Custom Bridgeheads

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Aegir
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Aegir »

Dont forget that L/C/S shaped bridges idea peter1138 ;).
Currently working under the name 'reldred' on Github, and Discord.
NFO/NML coder, part-time patch writer for JGRPP, and all round belligerent.

14:40 <orudge> I can't say I discriminate against any particular user
14:41 <Aegir> orudge: I can!
toholio
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by toholio »

Aegir wrote:Dont forget that L/C/S shaped bridges idea peter1138 ;).
Post some screenshots so that other people can get excited and bug peter1138 too. :wink:
Get Skype and call me for free.
WLT
Engineer
Engineer

Post by WLT »

Will this also be usable with the "bridge over diagonal track" i've seen in a different post

Peter1138 track pic
WX6
Engineer
Engineer

Post by WX6 »

Sorry for posting this, but how do you put a .diff file into openttd? Couldn't find it anywhere.
}T{Reme [Q_G]
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by }T{Reme [Q_G] »

Well you download the source for the version described in the diff file, you apply it by using a program called diff. Recompile, and then you have your patch merged. (general walkthru, havent done this personally)
Siggy not gonna work unless someone allows javascripting...
jvassie
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by jvassie »

Even though im OpenTTD all the way, i can forsee an oncoming flood of people over here as all these features get added to the trunk:

Such as; diagonal track under bridges, one way roads etc

James
(British) Modular Stations Set - Thread: | Website:
Swiss Set - Thread: | Website:
Route Map Creator
My Screenshot Thread
Conditional Zenith
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Conditional Zenith »

}T{Reme [Q_G] wrote:Well you download the source for the version described in the diff file, you apply it by using a program called diff. Recompile, and then you have your patch merged. (general walkthru, havent done this personally)
The program is not called diff :) . You use patch in linux, and I think TortoiseSVN has something to do it for doze.

WX6, read http://wiki.openttd.org/index.php/FAQ_development
magnato
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by magnato »

this is just sooo beautiful! :D When we start to build like this, the whole set up looks so neat!
Magnato, Oslo
}T{Reme [Q_G]
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by }T{Reme [Q_G] »

Conditional Zenith wrote:
}T{Reme [Q_G] wrote:Well you download the source for the version described in the diff file, you apply it by using a program called diff. Recompile, and then you have your patch merged. (general walkthru, havent done this personally)
The program is not called diff :) . You use patch in linux, and I think TortoiseSVN has something to do it for doze.

lol.. I know the windows version is called diff tho :)
Siggy not gonna work unless someone allows javascripting...
Sacro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Sacro »

}T{Reme [Q_G] wrote:
Conditional Zenith wrote:

lol.. I know the windows version is called diff tho :)
under linux you use diff to create them (or svn diff) and then patch to apply them
We Am De Best

Host of ThroughTheTube site
peter1138
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by peter1138 »

Here is the current version of custom bridge heads. It is Officially Bugfree™
Attachments
custombridgeheads17.diff
(21.87 KiB) Downloaded 435 times
He's like, some kind of OpenTTD developer.
bobingabout
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by bobingabout »

i like the looks of this, i can't wait to play it in the SVN.
JPG SUX!!! USE PNG!!!
There are times when JPG is useful, TTD screenshots is not one of them. Please use PNG instead.

[/url]
webfreakz.nl
Director
Director
Location: Localhost, 127.0.0.1, [The Netherlands: South Holland-> Westland]

Post by webfreakz.nl »

peter1138 wrote:Here is the current version of custom bridge heads. It is Officially Bugfree™
when will it be in the SVN/nightly source? :)
# Programming is like sex, one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life. (Michael Sinz)
SirkoZ
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SirkoZ »

It just might make into the Integrated nightly build faster. :)
cabbit
Engineer
Engineer

Post by cabbit »

Semi-Off-topic-Question:

Some time in July Peter1138 posted some stuff about working on a bridge over diagonals patch... I don't think this patch ever got finished because I can't imagine that something like this wouldn't turn up right away when I search the forums... and I haven't been able to find it.

So... I would like to know if Peter1138 is still working on this patch... or if it turned out not to be do-able. Bridging over diagonals happens to be number one on my "I wish I could do that list"... even though 99% of the time you COULD just use a tunnel... I have an irrational preference for bridges as opposed to tunnels.

Anyway... THIS particular patch is pretty darn neat itself... but in order to apply it I'll have to figure out how apply patches... at least there are partial explanations posted now. (I'll whine about how I don't understand them in more appropriate threads)
toholio
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by toholio »

cabbit wrote:Some time in July Peter1138 posted some stuff about working on a bridge over diagonals patch... I don't think this patch ever got finished because I can't imagine that something like this wouldn't turn up right away when I search the forums... and I haven't been able to find it.
The patch was almost but not quite finished (depending on how you define "finished"). If you want you can grab the diff from petter1138's website. It probably wont work with recent SVN revisions.
cabbit wrote:So... I would like to know if Peter1138 is still working on this patch... or if it turned out not to be do-able.
I think the verdict was that it is doable but would require some serious modifications to the game that would just be removed again when the new map array is implemented. I don't know if peter1138 is still working on this patch.
Get Skype and call me for free.
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

Sacro wrote:under linux you use diff to create them (or svn diff) and then patch to apply them
One diff to create them all and in the darkness merge them :P
fabca2
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by fabca2 »

toholio wrote: .... that would just be removed again when the new map array is implemented....
it look to makes years I heard about this famous "new map array" ?
many good thing have been postponed because of that.

what is the status of this "new map array" ? is it near from end ? how to track it ? is anybody know ?

back to the topic ? what about custom bridge heads in SVN/trunk ???
thank you.
lucaspiller
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lucaspiller »

Well it is closer to the end than it has ever been, but so far it has really yet to be started. It was attempted before, but the changes made meant that it was impossible to merge it back to the main branch, so it was dropped.

This time around things are being done differently. Firstly everything will be done in the main branch (or if it is in a seperate branch the changes will be merged back often). Also so that not too much has to be changed a lot of helper functions are being put in so that the current array is only accessed in a few changes which will make it a lot easier to replace.

Currently we are at the stage of implementing the helper functions and replacing code, which is near enough finished. Whenever autoreplace has had all the bugs squished there is due to be a (long awaited) replace, after which time the work on the new map array will probably start. During this time if there is no seperate branch it is quite likely that things will break more often, so I dunno whether nightlies are going to downgraded to weeklies, or turned off altogether. There again the devs may just be given a fresh supply of Jolt! Cola so that they don't need to sleep.

If anyone feels like helping out then drop in sometime in the evening (Europe time).
No longer active here, but you can still reach me via email: luca[at]stackednotion[dot]com
bobingabout
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by bobingabout »

sounds like you are making progress, thats good :lol:
JPG SUX!!! USE PNG!!!
There are times when JPG is useful, TTD screenshots is not one of them. Please use PNG instead.

[/url]

Return to “OpenTTD Development”