"new ship" GRFs - max 11 new ones?

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

zypa
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

"new ship" GRFs - max 11 new ones?

Post by zypa »

I read (on michael Blunck's site, see URL below) that newship GRFs for TTFpatch can add max 11 new ships to the game.
Does openttd have the same hardcoded limit?

If so - will it ever/in the near future be removed?

URL: http://www.ewetel.net/~michael.blunck/t ... eadme.html
leno4
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: "new ship" GRFs - max 11 new ones?

Post by leno4 »

I am using New Ships, and how do you mean this?

Only 11 ships allowed to be built? Or only 11 ships avalible?

EDIT: Just checked, only 11 ships are avalible.
MagicBuzz
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MagicBuzz »

Only 11 ships available, and it's an hardcoded limitation in the GRF file format (inherited from the original TTD in order to keep backward compatibilité with TTD and TTDP GRFs)

BUT

A new patch is currently worked on in order to allow multiple active replacement GRFs at once.
By this way, you can combine several GRFs in order to get up to 8192 new ships ;)

The patch is still on work, and present some (mostly minor) incompatibilities with some GRFs.
http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=35897
Bilbo
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bilbo »

MagicBuzz wrote:The patch is still on work, and present some (mostly minor) incompatibilities with some GRFs.
http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=35897
Nope, that patch is not on work, but halted, once I saw enginepool patch that is already developed and does the same but better. The patch that is on work is on http://fuzzle.org/o/ - the enginepool patch. I am not sure what the limit is, but I think even higher than 8192 per vehicle type.
If you need something, do it yourself or it will be never done.

My patches: Extra large maps (1048576 high, 1048576 wide) (FS#1059), Vehicle + Town + Industry console commands (FS#1060), few minor patches (FS#2820, FS#1521, FS#2837, FS#2843), AI debugging facility

Other: Very large ships NewGRF, Bilbo's multiplayer patch pack v5 (for OpenTTD 0.7.3)
MagicBuzz
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MagicBuzz »

oops, sorry, you're right, i had the enginepool patch in mind.

ridium, could you please create a topic for your patch, like anyone working on patches here ? :o

each time i want to mention your patch, i find bilbo's patch, noone actually knows what exactely do your patch, and well... we don't know where to report bugs/comments ;)
zypa
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by zypa »

MagicBuzz wrote:Only 11 ships available, and it's an hardcoded limitation in the GRF file format (inherited from the original TTD in order to keep backward compatibilité with TTD and TTDP GRFs)
<snip>
Thank you!
This enginepool patch seems to be really cool!
Ammler
President
President

Post by Ammler »

MagicBuzz wrote: ridium, could you please create a topic for your patch, like anyone working on patches here ? :o
Who is ridium?

The patch you are speaking about is from peter1138 and he is already "kinda ottd developer" ;-)

So, I guess, you just need to wait for 0.6 final and then you will see that patch in trunk. :-)

Greets
Ammler
Bilbo
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bilbo »

Ammler wrote: Who is ridium?
Perhaps mispelled Rubidium? But that patch is from peter1138. I think the trunk is in feature freeze now, so once 0.6.0 gets out (or at least gets forked), I think that it will hit the trunk. I hope that other patches too (like my large map patch :)
If you need something, do it yourself or it will be never done.

My patches: Extra large maps (1048576 high, 1048576 wide) (FS#1059), Vehicle + Town + Industry console commands (FS#1060), few minor patches (FS#2820, FS#1521, FS#2837, FS#2843), AI debugging facility

Other: Very large ships NewGRF, Bilbo's multiplayer patch pack v5 (for OpenTTD 0.7.3)
MagicBuzz
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MagicBuzz »

Bilbo wrote:
Ammler wrote: Who is ridium?
Perhaps mispelled Rubidium? But that patch is from peter1138. I think the trunk is in feature freeze now, so once 0.6.0 gets out (or at least gets forked), I think that it will hit the trunk. I hope that other patches too (like my large map patch :)
ho ok...
i meant ribidium...
and i was wrong :D

then... peter, come here and create a topic for your patch then :wink:
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

MagicBuzz wrote:i meant ribidium.
So obviously you didn't misspell "Rubidium", but that still leaves us wondering: Who is this "ribidium"?
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser

Return to “OpenTTD Development”