Yet Another Patch Pack based on YACD

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Trond
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Yet Another Patch Pack based on YACD

Post by Trond »

Sounds good to me :)
..: Trond :.. because you deserve it! Image

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves,
and wiser people so full of doubts.
Bertrand Russell

MyGRFs: Norwegian Funny Town Names 4 | LOTR & WoW Town Names 2 | Islandic Town Names 1 | Random Norwegian Town Names
Favorites: GRFCrawler | ISR | WIKI | Now Playing: OpenTTD 1.3.2 w/YAPP 3.0-RC3.9ish
coalroads artist
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by coalroads artist »

Thanks for this! I've been playing with a release a few pages back and haven't had any problems so far, but having ball with YACD and IS - really adds a realistic dimension to game play, especially with tweaking day length :) Thanks again!
Original AUSSET graphics artist.
-Mr squiggle was my mentor!
Tracking table-Ausset
d0mi3l
Engineer
Engineer

Post by d0mi3l »

What did you think about "(..)Multipliers for the cost of construction and maintenance of railway for all 16-and possible types(..)"? Like is in OTTD SpringPack 2013. I ask, because I use Nutrack and prices of pieces track are same in your pack. Very Low Speed Rail = High Speed Rail :(
Or even if you adds something like basecost.grf with my up proposition. :idea: :wink:
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by romazoon »

Hi, :D

There is a small problem with the city's window (the window poping up when u click on city name, just to be clear) : I canno t see all the destination inside it, and the more ennoying is i can t access to the "city council" buton (to bribe the town, advertisement, etc)....
so is there a way to scroll down inside that window to access to the lowest part of that window ? Or anyother solution to that problem ?

Also, thank you for the time you spend/t into that nice patchpack :bow:
Trond
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Trond »

Hi!

I'll try again: what are the chances for all these patches to be updated to latest trunk and get a pack for that? Impossible?

I would really love to try latest trunk with atleast the daylenght patch

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves,
Bertrand Russell

MyGRFs: Norwegian Funny Town Names 4 | LOTR & WoW Town Names 2 | Islandic Town Names 1 | Random Norwegian Town Names
Favorites: GRFCrawler | ISR | WIKI | Now Playing: OpenTTD 1.3.2 w/YAPP 3.0-RC3.9ish
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by 3298 »

All patches included here? Yes, that's impossible due to YACD conflicting with Cargodist, which is in trunk. So you would lose a patch which plays a key role in this patchpack, making all saves incompatible. I don't think that's desirable.
For the other patches there just needs to be someone with a bit of coding experience and a lot of time who is interested in them. Such people are pretty rare, though. But at least it should be possible.
fayn
Engineer
Engineer

Post by fayn »

hi, thanks for this patchpack, great choice of patches. However i have a problem with YACD: i have 200 pax waiting at station A who are "en route to station B". Then comes a train with station B as its next stop yet no pax board this train. This repeats a few times, then next time say 150 of these pax board the train and 50 still stay at the station, even though they all have the same "next hop" and there is enough place in the train. Now i know YACD uses some intricate mechanisms to route pax, but shouldnt the pax simply travel via station B once it says they are "en route via station b"? This happen with all my stations, not only one pair.
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

this only works properly if you use shared orders. otherwise "next hop" does not equal "next hop", as the cargo will wait for a specific train.
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by 3298 »

I guess you are not using shared orders. If that's true, you are experiencing the same problem as described here:
This happens because cargo remembers the order it wants to board the train at. With shared orders, all trains would arrive with the exact same order at the station and will take the cargo with them. Without shared orders, the orders of the trains may look the same, but they aren't. (You could change the one without affecting the other.) This means the cargo will wait for a specific train: the one with the order it has in its precalculated route. In the first case, not a single piece of cargo had the arriving train's order in its assigned route. In the second case, most of the cargo did, but some didn't.
The solution is to simply use shared orders. It might make vehicle management easier as well.

PS: Ninjas!
fayn
Engineer
Engineer

Post by fayn »

many thanks, i will try if it works.
Dudok22
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Dudok22 »

Is it possible to include "signals on bridges and in tunnels" patch in this pack?
korobkov
Engineer
Engineer

Post by korobkov »

Trond wrote: Installed RC3 earlier, and there are no black edges outside my maps now, just a lot of garbage... See screenshot... This happens when I make new maps or load old ones... Missing files or something?

EDIT2: Problem solved... :roll:
Hello!
Please, advice me how to solve this problem. :bow:
I've successfully compiled the latest version (RC3) of this patch pack for GNU/Linux 64-bit (after happily making PKGBUILD for it ;)),
but I had three problems:

0) I was trying to build it for x86_64 and the build was interrupted due to losing of precision in process of converting types (compiler issued an error and a hint to use -fpermissive CFLAG). Adding this to CFLAGS actually helped, but I hope it would be fixed in the code… [PARTIALLY_SOLVED, WORKS_FOR_ME]

1) It couldn't find some additional GRF-s (clipboard.grf, flat_blacktiles.grf, trafficlights.grf). Please, mention somehow in the first post and/or in the installation instructions about these GRF-s and where could someone get them (it wasn't clear for me that source code tarball need some additional files from binary builds), and where to put them (baseset subfolder of either shared files or current user profile; all possible places could be discovered by `strace`). [PARTIALLY_SOLVED, DOCUMENTATION_NEEDED]

2) This strange bug with garbage on map edges. Still don't know how to fix it. Use flat_blacktiles.grf from binary build from first post. What to do? [REOPENED]

P.S. What about rebasing it on top of OpenTTD 1.3.3-stable?

P.P.S. I could publish the PKGBUILD and/or binary in my own Parabola/Arch GNU/Linux repo and/or AUR if anyone is interested in it ;)
Trond
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Trond »

1: the clipboard patch have atleast one of those grfs...
2: I changed opengfx for 0.4.7 I believe.

Bertrand Russell

korobkov
Engineer
Engineer

Post by korobkov »

Trond wrote: 2: I changed opengfx for 0.4.7 I believe.
Thanks, that helped. :) [SOLVED, DOCUMENTATION_NEEDED]
konrado345
Engineer
Engineer

Post by konrado345 »

Maybe my question is stupid. Against exactly which repository number are you compiling this patch? I have been trying to make a win64 without any success and resulting in hundreds of errors. The trunk was compiled successfully.

Of course an already compiled win64 version is welcomed :)
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

this patchpack cannot be compiled against trunk, it's incompatible with cargodist.

you must check out either an old trunk version before cargodist, or one of the 1.3.x releases
korobkov
Engineer
Engineer

Post by korobkov »

konrado345 wrote:Maybe my question is stupid. Against exactly which repository number are you compiling this patch?
Why stupid? I've just seen diff file named "openttd-1.3.2-DC3.0RC3.diff.gz" and guessed it to be for exactly 1.3.2-stable (SVN says it to be rev.25632, see http://vcs.openttd.org/svn/browser/tags/1.3.2?rev=25632). All patches were applied automatically by `makepkg` without eny error.
konrado345 wrote: I have been trying to make a win64 without any success and resulting in hundreds of errors. The trunk was compiled successfully.
Of course an already compiled win64 version is welcomed :)
Sorry, I can't help with win64 and windows at all, as I don't know anything about it. The only OS I use and (hope to) know is GNU/Linux.
But you are welcome to use it for games: it's free both as in freedom and as in beer :)

P.S. Here is my first package: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/openttd-yapp/
and here is my repo with the same + binary build for x86_64: https://parabola.fryxell.info/fryxell/os/x86_64/
Both are suitable for Parabola GNU/Linux and possibly other Archlinux-based distros.
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

note that /trunk r25632 is something entirely different than /tags/1.3.2 r25632,
Chugun
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Chugun »

I love this patch pack. YACD simulates like real world.
I used "Chills patchpack" before, but now I am using this patch pack usually.
But one thing is missing: "Signals in tunnels and on bridges" patch (http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=41260).
Just I try to make a long bridge/tunnel, there's no signal on/in there, so train stops before entrances of them... :-P
If this patch is included, this will be the best patch pack I think. :-D
(or if I know how to include it, I will try it :-)
suburbansky
Engineer
Engineer

Post by suburbansky »

Somehow I missed the point about how to solve the "garbage on map edges" problem... Can anybody tell me what I should do?

Return to “OpenTTD Development”