembered that someone said that this could also be achieved by commenting out ( // ) the parts of the bridgetunnel.cpp that controls this behavior. Maybe it'd be a lot easier that way...

Anyway, the V7 only broke when I loaded unpatched saves with quite a lot of signals - those with light (or no at all) signal usage aren't affected.
「ヨーッスノットマイン」もと申します。
MasterMeNL
Engineer
Engineer

Post by MasterMeNL »

YNM wrote:I remembered that someone said that this could also be achieved by commenting out ( // ) the parts of the bridgetunnel.cpp that controls this behavior. Maybe it'd be a lot easier that way...

Anyway, the V7 only broke when I loaded unpatched saves with quite a lot of signals - those with light (or no at all) signal usage aren't affected.
What if you try loading it with ATC disabled? So far all crashes I've had (1-2 random ones too) are most likely caused by ATC messing around.
MMNL Request Series 1 V2 is currently being packaged for uploading and what no.
MMNL Custom Series 1 V8 depends on if I can get some help with Departure Boards, the bridges over stations patch will be in there for sure though.
After V8 I sort of consider Custom Series 1 finished as I haven't found any other must-haves so far.

I'll upload the patch file for the edited bridge patch when I get V8 working nicely.

Regards,

Melvin.
YNM
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by YNM »

MasterMeNL wrote:What if you try loading it with ATC disabled?

It seems like that the basic settings if it loads an unpatched save seems to be turned on - need assistance on your part (or can I just change it inside the .CFG ?)
「ヨーッスノットマイン」もと申します。
MasterMeNL
Engineer
Engineer

Post by MasterMeNL »

YNM wrote:It seems like that the basic settings if it loads an unpatched save seems to be turned on - need assistance on your part (or can I just change it inside the .CFG ?)
I typed a response to this yesterday but I forgot to press the submit button before I put my PC to sleep. x)
I did turn it on by default which is indeed pretty stupid. It has been fixed and will be in V8.

In MMNL Custom Series 1 V8 you can expect Departure Boards, a "buy and refit" button and bridges over everything.
Right now bridges work over stations and road depots, but I want them to work with industries, buildings and all depots too.
Will cause graphical glitches when you use a high station tile with a bridge over it or through big industries. But bridges over things like sand pits is perfectly possible and would look pretty cool.
It will be rev25807 instead of rev25808 because I'm not sure if this breaks some stuff.

Seperate patch file for only bridges may come today or later since I edited it directly in V8's source code instead of via patch.

As always, you can upgrade from versions V3 and up.

V8 should be up later today.

Regards,

Melvin.
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

MasterMeNL wrote:Right now bridges work over stations and road depots, but I want them to work with industries, buildings and all depots too.
you probably run out of map bits for houses and industries. (the compiler will not tell you this)
MasterMeNL
Engineer
Engineer

Post by MasterMeNL »

Eddi wrote:you probably run out of map bits for houses and industries. (the compiler will not tell you this)
I'm not doing this the proper way, I'm just removing all of the "check for bridge" parts in the code. :mrgreen:
That also saves some CPU-power and... stuff like that, lol.

Due to a lack of time MMNL Custom Series 1 V8 won't be worked on today.
I have a busy day tomorrow but I might just have some time when I get home.
It will be done on Saturday for sure though unless something big happens.

Regards,

Melvin.

Return to “OpenTTD Development”