[Patch] Daylength, Cargodist with sprinkles

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Freak_NL
Engineer
Engineer

Re: [Patch] Daylength, Cargodist with sprinkles

Post by Freak_NL »

I tried a game on a 512x512 map with low/low industries and towns, and passenger production reduced with -1x. This worked great! Buses and trams are now usable, and a network with passengers and other cargo feasible without stations overflowing! (not to mention no bus stops with thousands of people waiting)

I'm going to try the day length factor now and see how that works out, because the years fly by way to fast now.
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

auto-separation should be fairly independent from this patch, so you should be able to merge it yourself, if you have a current trunk patch.
SpComb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SpComb »

petert wrote:If you don't mind SpComb^, could you please write in your main post where binaries can be obtained, either via link or at latest posts?
You have post #2 in the topic, I suggest you update a link there - I can reference that, then.
peebee wrote:Any chance to see auto-seperation or anything like that in your patch pack?
Not right now. I have to confess that I don't really know how to use timetables properly myself, and I'm not familiar with the auto-separation patches, so I can't support them. The collection of patches here is simply what I play with myself.
peebee
Engineer
Engineer

Post by peebee »

Thanks for the answers!
petert
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by petert »

SpComb wrote: You have post #2 in the topic, I suggest you update a link there - I can reference that, then.
Ok, done.
petert
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by petert »

Outdated, see http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php? ... 75#p847575

Here is an update to the mini-pack since CargoDist was updated I asked SpComb to also update the patch(es). Built on MSVC against r18678.

Disclaimer:
If CargoDist Mini-Pack crashes, do not report it to the OpenTTD developers. Report it to this thread. When making your post about the crash, please upload the crash.dmp, crash.log, crash.sav, and crash.png (only available as of r18184, so if you are using a build older than that, don't bother). These files are vital to finding what happened during the crash. Also note that the PDB file attached is not needed when testing CargoDist Mini-Pack, it is mainly for developers.

Peter
Attachments
cargodist_mini-pack_win32_r18678.rar
(3.33 MiB) Downloaded 237 times
cargodist_mini-pack_PDB_win32_r18678.rar
(2.8 MiB) Downloaded 171 times
cargodist_mini-pak_r18678.diff
(241.54 KiB) Downloaded 182 times
Last edited by petert on 10 Jan 2010 17:02, edited 1 time in total.
michielh
Engineer
Engineer

Post by michielh »

Sorry, I 'replaced' my crash-files when I tried to open a savegame that was not compatible with my version of openttd.

Next time the game crashes, I will upload a crash.zip file
jvlomax
Engineer
Engineer

Post by jvlomax »

When i try to apply the diff file to the source and compile on linux (opensuse 11.2) i get this error:

Code: Select all

In file included from /home/george/openttd/src/ai/ai_config.cpp:14:
/home/george/openttd/src/ai/../settings_type.h:20:39: error: linkgraph/demand_settings.h: No such file or directory
In file included from /home/george/openttd/src/ai/ai_config.cpp:14:
/home/george/openttd/src/ai/../settings_type.h:357: error: ‘DistributionTypeByte’ does not name a type
/home/george/openttd/src/ai/../settings_type.h:358: error: ‘DistributionTypeByte’ does not name a type
/home/george/openttd/src/ai/../settings_type.h:359: error: ‘DistributionTypeByte’ does not name a type
/home/george/openttd/src/ai/../settings_type.h:360: error: ‘DistributionTypeByte’ does not name a type
/home/george/openttd/src/ai/../settings_type.h:361: error: ‘DistributionTypeByte’ does not name a type
make[1]: *** [ai/ai_config.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/george/openttd/objs/release'
make: *** [all] Error 2
I updated the source to the revision the patch is made against.
Any ideas?
petert
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by petert »

jvlomax wrote:I updated the source to the revision the patch is made against.
Any ideas?
Did you get any "FAILED hunks" when trying to patch the file?
jvlomax
Engineer
Engineer

Post by jvlomax »

none. I don't even try yo compile it if I get them. I didn't see any errors while patching
Rubidium
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Rubidium »

petert wrote:Did you get any "FAILED hunks" when trying to patch the file?
You don't get failed hunks for files that are completely missing.
jvlomax
Engineer
Engineer

Post by jvlomax »

I retried downloading the source manually from the website and applying the patch. I do get some failed hunks. I have uploaded the feedback I get when I try to patch.
Attachments
patch log.txt
(5.72 KiB) Downloaded 172 times
petert
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by petert »

Rubidium wrote:You don't get failed hunks for files that are completely missing.
That's a good point, that leads me to believe that jvlomax didn't patch Daylength with CargoDist, but without.
jvlomax
Engineer
Engineer

Post by jvlomax »

petert wrote: That's a good point, that leads me to believe that jvlomax didn't patch Daylength with CargoDist, but without.
I used the mini pack above. I can try patching individually if you think that will help? I was able to patch with daylength and cargodist last week (had to download the source manually), I was just going to update it now and try to apply the signals in tunnels/on bridges patch as well. Of course I was stupid enough to delete the working binary before I tried re-compiling it, so now i have no game with cargodist :(
ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ChillCore »

Revert source
Create folder linkgraph.
Create 12 dummy files:

linkgraph/demands.cpp
linkgraph/flowmapper.cpp
linkgraph/linkgraph.cpp
linkgraph/mcf.cpp
linkgraph/demands.h
linkgraph/demand_settings.h
linkgraph/flowmapper.h
linkgraph/linkgraph.h
linkgraph/linkgraph_types.h
linkgraph/mcf.h
core/multimap.hpp
saveload/linkgraph_sl.cpp

Re-apply patch.
Recompile.

Working now?

Edit: linkgraph != linkgraphs
-- .- -.-- / - .... . / ..-. --- .-. -.-. . / -... . / .-- .. - .... / -.-- --- ..- .-.-.-
--- .... / -.-- . .- .... --..-- / .- -. -.. / .--. .-. .- .. ... . / - .... . / .-.. --- .-. -.. / ..-. --- .-. / .... . / --. .- ...- . / ..- ... / -.-. .... --- --- -.-. .... --- --- ... .-.-.- / ---... .--.

Playing with my patchpack? Ask questions on usage and report bugs in the correct thread first, please.
All included patches have been modified and are no longer 100% original.
jvlomax
Engineer
Engineer

Post by jvlomax »

nope, just get the same thing
ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ChillCore »

Have you applied the patch to the correct revision ? That is the only guaranteed way to have a working binary.(Bugs aside.)
Applying to any other revision than stated in the patch may or may not work.
-- .- -.-- / - .... . / ..-. --- .-. -.-. . / -... . / .-- .. - .... / -.-- --- ..- .-.-.-
--- .... / -.-- . .- .... --..-- / .- -. -.. / .--. .-. .- .. ... . / - .... . / .-.. --- .-. -.. / ..-. --- .-. / .... . / --. .- ...- . / ..- ... / -.-. .... --- --- -.-. .... --- --- ... .-.-.- / ---... .--.

Playing with my patchpack? Ask questions on usage and report bugs in the correct thread first, please.
jvlomax
Engineer
Engineer

Post by jvlomax »

I tried that. Here is the chain of commands: Clean svn download. revert to r18678. apply patch, run ./configure and make.
jvlomax
Engineer
Engineer

Post by jvlomax »

I found a solution to my problems. I downloaded the latest revision, reverted to r-18394 and patched the "signals in tunnels/bridges patch", updated to whatever revision the cargodist patch was made against (i tried earlier, but failed since I didn't revert to the right revision for cargodist) and applied the patch from page 1 on this thread (he one that says "against cargodist".

Thanks for all the help though! I wish I could just install the mini pack, would make think so much easier
ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ChillCore »

The error is not on your side, jvlomax.
I have had a little looksie in the code, and like Rubidium said ...
Those 12 files are MIA in petert his patch.

Dear petert.
Could you please post a new fixed patch or upload those 12 files, to complete the source for the binaries you have posted as the liscence requires.
Thank you.

Return to “OpenTTD Development”