Gonozal_VIII patchpack r12180

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Gonozal_VIII
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: Some cool patches updated and merged r12087

Post by Gonozal_VIII »

broodje, your problem looks like you applied parts of the pbs patch twice, revert doesn't remove new files like pbs.cpp, you have to delete them manually
athanasios
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by athanasios »

Gonozal_VIII wrote:very small patch indeed, i will include it with the next update
Thanks a lot. :]
http://members.fortunecity.com/gamesart
"If no one is a fool I am also a fool." -The TTD maniac.

I prefer to be contacted through PMs. Thanks.
broodje
Director
Director

Post by broodje »

broodje, your problem looks like you applied parts of the pbs patch twice, revert doesn't remove new files like pbs.cpp, you have to delete them manually
Oops, you were right. Commenting out the offending lines solved the problem. Great set of patches to choose from, I can't wait till they are ready for the trunk.
Gonozal_VIII
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: Some cool patches updated and merged r12096

Post by Gonozal_VIII »

new version again, includes the new more realistic loans system patch, the patch for 2cc support in depots and a small fix to the close road crossing if rail is reserved part of yapp
PhilSophus
Chairman
Chairman

Post by PhilSophus »

Gonozal_VIII wrote:includes the new more realistic loans system patch
wow, thank you, you are really fast. You must be living in another time zone (at least mentally :lol: )
"The bigger the island of our knowledge, the longer the shore of our ignorance" - John A. Wheeler, Physicist, 1911-2008
Kamerat
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Kamerat »

I'm trying to compile OTTD (r12096) with your patch, but I'm getting an error:

Code: Select all

[SRC] Compiling station.cpp
/home/xxx/trunk/src/station.cpp: In static member function ‘static void VehicleCargoStatisticsList::UpdateStations()’:
/home/xxx/trunk/src/station.cpp:534: error: no matching function for call to ‘max(const uint&, size_t)’
make[1]: *** [station.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/xxx/trunk/objs/release'
make: *** [all] Error 2
Any idea how to solve this?
Kamerat on EFnet
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

Specify which max template you want: max<uint>(...), max<const uint&>(...) or max<size_t>(...) Or cast one of the arguments to match the type of the other.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
Kamerat
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Kamerat »

DaleStan wrote:Specify which max template you want: max<uint>(...), max<const uint&>(...) or max<size_t>(...) Or cast one of the arguments to match the type of the other.
Sorry for bothering you, I was a bit to fast on the trigger. :) Found an answer: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=33&p=661719

Uploaded the updated file if anyone other get the same problem.
Attachments
long_filename_r12096.patch
(539.68 KiB) Downloaded 165 times
Kamerat on EFnet
Gonozal_VIII
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: Gonozal_VIII patchpack r12106

Post by Gonozal_VIII »

new version again, with some little updates/fixes and a new patch to select the pathfinder for vehicle types... and a changed filename ;-)
Forked
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Forked »

I'm a bit slow today, sorry.. long day at work.

Clicky for win32 binary <- r12106.gonozal.win32.rar
jbal4337
Engineer
Engineer

Post by jbal4337 »

Hi

I always have the same problem when I try to install this patch, with de compiled win32 binary
The program says ini: error in array "diff_custom".

Does anyone know how to solve it?
sickie
Engineer
Engineer

Post by sickie »

Hello.
Well, I had the same problem (I compiled r12106 myself), but after a couple of runs the problem solved itself; I didn't do a thing about it, the problems just disapeared. I don't have a clue what the problem is (was, for me ;)), so, if for you it's persistant, I can't help you. (and I am sorry if I misuse the comma, I see it's not that often used in English as is in Slovene)
Gonozal_VIII
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Gonozal_VIII »

just ignore that message, diff custom is difficulty setting, the number of data members has changed because of the new loan system patch, the game corrects that at first start, completely harmless
Smoky555
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Smoky555 »

hi

I try to compiling 12096, 12112, 12118 but i get the same error :

Code: Select all

3>economy.cpp
3>\open\src\src_trunk_12118\src\core/overflowsafe_type.hpp(142) : error C2666: 'OverflowSafeInt<T,T_MAX,T_MIN>::operator +' : 4 overloads have similar conversions
3>        with
3>        [
3>            T=int64,
3>            T_MAX=0x7fffffffffffffff,
3>            T_MIN=0x800000000
3>        ]
3>        \open\src\src_trunk_12118\src\core/overflowsafe_type.hpp(54): could be 'OverflowSafeInt<T,T_MAX,T_MIN> OverflowSafeInt<T,T_MAX,T_MIN>::operator +(const uint) const'
3>        with
3>        [
3>            T=int64,
3>        ]
3>        \open\src\src_trunk_12118\src\core/overflowsafe_type.hpp(53): or 'OverflowSafeInt<T,T_MAX,T_MIN> OverflowSafeInt<T,T_MAX,T_MIN>::operator +(const int) const'
3>        with
3>        [
3>            T=int64,
3>        ]
3>        \open\src\src_trunk_12118\src\core/overflowsafe_type.hpp(52): or 'OverflowSafeInt<T,T_MAX,T_MIN> OverflowSafeInt<T,T_MAX,T_MIN>::operator +(const OverflowSafeInt<T,T_MAX,T_MIN> &) const'
3>        with
3>        [
3>            T=int64,
3>        ]
3>        or 'built-in C++ operator+(int64, byte)'
3>        while trying to match the argument list '(OverflowSafeInt<T,T_MAX,T_MIN>, byte)'
3>        with
3>        [
3>            T=int64,
3>        ]
3>        ..\src\economy.cpp(152) : see reference to function template instantiation 'OverflowSafeInt<T,T_MAX,T_MIN> operator +<int64,0x7fffffffffffffff,0x800000000>(byte,OverflowSafeInt<T,T_MAX,T_MIN>)' being compiled
3>        with
3>        [
3>            T=int64,
3>        ]
MS VS 2005, clean trunk compilings fine.
Russian OpenTTD Community patchpack (2.0.0RC2) (in Russian) , (in English)
Trond
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Trond »

Thanx for making this 'version' of OTTD available to us all, especially to forked for doing a win32 version so I dont have to compile myself! Very nice!
..: Trond :.. because you deserve it! Image

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves,
and wiser people so full of doubts.
Bertrand Russell

MyGRFs: Norwegian Funny Town Names 4 | LOTR & WoW Town Names 2 | Islandic Town Names 1 | Random Norwegian Town Names
Favorites: GRFCrawler | ISR | WIKI | Now Playing: OpenTTD 1.3.2 w/YAPP 3.0-RC3.9ish
Noldo
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Noldo »

That error comes from Money + byte type of situation. The easiest fix for you is propably to cast the byte to uint or something like that. In the bigger picture it might be worth it to add operator+(byte b) method to OverflowSafeInt. No sure though.
Gord
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Gord »

I've been playing with this patchpack for a few days now. It really is very good indeed.

I've started a UK map. Passenger destinations allows me to know where passengers are going through the UK. PBS means i can squeeze those junctions in around Birmingham New Street without having to destroy half of Birmingham to build flyovers etc. Distant join stations allows me to connect tube stations in London with their nearest rail station. Like i've said, with shared rails the whole thing would be complete for me...and i am very grateful you looked into it for me.

This patchpack allows me to play almost the perfect game. Screenshots coming in my screenshot thread soon!

Thank you Gonozal...and of course all the people who made those patches to start with! :D
Gonozal_VIII
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Gonozal_VIII »

it's fun to mess with the code, merging those patches, looking for solutions for conflicts, changing some details here and there... (as long as it works^^) i'm glad that people like it
Kanibal
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Kanibal »

Well, yeah, we do :D

Especially if I get something I can either compile with BuildOTTD or better yet, just download and run... I'm not the smartest coding cookie, and this put all the patches I wanted in one place in something that works!

Great! Thanx!
Spingo
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Spingo »

May I request a patch that was in ChrisIN that I really liked? One of my pet hates with OpenTTD is how close towns are located - even when you have it set to "Very Low", you get tonnes of towns in close proximity to each other. The Minimum Town Distance patch (http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?t=33625) was great to overcome this, even though there was a bit of debate as to wether the patch is in the right spirit of OpenTTD - and it hasn't really been updated in a couple of months either...
May your cheese be tasty!

Return to “OpenTTD Development”