It has been two months since I updated the testing branch in my repository with a new set of commits, and nobody has reported any bugs in the meantime, so I have updated the master branch to match. The update includes this fix
for a bug regarding conversion of tunnel heads from the old map array. Apart from this, the only user-visible changes should be a slight tweaking of train braking in stations, to make it smoother, and that neutral stations (oilrigs) can now be renamed in single-player and never display a close airport button (as it was always disabled anyway). There are also some internal cleanups in the rail track drawing code, related to catenary and fences.
As the master branch has been fast-forwarded to the testing branch with no additional modifications, there should be no need to redo builds based on the testing branch.
I have not forgotten about HackaLittleBit's patch, but I still have not examined it in detail.