JGR's Patch Pack

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

SquireJames
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: JGR's Patch Pack

Post by SquireJames »

That would be handy :) Not sure if it's doable though
ecolortest
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ecolortest »

Help a another crash again when change the language to non-latin language
Attachments
crash.dmp
(85.69 KiB) Downloaded 37 times
crash.txt
(5.94 KiB) Downloaded 37 times
madrito
Engineer
Engineer

Post by madrito »

JGR's Patch Pack works .
only a programmable semaphore could be in better graphics -optional, e.g. 32bpp ready .
thanks
dasy2k1
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by dasy2k1 »

Trying to get my head round template replacement,

first thing i would love to see is replace only old vehicles option....

so if i have a group with trains of loco A and 6 carrage X most of which are getting old
Loco B and 8 carrage Y which are midlife
and Loco C and 10 carrage Z which are new.

I could then set the template to Loco C + 10 Z but only the Old trains with Loco A would get upgraded to start,
the loco B +8Y would only get upgraded when they got old

at the moment if i try this all my B+8y trains get upgraded when they are only a couple of years old
SkullKrixzz
Engineer
Engineer

Post by SkullKrixzz »

So i have recently moved to a new PC and now when i look at the stops along the routes i make for all my vehicles, where the white box is to contain the number of which that stop is in the orders list, it only shows 3 dots, i have my font size set to 15, but i have put it smaller to see if maybe that was the issue, and no, it just stays a 3 dots, which makes it quite annoying when adjusting a route.... does anyone know a possible fix for this?

(i dont use this site a whole lot but i attached an image to show what i mean, hope it worked)
this is probably something really simple im sure, but i cant figure it out...
Attachments
ttdhelp.png
(1.13 MiB) Not downloaded yet
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

madrito wrote:JGR's Patch Pack works .
only a programmable semaphore could be in better graphics -optional, e.g. 32bpp ready .
thanks
Someone else would have to draw them.
I for one don't use 32bpp, and am not an artist.
dasy2k1 wrote:Trying to get my head round template replacement,

so if i have a group with trains of loco A and 6 carrage X most of which are getting old
Loco B and 8 carrage Y which are midlife
and Loco C and 10 carrage Z which are new.

I could then set the template to Loco C + 10 Z but only the Old trains with Loco A would get upgraded to start,
the loco B +8Y would only get upgraded when they got old

at the moment if i try this all my B+8y trains get upgraded when they are only a couple of years old
I can look into that as an option. I am fairly busy at the moment so it may be some time.
SkullKrixzz wrote:So i have recently moved to a new PC and now when i look at the stops along the routes i make for all my vehicles, where the white box is to contain the number of which that stop is in the orders list, it only shows 3 dots, i have my font size set to 15, but i have put it smaller to see if maybe that was the issue, and no, it just stays a 3 dots, which makes it quite annoying when adjusting a route.... does anyone know a possible fix for this?

(i dont use this site a whole lot but i attached an image to show what i mean, hope it worked)
this is probably something really simple im sure, but i cant figure it out...
That does look like some sort of font issue, the text in the other windows looks fairly bad as well.
What platform are you using and what font and font settings? Could you post a config file?
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
perverted monkey
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by perverted monkey »

Maybe it is irrelevant but Windose 10 :oops: is notorious for its font issues from what I read while doing a Google search. :lol:
SkullKrixzz
Engineer
Engineer

Post by SkullKrixzz »

this is the file i assume you are referring to...
Attachments
openttd.cfg
(32.14 KiB) Downloaded 44 times
AkipTsaqif
Engineer
Engineer

Post by AkipTsaqif »

Hi, it's me again. I have another question here.

See this two pics:
[+] Spoiler
These are one of my stations. It is a medium sized station which has a branch line going up. I put a waypoint (it is a two tracked waypoint, side by side) there to force some of my trains coming from the left mainline to go to the branch line.

In the first image, the train 70 (upper left) seems to be stuck at finding path to Mojoberuk Timur if there is branch line waypoint order there even when the second platform is free. If I delete that order, the train would continue its journey as normal. Why is this happens?

Thanks.
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

the short version:

to decide which platform to use, the train evaluates the pathfinder, which applies penalties for reserved tracks and red signals, to make sure it chooses an empty platform if possible. the pathfinder is then run a second time to actually reserve the chosen path until the next signal (or end of track)

however, if you add the waypoint order, this evaluation stops at the waypoint tile, so it does not take into account whether the track behind the waypoint is free before deciding which platform of the waypoint to go to, so you lose the ability to choose an empty station platform.

rule of thumb: always have a signal and a crossover directly behind a multi-track waypoint
Gliptal
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Gliptal »

Another approach that doesn't use waypoints and orders to "move around" trains in given tracks and platforms are the routing restrictions feauture.
AkipTsaqif
Engineer
Engineer

Post by AkipTsaqif »

Eddi wrote:the short version:

to decide which platform to use, the train evaluates the pathfinder, which applies penalties for reserved tracks and red signals, to make sure it chooses an empty platform if possible. the pathfinder is then run a second time to actually reserve the chosen path until the next signal (or end of track)

however, if you add the waypoint order, this evaluation stops at the waypoint tile, so it does not take into account whether the track behind the waypoint is free before deciding which platform of the waypoint to go to, so you lose the ability to choose an empty station platform.

rule of thumb: always have a signal and a crossover directly behind a multi-track waypoint
So does that mean that I just need to swap them?
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

that could work (depending on your track layout and stuff)

for example: put the waypoint behind the station, and don't set "non-stop" on the waypoint order, to allow the train to load at the station. (don't put the station into the orders then)
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

dasy2k1 wrote:Trying to get my head round template replacement,

This is implemented now, it'll be in the next release.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
SciFurz
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by SciFurz »

Played around with vanilla OpenTTD a couple of years ago but stumbled across your version thanks to the great port on Android from Peyla and now find myself rather addicted to the simulator (I don't really play it as the game). It's a shame daylength can't be used higher than 125 but at least it reduces tile size to about 18km for trains (quick test) and the huge stations don't take up most of the map.

While experimenting in it with the more advanced options I jotted down a few questions and maybe some of the more specific ones can get a quick yes or no answer.

Is it possible to get a restricted signal option to set the maximum speed for trains?
For example, slowing them down before a busy station to avoid constant stop and go of each train in the traffic jam.

Set high or low priority on aquiring a slot?
To give trains from one direction or express cargos priority over others.

At setting the dispatch schedules, display ticks as an option?
Setting by day means all trains start at the same time, and the hour/minute option has no relation to the actual game date. At least with real or virtual ticks I can set dispatch times at specific moments of the day.

And speaking of dispatch, setting wait time at waypoints?
I can set it on stations but when I build a parking yard with a multi track one tile platform they're set to loading/unloading until it's time to leave. I don't want to risk accidental loading if the yard's close enough to industry or city if I miss setting the order to no load/unload. Besides, a waypoint looks better.
And this thought just came up, instead of a waypoint, could it be a restricted signal? One that will stop blocking between certain times (ticks of the day).

Thanks for all your great work and making this game interesting. Now I can create the model railroad that I wished for as a kid. ;-)
Tinkering in the code in between writing mostly naughty stuff.
See http://scifurz.wordpress.com/
Gwyd
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Gwyd »

1: No, you can't set speed restrictions at signals, however you can set them via timetables, so you could use a waypoint to mark where the speed limit changeover point is.
2: Yes, you can give some sort of priorities. You can get trains to reserve multiple path signal blocks at once, making other services wait. You can also add pathfinder penalties to groups of train going past a signal. I'm not sure if that entirely helps though.
3: Not sure on this, maybe someone else knows
4: I'm not sure if the android port is fully up to date with the PC version, but on 27.2 (and possibly a couple versions previous) you can indeed make trains wait at waypoints.
SciFurz
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by SciFurz »

Gwyd wrote:1: No, you can't set speed restrictions at signals, however you can set them via timetables, so you could use a waypoint to mark where the speed limit changeover point is.
2: Yes, you can give some sort of priorities. You can get trains to reserve multiple path signal blocks at once, making other services wait. You can also add pathfinder penalties to groups of train going past a signal. I'm not sure if that entirely helps though.
4: I'm not sure if the android port is fully up to date with the PC version, but on 27.2 (and possibly a couple versions previous) you can indeed make trains wait at waypoints.
1: That's not what I had in mind. I want to use slots to detect the amount of traffic and dynamically set a speed limit, and certainly not set waypoint orders for every train passing along those tracks. Way too much work.

2: That's a different kind of priority, yes. I'm talking about getting priority at aquiring a slot when two or more trains are waiting.

4: Unfortunately it's version 0.25.2, and it doesn't have the fixes for refit at station either, which I only found out after things went wrong.
I hope Peyla gets time to update the port.
piratescooby
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by piratescooby »

SciFurz wrote:
Gwyd wrote:1: No, you can't set speed restrictions at signals, however you can set them via timetables, so you could use a waypoint to mark where the speed limit changeover point is.
1: That's not what I had in mind. I want to use slots to detect the amount of traffic and dynamically set a speed limit, and certainly not set waypoint orders for every train passing along those tracks. Way too much work.

2: That's a different kind of priority, yes. I'm talking about getting priority at aquiring a slot when two or more trains are waiting.

4: Unfortunately it's version 0.25.2, and it doesn't have the fixes for refit at station either, which I only found out after things went wrong.
I hope Peyla gets time to update the port.
Something along these lines ? viewtopic.php?f=33&t=52085&start=20
SciFurz
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by SciFurz »

piratescooby wrote:Something along these lines ? viewtopic.php?f=33&t=52085&start=20
Oh, that's a really useful feature. I'd try it if I could.
SciFurz
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by SciFurz »

Another thing that came to mind while experimenting with timetables;

An option to set full load with a timeout, to have a train wait and load for a set time but the ability to leave early when it reaches full load of all or any cargo within the time limit.
Something like Load until timeout (leave at full load all cargo)/Load until timeout (leave at full load any cargo).
This to ensure a steady delivery while not wasting time on trains that are fully loaded.

Return to “OpenTTD Development”