[Patch] Daylength, Cargodist with sprinkles

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Jimbow
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: [Patch] Daylength, Cargodist with sprinkles

Post by Jimbow »

fonso wrote:Jimbow, you have changed the grf config during the game. This can easily lead to crashes. Even though I can't quite tell the origin of this crash it might well be that it's related to the grf config change.
Yes that's correct. I added the dutch and swedish train set shortly before the crash.

I'm playing on a europe map, and add the train set as i expand my network into new areas. But maybe i should have added all train sets in the begining. :)
SpComb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SpComb »

Just to keep this thread alive, here's a slightly updated build against r18790 with some new goodies included, namely:
  • Options for daily/weekly autosave, for those playing with a longer daylength
  • A slightly longer (250px vs 150px) length limit for vehicle names - this can stretch the default vehicle window in some cases
  • The usual cargodist + variable-daylength (town-growth + timetable-autofill) + town-cargo patches
openttd-cargodist-minipack-r18790M-win32.zip (.patch, .pdb).

As always, only report crashes from this build in this thread (unless you can reproduce the same crash in trunk/cargodist) and do post any crash.* files that OpenTTD produces.
peebee
Engineer
Engineer

Post by peebee »

SpComb, is there any chance to get your patch pack including auto-seperation?

It seems like if I'm the only player who's intrested in such an option.
Psistorm
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Psistorm »

I think the question has been asked several times, im very interested as well actually. though I only asked once or twice, I acknowledge the devs are doing this for us, so I didnt want to end up being a bother to them. but yes, thatd be awesome :)
Gathers
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Gathers »

If anyone want to try for themselves; this downloads the openttd source, applies both patches and compiles everything in 1min 31sec. :wink: (at least on my system where all development packages are already installed)

Code: Select all

git clone --depth=1000 git://git.openttd.org/openttd/trunk.git openttd-cargodist-autosep &&
cd openttd-cargodist-autosep &&
git checkout -b cargodist-autosep 694470e325 &&
(wget -O- http://skrblz.ipv4.qmsk.net/~terom/openttd/builds/openttd-cargodist-minipack-r18790.patch | patch -p1) &&
(wget -O- http://www.tt-forums.net/download/file.php?id=122790 | patch -p1) &&
./configure &&
make -j6
Seriously though, if you do want to include it and there's anything I could do to make that easier, just let me know. :)
petert
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by petert »

Two comments:

This line of code won't work, it will download a .php file instead of the regular file (I've tried):
Gathers wrote:

Code: Select all

wget -O- http://www.tt-forums.net/download/file.php?id=122790
Also, what does "make -j6" mean? What is the -j6 param. for?
SpComb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SpComb »

peebee wrote:SpComb, is there any chance to get your patch pack including auto-seperation?

Unfortunately, this isn't really a patch pack as such, these are just the patches that I play with myself, since I'm willing to support them. Applying some random patch isn't the issue here (assuming that it's a clean merge) - it's debugging the resulting crashes that is.

If you want to play with some specific patches, your best option is to have a go at applying the patches and building yourself. Patch packs tend to suck, and they aren't a sustainable solution.

Gathers wrote:Seriously though, if you do want to include it and there's anything I could do to make that easier, just let me know. :)
I'll have to take a look sometime, the patch looks pretty clean, so it might work OK. I haven't said "no" yet :)

petert wrote:Also, what does "make -j6" mean? What is the -j6 param. for?
RTFM ->
make(1) wrote: -j [jobs], --jobs[=jobs]
Specifies the number of jobs (commands) to run simultaneously. If there is more than one -j option, the
last one is effective. If the -j option is given without an argument, make will not limit the number of
jobs that can run simultaneously.
It's the concurrency level for the commands executed by make - this compiles six files in parallel.
tydev417
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by tydev417 »

peebee wrote:SpComb, is there any chance to get your patch pack including auto-seperation?

I agree, it would be amazing to have cargodist, daylength and the auto-seperation in one binary!
petert
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by petert »

tydev417 wrote:I agree, it would be amazing to have cargodist, daylength and the auto-seperation in one binary!
See the Compiling tutorials for your OS in my sig, and check out the sticky in this forum (How to apply a patch/diff).
Valentijn
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Valentijn »

Should the patches of the top post work with TortoiseSVN?

For me it does nothing with this patch for example (http://qmsk.net/~terom/openttd/patches/ ... oslv.patch)

I believe git patch files are not compatible with TortoiseSVN. Could you post the unified diffs?
Rubidium
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Rubidium »

Valentijn wrote:I believe git patch files are not compatible with TortoiseSVN. Could you post the unified diffs?
"git patch files" are unified diffs. The problem isn't the format, the problem is that TortoiseSVN only accepts one very specific, uncommon, variation (-p0); the variation that git/hg use is the common one (-p1).
petert
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by petert »

Valentijn wrote:I believe git patch files are not compatible with TortoiseSVN. Could you post the unified diffs?
I would post a diff that is compatible with tortoisesvn, but I have no idea what revision to apply the patch to.
Valentijn
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Valentijn »

petert wrote:
I would post a diff that is compatible with tortoisesvn, but I have no idea what revision to apply the patch to.
Just the head revision of trunk?
petert
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by petert »

Rubidium wrote:"git patch files" are unified diffs. The problem isn't the format, the problem is that TortoiseSVN only accepts one very specific, uncommon, variation (-p0); the variation that git/hg use is the common one (-p1).
Although that is true, I still prefer SVN patches because they include the (revision #) that the patch is made for which makes it simpler when patching.
Valentijn
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Valentijn »

petert wrote:
Rubidium wrote:"git patch files" are unified diffs. The problem isn't the format, the problem is that TortoiseSVN only accepts one very specific, uncommon, variation (-p0); the variation that git/hg use is the common one (-p1).
Although that is true, I still prefer SVN patches because they include the (revision #) that the patch is made for which makes it simpler when patching.
And git accepts both formats, so everyboy is happy.

BTW the revision to which the patches in the top should be applied is r18790.
SpComb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SpComb »

Valentijn wrote:BTW the revision to which the patches in the top should be applied is r18790.
xxx-trunk.patch is simply a symlink to the latest xxx-trunk-rXXXX.patch file.

I'll start posting svn-compatible versions of the -p1 'xxx.patch' patches as 'xxx.svn.patch'. I haven't actually tested these with svn, but they should apply...

---

Here's an updated build against r18913 including the recent changes in cargodist.

*** EDIT ***: Build appears to be broken, see 851460#p851460... new build: r18922.

Automated timetables and separation:
I've finally forced myself to use timetables, so this also includes the Jan 22 version of Automated timetables and separation.

Download: openttd-cargodist-minipack-r18913M-win32.zip (.pdb, .patch, .svn.patch).

The win32 .zip and git .patch are also attached.

Patches included:
  • cargodist
  • automated-timetables-and-separation
  • variable-daylength-01
  • variable-daylength-02-towngrowthfreq
  • variable-daylength-03-autofill-roundoff
  • town-cargo-factor-01
  • daily-autosave-00
  • vehicle-name-length
Crash reports / feedback:
As always, please report crashes from the build in this thread, and post the crash.* files that OpenTTD produces, along with any relevant information relating to the crash.

Comments or suggestions on the behaviour of the auto-separation patch should go into the Automated timetables and separation topic.

*** EDIT ***: Build appears to be broken, see 851460#p851460... new build: r18922.
Attachments
openttd-cargodist-minipack-r18913.patch
(343.14 KiB) Downloaded 143 times
Last edited by SpComb on 28 Jan 2010 13:19, edited 4 times in total.
bokkie
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by bokkie »

rejoice! :)
Psistorm
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Psistorm »

indeed :D

thanks so much for making this particular build happen, I tested it today and am loving it so far :)
it runs fine, though I found two errors, which may be unrelated to this build however:
- the sound seems to stop after a while, ive yet to determine the circumstances that cause this
- upon closing the game, it locks up, forcing me to shut it via the task manager
tsjook
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by tsjook »

Was looking forward to playing a game with the newest build. But almost immediately, while in the game menu, an assertion failure popped up. Multiple times the same window (every second or so until I clicked ok). I'm using the precompiled Win32 binary.

The second time I tried to start the game it even happened before the menu was displayed.

On the third occasion I just ignored the error messages (the menu was still accessible) but the game hanged when I clicked on 'Generate' in the World Generation Window.

The error seems fully reproducable, it happened every time I executed this version of OpenTTD.

edit: One or more of the crashed produced a .dmp a .png and a .log. Now included.

edit2: redownloaded, replaced old files and now it's working! :o May have been just a download error.

edit3: Restarted OpenTTD and now the error pops up again. Guess the error is legit. :?
Attachments
assertion_minipak-18913.PNG
assertion_minipak-18913.PNG (82.56 KiB) Viewed 5554 times
assertion_minipak-18913.rar
(401.73 KiB) Downloaded 127 times
fonso
President
President

Post by fonso »

Ouch. Since the moving averages the capacity of an edge can actually be 0, but there is still that assertion around.

What bothers me a little is that it doesn't happen to me. That sounds like desync. Do you have a special title game there? Is there anyone who also gets the same problem? Or rather, is there anyone besides me who doesn't get it?
The guy on the picture is not me, it's Alonso.

Return to “OpenTTD Development”