[Patch] Departure boards, 24h clock + binary 25 (r27452)

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Chris
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [Patch] Departure boards, 24h clock

Post by Chris »

Wasila wrote:That too...
Vitus wrote:Likely because of forum limitation (4 MiB maximum size of attachment).
Wasila wrote:Class 165, I prefer uploading on Rapidshare because I can see the progress of the upload and see if it's working instead of the mysterious 'Uploading' pop-up on the forums.
Three good reasons :D . Also thanks for doing the compiling :P .
Screenshots

Formerly Class 165
bwong
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by bwong »

just wondering, Wasila, is that fancy grf picker thingy at the start menu standard?
Check out some of my work
hthhs
Engineer
Engineer

Post by hthhs »

bwong wrote:I might be going a little bit off topic, but talking about the departure board, is it possible to incorporate which platform the train will be using?
That would be really cool. Unfortunately, doing it would be incredibly difficult if not impossible as you'd have to work out from the layout of the station what platforms it has, and furthermore predict which platform each train will go to (including signals and the effects of other trains, some of which may not be stopping at the station.) Sorry :(
Wasila wrote:http://rapidshare.com/files/417711813/D ... r20762.zip

THIS is the proper compiled patch. Enjoy :).
Thank you again! :D
Wasila wrote:As a matter of interest, do you get an error message about GRFs on start-up?
Yes :(
Wasila
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [Patch] Departure boards, 24h clock (+ binary)

Post by Wasila »

Thanks for helping me fix my error... downloading the latest OpenGFX and replacing the old one with it fixes the message.
AndersI
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by AndersI »

hthhs wrote:
bwong wrote:I might be going a little bit off topic, but talking about the departure board, is it possible to incorporate which platform the train will be using?
That would be really cool. Unfortunately, doing it would be incredibly difficult if not impossible as you'd have to work out from the layout of the station what platforms it has, and furthermore predict which platform each train will go to (including signals and the effects of other trains, some of which may not be stopping at the station.) Sorry :(
You could cheat: Generate a random platform number 1-6 and when people complain that the wrong number is displayed in the departure board just tell them "it's simulating reality"...

:-)
Sorry, couldn't resist.
Chris
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Chris »

AndersI wrote:You could cheat: Generate a random platform number 1-6 and when people complain that the wrong number is displayed in the departure board just tell them "it's simulating reality"...

:-)
Sorry, couldn't resist.
Only put up the platform number 5 minutes before departure - that is reality.
Screenshots

Formerly Class 165
bwong
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by bwong »

like openttd shows reserved track, which usually dictates which track will be open, and which isn't, right?
so with that information, can't it say which track the train will be going to?
hthhs
Engineer
Engineer

Post by hthhs »

bwong wrote:like openttd shows reserved track, which usually dictates which track will be open, and which isn't, right?
Tracks are only reserved when using pbs, and even then only the track to the next signal is reserved, so the platform would only be definitely known a couple of days/minutes before the train pulls into the station. That isn't enough to make me want to go to the trouble of implementing it.
bwong
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by bwong »

I will find a way to pay you, if you could
but....
that again would depend on prices.

I'm kindof kiding. anyways, thanks
Dwight_K._Schrute
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Dwight_K._Schrute »

Wow that looks amazing!!! I'll try to patch my CargoDist-Game which is r20721... I hope it works anyway...

EDIT:

Oh s***.... this is SVN right? And I have the CargoDist-version in GIT... I'm really not a pro... so I don't know how to mix it... ;(
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

Price list:

Interesting problems: 30€ per hour or 10 lines of code

Boring problems: 120€ per hour or 10 lines of code
welshdragon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by welshdragon »

hthhs wrote:
bwong wrote:like openttd shows reserved track, which usually dictates which track will be open, and which isn't, right?
Tracks are only reserved when using pbs, and even then only the track to the next signal is reserved, so the platform would only be definitely known a couple of days/minutes before the train pulls into the station. That isn't enough to make me want to go to the trouble of implementing it.
I think you'll find that in real life platforms can be assigned as late as when the signaller has set the route (here in the uk anyway) so your point is moot.
Semi-Retired TT-Forums Member.
These days I'm:
[list][*]A Local Transport Representative for Bus Users Cymru
[*]Social Media Advisxer for Bus Users Cymru
[*]Volunteer and Fundraiser for Guide Dogs[/list]
flickr | twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Steam

I used to be an idiot called tycoonmarkj.
hthhs
Engineer
Engineer

Post by hthhs »

bwong wrote:I will find a way to pay you, if you could
but....
that again would depend on prices.

I'm kindof kiding. anyways, thanks
I really hope my post didn't come across as implying that I wanted paying to do it! :( I meant that the extra enjoyment I'd get from the game personally with the feature added isn't worth the effort I'd have to put in to implement it.
Dwight_K._Schrute wrote:Oh s***.... this is SVN right? And I have the CargoDist-version in GIT... I'm really not a pro... so I don't know how to mix it... ;(
Sorry, I can't help with patching a cargodist build. I don't expect that the patches overlap much though, except in the language and settings files (and even then it will probably be that the line numbers to be patched have moved around due to cargodist also having inserted lines.)
welshdragon wrote:I think you'll find that in real life platforms can be assigned as late as when the signaller has set the route (here in the uk anyway) so your point is moot.
My point was more that it'd only be shown for a few seconds of real time, regardless of whether it corresponds to the real world. Sorry, I should have been more explicit.
Wasila
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wasila »

You don't need to use git to download CargoDist - there are numerous diffs scattered around the thread which you can use to patch the game as well.
Dwight_K._Schrute
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Dwight_K._Schrute »

It's really great... Thank you :D

But instead of the name of the company I would prefer the train's name... e.g ICE 280 or BUS Line 1 or something like that.. so you can see if it's a bus, train metro.... in big stations

But that's only a detail... GREAT JOB :)
hthhs
Engineer
Engineer

Post by hthhs »

Dwight_K._Schrute wrote:It's really great... Thank you :D

But instead of the name of the company I would prefer the train's name... e.g ICE 280 or BUS Line 1 or something like that.. so you can see if it's a bus, train metro.... in big stations

But that's only a detail... GREAT JOB :)
Thank you :) I'm glad you like it!

It's not quite what you're asking for, but you can filter departures by vehicle type (road vehicle, train, ship, plane) using the little buttons at the bottom right of the window.
bwong
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by bwong »

err... I was kiding.
:(
zde-nek
Engineer
Engineer

Post by zde-nek »

i would also like to see vehicle name. it contains vehicle category and number in my games - like first two columns in this photo Image
Zuu
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Zuu »

bwong wrote:just wondering, Wasila, is that fancy grf picker thingy at the start menu standard?
Do you refer to the new NewGRF settings dialog? In that case, it is included in trunk (nightlies) since one or two months ago or so.
My OpenTTD contributions (AIs, Game Scripts, patches, OpenTTD Auto Updater, and some sprites)
Junctioneer (a traffic intersection simulator)
Wasila
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wasila »

Oh, sorry, I missed that post. What Zuu said <_<.

Return to “OpenTTD Development”