30-12-2009: Release of IS2.1.1
Version 2.1 contained some fatal bugs, caused both by an issue in trunk and several issues in IS. To address these problems we release IS 2.1.1.
Binaries for all platforms are available at http://bundles.openttdcoop.org/is2/IS2.1.1/
, thanks to the magic of the compile farm.
Changes in 2.1:
- It is no longer possible to set individual settings.
- Code rewritten and simplified.
Changes in beta 5: Lots of bugfixes, see viewtopic.php?f=33&t=42254&start=240#p831297
Changes in beta 3:
- More GUI rewriting, the sharing settings window is now using nested widgets only! Consider it a small step for a man, but a giant leap for widget-kind. To the user, the most noticeable effect is that the columns resize a bit more nicely.
- The settings 'Enable IS' and 'Allow individual settings' have been merged into a single three-state setting.
- Make it possible to prevent companies in debt from paying sharing fees. This blocks the most important form of possible MP exploitation.
- You can now access station tracks, even when sharing of stations is not allowed. (suggested by JamieLei)
- Some advanced YAPF hacking (tm) which should prevent PF-related desyncs (differences between client and server caches)
- Many bug/style fixes and updates to stay compatible with the ever-changing trunk. beta 3 is synced op to svn r16532
Changes in beta 2:
- Total rewrite of the sharing settings window. It is now able to scroll, resize, nest its widgets, adjust to font height and it requires much less screen area.
- When sharing is enabled, the 'routes' tab of the small map window shows accessible and non-accessible railway tracks in a different colour.
- Buying vehicles in others' depots is now possible if your vehicles can enter the depot.
- Plenty of bugs / style fixes and improvements.
A patch file is attached below. You can also checkout the source using mercurial. The repository URL is http://mz.openttdcoop.org/hg/is2/
. If you want to get the source of beta 2 instead of the 'IS trunk', use the tag 'IS2.0-beta2' Binaries are available at http://mz.openttdcoop.org/is2/bundles/
. They have been built using the compile farm, which TrueBrain generously allowed us to use.
Enjoy playing and testing, and don't forget to join the OpenTTDCoop dev server!Original post:
After many hours of coding, testing and bugfixing we are pleased to announce the release of Infrastructure Sharing 2.0 beta 1
This is a milestone in the history of this patch, and we considered it a good enough reason to open a new topic about it
Main features and changes:
- A total code rewrite. You may hardly notice it while playing, but basically the patch was rebuilt from the ground up. This resulted in much better, cleaner code.
- If a company is removed, goes bankrupt or disables sharing, all vehicles on its infrastructure will be sold.
- Buying and selling vehicles in others' depots is not possible, although autoreplace will work. Only trains have a separate switch to control depot access. For other vehicle types this was not deemed necessary and depot and station access are combined. (note: internally depot and station access are separate flags, so this behaviour can easily be changed)
A test server is running at mz.openttdcoop.org:3981
. The corresponding IRC channel is #openttdcoop.dev
. For discussions regarding the code, the #openttdcoop.devzone
channel is available.
We think this new patch has better chances of getting into trunk at some point. This will be very unlikely before the release of 0.7.0, though. We do hope that this patch will be reviewed in the not-too-distant future, so we can make improvements and fixes where needed. Then, when trunk inclusion becomes a more serious option, we plan to split the patch into separate, smaller parts to facilitate a more thorough review.
The patch file can be found here, in both svn and hg format:http://bundles.openttdcoop.org/is2/trunk-patches/
Create your own NewGRF? Check out this tutorial