The attached patch removes the need for the map edges to be water. You can raise the land / build on it what you want.
No known issues
If you have any suggestions / comments, please let me know.
Latest patch can be downloaded from http://bugs.openttd.org/task/2541
Edit: Fixed a lot of asserts that could happen when you let a train run towards a map edge. Also the map generator is updated so it generates landscapes with land at the borders now. Attached is a screenshot that show how it works and a windows binary.
Changes in r14668_v2:
- Incorporated SmatZ changes to fix the graphical glitch at the southern borders
- Fixed a bug where terragenesis could generate tiles with a height difference of 2 between two neighbouring corners.
- Added a gui option in the map generation window to choose what borders should be water and what borders should be land.
The binary is now v2, the zip still has the same name though.
Changes in r14675_v3:
- When loading a heightmap the border now depends on the heightmap instead of always water.
- Lighthouses are only build near water
- Stations can now be built at tile 0 without errors.
- Loading old (TTD) savegames was broken, now fixed again (thanks SmatZ)
Changes in r14677_v4:
- It was impossible to terraform south-border tiles in the scenario editor
- The white dot drawn when terraforming is now drawn at the correct height for the south-border tiles.
Changes in r14677_v5:
- Lots of bugfixes of bugs reported by Progman, see viewtopic.php?p=751289#p751289
for a complete list.
- Flat tiles at the map edge with height = 0 will get flooded (to prevent maps without any water at all).
Changes in r14577_v6:
- Removed a lot of IsValidTile checks and make GetTileType return MP_VOID for tiles > MapSize()
Changes in r14685_v7:
- Fixed segfault with fences on nw border.
Changes in r14772_v8:
- Tiles at the north edges will be MP_VOID when the patch is enabled.
- Removed lots of IsValidTile calls due to the previous change.
- New patch setting (under construction) to enable/disable terraforming the map edges.
- Known issue: small graphical glitch at the north edges.
- Removed the GetTileType hack introduced in v6.
Changes in r14840_v9:
- Enabling the setting in a running game would fail most of the time.
Changes in r14840_v10:
- Fix the graphical glitch at the north edges (SmatZ)
- A bit of cleanup (removing some unneeded IsValidTile checks)
for the latest patch (some fixes by SmatZ) and a windows/linux binary.
- Fix an issue were you couldn't select tiles at the north border if they were raised more than a few height levels.
- Fix a crash if rails tiles went towards an edge of the map (introduced in v10).
Changes in v12:
- MP_VOID tiles could be seen as land for newgrf files (see r14415). (thanks SmatZ)
Changes in v13:
Update to r14905