Improved smooth_economy patch

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Ar4i
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Ar4i »

Very nice patch it actually adds something that should have been in the game from the very beggining. It would be good to see it in the trunk and later on in the official releases.
SirkoZ
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SirkoZ »

Ar4i wrote:Very nice patch it actually adds something that should have been in the game from the very beggining. It would be good to see it in the trunk and later on in the official releases.
Thank you, I appreciate it. ;)
Yes, unfortunately the developers don't see it the way you and I do, however it has been for quite some time (I think from the very beginning)now included in the Integrated_ and now mini_Integrated_nightly build of the OpenTTD. The 2.7 will be included in the mini_IN over the weekend, if richk67 has time. :)
klogg
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by klogg »

At what percentage value of transported stuff
does the production decrease or inrease?
(If there is a certain barrier at all)

klogg
richk67
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by richk67 »

The new Sirkoz patches will make it Sunday, and then be available through the Mon 2am build.
OTTD NewGRF_ports. Add an airport design via newgrf.Superceded by Yexo's NewGrf Airports 2
Want to organise your trains? Try Routemarkers.
--- ==== --- === --- === ---
Firework Photography
SirkoZ
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SirkoZ »

klogg wrote:At what percentage value of transported stuff
does the production decrease or inrease?
(If there is a certain barrier at all)

klogg
60% is kind of a "barrier". If more than 60% is transported, there's up to 3% for production to go up - bigger productions, smaller increases - max. around 25% (although with 2.7 - increments of increase also depend on percent_transported) and 1% to go down.
If less than 60% is transported, up to 3% chance for it to decrease (1% to increase), of course - bigger productions, larger decreases (max. 25%).

Every production can increase, even if it's below those magical [sic] 32/40 tonnes, that with current smooth_economy stays 32/40 forever.

I hope that clears it out for ya. ;)
SirkoZ
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SirkoZ »

richk67 wrote:The new Sirkoz patches will make it Sunday, and then be available through the Mon 2am build.
Many thanks, richk67. I greatly appreciate it. ;)
klogg
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by klogg »

SirkoZ wrote: 60% is kind of a "barrier". If more than 60% is transported, there's up to 3% for production to go up - bigger productions, smaller increases - max. around 25% (although with 2.7 - increments of increase also depend on percent_transported) and 1% to go down.
If less than 60% is transported, up to 3% chance for it to decrease (1% to increase), of course - bigger productions, larger decreases (max. 25%).

Every production can increase, even if it's below those magical [sic] 32/40 tonnes, that with current smooth_economy stays 32/40 forever.

I hope that clears it out for ya. ;)
Yep. Definitively.
That was a very precise response. Thank you very much.

klogg
klogg
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by klogg »

Do the posts above mean that your patch is included
in these versions: http://nightly.openttd.org/ ?

klogg
SirkoZ
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SirkoZ »

I wish. :)

No no... for whatever reason - well this 0.4.8 and 0.4.6 (and who knows how many others :roll: ) were only meant as bugfix releases, so no player-made patches, only developer-made ones. :x
At any rate - it will be (as it is now - version 2.6) included in the Mini_INtegrated_nightly, which richk67 kindly maintains.
klogg
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by klogg »

I understand that the MiniIN is the version with the most patches I can get.
(If I don't compile the game myself)

I use the MiniIN to test all the nice features. It's great.
But on the other hand I like to play with newgrfs and
(AFAIK) this is only possible with the nightlys.
(I use the same version as Brianettas server)

So next time I play MiniIN I will have a look at the behaviour of the economy. :)
I like your work and I think it's essential for a good gameplay. So keep it up.

klogg
mart3p
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by mart3p »

klogg wrote:But on the other hand I like to play with newgrfs and (AFAIK) this is only possible with the nightlys.
klogg: The MiniIN has better support for NewGRFs than the nightlies. Richk67 regularly syncs the MiniIN with the truck code, which means the MiniIN has all the latest features of the nightlies. In addition the MiniIN has my NewGRF Livery Selection/Cargo Subtypes patch which implements GRF callback 19. This allows selection of alternative vehicle liveries which is used by many NewGRFs.
SirkoZ
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SirkoZ »

See, I didn't know that, mart3p. :oops:

Great job! Go MiniIN team! :D ;)
richk67
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by richk67 »

SirkoZ wrote:Great job! Go MiniIN team! :D ;)
The MiniIN team thanks you... ;)

Actually, it has to be said, that after my own patches, your patches were the first ones on the list to be added. Mainly from 2 things; they are reliable; and you update and maintain them well. Appreciated. :)
OTTD NewGRF_ports. Add an airport design via newgrf.Superceded by Yexo's NewGrf Airports 2
Firework Photography
SirkoZ
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SirkoZ »

I sincerely can't thank you enough, richk67. :D
richk67
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by richk67 »

Hmm... bit confused. Are there any updates to the Realistic Acceleration or Smoke patches (post 5147miniIN)?
Firework Photography
SirkoZ
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SirkoZ »

No...

No updates are needed for those 2 patches right now. I'm quite content with their function. :)
SirkoZ
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SirkoZ »

Tis' the season, so after some 2000 revisions - here it is - my patch again synchronised with the nightly/source - revision 7490 (EDIT: the Mini_IN update is also provided because the temperate_bank did not change production and also one field thingie fixed). :mrgreen:
Attachments
smooth_economy_sz_v2-7_r7490_NS.patch
diff
(6.12 KiB) Downloaded 273 times
smooth_economy_sz_v2-7_r7550_mini-IN.patch
diff
(1.56 KiB) Downloaded 264 times
MagicBuzz
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MagicBuzz »

I just think about something.

This patch is great, but there is a small problem : when playing huge maps and economic messages turned on, we just get hundred messages every month, so it's really anoying.

I don't know how really works this news message, but is there a way to do this test :
If production change and player is not rated for the industry's city, then just don't show the message.

Return to “OpenTTD Development”