Hi JGR. First of all thank you for all your work you did and still do on this patchpack. It's simply great and I really appreciate it! However I gathered a small list of questions/issues which I want to propound here to you.
1. Names of vehicle groups are ordered like text strings in the list. If you have many groups of identical names distinguished just by numbers, it's ordered like this: XYZ 1, XYZ 10, XYZ 11 .... XYZ 2, XYZ 20, XYZ 21 etc. Could it be possible to order it by numbers?
2. Is it possible to overpass limit of 5000 vehicles of one kind (road, ships...)? When you play just with horse carriages and sailing ships for a long time you inevitably hit this limit earlier or later. Eventually when trains and engines arrive the number or road vehicles goes down rapidly.
I can look into these at some point.
3. Repairing costs patch. When an old vehicle stops in depot and is automaticly replaced with a new one you are charged for both, repairing cost of the old vehicle and purchase price of the new one. Is really necessary to repair it before selling it to scrap?
This seems like a bug to me, I'll see about sorting this out.
4. Some stations have suspiciously bad rating comparing to another ones (passenger stations in most cases) although they are serviced regularly. There are hundreds and thousands of passengers waiting for their transport in many of my stations, but these ones are nearly empty. See the savegame.
You have oversaturated links with large backlogs of waiting cargo, hence your rating at those stations for the cargo in question is poor.
But I still can't comprehend why rating of these stations waver between 15 and 55% in a few years when there are many similarly serviced stations scattered all over the map which don't show this kind of behavior. My ships travel half-empty because of that bad rating. In most cases you have insufficient capacity for passengers with many thousands of them awaiting their travel and not reversely. One more savegame attached.
In the ship link indicated in your last savegame, your ships run half empty because your road vehicle links to the docks are insufficient, such that you have cargo waiting to use the ship link which has accumulated in the other stations.
OK. and what about cost of fixing purchase of company shares?
These also would be a good method of protecting part of company funds, but usually are switched off due to unfair issue: you can purchase shares for 1$ each and sell them for millions, because only condition is to check against company age (in case of difficult settings, 6 years old companies still have negative company value).
I propose to disable share purchasing, if company value is below maximal loan setting, economy.cpp code:
if ((_cur_year - c->inaugurated_year < 6) || (c->company_value>_economy.max_loan)) return_cmd_error(STR_ERROR_PROTECTED);
(maybe rounding of company value is necessary for protecting against desync?)
Is this really a problem that needs "fixing"?
1. signals on bridges/tunnels doesn't count into infrastructure maintenance costs.
I can see about adding that at some point.
2. I have a blue (?) instead of measurement icon, is it my fault, or a common issue?
That is the icon which is used for the measurement functionality in the landscape toolbar.