Android port

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Crusader58
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Android port

Post by Crusader58 »

pelya wrote:Here goes my weekend. I think I'll release it in two weeks, as there are many UI bugs yet.
lol, I was hoping they'd been addressed, I shall keep an eye open for the release
better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you are not :wink:
Crusader58
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Crusader58 »

how is the progress on the 1.5.0 port coming along?
pelya
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by pelya »

I've released 1.5.0 update: Google Play , .apk file and sources.

I've mostly fixed all UI bugs, please report if there's something missing. Also it looks like OpenTTD now uses 8-bit version of graphics instead of 32-bit, the sprites are different and look worse, I'll fix this bug in next release, for now just use zBase :)
Crusader58
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Crusader58 »

I'm still getting the misaligned menu in the new world generation window (as in picture 1 of your 1.5.0-rc1 post), not played game for long so don't know if there's any other bugs yet.
Thanks for making 1.5.0 available, now I can get on multiplayer servers.
pelya
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by pelya »

Yes, buttons at the bottom look out of place, I'll fix that. But other buttons should be okay.
te_lanus
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator
Location: The Elizabeth Arkham Asylum for the Criminally Insane

Post by te_lanus »

pelya wrote:I've released 1.5.0 update: Google Play , .apk file and sources.

I've mostly fixed all UI bugs, please report if there's something missing. Also it looks like OpenTTD now uses 8-bit version of graphics instead of 32-bit, the sprites are different and look worse, I'll fix this bug in next release, for now just use zBase :)
Wouldn't it have been better to call this 1.5.0-rc2 and waited till the graphic bugs was squashed before releasing 1.5.0?
pelya
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by pelya »

Nah, I'm too impatient to release rc2, also it's already playable so why not.
Crusader58
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Crusader58 »

te_lanus wrote:
pelya wrote:I've released 1.5.0 update: Google Play , .apk file and sources.

Wouldn't it have been better to call this 1.5.0-rc2 and waited till the graphic bugs was squashed before releasing 1.5.0?
pelya only does the port to android, he's not responsible for the naming convention, I agree that they should have ironed out the bugs before releasing it as the 1.5.0 trunk, but I'm grateful for pelyas release nonetheless.
Crusader58
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Crusader58 »

Another bug...the New Rail Vehicle window can't be dragged to the right, so unable to see full descriptions of the trains.
And a strange bug, when I go to Multiplayer, the names of the servers don't show, but if I edit the openttd.cfg and blank the setting for medium_font = fonts/Roboto-Bold
so it reads
medium_font =
then the server names show up
Last edited by Crusader58 on 14 Apr 2015 17:39, edited 1 time in total.
Crusader58
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Crusader58 »

pelya wrote:Image

Yes, buttons at the bottom look out of place, I'll fix that. But other buttons should be okay.
No the bug I'm referring to is the Menus don't align when you use Double size GUI
pelya
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by pelya »

Crusader58 wrote:
No the bug I'm referring to is the Menus don't align when you use Double size GUI
If you use double-size GUI you should also use 1280x720 display resolution. Also, please include some screenshots.

I've reproduced the bug with buying new vehicles, will fix it soon.
Crusader58
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Crusader58 »

This is the menu misalignment
tmp_14680-newworld-1851173842.png
(3.08 MiB) Downloaded 6 times
This happens when I use Double size gui, even with a screen resolution of 1280x720
Last edited by Crusader58 on 15 Apr 2015 05:23, edited 3 times in total.
Crusader58
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Crusader58 »

tmp_11443-multiplayer1265833309.png
(229.52 KiB) Downloaded 6 times
here's the screenshot of the multiplayer window, if I remove the medium font from the openttd.cfg then the server names show up

EDIT: I've resolved this, you can't have the font size larger than 13
Crusader58
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Crusader58 »

pelya wrote:
Crusader58 wrote:
If you use double-size GUI you should also use 1280x720 display resolution. Also, please include some screenshots.

Just a note..the New Vehicles Window can now be expanded horizontally, but can't expand it vertically (1.5.0.39), although appreciate that I can now read the vehicle details.
pelya
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by pelya »

Crusader58 wrote:This is the menu misalignment
This happens when I use Double size gui, even with a screen resolution of 1280x720
Please also set 'Button size' to 20 or larger, because for some reason changing GUI zoom level resets button size. I guess I'll just set screen resolution to 1280x720 and button size to 40 when user selects double-size GUI.

Crusader58 wrote:
tmp_11443-multiplayer1265833309.png
here's the screenshot of the multiplayer window, if I remove the medium font from the openttd.cfg then the server names show up

EDIT: I've resolved this, you can't have the font size larger than 13
This is also fixed by setting 'Button size' to 20 or bigger.

Crusader58 wrote:
pelya wrote:
Crusader58 wrote:

Just a note..the New Vehicles Window can now be expanded horizontally, but can't expand it vertically (1.5.0.39), although appreciate that I can now read the vehicle details.
Also happens to other windows, I will fix that.
Crusader58
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Crusader58 »

pelya wrote:
Crusader58 wrote:This is the menu misalignment
Please also set 'Button size' to 20 or larger, because for some reason changing GUI zoom level resets button size. I guess I'll just set screen resolution to 1280x720 and button size to 40 when user selects double-size GUI.
A button size of 30 seems better, as 40 makes some Windows too big for the screen, also I tend to prefer a screen resolution of 1920x1200 as it's my tablets native resolution, so can you make it so I can still change to another resolution if required.
Thanks again for all the time you put into this port.
pelya
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by pelya »

Update 1.5.0.40 is out, download and sources.

Fixed 'Replace vehicles' dialog, minor GUI fixes.
MrZombie
Engineer
Engineer

Post by MrZombie »

How would I go about installing GRFs outside of the online content sysem? I tried sticking them in numerous GRF folders, but nothing worked, and some of the GRFs I want to use are not on the online content system.
You just lost The Game.
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

MrZombie wrote:How would I go about installing GRFs outside of the online content sysem? I tried sticking them in numerous GRF folders, but nothing worked, and some of the GRFs I want to use are not on the online content system.
Now that you bring it up, I dunno where it is now, I'm searching my NOTE II to figure out where it saves the OpenTTD Config and the data/newgrfs folder but I've yet to find it, its like its hidden or something. In previous versions of OPenTTD I was able to find the data folder for adding newgrfs...
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
MrZombie
Engineer
Engineer

Post by MrZombie »

NekoMaster wrote:
MrZombie wrote:How would I go about installing GRFs outside of the online content sysem? I tried sticking them in numerous GRF folders, but nothing worked, and some of the GRFs I want to use are not on the online content system.
Now that you bring it up, I dunno where it is now, I'm searching my NOTE II to figure out where it saves the OpenTTD Config and the data/newgrfs folder but I've yet to find it, its like its hidden or something. In previous versions of OPenTTD I was able to find the data folder for adding newgrfs...
I found that it was on my SD card, but it did not keep the online content there, nor did putting my GRFs there work.
You just lost The Game.

Return to “OpenTTD Development”