pravdomil wrote:What we shall do to have it in official release?
Even if this implementation was ever likely to reach trunk (it won't, due to being hacky and inflexible gameplay-wise), it still has several quite serious bugs that would prevent it from doing so:
- It just doesn't work at all with path signals (not only can you not put them in tunnels, placing path signals immediately before or after tunnels causes loads of bugs). With many/most players using path signals for almost everything, this is a big problem.
- The first train arriving at a newly-signalled tunnel often stops, despite it being clear, and has to be forced through.
- When stopping trains at the signals, it doesn't properly set the power/load/whatever - trains continue to produce smoke at the maximum rate, and are charged the same running costs as for accelerating. Similarly, they're shown as '0mph' rather than 'Waiting for path'.
- For some reason, it displays a signal facing in the wrong direction at the exit end of the bridge.
- Sometimes, for no apparent reason, trains just ignore the signals and crash into the ones in front. I couldn't see a pattern, but that might be because it only happens rarely.
Of course, as a constant user of this patch, I'd love it if anyone did fix any of the above. I suspect they'd be wasting their time though, as the devs would be unlikely to accept a patch based on this even without any bugs
Permanent signature filling text. Content coming soon
delayed indefinitely! Oh, and I have a screenshot thread
Linux user (XMonad
DWM/KDE, Arch), IRC obsessive and rail enthusiast. No longer buiding robots.
Author of an incredibly boring stickied post about NewGRFs