Huge Airports

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

sss
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Huge Airports

Post by sss »

2 things:
First of all how do i apply the patch? IDK how :?
And is this compatible with the grf custom airports wich make all airport have 0 noise level and make all airports avaliable at any time?
Thanks. :bow:
Supercheese
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Supercheese »

sss wrote:is this compatible with the grf custom airports wich make all airport have 0 noise level and make all airports avaliable at any time?
Not currently, but I will shortly try and make another similar grf specifically for this patch.
Since my previous question regarding the new airports' IDs has gone unanswered, I'll just test things myself.

EDIT: Here, this attached grf should work to disable noise and date restrictions for the two new "Huge" airports.
Attachments
HANoLimits.grf
(275 Bytes) Downloaded 312 times
Eyecandy Road Vehicles | Fake Subways | Supercheese's NewObjects

"Fashions and cultures change, but steam trains shall always be majestic."
-Professor Hershel Layton
sss
Engineer
Engineer

Post by sss »

Supercheese wrote:
sss wrote:is this compatible with the grf custom airports wich make all airport have 0 noise level and make all airports avaliable at any time?
Not currently, but I will shortly try and make another similar grf specifically for this patch.
Since my previous question regarding the new airports' IDs has gone unanswered, I'll just test things myself.

EDIT: Here, this attached grf should work to disable noise and date restrictions for the two new "Huge" airports.
Thanks.
but i still dont know where to put the patch!
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

tienllm
Engineer
Engineer

Post by tienllm »

I can't build the Cycle Airport. When I click to build the message " Can't build airport here... station too spread out"
Please help me
Thanks
Attachments
Huge airport - not build.PNG
(310.92 KiB) Downloaded 6 times
Level Crossing
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Level Crossing »

Increase the station spread in Advanced Settings -> Stations.
Like my avatar? See my screenshot thread
Manthing
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Manthing »

Well I have no f*** clue what I'm doing and all the links posted that are suppose to help, do not. So I guess I'm not using this. Why can't you just use the ingame content downloader? I don't understand the problems, perhaps a better explaination and guide on how to install would help new players...
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

Manthing wrote:Well I have no f*** clue what I'm doing and all the links posted that are suppose to help, do not. So I guess I'm not using this. Why can't you just use the ingame content downloader? I don't understand the problems, perhaps a better explaination and guide on how to install would help new players...
I approved your post as it was waiting for approval. And I also give you a warning for a dirty mouth, please refrain from it.
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Alberth »

The development forum is about things that are still in development, that is, they cannot be deployed in the normal way, as they are not finished sufficiently.

You are welcome to help, but there is a lot you need to know about, in particular about compiling programs, patching, and some knowledge about programming is also useful. Compiling and patching is explained at the wiki, but it is not as simple as just clicking or copy/pasting some text. If you want more explanation, I'd suggest to read a few books about it.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Manthing wrote:Well I have no f*** clue what I'm doing and all the links posted that are suppose to help, do not. So I guess I'm not using this. Why can't you just use the ingame content downloader? I don't understand the problems, perhaps a better explaination and guide on how to install would help new players...
The reason you can't use the in-game content downloader is because this requires a patch. It's not a mod that you can download and immediately use. You must install software to write the patch into the source code of the game and then compile it to create a new game executable. The NewGRF that accompanies this patch is to display the new graphics.
Manthing
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Manthing »

Sorry for the language, I will try to use exceptable words in the future. As for the whole compiling situation, couldn't a pre-compiled file be put up for download for people like me (and probably many others) who don't know what their doing? It would certainly help and probably wouldn't be to much extra work as you already have to compile it anyways.
Supercheese
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Supercheese »

Manthing wrote:Sorry for the language, I will try to use exceptable words in the future. As for the whole compiling situation, couldn't a pre-compiled file be put up for download for people like me (and probably many others) who don't know what their doing? It would certainly help and probably wouldn't be to much extra work as you already have to compile it anyways.
Try this? http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php? ... 20#p998633

Oh, and this too: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php? ... 20#p998715
Eyecandy Road Vehicles | Fake Subways | Supercheese's NewObjects

"Fashions and cultures change, but steam trains shall always be majestic."
-Professor Hershel Layton
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Alberth »

Manthing wrote:Sorry for the language, I will try to use exceptable words in the future. As for the whole compiling situation, couldn't a pre-compiled file be put up for download for people like me (and probably many others) who don't know what their doing? It would certainly help and probably wouldn't be to much extra work as you already have to compile it anyways.
With OpenTTD being a multi-platform game, you need to make about a twenty binaries at a dozen different systems. How many patch authors have a dozen different systems available in their bedroom do you think?
It is far more practical to request that users interested in patches learn how to patch and compile for their system.

Favorite patches tend to get build by someone, and the patched binary is distributed, so what you want does happen in a limited form.

In addition, you normally learn the most about a patch by reading the patch file itself rather playing the program. In other words, the compiled program is not the most interesting part of a patch for developers.
Manthing
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Manthing »

Supercheese wrote:
Try this? http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php? ... 20#p998633

Oh, and this too: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php? ... 20#p998715
Thank you good sir.
cachila
Engineer
Engineer

Post by cachila »

im just geting a new sort of heli pad thats have a shodow of the intercontinental 2 on its pitcure and then i try to biuld it it says: cant biuld airport here
red0011
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by red0011 »

Can someone please compile it for openttd 1.3.0
It would be very much appreciated
Thank You :D
Damrus
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Damrus »

http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?t=65525

This patch pack has it if you want a 1.3 version.
red0011
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by red0011 »

Damrus wrote:http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?t=65525

This patch pack has it if you want a 1.3 version.
But I was kinda after just having this patch and not other patches, but I shall try the one you've linked to me :D
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

The Spring 2013 Patch Pack (last updated March 2014) also implements this patch
glennmckenna
Engineer
Engineer

Post by glennmckenna »

kamnet wrote:The Spring 2013 Patch Pack (last updated March 2014) also implements this patch
may i ask what's the status with mod, has there been any evolution, has it been incorporated into another mod ?
and does this most recent version work with the most recent version of openttd ?
if it does how can i install it ?

and what is spring 2013 ?

Return to “OpenTTD Development”