Yet Another Patch Pack based on YACD

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

DC-1
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Yet Another Patch Pack based on YACD

Post by DC-1 »

stb wrote:Hi there,

Tried the last RC and a couple issues:
1. Could you change the color of the minimap? Adv settings | Interface | Display options |
Land color... doesn't distinguish Green and Dark green.
2. Land contours in the minimap don't match contours in the main map. Regarding heights.
3. Too much water... Sea level setting?
These are come from the moreheightlevel patch.
TERdON
Engineer
Engineer

Post by TERdON »

ipsirc wrote:And for every player who asked for moreheightlevel - voila! :wink:
Yay, awesome! :-)
wjhunt78
Engineer
Engineer

Post by wjhunt78 »

Hi, great patch pack!! But I encounter one very big problem when timetabling: I can't set any start time anymore. When clicking on that button the dialog window appears, I type a four digit number, press Enter and then it crashes... This makes me very sad, because this ruins the great experience.
DC-1
Engineer
Engineer

Post by DC-1 »

wjhunt78 wrote:Hi, great patch pack!! But I encounter one very big problem when timetabling: I can't set any start time anymore. When clicking on that button the dialog window appears, I type a four digit number, press Enter and then it crashes... This makes me very sad, because this ruins the great experience.
Wow, thanx for bugreporting! I'll look at.

Edit: I can't reproduce it. Please attach a savegame and tell me which vehicle do the crash!
Trond
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Trond »

Well, I dunno if this can be reproduces in another game or if its my save (lots of grfs).

Click on station and choose template replacement. Bang!

EDIT: Happens on new game aswell.
Attachments
templaterep1.png
templaterep1.png (29.64 KiB) Viewed 10042 times
templaterep2.png
templaterep2.png (28.97 KiB) Viewed 10042 times
templaterep3.png
templaterep3.png (39.37 KiB) Viewed 10042 times
Last edited by Trond on 25 Nov 2013 15:06, edited 1 time in total.
..: Trond :.. because you deserve it! Image

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves,
and wiser people so full of doubts.
Bertrand Russell

MyGRFs: Norwegian Funny Town Names 4 | LOTR & WoW Town Names 2 | Islandic Town Names 1 | Random Norwegian Town Names
Favorites: GRFCrawler | ISR | WIKI | Now Playing: OpenTTD 1.3.2 w/YAPP 3.0-RC3.9ish
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

Trond wrote:Well, I dunno if this can be reproduces in another game or if its my save (lots of grfs).

how big does one have to write

attach the savegame

for you to notice it?
Trond
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Trond »

It isnt alwats that there are any point in attaching a savegame. This happens in every game I start, so it probably will do for others aswell, or it is a newgrf problem...

Doesnt matter how big you write it, when it isnt needed I dont see any need to attach a savegame.

Polite however, that can always be attached!

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves,
Bertrand Russell

MyGRFs: Norwegian Funny Town Names 4 | LOTR & WoW Town Names 2 | Islandic Town Names 1 | Random Norwegian Town Names
Favorites: GRFCrawler | ISR | WIKI | Now Playing: OpenTTD 1.3.2 w/YAPP 3.0-RC3.9ish
Trond
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Trond »

If ipsirc can just open a game, click the template replacement button and experience the same, there is no need for a savegame for him to see what happens... For all I know it could be something he already fixed for next version. If thats not the case, i can easily make a savegame and send/attach if he needs it.

Edit: ups, theres a post missing between this post and my previous post... I guess the author deleted it...

Bertrand Russell

DC-1
Engineer
Engineer

Post by DC-1 »

Trond wrote:Well, I dunno if this can be reproduces in another game or if its my save (lots of grfs).

EDIT: Happens on new game aswell.
There is no template replacement button in station gui. It is only available from vehicle list window, and that made the crash. Can you post a screenshot how to reproduce it? I've tried but I can't.
Trond
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Trond »

I click on the trainicon in the stationwindow so the vehiclelist for that station pops up, then I choose Template replacement from there and it crashes... I've tried it also on a new game with no grf-files and just one station and one train, and it crashes then also.

(Just in case you didnt notice from the screens I posted earlier, I'm still using RC2, but maybe I should install RC3 soon and see if ut happens there too...)
Attachments
Clipboard01.png
Clipboard01.png (40.71 KiB) Viewed 9970 times

Bertrand Russell

DC-1
Engineer
Engineer

Post by DC-1 »

Trond wrote:I click on the trainicon in the stationwindow so the vehiclelist for that station pops up, then I choose Template replacement from there and it crashes... I've tried it also on a new game with no grf-files and just one station and one train, and it crashes then also.

(Just in case you didnt notice from the screens I posted earlier, I'm still using RC2, but maybe I should install RC3 soon and see if ut happens there too...)
Okie, i got it, the same bug here. I've never used replace vehicles from the station gui. RC3 still crash, but i assume to use it, because the next release won't be compatible with RC2. Until fixed you can always use the template replace from the main vehicle list window.
Thanx for reporting!
Trond
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Trond »

You welcome!
I've never used the template replace at all myself, I was just gonna check it out and see how it worked, hehe :) I will try from vehicle list when I feel brave ;)
I will 'upgrade' to rc3 soon.

Bertrand Russell

DC-1
Engineer
Engineer

Post by DC-1 »

Trond wrote:You welcome!
I've never used the template replace at all myself, I was just gonna check it out and see how it worked, hehe :) I will try from vehicle list when I feel brave ;)
I will 'upgrade' to rc3 soon.
Ehh, i've noticed the original game take care of not to display autoreplace button when call from station gui. Now template replace button is also hidden. What an easy fix. 8)
And i have to give you a big thanx for making betatest for this patchpack on your own! :wink:
Trond
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Trond »

Excellent! And my pleasure, I love alpha/betatesting :)

EDIT to avoid doublepost:

Installed RC3 earlier, and there are no black edges outside my maps now, just a lot of garbage... See screenshot... This happens when I make new maps or load old ones... Missing files or something?

EDIT2: Problem solved... :roll:
Attachments
Clipboard01.png
Clipboard01.png (426.43 KiB) Viewed 9898 times
Last edited by Trond on 28 Nov 2013 07:24, edited 1 time in total.

Bertrand Russell

DC-1
Engineer
Engineer

Post by DC-1 »

Trond wrote: Installed RC3 earlier, and there are no black edges outside my maps now, just a lot of garbage... See screenshot... This happens when I make new maps or load old ones... Missing files or something?
Ehm, this was a common moreheightlevel bug, but i've fixed it. I've tried with random generated maps with on linux and win32 some minutes ago, but i couldn't reproduce them. It is based on flat_blacktiles.grf in data dir - did you copy? And...attach savegame, pls! :->
Trond
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Trond »

I see that file in the datadir, flat_blacktiles.grf, so it is present. This savegame I made is doing the same thing you see in the picture I posted in my previous post.

I play in win 7 pro if that matters...
Attachments
Uten navn, 1. Jan 1950.sav
(214.34 KiB) Downloaded 171 times

Bertrand Russell

newbibob
Engineer
Engineer

Post by newbibob »

newbibob: Okie, that sounds a really balanced game type what you do. I'm still trying to fix leasing, i'll call a friend to help me in bugfinding soon
Thank you good sir! I'm grateful for the effort :)

I am testing too but so far I had only a handful of crashes, not frequent and many I couldn't isolate from grf/AI related problems. Only had 1 I could ever recreate too and it was a fixed date in-game until I went back 1 more auto save, then it was fine. It got overwritten before I thought to grab it for you. :oops:

Anywho that was a previous version and I'm in exam week at the moment so too busy to play at all but I will be updating and letting you know how it goes once I'm done with hell exams.
Trond
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Trond »

Noticed a new 'problem' (for me)... The time of the departureboard doesnt match the time for timetable... The timetable time matches the clock shown on my statusbar in the game, the departureboard doesnt...

Savegame included, but I forgot to turn of the newgrf's, so if thats a problem, I'll make a new savegame right away...

Savegame without any grf's added.
Attachments
times.png
times.png (102.62 KiB) Viewed 9774 times
TT2.sav
(240.14 KiB) Downloaded 166 times

Bertrand Russell

Tintinfan
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Tintinfan »

Greetings,

Firstly - it's great we can now load the games in RC3. However - we are having frequent desyncs over multiplayer. As you asked, I have attached a savegame. It was taken just after a desync, but as stated to appear to be occurring quite frequently. Aswell, I noted under InfraShare...

Where did "Stopping fee for docks" go? I guessed it must be the "Stopping fee for road vehicles" below the first one...
Attachments
Japanese National Railways, 1950-09-20.sav
(1.17 MiB) Downloaded 165 times
Regards,

Tinny/Tintinfan. :)
DC-1
Engineer
Engineer

Post by DC-1 »

Trond wrote:Noticed a new 'problem' (for me)... The time of the departureboard doesnt match the time for timetable... The timetable time matches the clock shown on my statusbar in the game, the departureboard doesnt...
Thanx, it will be fixed in next release.
Tintinfan wrote:Where did "Stopping fee for docks" go? I guessed it must be the "Stopping fee for road vehicles" below the first one...
Yes, the 2nd line for road vehicles is for ships, just the text are wrong. It will be also fixed in next version.
And now i'm going to analyze the savegame + desync problem. (i can't promise anything :| )

Return to “OpenTTD Development”