Patch: Partial refit

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Zuu
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Re: Patch: Partial refit

Post by Zuu »

Another note. On the webtranslator I found this string:
STR_REFIT_SELECT_VEHICLES_TOOLTIP wrote:{BLACK}Select the vehicles to refit. Dragging with the mouse allows to select multiple vehicles. Clicking on an empty space will select the whole vehicle. Ctrl+Click will select a vehicle and the following chain
Shouldn't some of the "vehicles" be "waggons"?

In my world train waggons are not interchangeable with the concept of vehicles where "vehicle" would refer to the entire train and not individual parts of it.
My OpenTTD contributions (AIs, Game Scripts, patches, OpenTTD Auto Updater, and some sprites)
Junctioneer (a traffic intersection simulator)
Rubidium
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Rubidium »

Are the engines of a train a wagon? Vehicle is the generalisation of wagon or engine, possibly even for road vehicles, ships and aircraft as well.
Zuu
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Zuu »

Rubidium wrote:Are the engines of a train a wagon? Vehicle is the generalisation of wagon or engine, possibly even for road vehicles, ships and aircraft as well.
Yes you are right "wagons" are not completely perfect either as there are train engines in OpenTTD that can be refitted. And thus the term has to not exclude train engines.
My OpenTTD contributions (AIs, Game Scripts, patches, OpenTTD Auto Updater, and some sprites)
Junctioneer (a traffic intersection simulator)

Return to “OpenTTD Development”