Yet Another Patch Pack based on YACD

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

korobkov
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Yet Another Patch Pack based on YACD

Post by korobkov »

Seems this bug appears with OpenGFX versions newer than 0.4.7. Trond told me that switching to 0.4.7 helped him, and it also helped me…
suburbansky
Engineer
Engineer

Post by suburbansky »

Ah, that did the trick! Thanks... I tried this before, but it didn't work at first - had to delete the newer OpenGFX first. ;)
Trond
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Trond »

suburbansky wrote:Somehow I missed the point about how to solve the "garbage on map edges" problem... Can anybody tell me what I should do?
Change opengfx for 0.4.7 I believe :)
..: Trond :.. because you deserve it! Image

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves,
and wiser people so full of doubts.
Bertrand Russell

MyGRFs: Norwegian Funny Town Names 4 | LOTR & WoW Town Names 2 | Islandic Town Names 1 | Random Norwegian Town Names
Favorites: GRFCrawler | ISR | WIKI | Now Playing: OpenTTD 1.3.2 w/YAPP 3.0-RC3.9ish
suburbansky
Engineer
Engineer

Post by suburbansky »

Thanks for your help...

I've encountered another problem that must have to do with YAPP, though: After about an hour or so into a new game (single player, only other company is TownCars) gets terribly slow, barely playable. I haven't added any NewGRFs or anything since switching over from the former YAPP version where I never encountered this problem. And I'm 100% sure that it's the game as such which causes the problem with itself. Once back in the main menu, everything runs at normal speed (PC in general does too) - but if I reload the game I'm instantly back in slow motion.
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

people can only find out what's causing the problem if you actually upload the savegame...
Dudok22
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Dudok22 »

I have similar problem on my game right now. It happened after I built freeway connecting 2 cities maybe 200 blocks apart. I've transported sand and clay by around 100 trucks. game was slower and If any of 2 cities started road reconstruction game slowed down to maybe 1 fps or less.
suburbansky
Engineer
Engineer

Post by suburbansky »

Funny thing... It happens after building a freeway with me as well. ?(

Anyway, I've attached the savegame. I would really appreciate if somebody could look into it. :bow:
Attachments
SAMtrak, 15. Nov 1925.sav
(63.13 KiB) Downloaded 172 times
mfans
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by mfans »

I ask an easy question, when at the start the two towns produce and accept travlers both, and a bus line is running both cities and making money. Later the two cities don't accept any passengers any more, how to do to reset the two cities to re-produce and accept passengers again? I play with 1.32+RC3.0.
mfans
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by mfans »

And I want to know how to use the clipboard, where I can find the manual? Thanks.
mfans
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by mfans »

Why always says that the buses or trucks can't find the road, when it is really can reach the destination.
Bjørn
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Bjørn »

I am overall very happy with this package, but today I got a crash. Savefile is too big, so I am not allowed to attach it (map is 2048x2048).

The crash happened when I clicked on "Manage list / Template replacement" from a bus station.

Another bug I have (with the same map, 250 height levels) is that I cannot edit my scenario map out to the East edge when high terrain goes all the way to the edge.
mfans
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by mfans »

I play with YACD 1.3.2, map 1024*1024. I found sometime the game runs very slow, flip by flip, how to solve it?

Now I know it is of FIRS, can I ask YACD can work with ECS?
jakob
Engineer
Engineer

Post by jakob »

I got some problems with this patchpack, because if i'm using the FIRS newgrf, or the ECS, there is some industries that i can't see, instead the pop up like the coalmine.

Please help.
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

you cannot directly build primary industries like coal mines, unless you enable that in the advanced settings
Yousei
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Yousei »

Dudok22 wrote:I have similar problem on my game right now. It happened after I built freeway connecting 2 cities maybe 200 blocks apart. I've transported sand and clay by around 100 trucks. game was slower and If any of 2 cities started road reconstruction game slowed down to maybe 1 fps or less.
suburbansky wrote:Funny thing... It happens after building a freeway with me as well. ?(

Anyway, I've attached the savegame. I would really appreciate if somebody could look into it. :bow:
I encounter this whenever a car without orders tries to go on a one way path of no return.
If your highway looks like this for example:
>>>>><>>>>>>
<<<<<<<<<<<<
mfans
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by mfans »

I played with 1.3.2+RC3, I transported coal to plant. And I found only 10% of coals were sent to the plant, Should I transport the coal in this real mine to more destinations in the list?
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

... that's kinda the point of YACD...
mfans
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by mfans »

Hi, Eddi, thanks, but one more question.
As I said, I connected one coal mine with one plant by a train, there was only 5% of coal was delivered.
So I made a joint station with train and trunks, but the trunks had no coal to upload. But when I seperated the station into a train station and a trunk station, the trunks started to load coal. Should every coal mine to have one train station and one car station for trunks and trains? Also if there two train lines can I only have one train station to deliver coals to two plants?
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

no, the coal just prefers the trains because they are faster.
mfans
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by mfans »

Eddi,thanks.
Now I have another question, sorry because I am new.
I made a trunk station for the same coal mine for 2 lines to 2 plants, but the second line the trunk had no coal to be loaded, at the station the coal only go to the first plant. should I made two stations in the same coal mine for two plant destination? Or how to set the two trunks to share one station to deliver coals to different plants? thanks.

Return to “OpenTTD Development”