Nice Eddi, with the CargoD*st patches (maybe YACD too) that patch is very usefull.
Unfortunately I have a bit to much on my plate already to update it myself at the moment but if someone is looking to update the daylength part of the sprinkles ... I have adjusted a few more places in my patchpack that needed tweaking also, I'd be happy to point them out.
IIRC the changes are:
- hs->minimum life (town_cmd.cpp) multiplied by daylength factor because town growth and shrinkage is unbalanced.
- t->time_untill_rebuild (town.h) multiplied by daylength factor for the same reason as above.
- t->exlusive_counter (town_cmd.cpp) multiplied by daylength factor because a year is a year.
- Vehicle profit (economy.cpp) devided by daylength factor prevents skyrocketing of income with higher daylength factors. (still needs some adjustments -> fractional income for profits below 1)
Some of these values need also their defenition changed to prevent overflowing. (eg. byte minimum_life -> uint16 minimum_life in house.h)
Others require additional changes in the savegamecode. (eg. the exclusive_counter)
I will post more details and check if I forgot to mention something if someone shows interest in continuing to develop this version of the daylength patch.
Almost forgot ...
- In CargoDist I adjusted the linkgraph recalculation to use the ORIG_DAY_TICKS. (ignoring the daylength factor.)
- I do not see or understand why the daylength factor needs to be saved globally, most likely I will change the savegamecode to SDT_VAR instead of using SDTG_VAR and disable changing it in network games ... (not yet done as I think it will break the savegamecompatibiliyty I have been keeping for a while.)