Signals in tunnels and on bridges V3.02 r24031

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

TOA57Y
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Signals in tunnels and on bridges V3.02 r24031

Post by TOA57Y »

Hey guys

Really not getting this whole patch/compiling thing. Wondering if someone could post up a compiled version of OpenTTD with this patch please? I had it once before back when buildOTTD used to work. But lost it when a hard drive failed.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

TOA57Y wrote:Wondering if someone could post up a compiled version of OpenTTD with this patch please?
Nearly every currently updated & maintained patch pack includes this patch.
AkipTsaqif
Engineer
Engineer

Post by AkipTsaqif »

Hi.

Sorry, I have a question. I can't change the signal placement. My signal placement setting is on the right side, but the signal in the bridges and tunnels keeps on the left.

Any solution to this?

Thanks.
DaRifty9_Erz
Engineer
Engineer

Post by DaRifty9_Erz »

How am I supposed to apply the patch to the game?

Supercheese
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Supercheese »

DaRifty9_Erz wrote:How am I supposed to apply the patch to the game?

https://wiki.openttd.org/Patches

Refer to one of these guides to compile and apply: https://wiki.openttd.org/Category:Compiling_OpenTTD
Eyecandy Road Vehicles | Fake Subways | Supercheese's NewObjects

"Fashions and cultures change, but steam trains shall always be majestic."
-Professor Hershel Layton
birsk
Engineer
Engineer

Post by birsk »

Hi.

Someone who has a version that works under "openttd r27886"

Auge
Director
Director

Post by Auge »

Hello
birsk wrote:Someone who has a version that works under "openttd r27886"
I wouldn't expect someone to have a patch version for this particular trunk version. But you can use a patch pack which includes this patch. I for myself prefer the JGRPP.

Tschö, Auge
birsk
Engineer
Engineer

Post by birsk »

Can agree with that :-)
What you suggested worked excellent. I let that patch open over r27886, and it worked with save games and everything. Thanx. :P
Do you know if there are such a patch for cut / paste too?
der_do
Engineer
Engineer

Post by der_do »

Hi,

I've just created an updated version of this patch for the current release/1.9 branch.

There are some issues:

1.) in the settings window the string which shows the spacing between signals is "undefined", when you click it, it shows the value and you can set it.
2.) If you place a signal only on one side of the track, the signal on the exist of the bridge is on the wrong side, but the trains still drive through, even if its a block-signal.
3.) When you delete the signals from a bridge via click+drag some signals remain displayed, i.e: The graphics are not updated.

Technically the patch works, though.

Enjoy.
Attachments
tunnelssignals.patch
(36.26 KiB) Downloaded 144 times
uprrfan530
Engineer
Engineer

Post by uprrfan530 »

UPDATE: Did some reading; I'm not going to compile this into my openttd install. Can someone post a link to the current stable openttd with this Pre-Compiled?

Ok, it's been a while since I added a patch file to Openttd cause the built-in GRF gui setup has been so user friendly for so long now. How do I install this patch? most older patches were exe files that installed themselves. What openttd folder does it get copied to?

thank you all for all your tedious work to improve this game that I've been playing since I was 12!
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

uprrfan530 wrote: 05 Aug 2019 15:25 UPDATE: Did some reading; I'm not going to compile this into my openttd install. Can someone post a link to the current stable openttd with this Pre-Compiled?
There isn't one. The moment you patch the stable version of OpenTTD, it is no longer "stable", and it's not going to be compatible with any other OpenTTD clients, and any save games or multiplayer servers you set up won't be compatible, either.

JGR Patch Pack, on the other hand, does include it, and offers it both as a pre-compiled Windows binary and source code that you can compile yourself. Current test builds for JGRPP are based on fairly current OpenTTD nightly releases.

Return to “OpenTTD Development”