Station Add Ons

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

DeletedUser21
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DeletedUser21 »

ok thnx,

i asked that because of the errors I got about wrong files and such.
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

stumo, any progress?
Stumo
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Stumo »

Have been doing other stuff recently. Current plans are
- Allow it to be part of the catchment area for what goods a station can recieve
- Fix any bugs I know of
- Tidy up and generalise the code so can do other similar stuff (e.g. post office accepts mail from a longer distance)
- Incorperate the new graphics

but I might not release anything new until the new year, sorry
Sionide
Director
Director

Post by Sionide »

i can't get it working, be cool if it's added to main stream code though? *nudges Darkvater and the others*
...Synthetic Intelligent Organism Normally for Infiltration and Dangerous Exploration...
...sionide.net...
Stumo
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Stumo »

Sionide - what have you been trying?

As I said above there's no chance of it being added to the main stream until it's bug free at least. I'm chatting with the devs on IRC, I promise that once I think it's ready for the main branch I'll ask them to put it in, but before then it really shouldn't.
Sionide
Director
Director

Post by Sionide »

cool

i tried putting all the files in the right places and i just get an error when i run openttd.. no worries though - i'll wait on it being added to the main svn :)
...Synthetic Intelligent Organism Normally for Infiltration and Dangerous Exploration...
...sionide.net...
Stumo
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Stumo »

Did you rememper to delete opntitle.dat from the data subdirectory?
Stumo
Engineer
Engineer

Latest Version

Post by Stumo »

Here's the latest version.

I've moved the station addons into a seperate toolbar, with a new icon showing a postbox and a cup of tea, as I plan to implement a Post Office and a Station Restaurant as other station addons. If anyone can supply better icons I'd appreciate it!

Note the text for this toolbar is currently too short, but it'll be fine when there are a few more buttons on that toolbar.

I've fixed the ghost stations bug. At the moment I don't know of any other bugs.

I'm afraid I haven't got round to putting the new graphics in yet. I'm not 100% happy with Born Acorns suggestion - it's better than what I've got, but I think it still needs some improvement. Maybe a black/player coloured taxi parked in there? (If someone's designing this, please do the taxi seperately from the base)

The code's changed quite a lot - made more general to allow for other addons easily, and for the taxi rank distance to be dynamic.

In particular there's now a generic "TileMask" which can store arbitrary subsections of tiles. If one of the devs want to take Tilemask.c and Tilemask.h and put them into svn other people can use them for any other projects they're doing (e.g. use them to define an arbitrary hightlight).

Diff is against 1367

I'm prob not going to do much with this for the next couple of weeks-it should be stable to play with, and saveing/loading works (I think), so if anyone fancies trying it in a proper game, feedback would be appreciated. Keep an eye out for memory leaks - I'm pretty sure I've coded well, but the code I've added is more likely to introduce memory leaks than your average code.
Attachments
taxi_v4.zip
Version 4 of the patch
(449.27 KiB) Downloaded 151 times
MeusH
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MeusH »

Is it possible to code this mod to OpenTTD after bigmaps project is finished?
Stumo
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Stumo »

Hopefully before, but it won't happen until (a) we've got some better graphics, (b) we've got some extra addons (c) I've had a chance to test a network game

I had one extra idea for an addon - a 2x2 carpark, can only be added to stations/airports, increases radius by 2 in all directions.
MeusH
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MeusH »

I like this idea! Of course, car park should cost a lot of money :twisted:
kamnet

Re: Station Add Ons

Post by kamnet »

Yes, I have unearthed a corpsed. I am necromancering it. MUAHAHAHA.

Seriously, could a mod move this over to the Graphics Development or OpenTTD development forum? I would like to see if somebody would like to resurrect this patch properly.
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

This is nothing beyond a suggestion for now I suppose. If someone would want to pick this up, I'd be happy to move this to the OpenTTD Development Forum :)
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Chrill wrote:This is nothing beyond a suggestion for now I suppose.
Other than the four patches that were already published, that is?
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Right. I should read first, comment later. Is that it? :P
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)

Return to “OpenTTD Development”