Yet Another Patch Pack based on YACD

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Yet Another Patch Pack based on YACD

Post by Eddi »

check whether the second plant is listed in the preferred destinations of the mine.
mfans
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by mfans »

Eddi wrote:check whether the second plant is listed in the preferred destinations of the mine.
Yes,it is in the list, so I ask this question.

I solve it by change the loading order to "load any goods to full"
Last edited by mfans on 10 Feb 2014 00:45, edited 1 time in total.
NCarlson
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by NCarlson »

Just wondering what patch is causing the more realistic maps we see in here than trunk? I only see more height levels in the list, but is that all it really takes for terragenesis to work so much better?
NCarlson
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by NCarlson »

Just wondering what patch is causing the more realistic maps we see in here than trunk? I only see more height levels in the list, but is that all it really takes for terragenesis to work so much better?
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

that depends on what you mean with "realistic" and what kind of settings you use. MHL contains a few adjustments to terragenesis, to allow higher mountains etc., but the basic principle is the same.
zgrillo2004
Engineer
Engineer

Post by zgrillo2004 »

This patch pack is pretty interesting :D , However there is one little thing thats missing :? . "Enhanced Viewports"
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=53394
It lets you zoom out far enough to actually see the whole map. and its especially handy for gigantic maps. I was hoping if you can put this in your patchpack.

Thanks man :)
mfans
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by mfans »

I use no industrial GRF, but some house GRF. I found some house accept ' invalid cargo", what is wrong with this? Is there some house GRF can't be used? thanks, Happy Valentine's Day.
mfans
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by mfans »

Here are the GRFs loaded.
Attachments
GRF.png
GRF.png (16.12 KiB) Viewed 10312 times
zgrillo2004
Engineer
Engineer

Post by zgrillo2004 »

Did you check and see if it requires ECS or FIRS? that might explain the Invalid Cargo issue.
mfans
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by mfans »

zgrillo2004 wrote:Did you check and see if it requires ECS or FIRS? that might explain the Invalid Cargo issue.
I was told that YACD cann't use ECS or FIRS, there are some japanese building accept 'Invalid cargo', but some japanese buildings accept 'final goods', I think the 'invalid cargo' is equal to 'final goods', as I use Japanese House GRF, thanks.
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Alberth »

Did you change newgrfs of this game?
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

mfans wrote:
zgrillo2004 wrote:Did you check and see if it requires ECS or FIRS? that might explain the Invalid Cargo issue.
I was told that YACD cann't use ECS or FIRS, there are some japanese building accept 'Invalid cargo', but some japanese buildings accept 'final goods', I think the 'invalid cargo' is equal to 'final goods', as I use Japanese House GRF, thanks.
IIRC there are some versions of that NewGRF which are buggy and show that behaviour under certain circumstances.
mfans
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by mfans »

Alberth wrote:Did you change newgrfs of this game?
No,this is the only list I use, and all is the latest version.
mfans
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by mfans »

OpenTTD 1.3.2+YACD, sometimes I found the trunks' orders would disappear, so the trunks had no orders as to transport the goods, any good way to avoid it?
Mojhave
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Mojhave »

Just found this lovely Patch Pack and gave it a try. Can anyone tell me,which settings he uses for the daylength patch? For example: I just want the game to go 10 times slower in gametime, but everything should be the same in realtime.

I tried:
Day length factor: 10
Slow down production factor: 4
Town cargo generation factor: 0
Running cost: easy
Balance factor: 5

I have to admit, i have absolutely no clue, what these settings change... (especially the balance factor). Even with reading the patchnotes for the daylength patch. Maybe someone can shed some light :)

Thx
Damrus
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Damrus »

I don't know if you mind but I have a suggested Patch addition that might be cool.

It is an oldy that has been revived.

Route markers
http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php? ... &start=100

It allows for passing lanes so faster trains can pass.

Seems pretty cool.
Abiz
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Abiz »

This patch rocks! I've been playing a game with this patch on and off for the last 6 months, and would like to say thank you to everyone who has contributed towards it (and Openttd ofcourse) and DC1 for compiling it!

I have a question concerning passenger movement / statistics though: I've been extending a City to 500k, and try to deliver a good service to them and 30 (another 200k altogether) small cities on a 1024x2048 map. Due to YACD i've been able to build up quite a neat network (acutally 2) connecting every station with every other station via transfers. When I click on town names the window displays the number of passengers transported and the number of max passengers that could have been transported. Simultaneously these numbers are shown for other large cities and their connections.

Is it possible to export these numbers to a txt or excell file?

I've nearly reached 40% transported for my large city, and am now struggling to improve this number further. Also I sometimes have bad ratings at stations I don't quite understand at first sight. I attribute these to piled up passengers further down the network most of the time, however it sometimes is a real challenge to find these "weak" links. It would be a great help if I could anaylse the demand via excell or other tools to improve my network further.

(I hope this is the correct thread for this question, I couldn't find anything similiar using the search or google, but thought it to be a too specific question to start a own thread for it. It obviously only concerns YACD with long months, hence I posted it here 8) )

Once again thank you to everyone contributing to this marvel of a game!
ixcoder
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ixcoder »

Hi there,

thank you a lot for this patch pack. I just tried it out a few days ago and it's really awesome to me.

Now I found an issue in my current game. I am using ECS vectors. Now I have an oil rig where oil is destinated to a power plant. But this power plant does not accept oil (it's oil stockpile is 0). Would be glad to see this solved.

If this does not belong to this thread please tell me where to ask.

Situation is attached.
Attachments
DRG - Deutsche Reichsbahn, 1923-05-23#1.png
Oil distributed to power plant with 0 oil stockpile
(212.44 KiB) Downloaded 1 time
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

ECS generally does not work well with any kind of destinations, you should try "simpler" industry GRFs or not use destinations.

in this particular case, ECS creates a discrepancy between what the industry (as a whole) accepts (coal and oil) and what each industry tile (and thus the nearby station) accepts (coal, but oil only after 1950). this is because what the industry accepts must be constant throughout the whole game, but what the industry tiles accept can be dynamically changed.

what YACD does is look at what the industry (as a whole) accepts, and thus cannot anticipate that no station that is built near this industry can accept the cargo, thus you cannot ever create this connection. there is really nothing you could do to solve this.

this is entirely different if you use CargoDist, because it looks at what the station accepts instead of what the industry accepts, but CargoDist will be horribly confused by the frequent turning on and off of acceptance when you reach the stockpile limits.

Return to “OpenTTD Development”