More diesel_smoke patch

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: More diesel_smoke patch

Post by ChillCore »

Thank you for the update SirkoZ.

Maybe you want to use STD_CONDVAR as STD_VAR breaks loading vanilla savegames.

Still compiling my adjusted source, if I see more problems I will report later.
-- .- -.-- / - .... . / ..-. --- .-. -.-. . / -... . / .-- .. - .... / -.-- --- ..- .-.-.-
--- .... / -.-- . .- .... --..-- / .- -. -.. / .--. .-. .- .. ... . / - .... . / .-.. --- .-. -.. / ..-. --- .-. / .... . / --. .- ...- . / ..- ... / -.-. .... --- --- -.-. .... --- --- ... .-.-.- / ---... .--.

Playing with my patchpack? Ask questions on usage and report bugs in the correct thread first, please.
All included patches have been modified and are no longer 100% original.
SirkoZ
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SirkoZ »

ChillCore wrote:Thank you for the update SirkoZ.

Maybe you want to use STD_CONDVAR as STD_VAR breaks loading vanilla savegames.

Still compiling my adjusted source, if I see more problems I will report later.
Thank you for that tip. I wasn't really sure which one to use... I'll replace it.

...but before I do it - is the SDT_CONDVAR really the best choice? I mean I don't care which one I put in there - as long as it is the most compatible - the settings don't even need to be saved in the save-game; it's just that after reading the comments yesterday and today in table/settings.h and then looking at macros - I see that CONDVAR uses save-game version info also so that's why I didn't use it...
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

yes, SDT_CONDVAR is really the best choice. you simply increase SAVEGAME_VERSION by 1, and put that new number in the CONDVAR line as "from" value. If SAVEGAME_VERSION later is increased, you repeat that procedure (old patched savegames will become unreadable)

there's a slightly more complicated method to keep older savegames readable over one trunk version bump, it's basically that you increase SAVEGAME_VERSION by 2, and use one number lower as "from" value.
SirkoZ
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SirkoZ »

Thank you for the clarifications.

Here is the patch with CONDVAR...
Attachments
diesel_smoke_sz_3-2b_r20362_trunk.patch
diff
(7.83 KiB) Downloaded 273 times
ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ChillCore »

Thank you for the update SirkoZ.
However I have some bad news and some good news.

The bad news is that I will not be updating your patch in my patchpack. In fact I will remove it.

The good news is that your patch has made trunk in r20376. :)
Congratulations and thank you Yexo.
-- .- -.-- / - .... . / ..-. --- .-. -.-. . / -... . / .-- .. - .... / -.-- --- ..- .-.-.-
--- .... / -.-- . .- .... --..-- / .- -. -.. / .--. .-. .- .. ... . / - .... . / .-.. --- .-. -.. / ..-. --- .-. / .... . / --. .- ...- . / ..- ... / -.-. .... --- --- -.-. .... --- --- ... .-.-.- / ---... .--.

Playing with my patchpack? Ask questions on usage and report bugs in the correct thread first, please.
All included patches have been modified and are no longer 100% original.
Yexo
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Yexo »

ChillCore wrote:Congratulations and thank you Yexo.
Thanks should go to Rubidium, I just comitted it after he prepared it because it bumped the savegame version and I had some patches that also needed that savegame bump.
SirkoZ
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SirkoZ »

Oh my - this is so beautiful. Thank you to Rubidium and to Yexo and not to forget - I'm excited - thank you all, who helped - Chillcore, Eddi, all the Integrated build authors through the years.

All I can say is: :mrgreen:
Attachments
smokin.gif
smokin.gif (493 Bytes) Viewed 6361 times
ostlandr
Chairman
Chairman

Post by ostlandr »

Awesome! I love it! Loaded my nightly savegame, set smoke to "realistic' and WOW! Trains really smoke more when accelerating. Thanks for all the hard work to get this very cool patch into the game.
Who is John Galt?
JacobD88
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by JacobD88 »

I would like to add to the thanks for adding this to trunk, as you can see from my posts earlier in the thread I've wanted this patch in OTTD since i moved from TTDP years ago :mrgreen:

Massive thanks to SirkoZ, Yexo, Rubidium and the rest of the peeps who've worked on this :bow:

Return to “OpenTTD Development”