Chunnel V23 r27765

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

HackaLittleBit
Director
Director

Re: Chunnel V20 r24097

Post by HackaLittleBit »

Hello

Update patch (See first post)
Changes:
1. Earlier version entrance was limited from 2 to 4 tiles from shore line.
This was altered to 2 to unlimited. (a limit could speed up tunnel searches somewhat)
2. Spaghetti was eliminated in CmdBuildTunnel proc. :)
3. Tile will high-lite on top of crossing tunnel if encountered.
4. Speedup of tunnel finding code. (IsTunnelInWayDir)
Search stops now on any non valid slope.

Bugs not known so please report

Regards
boohey
Engineer
Engineer

Post by boohey »

Is there not an easier way to get this working! ive tried the links but i still dont know what the hell to do.

I dont do programming and im looking at the web pages and programmes to get this working and im stumped :cry:

And this is such a good idea and always wanted it will this not be added in open ttd in the future?
Supercheese
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Supercheese »

boohey wrote:Is there not an easier way to get this working! ive tried the links but i still dont know what the hell to do.

I dont do programming and im looking at the web pages and programmes to get this working and im stumped :cry:
See: http://wiki.openttd.org/Patches

Note however that an older version of this patch is included in Chill's PatchPack, which is precompiled: http://bundles.openttdcoop.org/chillpp/ ... hfe846ddd/
Eyecandy Road Vehicles | Fake Subways | Supercheese's NewObjects

"Fashions and cultures change, but steam trains shall always be majestic."
-Professor Hershel Layton
MAG101
Engineer
Engineer

Post by MAG101 »

Hello this patch going be trunked? or need fixing
HackaLittleBit
Director
Director

Re: Chunnel V21 r27060

Post by HackaLittleBit »

Update Patch.
See first post for patches and explanation.
Happy Chunneling.;-)
I don't see three attachments in the first post so, here one more time the patch for Cirdan's branche.

Happy weekend!
Attachments
Cirdan_Branch_Chunnel_23374.patch
(6.68 KiB) Downloaded 191 times
TrueSatan
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by TrueSatan »

Seeing your first post means that nmf's signals in tunnels is working with chunnels? :)
That would be awesome.

Thanks I will try the patch if I have time to compile another version from Cridan with
your patch.

Cheers
TheAmir259
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by TheAmir259 »

This is a very cool project. I've so far used some NewGRFs to immitate underwater tunnels.
I used Fake bridges NewGRF only to mimic waters. And yes, the tunnel I'm doing only allows Class 373 Eurostar trains to pass through, as you can see in the picture. The Eurostar i'm using is the BROS one. It's very simple, but very costy, and the length adds to its costs. You know raising the terrain out of the water costs more than raising it not out of the water, and i need to make a causeway across the straits to achieve that. Even by doing so, ships can't pass so i have to add canals and locks to it. I also added signals in the middle to achieve smooth traffic flow instead of waiting for one train to pass the tunnel at one time which will waste a lot of times. I've yet to try this out and i might not try though but I would love to have tiles like the canal but instead textured with the sea textures, together with sloping ones and the coasts and that the ships could traverse on sloping sea tiles just like how it would on a lock. Cool project by the way.
Attachments
Amir Transport Pty. Ltd., 28th Aug 2144.png
Amir Transport Pty. Ltd., 28th Aug 2144.png (66.91 KiB) Viewed 1089 times
You can also find me at Reddit. Check out my OpenTTD Screenshots & Savefiles!
HackaLittleBit
Director
Director

Post by HackaLittleBit »

Update to trunk.
The patch is now working as it was intended.(jgr ;-))
11 patches.
The first seven are related to chunnel.
The last four include bridge pool and some debugging info and are for experimenting.
It will change your savegame compatability.

Oil rigs can not be passed or constructed above the under water tunnel.
The portals need a minimum length of 4 tiles.
Once constructed those portals will stay the same and can not be removed while the tunnel is there.
terraforming between the portals is allowed, and can be removed if so wished.
For the rest all tunnel behaviour stays the same as it was.
There are no limitations about construction anymore.(exept oil rigs).
That means that building is allowed above the chunnel and between the portals if water is removed.(Polder)

Enjoy.

See first post
HackaLittleBit
Director
Director

Post by HackaLittleBit »

Update to trunk.
and more.
Thanks to a huge help of JGR(posts) the patch starts to look complete.
The chunnels can cross each other.
The vehicles inside cross each other on a different height level.
To cross another chunnel a distance of three tiles has to be respected.
Finding the tunnel is not (yet) done with a hash.
The last patch is to see vehicles inside the tunnel.(Smatz)

See first post
bef123
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Chunnel V23 r27765

Post by bef123 »

OMG this tunnels are great thing. I desperately need them in my game but unfotrunately I have a big problem in installing these into the game. I've spent two last hours reading manuals how to implement patches in the game, I've downloaded latest version of TortoiseSVN and SetupBuild OTTD but I have problems with some errors. Please if this is still possible, tell me (guy that isn't a programmist at all) how to install these patches into the game. I have got 18 trunk*.*.patch files and don't know at all what to do with them. Any help will be very grateful. Thanks
Quast65
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Quast65 »

bef123 wrote: 22 Oct 2020 17:22 OMG this tunnels are great thing. I desperately need them in my game but unfotrunately I have a big problem in installing these into the game. I've spent two last hours reading manuals how to implement patches in the game, I've downloaded latest version of TortoiseSVN and SetupBuild OTTD but I have problems with some errors. Please if this is still possible, tell me (guy that isn't a programmist at all) how to install these patches into the game. I have got 18 trunk*.*.patch files and don't know at all what to do with them. Any help will be very grateful. Thanks
Chunnels are part of JGR Patchpack, ready to play, no implementing patches needed:
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=73469

Download of version 0.38.1 is here:
https://github.com/JGRennison/OpenTTD-p ... rpp-0.38.1
Projects: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=57266
Screenshots: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=56959
Scenario of The Netherlands: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=87604

Winner of the following screenshot competitions:
sep 2012, jan 2013, apr 2013, aug 2013, mar 2014, mar 2016, oct 2020
All my work is released under GPL-license (either V2 or V3), if not clearly stated otherwise.
Gadg8eer
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Gadg8eer »

bef123 wrote: 22 Oct 2020 17:22 OMG this tunnels are great thing. I desperately need them in my game but unfotrunately I have a big problem in installing these into the game. I've spent two last hours reading manuals how to implement patches in the game, I've downloaded latest version of TortoiseSVN and SetupBuild OTTD but I have problems with some errors. Please if this is still possible, tell me (guy that isn't a programmist at all) how to install these patches into the game. I have got 18 trunk*.*.patch files and don't know at all what to do with them. Any help will be very grateful. Thanks
No need to mess with patches, use this: https://github.com/JGRennison/OpenTTD-p ... rpp-0.38.1

JGR's Patch Pack includes tons of working patches, including this Chunnel patch!

EDIT: Whoops, ninja'd!
I have Asperger's, please be easy on me about stuff. My apologies if I've been a problem for you in the past.
Quast65
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Quast65 »

Gadg8eer wrote: 22 Oct 2020 23:17 EDIT: Whoops, ninja'd!
:twisted:
Projects: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=57266
Screenshots: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=56959
Scenario of The Netherlands: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=87604

Winner of the following screenshot competitions:
sep 2012, jan 2013, apr 2013, aug 2013, mar 2014, mar 2016, oct 2020
All my work is released under GPL-license (either V2 or V3), if not clearly stated otherwise.
bef123
Engineer
Engineer

Post by bef123 »

Thanks ! I've already been playing with JGR patch since two weeks and it's great!

Return to “OpenTTD Development”