Spring 2013 Patch Pack - English Help (Updated 02/23/2017)

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

d0mi3l
Engineer
Engineer

Re: OpenTTD Spring 2013 Patch Pack - English Help Topic

Post by d0mi3l »

pi1985 wrote: There is no difference where food or goods will go after unloading. Town will count it anyway, even they go into a Hotel.
That's great.
pi1985 wrote: Food total must be more than Food total and your town will grow. In your example, Food total must be more than 36500 kg (36 t).
I see this. Now I having 56t of foods and numbers are green. :oops:
I had to buy two fishing ground (over 16M PLN in 1834) but city grows.

About firs. Second parametr: Heart of darknes. It's new version with coffe, but it has less cargo. For me is better to stay with older version.

About your pack: all the necessary patchs in one.
And more that 64 gfr - :mrgreen: .

I must say that you've done a great job.
:bow:

Thanks for help.

When I deliver to city buldings materials, city in view-window doesn't see this.
First I must build f.e. hardware shop and then deliver those cargo. Same is with: alcohol, petrol or food. First, I must build accepting industries. ;)
zgrillo2004
Engineer
Engineer

Post by zgrillo2004 »

I am having problems with tall buildings. they are flickering only when the town is in high elevation. I know that this is a known bug but why wasn't this fixed in this patch pack? :?
pi1985
Engineer
Engineer

Post by pi1985 »

d0mi3l wrote:When I deliver to city buldings materials, city in view-window doesn't see this.First I must build f.e. hardware shop and then deliver those cargo. Same is with: alcohol, petrol or food. First, I must build accepting industries.
You're right, of cource.
Image.
zgrillo2004
Engineer
Engineer

Post by zgrillo2004 »

Sorry to be a pain but I still have the issue where tall buildings are flickering. Please help
Edit: I might have found the cause of the problem. believe it or not but its being caused by the More height levels patch. the flickering doesn't happen with the tiny version. but with lite and full, which does have that patch, it screws with the buildings. :?: I think an binary that has it removed should be in order if possible, this is too good to be annoyed by a small problem. :|
Diamond42
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Diamond42 »

G'Day all,

Just installed this, its really well put together, good work!

One quick question, can you add a newgrf after starting a game? You could in the last version I was playing but this seems to no longer be an option...?

Thanks Guys!
pi1985
Engineer
Engineer

Post by pi1985 »

Diamond42 wrote:can you add a newgrf after starting a game?
[vanya@VanyaBook ottd]$ cat openttd.cfg | grep devel
developer = 1
newgrf_developer_tools = true
ai_developer_tools = true
scenario_developer = true
[vanya@VanyaBook ottd]$
zgrillo2004 wrote:Edit: I might have found the cause of the problem. believe it or not but its being caused by the More height levels patch. the flickering doesn't happen with the tiny version. but with lite and full, which does have that patch, it screws with the buildings. I think an binary that has it removed should be in order if possible, this is too good to be annoyed by a small problem.
Thanks, I'll check it.
Image.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

You can, but once you do, your game risks a possibility of becoming unstable, crashing, or becoming permanently corrupted.
ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ChillCore »

Kamnet wrote: You can, but once you do, your game risks a possibility of becoming unstable, crashing, or becoming permanently corrupted.
Remove the risk, is unstable, will crash and is permenantly corrupted, are the words I would have used.

Hmm can I see a savegame please with those glitches caused by the MHL patch please?
I know of GRFs causing flickering (subways in NuTracks in a previous version) but I never saw glitches caused by the MHL patch as zgrillo2004 discribes, except for when the code was not adjusted to work with the latest version of OpenGFX and spritenumbering was off.

In the meantime I wll need to install this pack and see the code for myself before making statements.
-- .- -.-- / - .... . / ..-. --- .-. -.-. . / -... . / .-- .. - .... / -.-- --- ..- .-.-.-
--- .... / -.-- . .- .... --..-- / .- -. -.. / .--. .-. .- .. ... . / - .... . / .-.. --- .-. -.. / ..-. --- .-. / .... . / --. .- ...- . / ..- ... / -.-. .... --- --- -.-. .... --- --- ... .-.-.- / ---... .--.

Playing with my patchpack? Ask questions on usage and report bugs in the correct thread first, please.
All included patches have been modified and are no longer 100% original.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

If somebody else doesn't do it sooner, I'll do it this weekend as soon as I make a starter game that's smaller than 4096x4096 and 100+ NewGRFs. :D

I've noticed the glitching as well, I'm assuming that the code being used in Spring 2013 isn't the same that you've tweaked for use in CPP.
ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ChillCore »

Yeah that would be cool thanks.

Could you update the first post too with the latest and complet pack and perhaps keep it somewhat updated, if it is not too much trouble?

I checked Billw's source in a quickie and noticed that the sprites are inserted somewhere else then in all the other patches, that add sprites, I have seen before.

I did not get to check his binary yet as it is not complete and honestly I have no clue which one to download to paste his in(*) ... I was going to compile it myself but I locked myself out of this pc to stop that spyware prog I need to play games and my linux environment seems to be broken at the moment. (I did not yet update sincce beginning this year)

Also if I remeber correctly the flickering in nutracks was (?is?) caused by animated colour usage in the wrong place. if you spot it can you try disabling animation please?

Lastly ... not sure if it is the MHL patch perse, this patchpack adds 5 (not_New)GRFs; not just flat_blacktiles.grf.

(*)It should be reported and removed to be honest because of the missing license (besides missing other files).
Billw ... please use the "make bundle" command when creating binaries to distribute; that will make it a standalone binary with all required files in it.
-- .- -.-- / - .... . / ..-. --- .-. -.-. . / -... . / .-- .. - .... / -.-- --- ..- .-.-.-
--- .... / -.-- . .- .... --..-- / .- -. -.. / .--. .-. .- .. ... . / - .... . / .-.. --- .-. -.. / ..-. --- .-. / .... . / --. .- ...- . / ..- ... / -.-. .... --- --- -.-. .... --- --- ... .-.-.- / ---... .--.

Playing with my patchpack? Ask questions on usage and report bugs in the correct thread first, please.
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

I'm glad I found this patch pack but theres one little thing about this pack that irks me a little

In other packs with daylength patches cargo output is increased with longer day lengths, but in this patch pack longer day lengths don't increase cargo output, thus vehicles sit at stations or ports longer then they should be.

Too bad there wasn't a daily output patch so that industries put out a certain about of cargo daily rather then monthly
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
zgrillo2004
Engineer
Engineer

Post by zgrillo2004 »

at least try and fix the clipping on buildings. Like I said, it may have to do with the more heights patch
Diamond42
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Diamond42 »

[vanya@VanyaBook ottd]$ cat openttd.cfg | grep devel
developer = 1
newgrf_developer_tools = true
ai_developer_tools = true
scenario_developer = true
[vanya@VanyaBook ottd]$
Thanks for this, but where does it go? Into the config file? Ive tried pasting it in there and it doesnt work... :-/

Thanks again for taking the time to answer, you guys are legends!
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Alberth »

If you don't understand it, you are likely to get yourself in a big mess by doing this. Eventually, changing newgrfs in a running game will break your game completely with no hope for recovery.
I advise you not to try it, and just start a new game when you want a new confiuration of your newgrfs.
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

If you want to try (and risk it all) changing new grfs in game, those settings you saw must be changed in the openttd.cfg . Use the "Find" feature in note pad, word pad, or what ever you use to edit the CFG and make the changes as needed.

I've had luck while changing most grf's mid game, as well as adding grf's mid game, but never touch grf's currently in use (like when using trains from a trainset grf) or important grf's like Industry sets (removing or chaning industry grf's will mess the game up)
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ChillCore »

zgrillo2004 wrote: at least try and fix the clipping on buildings. Like I said, it may have to do with the more heights patch
Then at least help me helping you.
Have you at least tried disabling animation?
I take semi-responsability for the MHL patch but I am not convinced it is that patch causing what you see.

Here is my problem:
- I downloaded the binary that Billw provided, it is incomplete so I can not run it ... at all, because I do not have the binarey that I should overwrite with his (besides that I do not do theoverwriting stuff as this causes nothing but trouble).
- I only have his source, which I can not compile on this PC (win8), I have only guest status on this PC (By choice) and EVERYTHING has NO permissions at all but run what I install in safe mode.
- My other PC (WinXP) that can still compile is offline, permanently, just like my win98 pc. I want that machine running in 10 years still and not ruined by some crappy update.
- The compiling environment of my other other PC (linux) is broken, I should upgrade from Mint 13 to 15, this means backing up lots and lots of folders which I am not willing to spend time on right now.
- My other PC (linux also) went poof while setting it up as my main develpment sytem with raid and such, I am happy I did poof before I really started using it, but it is not yet repaired. I am not going to repair it now I have other priorities.

That is on my side and not really rrelevant and none of your problems.

There is more:
- I do not know what you are seeing. Screenshots would help for sure to give me an idea.
- I do not even know what binary you are using. shall I try all of them or will you provide yours?
- Billw his source is not the source that you are playing with, is it? Or is it not? I do not know so looking at his code is pointless. shall I check all of them?
- I have no clue what NewGRF you are using, like I mentioned NuTracks was causing flickering with animated colours. Maybe this is the case also now? shall I just try all af them?
- Tellin me what NewGRF you have is of no use, I am not going to search 2.7GB of NewGRF to see if I can find the matching ID, but a savegame would allow me to see immedaitly if I have those or not.

So all I have to go by is: "We are playing this patchpack and we see glitches".
That is nothing I can use, nothing at all. I am not going to spend the next six months trying everything that I mentioned above.

ps:
I tried to keep this explanation short, it should have been at least triple the amount of lines to even remotely describe what kind of impossible task I would be taking upon myself, during my break of coding, and still not get anywhere.

kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Playing with version 1.7.80 Full

Using TTRS 3.14, Canadian Cities 1.1a and Urban Renewal Set beta 2. 1024x1024 map, 60 height levels.
Attachments
chillcoretest.sav
(533.95 KiB) Downloaded 138 times
ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ChillCore »

Thank you Kamnet, downloading as I type.

NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

Yeah I've noticed the glitching of tall buildings as well, and i have my blitter set to 32bpp-optimized. What happens is the top part of buildings disappear and reappear (I believe its every screen update like when vehicles are moving about). IM currently using OpenGFX Base graphics ( have the 32bpp blitter for when I want to play 32bpp grfs).

This happens with North American\Canadian Cities as well as TTRS.

I'm using the very latest Full Version of the patch pack (August)
ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ChillCore »

Tall buildings clip yes because they are too tall, this is nothing new and happens in clean openttd also.
this is caused by the z-ordering (if that is the term to use.)
This took me 2 seconds to realise. (So again thank you Kamnet for saving me heaps and heaps of time)

Not sure if I like the behaviour of this pack ... my clean openttd.cfg file got renamed to openttd.cfg.new and placed in a "openttd.cfg" folder? why?
I just undid that manually and it ain't moving anymore, for now at least. People, including me, expect to find the config file in the normal places (as explained in the readme) and having to search for it is ... meh by lack of better words

I just spend untill now trying to find the canadian city set and have just decided to load the game without that, now I remember why I do not have it.
It is simply impossible to find and it does not look like the author has any intent at all to make it more easy for any of us, I stopped searching for it before and am doing so now too. [/rant]
If anyone is refering to anything else and wants me to look at the actual code please pm me the
cananadian city NewGRF v1.1a ID 43414371.

Return to “OpenTTD Development”