1. Stations cannot be joined to oil rigs.
2. Building a docking (station) buoy next to the oil rig overcomes #1.
3. Joining a mooring buoy to a docking buoy does not work. The mooring buoy remains a docking buoy, merely extending the station coverage.
4. This is also the case when servicing an oil refinery.
1. Considered cheating.
3. See below comments.
4. That was buggy but fixed now ships will pile up, as it was before, at oil rig.
Hopefully final release.
I consider this a stable version.
How it works:
Player can use docks and dockbuoys mixed if they like.
They both are and should be "docks".
Ships will enter and dock in the port like a swiss clock.
If you do not want a pile of ships in your harbour you can make one or more dock or dockbouy outside the harbour.
This collection point should be made last!!!
In this patch the last dock encounterd will never be reserved.
I played with it and am happy.
For a mooring buoy a new bouy type is needed and I consider that a seperate patch.
Now it is functioning
The only drawback is that ships can load and unload at the so called "collection point".
But I think this is a minor issue.
Sorry wallyweb but it is the complete patch. It is easier to review.
michael blunck I think this is very close. Could you send me a save game with such a beautiful harbour pls.EDIT
Don't forget to put a waypoint buoy reasonably close to your harbour.
v->current_order.IsType(OT_GOTO_STATION) is triggered at the last buoy before a station.
So if you do not do this your slot in the harbour can be resrved half a world away!
see buoy 4 in the foto.