Yet Another Patch Pack based on YACD

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

sunshare
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Re: Yet Another Patch Pack based on YACD

Post by sunshare »

This patch is great !! When armed for version 1.4.3?

greetings
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

It cannot be. Before version 1.4.x, it was possible to implement an alternate way to manage cargo by using either the YACD or CargoDist patch. As of 1.4.0, CargoDist was selected to be included in all future versions of OpenTTD. It may be possible to update this pack with new patches but it will have to be on an older version of OpenTTD.
sunshare
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by sunshare »

I'm testing the patch and I see that when I start placing roads and railway industries suddenly set to 0 and produce nothing.

This as it solve? or is there some GRF install that produces the error?
Attachments
Muir & Co., 22nd Feb 1992.png
(218.74 KiB) Downloaded 6 times
Kaiser-NA
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Kaiser-NA »

How would I go about installing the Wider Rivers .diff file on Windows?
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

Kaiser-NA wrote:How would I go about installing the Wider Rivers .diff file on Windows?
Like this: http://wiki.openttd.org/Compiling_on_Wi ... 2B%2B_2012
ksora
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ksora »

I merged Bridge Signal (http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=41260) to it.

I think it works pretty well, but it can have some bugs.

----

This patch file is git style diff. If you don't want to install git, you can get whole source code at my github page. https://github.com/koreapyj/openttd-yapp
Attachments
yapp-bridgesignal.diff
Patch file
(52.05 KiB) Downloaded 142 times
1.3.2-3.0RC3-BS_win32.zip
windows 32bit
(8.7 MiB) Downloaded 179 times
1.3.2-3.0RC3-BS_win64.zip
windows 64bit
(9.16 MiB) Downloaded 219 times
shorty66
Engineer
Engineer

Post by shorty66 »

The Game crashes if a slope next to a tunnel entry is copied which also contains a bridge ending (see attached picture).
This crash does not occur with the newest clipboard patch and r26400M.

PS: i am using the variant from tha last post including tunnel signals, but the crash also occurs without signals placed.

EDIT: The game also crashes whenever bridges and tunnels are close or crossing. See second attached screenshot.
Attachments
SlopeCrash.png
SlopeCrash.png (37.92 KiB) Viewed 12161 times
SlopeCrash.png
SlopeCrash.png (43.73 KiB) Viewed 12157 times
Solomon555
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Solomon555 »

I discovered an unusual bug and couldn't find a mention anywhere on the forums. When loading a heightmap in the Scenario Editor, the environment operation seems to stop. I posted a picture of an example during terrain editing. Water doesn't fill sea level, brown dirt doesn't regrow grass, and if you play the scenario (or straight from the heightmap), stations and industry don't produce any cargo or passengers.

Creating a scenario from scratch works fine, like normal. I've tested every possible configuration and I can't get a game created from a .png hieghtmap to do anything. No idea why. Can anyone shed some light on this? Using newgrfs seems to have no effect (using some, all my usual, or none).
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (54.22 KiB) Viewed 11913 times
A Planeset Painter
Karn
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Karn »

Firstly, in my opinion this patch pack is the most awesome OpenTTD version ever. Most likely because for me is yacd much more interesting than cargodist. So, I'm kind of stuck with this version, since cargodist became part of official branch.

Now the bug part. :P

I've been playing this with my friends for looong looong time. Well.. there is multiplayer desync problem, which is caused by unknown bug in saving/loading game (I'd bet it's something in afterload() function), but it's possible to play it anyway, when we always start server in paused game and wait until everyone join. (in this case everyone has same game state, because afterload() is called at the same game tick() for everyone). I'm not expecting this to be fixed, because it's just too complex to verify everything.

But there is one little bug, I'd like to see fixed. Game crashes, when I try to set speed limit in timetable window (see the picture). Savegame is not attached, it crashes in every game. There is one exception, when it doesn't - if I change time at first, variable this->query_widget is set to "correct" value and I can change speed limit after that.
Okay, I'm not talking only, I wrote tiny bugfix for this. :D
Attachments
bug.jpg
bug.jpg (64.85 KiB) Viewed 3878 times
max_speed_timetable_fix.diff
(454 Bytes) Downloaded 162 times
Karn
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Karn »

ksora wrote:I merged Bridge Signal (http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=41260) to it.

I think it works pretty well, but it can have some bugs.
Found one. Memory bug connecting gui settings (65539 is strange value in range [1,16], and why is road stop on town road turning off itself..?). It connected bridge signal interval, extra dynamite, road stop on town road and road stop on competitor road settings into one variable.

Fix attached.
Attachments
bs_fix.diff
(489 Bytes) Downloaded 160 times
gazzari
Engineer
Engineer

Post by gazzari »

Karn wrote:Firstly, in my opinion this patch pack is the most awesome OpenTTD version ever. Most likely because for me is yacd much more interesting than cargodist. So, I'm kind of stuck with this version, since cargodist became part of official branch.
I agree. In my opinion YACD is the best mod for OTTD ever. It is a real pity this mod cannot be put on the current versions.

With this I can click on a town and see where people and mail need to go. I have to connect everything like in real life. If Bob needs to go from Here to There, there needs to be a link, Bus to Train to Bus and so on.
The other cargo dist tells me stuff I already know, like how much traffic is on my lines. I know by looking if it is congested, I dont need a patch to tell me!

At the moment I always come back to a game I have going on this version, with time slowed so I dont have to rush.
fayn
Engineer
Engineer

Post by fayn »

Karn wrote:Firstly, in my opinion this patch pack is the most awesome OpenTTD version ever. Most likely because for me is yacd much more interesting than cargodist. So, I'm kind of stuck with this version, since cargodist became part of official branch.
same for me, the basic philosophy of yacd is way more interesting than cargodist because the paseengers dont follow you but you have to follow them.
Karn
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Karn »

I decided to mess with this patchpack a little more. AFAIK there is no yacd beyond version 1.3.2. So I wanna give it a try with 1.4.0. Currently I have it on version 1.3.3 with r25001, r25008, r25009, r25010, r25011. Now I'm being slown down with cargodist related features. When it comes to cargodist, I wanna ignore the feature, but I'd like to adapt some of common code with yacd to make it easier to update later. Also it includes yaam patch, but not the latest one, I'll try to work on that too. Here is github repo, so someone can maybe continue if I fail.

https://github.com/Palo123/openttd_yacd_pp_dc

(And one sad thing - I had to remove signals on bridges, it was too annoying with yaam.)
jez
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by jez »

Sadly, something seems to be very wrong with this patch pack. I downloaded it (openttd-1.3.2-DC3.0RC3_win32.zip) and when I run openttd.exe I just get 3 errors about "unable to use ... for font, using sprite font instead", then a fatal application failure. No idea why. OS is Windows 7.
=== Jez ===
jez
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by jez »

OK I hadn't installed a graphics pack like opengfx. Once I did that it ran OK.
=== Jez ===
jez
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by jez »

In case anyone's interested, I fixed various bugs in this patch and added various features, in my own patch pack build. Find it here: viewtopic.php?f=33&t=89118
=== Jez ===

Return to “OpenTTD Development”