Logic Signals patch

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

MasterMeNL
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Logic Signals patch

Post by MasterMeNL »

I think it just talks to the train as if a block signal since it doesn't take actual input from the train (checking the train's path to decide yes or no) so it says 0 km/h just like with block signals (IIRC).

Regards,

Melvin.
maddy_
Engineer
Engineer

Post by maddy_ »

Muzzly wrote:I tested it a bit more. I seems that in a circle should always be at least two path signals in order train to move. Sorry, it was not your fault. With two programmable signals (with default green light) it also works !!!

Train window status has confused me. Should it not be "Waiting for free path" for pragrammable signal too?
Programmable signals act as block signals by default, not as path signals. This is why you need at least 2 signals on your circular track, and why train status does not say "waiting for free path".
anzhe778
Engineer
Engineer

Post by anzhe778 »

A great patch! I registered specially to post in this topic. Flip-flops and priorities can be easily done without logic trains, saving space and making networks look more realistic. What it is lacking only is a timed version.
Is there a possibility for an updated version to apply it to a latest build?
messismore
Engineer
Engineer

Post by messismore »

Hi,

I, too, registered just so I could chime in on this thread. From when I discovered OpenTTD, I had wished for smarter signalling.

However, I can't seem to get this patch to work. I'm fairly new to all this, but, from what I've learned so far, the version of the game the patch was made for will no longer compile on the OS I'm on (OS X 10.9, more here https://bugs.openttd.org/task/5797).

Now, is there a way to make the patch work with newer versions of OpenTTD? Where could I learn to do this?

Or does somebody happen to have a compiled version für Mac with the patch?
Borg
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Borg »

Too bad it didnt went into OpenTTD.. One of best and easy
patches for logical signals around! Not complicated yet powerfull.

So, whats the status? Does author still works on it? Is it stable?
agentw4b
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by agentw4b »

Borg wrote:Too bad it didnt went into OpenTTD.. One of best and easy
patches for logical signals around! Not complicated yet powerfull.

So, whats the status? Does author still works on it? Is it stable?
Some logical signals are in the Joker PatchPack. But maybe other than this.

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=74365&hilit=joker+patchpack

https://github.com/KeldorKatarn/OpenTTD_PatchPack
Owner and admin of servers with names "Experimental games" .
My heightmaps: Flat Earth Map and United nations logo
My scenarios: Game Fallout 1,2,3 Map scenario
My gamescripts: City Founder GS
maddy_
Engineer
Engineer

Post by maddy_ »

Here is new patch and windows binary based on git commit 7e7563f15f999cac5c140cb93e917905a9450df4.

No, unfortunately I am not working on it, or even playing OpenTTD, actively at the moment. I am the type of person who plays really intensively for 2 weeks every now and then, but then I can take a break for a year or so. But OpenTTD is one game I always come back to.

I would not consider this "stable", as there has been minimal testing performed on it by me and others. But it should be stable enough to play around with and have some fun.
Attachments
logic-signals-7e7563f1-win32.zip
Windows binary
(5.29 MiB) Downloaded 159 times
logic-signals-7e7563f1.diff
Git diff
(77.18 KiB) Downloaded 144 times

Return to “OpenTTD Development”