S60v3 port

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

aeon
Engineer
Engineer

Re: S60v3 port

Post by aeon »

Wolf, can you help me?
I have a Nokia E61 and I got with sucess openttd.sisx installed on my phone.
I tried to install:

openc_ssl.sis : and got a error of access.
pips_s60_1_2_ss.sis : and got a error of access.
sdl_1.2.13_s60_2.2.0.sisx : It is installed with success.

How can I install openc_ssl.sis and pips_s60_1_2_ss.sis?

The exact error is: Required application access not granted!
Killer 11
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Killer 11 »

Would there be any chance of creating an S80 port? i mean for phones like Nokia 9500 with huge screens and full keyboard these phones seem to be quite OpenTTD ready
wolf
Engineer
Engineer

Post by wolf »

aeon wrote:How can I install openc_ssl.sis and pips_s60_1_2_ss.sis?

These files are provided by Nokia/Symbian, so I can't really do anything about them. An updated version has been released recently however, but OpenTTD needs some work with them, as the updated version expose/cause some bugs. Be on lookout for updates.
Killer 11 wrote:Would there be any chance of creating an S80 port? i mean for phones like Nokia 9500 with huge screens and full keyboard these phones seem to be quite OpenTTD ready
S60v3 is Symbian 9, S80 has ended its life on Symbian 7. It lacks the EKA2 kernel, it has no Open C and the processor speed is not that great. Definitive no-no, at least from the point of view of current S60v3 implementation.
Teura
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Teura »

Ok, I found about this project only lately, and was most impressed about this s60v3 port.
But well, I have problems getting this to work with my Nokia N80.

I started with installing the three required packages, no problems. Then OpenTTD, no problems either. Then I copied the 6 datafiles (sample.cat and the 5 .grf or whatever the extension was) from TTD install on PC to e:\openttd\data on phone (1Gb memory card, ~950Mb free). But, now when I try to launch OpenTTD from applications, I get the parameters (pass with cancel), then the loading screen for about a second, and then it crashes back to applications.
By looking at openttd.txt at the root of the memorycard, it has: "Fatal error: No available language packs (invalid versions?)"

I then tried to copy the lang directory from the openTTD on my PC to e:\openttd\lang, but to no avail. Also tried the lang directory under data-folder, didn't help. Deleting all but one language, didn't work.
Then I tried deleting the whole thing and copying the whole openttd folder from PC to phone. It caused errors about missing datafiles, as they were now under openttd\ instead of openttd\data, and last in the file was still the line about missing language.

After a little googling, I found out something that in PSP version you should change one path in openttd.cfg when getting that error, but I don't see the file in my phone (does it even exist in the s60 version?). So it wasn't helpful either.

Couldn't find anything about this in the topic, so any help would be appreciated.
wolf
Engineer
Engineer

Post by wolf »

The language files are provided by the sisx file. You shouldn't need to do anything with them. If you want to copy the lang files from PC (but you shouldn't need to), make sure these are from the same revision as the phone build. I'd recommend reinstall to restore the proper ones.

The openttd.cfg can be found in the e:\openttd directory, but it's probably not yet generated by the game in your case.
Teura
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Teura »

Reinstalled the sisx, and it's working fine now.
Thanks.
canseco
Engineer
Engineer

Post by canseco »

wolf wrote:Try this one: http://cvs.pld-linux.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb ... xt%2Fplain. Remember to replace /usr/share/GUSpatches with the directory name where you put the patches (e:/openttd/gus for me). This file will probably only work with GUS patches. If you can find some other patches on the net, the appropriate timidity.cfg should be distributed with them.
I can't found guspatches to work wiht s60v3 port. Can you put a link for the patches you are using on your mobile to make music working?

Thanks
wolf
Engineer
Engineer

Post by wolf »

canseco
Engineer
Engineer

Post by canseco »

wolf
Engineer
Engineer

Post by wolf »

aeon wrote:openc_ssl.sis : and got a error of access.
pips_s60_1_2_ss.sis : and got a error of access.
sdl_1.2.13_s60_2.2.0.sisx : It is installed with success.

How can I install openc_ssl.sis and pips_s60_1_2_ss.sis?

I have tried to install pips and ssl on RM-89 E61 with 3.0633.09.04 firmware and everything works. Can't help you, sorry.
Savormix
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Savormix »

Hi everyone,

As a long time player of Transport Tycoon non-deluxe while it still was commercial, I was happy to see it didn't died, but rather got multiplatform + enhances.

So, a quick review of this port to s60v3 (used nE61):
libraries:
open c = already present
pips = already present
sdl = conflicts with c2doom, I guess only the newest c2doom will not conflict with the newest sdl?

Getting the game files could be clearer if someone would specifiy which platform release files should be used.

Anyway, it wasn't hard to get it working.

The first huge downside is that you can't specify a resolution??? Whatever you set in the config file or with -r param you always get the screen resolution?

Second downside: configuration doesn't fit the screen. Some configurations simply are unclosable then. Ingame when you have the toolbar, so you can swap the config and close the one you are able to. Well, let's ignore that saying that if you really want to, you will be able to configure ttd.

World generation: no problem.
Transparency: I don't see any effects whatever I choose there...

Next downside... I have a qwerty keyboard and I can't use it WTF? That was the first thought after trying to name a vehicle. Under curent controls, the naming is REALLY painful (highly recommended not to try).

Without a touchscreen or a mouse connected to the phone, playing the game is really making it time consuming. I mean the AI speed and thus unfair play. I also know it never was possible to build/set orders during pause, but still a pause hotkey would be really really good (maybe I missed it, will check the port's manual).
Luckily, buying vehicles on pause is still here!

Yet another downside it is actually impossible to affect local authority. The screen height is too small...

Next, news reporting system doesn't fit at all. If you select full, it takes up to 4/5 of the screen. And if economy is fluctuating, you will get several of these at once. If you select summary, it is really hard to see what's up in that tiny block between date and cash.

On the other hand, this is a fully-functional edition of ttd (save game compatibility) and most of the downsides aren't hard to adapt for phonescreens.

Some notes:
Skewing toolbar icons would help with the screensize A LOT.
All menus should be adopted with reorganization and/or scrollbars.
Resolution should be the actual resolution, not a fixed one.
Hotkeying everything would be great and this way the ability to build during pause.
Phones have two soft keys. Currently you can either build or move screen (unless you use the left-right (but not up-down?) auto-scrolling). Maybe qwerty phones should have some additional map moving controls mapped?
News reporting system should be changed: summary should have it's own line OR a lot wider block between date and cash. No ideas about the full mode.

Finally, I wish to conclude that the feeling was that I am playing the same old computer game (enhanced, of course!) on my phone! Great.
Oleg
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Oleg »

wolf,
Thank you very much for the port. Tried on 6120 Classic and it worked, which is just brilliant! I only miss the 'delete' key shortcut, as it would be a cure for all those bigger-than-screen messages (and the toolbars which seem to clutter the screen very soon), as well as the ability to scroll the screen to be able to use large ingame windows. However it's not that important, and I'm going to use this port very often :lol:

P.S. tried to press the "full screen" button in the main menu settings, and the screen suddenly became centered on the screen (viewing the middle part of the window). Seems to be a bug, but if you can really view a different part of the screen, then why not make use of it?
TtdRussia.net - The Russian TTD, OpenTTD, and Locomotion Community
wolf
Engineer
Engineer

Post by wolf »

Savormix wrote:sdl = conflicts with c2doom, I guess only the newest c2doom will not conflict with the newest sdl?
Last time I checked, c2doom had sdl sisx embedded inside its own sisx. This can create some problems, as uninstalling c2doom will also uninstall sdl. Generally speaking, upgrading sdl shouldn't mess anything up. But no promises.
Getting the game files could be clearer if someone would specifiy which platform release files should be used.
You should use the data from your TTD CD. Downloading game files from the net is illegal :P
The first huge downside is that you can't specify a resolution??? Whatever you set in the config file or with -r param you always get the screen resolution?
No, the "virtual screen" is not implemented and will not be implemented by me.
Second downside: configuration doesn't fit the screen. Some configurations simply are unclosable then.
That's why you can move the mouse cursor off-screen.
Transparency: I don't see any effects whatever I choose there...
It certainly works for me. You may be clicking on the green boxes in the transparency options (RMB for help). You need to click on the images.
Next downside... I have a qwerty keyboard and I can't use it WTF?
I don't have such phone and I don't think that lack of this feature is game breaking.
I mean the AI speed and thus unfair play.
Just disable the AI, it was never any good.

The rest of issues is general small devices related.
Oleg wrote:I only miss the 'delete' key shortcut, as it would be a cure for all those bigger-than-screen messages
Try the C (delete) key.
P.S. tried to press the "full screen" button in the main menu settings, and the screen suddenly became centered on the screen (viewing the middle part of the window). Seems to be a bug, but if you can really view a different part of the screen, then why not make use of it?
Not really. That's just some glitch with window positioning on screen resize.
csuke
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by csuke »

all i can say is...

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

got it just about working on my N95! :D

gave me a bit of a shock when the sound effects came on in my office, was supposed to be working, was only testing it.... honest lol
Oleg
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Oleg »

wolf wrote:
Oleg wrote:I only miss the 'delete' key shortcut, as it would be a cure for all those bigger-than-screen messages
Try the C (delete) key.
the C key works like Space in desktop TTD, e.g. removes messages, but not toolbars. The convenience of 'Backspace' is to remove the last open toolbar or window. That's not so important, though.
I have tested the game a bit further, hope my feedback would be helpful.
1. The sound is always on, even when the phone is set in no sound mode. That's important, people stare when you try to build some rails or when a steam engine emerges from a tunnel :)
2. Left soft key if pressed a bit longer then needed produces an effort to voice read e-mail. Sometimes the game would freeze as a result. If that could be turned off inside the game, it would be wonderful.
3. The camera zoom is inverted:+ zooms out, - zooms in. Again, not so important.
TtdRussia.net - The Russian TTD, OpenTTD, and Locomotion Community
wolf
Engineer
Engineer

Post by wolf »

Oleg wrote:the C key works like Space in desktop TTD, e.g. removes messages, but not toolbars. The convenience of 'Backspace' is to remove the last open toolbar or window.
I have changed the key mapping to backspace, as you suggested.
1. The sound is always on, even when the phone is set in no sound mode. That's important, people stare when you try to build some rails or when a steam engine emerges from a tunnel :)
This is rather complicated, but I'll see what can be done. For the time beign you can pass "-s null" at the startup prompt to disable sound.
2. Left soft key if pressed a bit longer then needed produces an effort to voice read e-mail. Sometimes the game would freeze as a result. If that could be turned off inside the game, it would be wonderful.
Not repro on the phones I used, but I'll investigate.
3. The camera zoom is inverted:+ zooms out, - zooms in. Again, not so important.
Instead of looking at the buttons functions (not even labelled on N73), I opted to use mental mapping. When you are zooming out, you are going up in the relation to the world. So it's logical to press the button that's on top. And when you're zooming in, you are going down towards the ground, so the logical button is the lower one.
Andreastar
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Andreastar »

I cant get it work on Nokia 5700.
When i start it its ask Enter parameters, i write parameters and click OK then its return to back to menu.

Not work on 240x320 or 320x240 resolution.

All files is installed

Edit: I get it work, but doesnt fit to screen.
(Sorry for bad English)
wolf
Engineer
Engineer

Post by wolf »

Small sneak peak of upcoming features: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjeSjvpy0Ro.
Vampyr
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Vampyr »

Hi,
how to scrolling map on inside display Nokia E90?
wolf
Engineer
Engineer

Post by wolf »

By using the same keys as in standard phone configuration. QWERTY keyboards are not taken into account right now, I may add some additional bindings in the future however.

Return to “OpenTTD Development”