Android port

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

pelya
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Re: Android port

Post by pelya »

Sources with Android modifications are here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/libsdl ... k/OpenTTD/
You can also build Linux/Windows version with touchscreen UI from the same sources.
... good luck applying one crazy patch on top of another crazy patch.
jil8885
Engineer
Engineer

Post by jil8885 »

pelya wrote:Sources with Android modifications are here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/libsdl ... k/OpenTTD/
You can also build Linux/Windows version with touchscreen UI from the same sources.
Thanks for quick answer. I want to know how to convert OpenTTD Source to Android modified OpenTTD Source. Are you Ok to teach me how to convert?
pelya
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by pelya »

Emm, do you mean, build Android package? Hit build.sh, I suppose.
NewGRF
Engineer
Engineer

Post by NewGRF »

jil8885 wrote:
pelya wrote:Sources with Android modifications are here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/libsdl ... k/OpenTTD/
Thanks for quick answer. I want to know how to convert OpenTTD Source to Android modified OpenTTD Source. Are you Ok to teach me how to convert?
Maybe,Beyond Compare, :roll:
deco
Engineer
Engineer

Post by deco »

to pelya, can help me for this quote
moderator kamnet suggest to contacting you

sory if my english so bad
deco wrote: 22 Aug 2019 00:20 Hi, i new user in here ..
i play openTTD on android using JGR patch apk. at latest version 0.25.2.81 apk still use your patch v0.25.2

i try to patch with your latest pack version 0.31.3 windows x64 / x32 but the game has force close if open it.

how i can play with your latest pack on my android. i test some newgrf can read on game but the grf cant click it, the picture has blacked blurry. maybe need your latest patch.

sorry if my english so bad. thanks if you want reply and give solution of using latest version ..
pelya
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by pelya »

I've finally decided to update Android version of JGR patchpack, which I've neglected for one year.
The problem was, my touchscreen patches were making it crash, and it was hard to debug, so I've removed all my touchscreen optimizations and published it as-is, with minimal changes just to make it compile for Android.
So now it is only playable if you have a mouse or use a laptop-style Android device with touchpad.
Even music does not work anymore. I wonder if anyone actually listens to these MIDI soundtracks.
Some users requested Android version of OpenTTD with full mouse support, which does not work so well in regular Android version, so let's call this the 'desktop' Android release from now on.

Google Play link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... nttd.jgrpp
Sources: https://sourceforge.net/projects/libsdl ... k/OpenTTD/
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

OpenTTD Android installed on a $7 Samsung Galaxy S2 with a custom install of Android 10: https://youtu.be/UxInlBsJFEM?t=808
pelya
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by pelya »

OpenTTD dev team have finally got themselves an Android device.

I am not going to ask whether was it donated or did everyone pitched in.
pelya
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by pelya »

kamnet wrote: 10 Jun 2020 04:34 OpenTTD Android installed on a $7 Samsung Galaxy S2 with a custom install of Android 10: https://youtu.be/UxInlBsJFEM?t=808
↑ See this post here? ↑

I was trying to make a joke.

Android port is still unofficial, after almost 10 years. At the very least, Android platform has more priority to the dev team than DOS, which was recently removed from build files.
Oshawotta737
Engineer
Engineer

Unable to open new grf settings while playing on android

Post by Oshawotta737 »

Like the title suggest. The game just crashes when I try to open it.
FLHerne
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FLHerne »

pelya wrote: 10 Jun 2020 13:14
kamnet wrote: 10 Jun 2020 04:34 OpenTTD Android installed on a $7 Samsung Galaxy S2 with a custom install of Android 10: https://youtu.be/UxInlBsJFEM?t=808
↑ See this post here? ↑

I was trying to make a joke.

Android port is still unofficial, after almost 10 years. At the very least, Android platform has more priority to the dev team than DOS, which was recently removed from build files.
If you create a pull request on GitHub, I'm sure people would look at it. OpenTTD development is a much more open process than in previous years.

(incidentally, I don't think kamnet has ever been part of the OTTD 'dev team' as such, he's more into grfs)
Temporary Permanent signature filling text. Content coming soon delayed indefinitely! Oh, and I have had a screenshot thread.
Linux user (XMonad DWM/KDE, Arch), IRC obsessive and rail enthusiast. No longer building robots; now I ring church bells.
Author of an incredibly boring stickied post about NewGRFs.
PEPSprinterPacer
Engineer
Engineer

Post by PEPSprinterPacer »

Hello,

the Amazon Kindle version of the game is still using 2017's v. 1.7.1., Which is seriously outdated.

I have tried many apk's but it refuses them,also the game has been taken off the app store, but not from users devices, meaning I can still play but not online or with friends.
Last edited by PEPSprinterPacer on 12 Oct 2020 14:53, edited 1 time in total.
Only ever been on 2 185's and 144 023!
viewtopic.php?t=87546 a screenshot thread of mobile pictures!
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

PEPSprinterPacer wrote: 11 Oct 2020 13:08 Hello,

the Amazon Kindle version of the game is still using 2017's v. 1.7.1., Which is seriously outdated.

I have tried many apk's but it refuses them,also the game has been taken off the app store, but not from users devices, meaning g I can still play but not online or with friends.
Pelya stopped supporting Kindle store a few years ago and withdrew development.
pelya
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by pelya »

If anyone wants to take it over, I can authorize you in my Amazon developer account. Kindpe version is the same as the version downloaded from my website (but I've heard that Amazon adds something to the app before pushing it to devices)
PEPSprinterPacer
Engineer
Engineer

Post by PEPSprinterPacer »

kamnet wrote: 12 Oct 2020 00:13
PEPSprinterPacer wrote: 11 Oct 2020 13:08 Hello,

I have tried many apk's but it refuses them,also the game has been taken off the app store, but not from users devices, meaning g I can still play but not online or with friends.
Pelya stopped supporting Kindle store a few years ago and withdrew development.
Thank You for the information.
Only ever been on 2 185's and 144 023!
viewtopic.php?t=87546 a screenshot thread of mobile pictures!
emyaqin
Engineer
Engineer

Post by emyaqin »

Hello, I have been playing vanilla OpenTTD on my phone for a couple of months and it's working fine.

Last night I installed the JGR port from play store and when I playing with my mouse it doesn't want me to zoom in or out with my mouse wheel. I tried with the vanilla version and other mouse, nothing works at all.

I don't think it's the problem with my phone since everything beside the game they all recognize my mouse wheel. Could you help me with something? :cry:
pelya
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by pelya »

Mouse wheel support is broken. I'll try to fix it in the next update.
isaacrdc
Engineer
Engineer

Post by isaacrdc »

pelya wrote: 22 Jan 2021 11:29 Mouse wheel support is broken. I'll try to fix it in the next update.
Hi pelya,
Can you also fix the TRAM construction buttons (similar to Roadtype) for not showing up.
I saw a bug report on Git from 2020 and the problem still occurs.

regards
Alon
Fromerly known as Alon
pelya
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by pelya »

I'll try to fix that too.

I've released 1.11 beta version on Play Store, be warned that it crashes when you scroll through long lists.

Return to “OpenTTD Development”