[Patch] Daylength, Cargodist with sprinkles

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Vaulter
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: [Patch] Daylength, Cargodist with sprinkles

Post by Vaulter »

Merged for 1.0.0
Thanks for such cool stuff!
Attachments
openttd-cargodist-minipack-1.0.0.patch
(337.84 KiB) Downloaded 202 times
Zero
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Zero »

SpComb wrote:
bokkie wrote: Here's an updated build to stabilize the road code, as well as an updated autosep (make it 0.72 now).

Download: openttd-cargodist-minipack-r19527M-win32.zip (.pdb.gz, .patch, .svn.patch, .log).

Crash reports / feedback:
Please report any and all crashes from this build in this thread, unless you can also reproduce them in a nightly or cargodist/autosep build.

It's a good idea to also post the crash.* files that OpenTTD produces, along with any relevant information relating to the crash (such as a recent savegame and a description of the circumstances of the crash).
I got a crash. Files are attached.
Situation was:
I had a bus line operating in a town. I built two truck stations for mail, one attached to a bus station, the other as a seperate station. I built a truck and created the orders for the truck and when I pressed "go" the game crashed.
Attachments
Crash.zip
(385.92 KiB) Downloaded 157 times
ostlandr
Chairman
Chairman

Post by ostlandr »

Just a little hint to folks playing this patchpack-

Remember to set the frequency of linkgraph update proportionally to the daylength factor. Default is 15, so if you use a 2X daylength factor, make it 7 or 8, for 3x make it 5, 4x make it 3, etc. Otherwise it takes forever for the linkgraph to decide where the cargo should go.
Who is John Galt?
Zero
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Zero »

ostlandr wrote:Just a little hint to folks playing this patchpack-

Remember to set the frequency of linkgraph update proportionally to the daylength factor. Default is 15, so if you use a 2X daylength factor, make it 7 or 8, for 3x make it 5, 4x make it 3, etc. Otherwise it takes forever for the linkgraph to decide where the cargo should go.
Thanks for the tip, but you shouldn't change it in a running game because it crashes if you do so. (at least for me)
fonso
President
President

Post by fonso »

Zero wrote: Thanks for the tip, but you shouldn't change it in a running game because it crashes if you do so. (at least for me)
It should not crash. At least not with the lastest version of cargodist. Is there anything special I have to do to reproduce the crash? If so can I get a savegame?
The guy on the picture is not me, it's Alonso.
Zero
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Zero »

Here it is:
The game ran fine until I changed the "link graph recalculation interval" from 16 to 8 days. It crashes a few days (I assume 8 ) after changing it.
Attachments
crash2.zip
(393.18 KiB) Downloaded 150 times
ostlandr
Chairman
Chairman

Post by ostlandr »

Ditto for me- thanks for posting the crash info- I hadn't gotten around to it.
Zero wrote:Here it is:
The game ran fine until I changed the "link graph recalculation interval" from 16 to 8 days. It crashes a few days (I assume 8 ) after changing it.
Who is John Galt?
klavishas
Engineer
Engineer

Post by klavishas »

Zero wrote: I got a crash. Files are attached.
Situation was:
I had a bus line operating in a town. I built two truck stations for mail, one attached to a bus station, the other as a seperate station. I built a truck and created the orders for the truck and when I pressed "go" the game crashed.
Looks it is not cargodist problem, but problem with long v4 set. I think problem appeared with involving improved acceleration for road vehicles into trunk. Probably that caused for some lv4 set cars (Ford model T) have tractive effort equal to 0, after atomatic calculation.
than tractive effort = 0
than tractive effort = 0
crash.png (8.84 KiB) Viewed 6036 times
sorry for my bad english
Last edited by klavishas on 09 Apr 2010 10:37, edited 1 time in total.
klavishas
Engineer
Engineer

Post by klavishas »

I dont know if this right place for such bug...
Monolev set started to behave strange with r19527. In the previous versions everything was ok.
I tried older versions of monolev set but is the same problem. It doesn't let to build monorail and maglev trains on their tracks, but instead it lets build them just on normal tracks.
Attachments
monolevproblem.png
fonso
President
President

Post by fonso »

The patch is outdated. In the latest version of cargodist this doesn't happen anymore.
The guy on the picture is not me, it's Alonso.
Zero
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Zero »

Allright thanks!

Because of my inability to compile I hope somebody has mercy and makes a new win32 built of this awesome patchpack. :bow:
DJ Nekkid
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DJ Nekkid »

if there is any interest, I can start a server with this patchpack and see how (un)stable it is... As Cargod*st is my favorite patch... Dont think i've played more then 15mins without it the last ... year or something :)
Member of the
ImageImage
DJ Nekkid
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DJ Nekkid »

server added at 83.243.128.249 with r19527.

Grfs:
Some from the opencoop pack, bananas and theese two:
2ccset
NuTracks

from http://bundles.openttdcoop.org

edit;
not online _quite_ yet, but will be shortly

edit2:
Should be online now :D
Member of the
ImageImage
DJ Nekkid
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DJ Nekkid »

and SORRY for trippleposting but;

in the current online game posted above, the first year there were 2 trains running for about 10 months, and a 3rd one for like 5...

they had a running cost of about 30k/year...
when the year were done the running costs for trains were aprox 13k.
daylength settings were set to 5...

some simple math:
30k*2 = 60
60/2 = 12 ...

give or take some on the dates, the running costs are pretty much spot on 1/5th of what the _normal_ running cost is (per year)...
Member of the
ImageImage
Kogut
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Kogut »

Yes, it is really funny with 255 multiplier, that means free trains. But anyway moneymaking in openttd isn't challenge.
Correct me If I am wrong - PM me if my English is bad
AIAI - AI for OpenTTD
DJ Nekkid
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DJ Nekkid »

with 2ccset and nutracks it actually is... :) ... or should be :)
Member of the
ImageImage
SpComb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SpComb »

klavishas wrote:
Zero wrote: I got a crash. Files are attached.
Situation was:
Looks it is not cargodist problem, but problem with long v4 set. I think problem appeared with involving improved acceleration for road vehicles into trunk. Probably that caused for some lv4 set cars (Ford model T) have tractive effort equal to 0, after atomatic calculation.
Correct, this was reproducible in vanilla trunk. I've reported it as FS#3751 for Terkhen to fix.
fonso wrote:
The patch is outdated. In the latest version of cargodist this doesn't happen anymore.
I hope the soon-to-be-here updated build including the latest version of cargodist fixes this, then.
klavishas wrote:I dont know if this right place for such bug...
Monolev set started to behave strange with r19527. In the previous versions everything was ok.
I tried older versions of monolev set but is the same problem. It doesn't let to build monorail and maglev trains on their tracks, but instead it lets build them just on normal tracks.
Indeed, this is behaves strangely in vanilla r19527, but I believe this was fixed in trunk, and my new build should work correctly.
DJ Nekkid wrote:give or take some on the dates, the running costs are pretty much spot on 1/5th of what the _normal_ running cost is (per year)...
Not quite. For daylength factors of 1, 2 and 3, the running costs behave correctly. However, with a daylength factor of 4 (DAY_TICKS = 296), the value of Vehicle::running_ticks will overflow, and thence running costs will be completely wrong. Fixing this is non-trivial, but I believe there have been attempts at this earlier as well.
SpComb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SpComb »

Here's an updated build to bump us along trunk, as well as sync up with the refactoring and desyncing fixes in cargodist.

Additionally, I'm pleased to announce the availability of a public Git repository for my OpenTTD development efforts, found at the following URLs:

gitweb: http://git.qmsk.net/?p=openttd
clone: git://git.qmsk.net/openttd

Additionally, to keep things entertaining, there is no "master" branch, and no valid HEAD - I'll fix this once I've found it amusing enough :) The interesting branch for most purposes is called cargodist-sprinkles.

And additionally additionally, the builds have now been officially renamed to "openttd-cargodist-sprinkles". The content is still the same, though.

Download: openttd-cargodist-sprinkles-r19596M-win32.zip (.pdb.gz, .patch, .svn.patch, .log).

The win32 .zip and git .patch are also attached.

Savegame compatibility:
This build should be able to load games saved by all previous official OpenTTD versions, as well as the matching vanilla cargodist build.

Crash reports / feedback:
Please report any and all crashes from this build in this thread, unless you can also reproduce them in a nightly or cargodist/autosep build.

It's a good idea to also post the crash.* files that OpenTTD produces, along with any relevant information relating to the crash (such as a recent savegame and a description of the circumstances of the crash).

Additionally, comments or suggestions as to the behavior of the auto-separation patch should go into the Automated timetables and separation topic.
Attachments
openttd-cargodist-sprinkles-r19596.patch
(335.59 KiB) Downloaded 135 times
openttd-cargodist-sprinkles-r19596M-win32.zip
(3.97 MiB) Downloaded 178 times
DJ Nekkid
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DJ Nekkid »

SpComb wrote:Here's an updated build to bump us along trunk, as well as sync up with the refactoring and
I'll update my server tomorrow, as im 20mins away from going to a gig tonight :)
Member of the
ImageImage
Kogut
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Kogut »

It is nice to get working sorting, thanks!
Correct me If I am wrong - PM me if my English is bad
AIAI - AI for OpenTTD

Return to “OpenTTD Development”