Spring 2013 Patch Pack - English Help (Updated 02/23/2017)

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

R-TEAM
Engineer
Engineer

Re: OpenTTD Spring 2013 Patch Pack - English Help Topic

Post by R-TEAM »

Hi,

i use 61 NewGFX - the same as in HardPatch pack ...
again an additional bug :
First - i play ~1h and fine adjust the daylenght ... suddenly one of my cars stop by entering an bus stop and all cars that come behind get stuck too .. but the AI cars leave after longer wait the "stuck Point" ... my bus not ... but i thinked it was an error, come from changingh daylenght ingame ...
O.k. - i start an new game and not change anymore config ingame ...
But after ~1,5h - again ... an bus stuck at entering an bus stop and never get free .....

Sorry - this patch pack looking promising - but with so many errors - i going better with hardpatch again, it is outdated ... but i can play without waiting for the next bug who make x hours to waste ...
Tell me if it get stable :P

Regards
R-TEAM
TinyMusic
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by TinyMusic »

R-TEAM wrote:Sorry - this patch pack looking promising - but with so many errors - i going better with hardpatch again, it is outdated ... but i can play without waiting for the next bug who make x hours to waste ...
Same here. This patch pack includes all of the patches I love, including extra-large-map patch which is missing on HardGamePack, but I just CAN'T play without automated timetable and vehicle separation.
Formerly known as UseYourIllusion.
Java Scenario Found Here - Version 2 out
[tweɪ̂ pû tɕʰì wɔ̀ mǐlɤ lû tɕʰìŋ nì pɑ́ŋmɑ̌ŋ]
pi1985
Engineer
Engineer

Post by pi1985 »

R-TEAM wrote:The game runs (ATM) nice (have not used timetable now) - but if i add an "townCars" AI (StreetTrafic2 or TownCars5) it crashes right after the AI inizialized.
Thanks for your report. Fixed.
Image.
R-TEAM
Engineer
Engineer

Post by R-TEAM »

Hi,
UseYourIllusion wrote:
R-TEAM wrote:Sorry - this patch pack looking promising - but with so many errors - i going better with hardpatch again, it is outdated ... but i can play without waiting for the next bug who make x hours to waste ...
Same here. This patch pack includes all of the patches I love, including extra-large-map patch which is missing on HardGamePack, but I just CAN'T play without automated timetable and vehicle separation.
he,he - have no chance to play so long bug free to getting to the point who i miss vehicle separation realy :P
But you are right ... have long wait for an update of hardpack and i beliefe it will never happen :\
And have take over 2h to fine adjust the price multiplier to nearly the same values as the hardpack :)

If it would run bugfree (or at most no game break bugs .. even the hardpack was not 100% bug free ...) this pack will replace the hardpack nearly 100% ... cant full remember - but i miss in the few time it runs bugfree, only minor things that have the hardpack and this pack not .. (most additional info stuff by station placement or vehicle income stats ...)
And this pack have other nice additions :)

We can only hope it get better over time :P

Regards
R-TEAM
R-TEAM
Engineer
Engineer

Post by R-TEAM »

Hi,

again an additional error :P
If i use the new blitter "32bpp-anim-aa" the new large outer zooms get corrupt ....
(the normal zoom levels run o.k. ..) (and btw. the new larger outer zooms awesom :) especialy with high terrain levels it looks like real world maps ;) )

I not use the new blitter anyway as it gets on large screens with 8bit gfx even on my 12Core Xeon Workstation to slow ...
But have it testet and the gfx is slightly better - but imho not worth the cpu power amount - if it would use the GPU (over openCL), THIS would be nice .... (i have an good AMD FirePro card - enough power :P )

Regards
R-TEAM
R-TEAM
Engineer
Engineer

Post by R-TEAM »

Hi,

have now an savegame(and screenshot) to the error with buses (dont know trucks too?) get stuck by entering an bus stop ...
Have as test disabled "Improved Breakdown" and first i have thinked this was the root of the error (my presumption was that the bus was on wait by the bus stop entry and then get an brak down and get stuck ...) and have not more seen this in an ~3h game with my buses ..... but then i looked by interest on the AI players - and found an bus stop with way to much tourists on hold ... and found the tourist bus was stuck on the stop :P

Regards
R-TEAM
Attachments
Fast Trans AG, 4. Mai 1932.png
(99.33 KiB) Downloaded 12 times
Fast Trans AG, 8. Mai 1932.sav
(5.59 MiB) Downloaded 163 times
LocArny
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by LocArny »

First of all, thanks a lot for this patchpack. It delivers a similar gameplay to ChillCores one, but with the ability to play with some new graphics sets.

I did not yet encounter any bugs (but then I don't use automatic separation), but I have a gameplay question instead. As I like to build complex passenger networks mostly, I usually end up with a map full of oversized cities and no little villages. Now, sometimes I solve this by forbidding cities to build their own roads, but this is kind of cumbersome as I will then have to do it myself for the cities I do want to grow, and the solution is not very elegant as even the smallest hamlets will continue to grow along the roads that are present (resulting in hamlets with skyscrapers).

Anyway, this patchpack seems to offer a nice solution for this. City growth is only possible when you deliver goods, food and water. However, the rates for this are extremely high. I tried to deliver goods to the town visible in the screenshot, but the small city (1,800 inhabitants) consumed a load of 840 goods within two days (faster than the train unloaded), without any visible result (I guess I have to deliver all three to have results).

So, is this working as is intended? Moreover, how am I supposed to deliver food and water to towns in temperate climate? There are no tiles in the town that accept either food or water, so I'm kind of stuck here.

Basically, what looked like a perfect solution to my problem is not working for me, and I wonder about the reason: do I miss something in the settings (which are all set to minimum as is visible in the screenshot) or is this the intention of the game?

Thank you :)
Attachments
issue.png
issue.png (195.52 KiB) Viewed 1317 times
pi1985
Engineer
Engineer

Post by pi1985 »

LocArny wrote: I tried to deliver goods to the town visible in the screenshot, but the small city (1,800 inhabitants) consumed a load of 840 goods within two days (faster than the train unloaded), without any visible result (I guess I have to deliver all three to have results).
Yes, you have to deliver all these cargos. Look at the screenshot. The town will grow when it has monthly stock of each. Rates for goods are made ten times smaller in new release.
Lintston Transport, 1938-07-03.png
Lintston Transport, 1938-07-03.png (56.7 KiB) Viewed 5173 times
LocArny wrote:Moreover, how am I supposed to deliver food and water to towns in temperate climate? There are no tiles in the town that accept either food or water, so I'm kind of stuck here.
If you are playing with standard industry, then you need to deliver only goods in temperate climate, goods and food in subarctic and goods, food and water in subtropical. Naturaly, if there no cargo food, town will not demand it. Same thing with water.
If you are playing with ECS, in all climates it has water and food. To deliver water town needs Water Tower. If you want to build it manyally, use ECS Industries Addon grf. Then it became avaliable through Build New Industry dialog.
In FIRS you have to deliver petrol to get GOODS and goods to get WATER. This is not correct I think and wrote to it's thread. Anyway, I made my own FIRS, avaliable to download at the same link as patchpack. In it you may deliver building materials, goods and petrol to get GOODS and food and alcohol to get FOOD. There is no water in FIRS.
Image.
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

pi1985 wrote:There is no water in FIRS.
yes, that's why TE_WATER flag was given to goods, otherwise tropic climate would be broken.

I don't know your implementation of town goals, but in trunk/stable OpenTTD, GameScripts can be used to do that, no patches required in the town window. Then it will also list the actual cargo required, so it'll autmatically show "requires goods to grow" if it detects that goods have the TE_WATER flag, and TE_WATER is required for growth.
R-TEAM
Engineer
Engineer

Post by R-TEAM »

Hi

additional "problems" :)
After the not sucess stoping from "Bus Stuck at Bus-Station" with disabling improved breakdown (but imho an significant lower happen ...) , i have it enabled again in my testgame .... have it enabled ingame, so i cant say if this only happen after switch this ingame or if it enabled from start on anyway ...
A "alone" "break down" smoke is apearing on the street and stay longer time here before disapear .. here the screenshots...
And have an problem with the correct allign of rail tracks (have this not noticed in Hardgame ...)
It only happen with Nutracks nightly r229.With the Nutracks from BaNaNaS it runs fine - so maybe an NuTracks problem ...
(but the nightly have nice additional options ...)Screenshot here too ...

Regards
R-TEAM
Attachments
Smoke_Pics.7z
(514.17 KiB) Downloaded 130 times
Rail_Problem.png
(149.75 KiB) Downloaded 8 times
pi1985
Engineer
Engineer

Post by pi1985 »

R-TEAM wrote:And have an problem with the correct allign of rail tracks (have this not noticed in Hardgame ...)
Rails align problem, OTTD 1.3.0, NuTrack r229
Rails align problem, OTTD 1.3.0, NuTrack r229
rails.png (36.02 KiB) Viewed 5050 times
R-TEAM wrote:A "alone" "break down" smoke is apearing on the street and stay longer time here before disapear
Yes, this is a problem of "Improved breackdowns" patch. I have such on rails.
R-TEAM wrote:After the not sucess stoping from "Bus Stuck at Bus-Station" with disabling improved breakdown (but imho an significant lower happen ...) , i have it enabled again in my testgame .... have it enabled ingame, so i cant say if this only happen after switch this ingame or if it enabled from start on anyway ...
I think this is because of "Improved breackdowns" patch. Can you try to play without it?
Image.
LocArny
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by LocArny »

pi1985 wrote:
LocArny wrote: I tried to deliver goods to the town visible in the screenshot, but the small city (1,800 inhabitants) consumed a load of 840 goods within two days (faster than the train unloaded), without any visible result (I guess I have to deliver all three to have results).
Yes, you have to deliver all these cargos. Look at the screenshot. The town will grow when it has monthly stock of each. Rates for goods are made ten times smaller in new release.
Lintston Transport, 1938-07-03.png
LocArny wrote:Moreover, how am I supposed to deliver food and water to towns in temperate climate? There are no tiles in the town that accept either food or water, so I'm kind of stuck here.
If you are playing with standard industry, then you need to deliver only goods in temperate climate, goods and food in subarctic and goods, food and water in subtropical. Naturaly, if there no cargo food, town will not demand it. Same thing with water.
If you are playing with ECS, in all climates it has water and food. To deliver water town needs Water Tower. If you want to build it manyally, use ECS Industries Addon grf. Then it became avaliable through Build New Industry dialog.
In FIRS you have to deliver petrol to get GOODS and goods to get WATER. This is not correct I think and wrote to it's thread. Anyway, I made my own FIRS, avaliable to download at the same link as patchpack. In it you may deliver building materials, goods and petrol to get GOODS and food and alcohol to get FOOD. There is no water in FIRS.
Thanks a lot for your answer! I completely looked over the option to build water towers myself. Also, it looks like the next version will be even more suited to my tastes :)
R-TEAM
Engineer
Engineer

Post by R-TEAM »

Hi,
pi1985 wrote:.........
R-TEAM wrote:After the not sucess stoping from "Bus Stuck at Bus-Station" with disabling improved breakdown (but imho an significant lower happen ...) , i have it enabled again in my testgame .... have it enabled ingame, so i cant say if this only happen after switch this ingame or if it enabled from start on anyway ...
I think this is because of "Improved breackdowns" patch. Can you try to play without it?
I have no "alone Smoke" more with Improved Breakdown disabled - so it is the root of THIS problem ...
But the problem with "Bus Stuck at Bus-Station" i have even without Improved Breakdown .... rare but not full gone, so imho it have aything with breakdowns in general ...

The "Bus Stuck problem" have just ruined another game who i have played without Imp.Breakdown ... it have going loong time nice ... but sad ... now ith the game killed ....
(screenshot + savegame attached)

Regards
R-TEAM
Attachments
Fast Trans AG, 24. Mär 1938.png
(98.33 KiB) Downloaded 7 times
Fast Trans AG, 20. Mär 1938.sav
(5.85 MiB) Downloaded 130 times
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

R-TEAM wrote:Hi,
pi1985 wrote:.........
I have no "alone Smoke" more with Improved Breakdown disabled - so it is the root of THIS problem ...
But the problem with "Bus Stuck at Bus-Station" i have even without Improved Breakdown .... rare but not full gone, so imho it have aything with breakdowns in general ...

The "Bus Stuck problem" have just ruined another game who i have played without Imp.Breakdown ... it have going loong time nice ... but sad ... now ith the game killed ....
(screenshot + savegame attached)

Regards
R-TEAM
Interesting, this looks like the same problem that I had with my last game in ChillCore's Patch Pack. I'll try it as well.
R-TEAM
Engineer
Engineer

Post by R-TEAM »

Hi,
pi1985 wrote:......
It would be good, to have an option to disable water req. here ...
The "ECS Industries Addon grf" looks not good.(can build here industrys to much lower values as the inbuilt counterpart and make so the price adjusting of build industry useless - foreseen i can here build strange "industrys" and make so the whole game system senseless ...)
If it is not possible to check "IF" the town aceppt water, this shuld be disable for the player who dont like to build in nearly all towns an water tower .....

Regards
R-TEAM
billw
Engineer
Engineer

Post by billw »

So regarding goods and food requirements for town growth, I am using the custom FIRS with the newest version of this pack. Do I have maintain the goods and food above zero or do they just have to go above zero at the same time some time during the month to get growth? Because I am pretty sure I have done the latter but still have never seen the town grow. And doing the former seems to be practically impossible (the contents of a 10 car train are consumed almost before it has left the station, maybe possible if I have a multi-platform station devoted to just goods and food and my entire freight network devoted to just that one town).
I am supplying only goods and food, not the other cargo types that act the same.
billw
Engineer
Engineer

Post by billw »

Well I found out the answer to this myself: day length factor defaults to 1 and changing it does NOT alter the amount per day that towns consume...
billw
Engineer
Engineer

Post by billw »

Well apparently the day length also adjusts the speed primary industry produces at so back to square one I guess.... Any advice?
billw
Engineer
Engineer

Post by billw »

Well I give up. I like this build but it doesn't make sense. Here's my industry network after two days of building track and its STILL not enough to get one town to grow.
R-TEAM
Engineer
Engineer

Post by R-TEAM »

Hi,

i have too, found the values to high for town grow ... (besides the problem with water ...)
But have this deaktivated anyway ...
Use the script "Neighbours are important" - this make it in an more usable way ...

Regards
R-TEAM

Return to “OpenTTD Development”