Patch: Improved Breakdowns v2.4 (r14563)

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

2007Alain2007
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Re: Patch: Improved Breakdowns v2.4 (r14563)

Post by 2007Alain2007 »

Thank you very much eddi

were did you look to find out this infor
For Community Integrated Version http://code.google.com/p/civopenttd/
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

reading and interpreting error messages correctly is one of the most elementary skills of a software developer.
also, checking the revision log for changes related to the suspected error cause, and grepping for the definition of the missing function are obvious (to me) things to do. takes a total of two to ten minutes...
2007Alain2007
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by 2007Alain2007 »

i fort it might have been some thing like that but never thought what one it be and thank you once again and i should learn to look longer for myself befor asking for help or i never learn
Last edited by 2007Alain2007 on 28 Jun 2009 00:39, edited 1 time in total.
audigex
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by audigex »

At risk of being obnoxious, the word is "thought" not "fort" which is a defensive construction used in warfare... pet peeve of mine, sorry :-)
Jon
2007Alain2007
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Re: Patch: Improved Breakdowns v2.4 (r16388)

Post by 2007Alain2007 »

I getting tired of trying to update this patchs i bringed it from r14563 to now at 16388 dose any one fanice takeing it the rest
improved-breakdowns-v2.4 16388.patch
hope your like to test it out

The patch is using Road and ship togiver so when there changed all the names i think i cant slove it

Unless it is safe to copy the hole of HandleBrokenRoadVeh in to the ship one but i have not got a clue how i am gonig to do that just yet

If any one wants a win 32 build i am more then happy to make one for you
2007Alain2007
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Re: Patch: Improved Breakdowns v2.4 (r16389)

Post by 2007Alain2007 »

ERROR

In file included from C:/msys/1.0/home/Alainspc/ottdsrc/trunk/src/pbs.cpp:8:
C:/msys/1.0/home/Alainspc/ottdsrc/trunk/src/yapf/follow_track.hpp: In member function `bool CFollowTrackT<Ttr_type_, T90deg_turns_allowed_, Tmask_reserved_tracks>::Follow(TileIndex, Trackdir)':
C:/msys/1.0/home/Alainspc/ottdsrc/trunk/src/yapf/follow_track.hpp:108: error: 'const union Vehicle::<anonymous>' has no member named 'road'
make[1]: *** [pbs.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/Alainspc/ottdsrc/trunk/objs/release'
make: *** [all] Error 2

UPDATED to R16389 but got stuck with chages in r16390 evern that the patch is no toching them files

I think its src/roadveh.h but i am not 100% i allso changed the code so ships and roac are apart so should be easyer to update
IB V2.4 R16389.patch
2007Alain2007
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by 2007Alain2007 »

22 downloads but no coments on it or ideas on fixes
SirkoZ
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Patch: Improved Breakdowns v2.3 (r14458)

Post by SirkoZ »

Hirundo wrote:Personally I consider this patch finished now. I'm not planning any new features or changes, although I will keep it updated to the trunk and fix any bugs that appear. Therefore I would like to ask to (one of) the devs; what is your opinion on this patch? Is it eligible for trunk inclusion? Does it need changes to functionality, code style or anything else? Answers to some or all of these questions would be very much appreciated.
I would like that one of the developers to answer Hirundo's request for an opinion on inclusion/code-style, etc. It has been nearly one year since his request for it. :o

By the way where are you Hirundo?
audigex
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by audigex »

Inclusion isn't based on an "is it finished" - finished isn't the same as "suitable for trunk". The feature needs to add materially to gameplay, not ruin savegame compatability and various other bits and bobs. It also has to do enough to be worth it's code.

Eg a small patch with minor features is much more likely to get in than a large patch with the same feature, the devs don't want to tax people's machines with un-necessary things.

I can't comment on the liklihood for this particular case - simply because I'm not a dev, I know very little about the source code or this patch etc - but there are many reasons why something wouldn't be included; although I'd like to see it myself, that doesn't mean it's right for trunk,
Jon
SirkoZ
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SirkoZ »

As I said - I would like a developers opinion on the state of the patch, since Hirundo is gone and petern did show some interest in the patch beginning.
Hirundo
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Hirundo »

*cough* Although I'm not a dev either, I would not trunkify this patch in its current state if I were. It needs quite a lot of work to update and clean it and to split it into parts. Currently I lack the time to do so, leaving this patch in a dormant state.
Create your own NewGRF? Check out this tutorial!
2007Alain2007
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by 2007Alain2007 »

My update to your patch is that ok to keep there or did you want me to removie it becuse i proble made it dirty in codeing words
SirkoZ
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SirkoZ »

Hirundo wrote:*cough* Although I'm not a dev either, I would not trunkify this patch in its current state if I were. It needs quite a lot of work to update and clean it and to split it into parts. Currently I lack the time to do so, leaving this patch in a dormant state.
:lol: Here he be!
I see - well - nice of you to clear that out. It's a nice patch idea-wise, so I hope you find time to clean it up. ;-)
bigos
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by bigos »

Merged with trunk r17811.
Attachments
IB2.4_r17811.patch
(57.25 KiB) Downloaded 172 times
Tekky
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Tekky »

Hirundo wrote:It needs quite a lot of work to update and clean it and to split it into parts.
You may also want to think about whether you would like to include my "no reliability decrease for stopped trains" patch into your patch, since my patch is a very simple patch. On the other hand, it may also be appropriate for me to include your patch into mine. :-)
2007Alain2007
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by 2007Alain2007 »

very simple patch are easyer to use myself add to much and the patch grows bigger and biger and out of control
bigos
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by bigos »

Because this patch, in my opinion, make game a bit easier I have modified it a bit. I have added effect of mechanical failure - maximum speed of train is permanently reduced to 50% (more locos in train - less speed reduction). Reduction can be removed by visiting depot.

What do you think guys about my upgrade ?

EDIT: Fixed
Attachments
IB2.4_speed_reduction_r17863.patch
IB 2.4 with additional speed reduction after mechanical breakdown
(58.61 KiB) Downloaded 173 times
bigos
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by bigos »

There was small bug in last version. Fixed and merged with trunk.
Attachments
IB_24_speed_reduction.patch
IB 2.4 with additional speed reduction for r17911
(58.63 KiB) Downloaded 176 times
Tekky
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Tekky »

bigos wrote:Because this patch, in my opinion, make game a bit easier I have modified it a bit. I have added effect of mechanical failure - maximum speed of train is permanently reduced to 50% (more locos in train - less speed reduction). Reduction can be removed by visiting depot.

What do you think guys about my upgrade ?
Although I haven't actually tested it yet, I like this idea. In fact, I suggested this feature myself some time ago in this post.

When you implement this, I consider it very important that a train that has once suffered a breakdown with permanent damage should consider itself as scheduled to service inside a depot, even if the scheduled service period has not expired yet. For example, a "service in depot" order should act like a "got to depot" order, in this case. Otherwise, the permanent damage will not get repaired until the scheduled service period expires. Has this already been taken into account by your patch?
bigos
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by bigos »

I did not want to to make order service in depot because it can realy mess up in your routs. Such order will for example pass the station and will go to depot behind it - if its 1 way station then it will be lost or go to loading station... it can really screw game. For now its like you said. Broken until next service scheduled or forced by you (constructing tracks when train always go to depot). Other way to repair this is to use waypoints. You can create advanced orders list with conditional orders and when for example max speed is lower then half of maximum then go to depot and repair. I think its better way then forcing all trains to repair after mechanical failure. And you will have more fun with using waypoits ;)
What do you think now? :)

Return to “OpenTTD Development”