Can someone please compile for me

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

ThorRune
Tycoon
Tycoon

Can someone please compile for me

Post by ThorRune »

I need someone to compile 0.3.5 with DEDICATED=1 for Linux. Make is broken on my website, so i can't do it myselfe. It's for my dedicated.
Alcohol is not the answer, it just makes you forget the question.
GoneWacko
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GoneWacko »

I'd do it if I hadn't only just booted to windows <_>
GoneWacko. Making [url=irc://irc.oftc.net/tycoon]#tycoon[/url] sexy and exciting since 1784.
ThorRune
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ThorRune »

Oh come on, there's boundles of linux-people on the forum, *someone*'s got to be able to compile?
Observer
Logo Creator

Post by Observer »

I did compile it for ThorRune... but somehow it did not work for him.

I compiled with dedicated=1 and release=0.3.5 ... but I set some flags in my make config about my machine being AMD Athlon.

I think thorrune had some problems with SDL ..... while this should not be needed for starting with -D right?

well anyway.. I hope someone else can do the job .. the more servers online, the better :mrgreen:
Never fear, I is here...
ThorRune
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ThorRune »

I have no SDL. But it still wants it.
lucaspiller
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lucaspiller »

I will do it for you if you want, I guess you are running x86 but what processor have you got?

I will have a go in a minute to see if I can get something that should work for you, but I can't guarantee anything...

----

Ok give this a go, just extract it, make openttd executable and run it with the -D option:

Code: Select all

tar -xvjf openttd.tar.bz2
chmod +x ./openttd
./openttd -D
I dunno whether it will work or not though....
Attachments
openttd.tar.bz2
(558.86 KiB) Downloaded 225 times
No longer active here, but you can still reach me via email: luca[at]stackednotion[dot]com
ThorRune
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ThorRune »

Thanks but it didn't work
Attachments
error.PNG
error.PNG (3.19 KiB) Viewed 3316 times
lucaspiller
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lucaspiller »

Well I am afraid you are stuffed unless you want to install SDL. I have tried building it explicitely without SDL (the Makefile.config gets updated and passing the option to make it is just ignored) - seems like another bug report is neeed. :P

I think something may be broken on my system because even when building with DEDICATED set to 1 (as a make argument or in the Makefile.config), I still have to pass -D to the game to run it as a dedicated server. :roll:

EDIT: Nevermind, I was forgetting to pass MANUAL_CONFIG=1 so it was still looking in the Makefile.config. I am just packaging you up a version that should work fine.

EDIT #2: Here you are, enjoy. :D
Attachments
openttd.tar.bz2
(576.29 KiB) Downloaded 204 times
No longer active here, but you can still reach me via email: luca[at]stackednotion[dot]com
Bjarni
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bjarni »

I made a commit yesterday what should make binaries compiled with DEDICATED to never to link to SDL, nomatter what options you use in makefile.config or arguments when running make. This is because some people kept forgetting about makefile.config or whatever. At least they kept getting problems, but I'm pretty sure I fixed this for good 8)
stewis
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by stewis »

you know you are using jailshell right?

i think it disables certain commands that arnt on the white list (i think from memory) you need to login to your server using a account that isnt setup to use a restricted shell.

Return to “OpenTTD Development”