JGR's Patch Pack

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: JGR's Patch Pack

Post by Wahazar »

Trough load order is nice feature.
On my server it allows to have 20 tile freight trains while station size is limited to 10 (to prevent spread cheats or passengers longer than RZD :)
But there is more: trough load order is aborted if there is insufficient track.
Such feature allow to unload train partially! So it is now possible to send supplies to many mines with one train in one run.
Or opposite case: load partially (no idea if it is useful, though).
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

McZapkie wrote: 03 May 2021 23:19 Trough load order is nice feature.
On my server it allows to have 20 tile freight trains while station size is limited to 10 (to prevent spread cheats or passengers longer than RZD :)
But there is more: trough load order is aborted if there is insufficient track.
Such feature allow to unload train partially! So it is now possible to send supplies to many mines with one train in one run.
Or opposite case: load partially (no idea if it is useful, though).
As a suggestion, using cargodist in the asymmetric (equal distribution) mode is a much easier way of distributing engineering supplies.
Indeed this feature was added specifically for supply cargoes.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

There are several issues with freight cargodist, for example viewtopic.php?f=31&t=88492
(additionally infrastructure sharing is adding more complexity), thus aborted through unload is more reliable.
I though this was just eyecandy feature, but it is really useful :)
However it is problematic to make terminal stations visited one by one.
Some advanced loading/unoading option would be welcome anyway (for example load/unload half of maximum load).
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

McZapkie wrote: 04 May 2021 18:27 There are several issues with freight cargodist, for example viewtopic.php?f=31&t=88492
(additionally infrastructure sharing is adding more complexity), thus aborted through unload is more reliable.
I though this was just eyecandy feature, but it is really useful :)
However it is problematic to make terminal stations visited one by one.
Some advanced loading/unoading option would be welcome anyway (for example load/unload half of maximum load).
I generally only use autorefit in rare circumstances.
You can refine which cargoes have links generated by use of per-cargo load type flags (i.e. use no loading/no unloading for all cargoes which are not of interest), but in general it's better to just specify which cargo to refit to.

I will take another look at the possibility of some order option for this. The main issue is order window complexity (and also interactions with cargodist).
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
gebik
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by gebik »

JGR wrote:
Hi, could You, please, take a look at this post viewtopic.php?p=1244750#p1244750, if there is something in JGRpp, what could break XIS Liquid Terminal placement in subtropical? It is mysterious, and it might be problem of GRF, but also of JGRpp, if there is something related to placement of industries modified in JGRpp.

Thanks!
Are you an eye candy player? Check out Invisible engine set! viewtopic.php?f=67&t=88934
You can write to me in English, or Czech. Můžete mi psát česky nebo anglicky.

Formerly known as MLG.
piratescooby
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by piratescooby »

Have you tried the following ? viewtopic.php?p=1216215#p1216215
gebik
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by gebik »

piratescooby wrote: 06 May 2021 08:08 Have you tried the following ? viewtopic.php?p=1216215#p1216215
Thanks to this I've managed to place it in scenario editor in three directions, 4th is still a huge unknown for me...
In-game it looks like it needs quite a lot of lakes to actually generate.
Are you an eye candy player? Check out Invisible engine set! viewtopic.php?f=67&t=88934

Formerly known as MLG.
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

Permanent speed penalty (until repaired) should apply to ships as well as for trains and road vehicles.
Currently, with improved breakdowns and breakdowns repair payment, it is favorable to build one dock far away to produce ships and send them to endless duty.
Even old obsolete ship can earn money easily, because temporarily breakdowns are rare and negligible for transport time,
while 'honest' player which is servicing ships, is penalized.
Maybe lower limit of speed penalty would be not less than quarter of the ship speed, but it should exists to make any impact on players income in case of lack of servicing.
Formerly known as: McZapkie
Projects: Reproducible Map Generation patch, NewGRFs: Manpower industries, PolTrams, Polroad, 600mm narrow gauge, wired, ECS industry extension, V4 CEE train set, HotHut.
Another favorite games: freeciv longturn, OHOL/2HOL.
Dasich84
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Dasich84 »

Hi,

i have not plaing a long time Open TTD i want to start agian. I have use bevore a finish version jokers 1.18. Now i have download your new finish OTTD 0.41.1. But on start i have many config issues therfore i have delete the config C:\Users\User\Documents\OpenTTD. But now OpenTTD starts only with the vanilla config menue. Can somebody help me?
TTD

Example in the Start Menu i see "OpenTDDjgrpp-0.41.1" but in the setting is cargodist missing and in game also cargodist isn't there. Also all other mods in this pack.

Thank you
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Dasich84 wrote: 10 May 2021 17:15 Example in the Start Menu i see "OpenTDDjgrpp-0.41.1" but in the setting is cargodist missing and in game also cargodist isn't there. Also all other mods in this pack.
Thank you
In the config menu, change the view from Beginner to Expert.
Denswillow
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Denswillow »

Game crashed two times with version 41.1 today.
Attachments
crash-20210512T100143Z.png
(1.01 MiB) Not downloaded yet
crash-20210512T100143Z.sav
(12.35 MiB) Downloaded 62 times
crash-20210512T191545Z.png
(197.8 KiB) Not downloaded yet
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

Denswillow wrote: 12 May 2021 19:24 Game crashed two times with version 41.1 today.
Thanks for reporting this, this looks to be an issue with autoreplace wagon removal, I will do some further investigation on this.

In the meantime, could you upload these GRFs which are referenced by the savegame: RattRoads All, U&RaTT, French Narrow Gauge Trains, French Rails Set.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
Denswillow
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Denswillow »

These should be the right ones:
Attachments
RattRoadsAll.grf
(1.44 MiB) Downloaded 62 times
fsetw_j (2).grf
(5.87 MiB) Downloaded 63 times
ng_frails (2).grf
(568.69 KiB) Downloaded 65 times
Last edited by Denswillow on 13 May 2021 20:14, edited 1 time in total.
gebik
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by gebik »

Hi, JGR,
I have spotted some glitch at TTRS3 Early mod World Trade Center building's upper tile in "hidden" mode, and don't know, if that is GRF or game problem. More info in screenshots. I will also backup save and config, so it is not overwritten if You want it.
Problem is, that random parts of cursors and nearby sprites are visible for example if you put there rails all direction tool and for some time after it. My game was paused.

Thanks.
Attachments
PaxNetAI, 31. led 2004.png
What?
(155.17 KiB) Not downloaded yet
PaxNetAI, 31. led 2004#1.png
Again?
(315.09 KiB) Not downloaded yet
PaxNetAI, 31. led 2004#2.png
Tile info. Aaand problem also visible.
(157.43 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Formerly known as MLG.
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

MLG wrote: 13 May 2021 10:46 Hi, JGR,
I have spotted some glitch at TTRS3 Early mod World Trade Center building's upper tile in "hidden" mode, and don't know, if that is GRF or game problem. More info in screenshots. I will also backup save and config, so it is not overwritten if You want it.
Problem is, that random parts of cursors and nearby sprites are visible for example if you put there rails all direction tool and for some time after it. My game was paused.

Thanks.
Probably the ground sprite supplied by the GRF is wrong/missing in some way. I can take a look later if you can post the save (and the GRF, if it's not easily available).
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
gebik
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by gebik »

Here it is:
dlouhodobá hra.sav
File name means "long-term game" in Czech.
(191.15 KiB) Downloaded 67 times
There are also other GRFs, all of them should be at BaNaNaS and a GS, which is also from there. There is no AI in it, PaxNetAI is just my company's name. For location of that building, please, look at tile info in my previous post here.
TTRS Early mod is at BaNaNaS, but I am attaching it also here, along with config file.
EDIT: It is at Multiplayer host. Building is located in city "Libouchec".
Attachments
openttd.cfg
Configuration used in it.
(39.6 KiB) Downloaded 61 times
474a0001-Total_Town_Replac._Set_Early_Mo-Modifi.tar
TTRS Early mod
(3.07 MiB) Downloaded 59 times

Formerly known as MLG.
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

MLG wrote: 13 May 2021 11:11 Here it is: dlouhodobá hra.sav
There are also other GRFs, all of them should be at BaNaNaS and a GS, which is also from there. There is no AI in it, PaxNetAI is just my company's name. For location of that building, please, look at tile info in my previous post here.
TTRS Early mod is at BaNaNaS, but I am attaching it also here, along with config file.
EDIT: It is at Multiplayer host. Building is located in city "Libouchec".
The position/offset of the ground sprite is wrong, it may be worth raising it with the GRF author.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
gebik
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by gebik »

JGR wrote: 13 May 2021 11:25 The position/offset of the ground sprite is wrong, it may be worth raising it with the GRF author.
Thanks, will do it!

Formerly known as MLG.
Denswillow
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Denswillow »

Denswillow wrote: 13 May 2021 09:45 These should be the right ones:
And this(couldn´t add more to the previous message)
Attachments
U_RaTT.grf
(1.11 MiB) Downloaded 60 times
fridaemon
Director
Director

Post by fridaemon »

Can be added an option which allows to build more than 2 airports in the city district? For example - I have big map with few cities. Sometimes planes transport random goods to different industries and with limit 2 airports per town it's impossible. I have to establish "dead" town, where I destroy all buildings and have 0 population.
In my options - Cities do not regulate the noise limit.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Beach Objects * Shopping Centres * Skyscrapers * Garage Entrances
Modular Warehouses * Trucks & Buses Parking Lots * Bus Depots * Bus Terminals
Road Waypoints * Road Stops * Eyecandy Objects * Building Set

Winner of the Screenshot of 09/20, 11/20, 02/21, 06/21, 07/21, 05/22 and 06/22.:twisted:

Return to “OpenTTD Development”